Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is a big Dia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
So random thing, but if you can pass Psychic Fire SIF AC version on JP? It gives full XP. So you can 4x it and effectively grind XP at 5 times the efficiency right now. No treasure boxes, but still if you want to level up for any reason (Like say, so you can sleep longer and not waste LP, or more efficiently tier events) then this is kind of insane.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Logicblade posted:

Guess who got Halloween Zuramaru on his first try?

Wow, so jealous, so DIE.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Well, 16 days till I guess I find out if I am spending a ton of money to head off to Moonland and watch Aqours live again. And if not, then I wait till round 2, and if that fails, then that's the signal to wait till 4L.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good luck!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Dexanth posted:

Well, 16 days till I guess I find out if I am spending a ton of money to head off to Moonland and watch Aqours live again. And if not, then I wait till round 2, and if that fails, then that's the signal to wait till 4L.

Good luck! This the Awaken the Power balloting? Or some other CD? I don't know how this all works.

What I do know is that a LL friend of mine who lives in Jersey just got back from Japan (complete with trip to Numazu for the pilgrimage, and a couple days at Winter Comiket) last month with 4 copies of Awaken the Power, to ballot for the Hakodate Unit Festival.

Mentioned that I tried to track down the CD myself at Kino and didn't want to ballot, just have the CD, and he offered to sell me one of them for $12, plus shipping. Better that than the Kino markup or ordering from Amazon JP and paying for the shipping from there, so I guess I'll take him up on the offer when I get paid.

Was at Kinokuniya Bryant Park again last week and while they didn't have any new CDs (or any LL CDs at all for that matter, guess I'll take my friend up on that offer of Awaken the Power then once I check again this coming week), and splurged on a bunch of merch, so much so that I had to put some stuff back after I saw just how much it was adding up to.

Probably can afford to get the Aqours SIF art book this week, but this time I wound up getting a You standee (because I thought it was the best looking of the bunch), a Riko job set nurse pin to go along with my Yohane one, a Christmas blind box shikishi (Riko), and an Ice Skating event Dia file folder. So much merch that I wound up leaving behind too, like wall scrolls and all that... Was also buying some Fate merch at the same time, so I couldn't get all the LL stuff I wanted there, my wallet was crying too much already... Dude who checked me out said he wished he could spend that much on LL merch, and thought that You was my best girl because of the standee I bought (I guess he missed the Dia folder or Riko pin?) and while she's a solid middle of the pack for me (Yohane best girl, Mari next, then Dia), it was just because her standee looked the best in my opinion.

Other standees for reference (and some pins in the background, that were all sold out by the time I came back for them, except the nurse Riko I picked up and a bunch of Detective Chikas):

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Good luck! This the Awaken the Power balloting? Or some other CD? I don't know how this all works.

What I do know is that a LL friend of mine who lives in Jersey just got back from Japan (complete with trip to Numazu for the pilgrimage, and a couple days at Winter Comiket) last month with 4 copies of Awaken the Power, to ballot for the Hakodate Unit Festival.

I hope your friend has prepped for the other steps - I'm going for Saitama Day 1 to start (As 3rd Live is tied to the Season 2 BDs).

Now to actually go? Well, first of course you need your codes. Then you need an Eplus account to enter those codes. Eplus requires a verified Japanese SMS number, so you need someone who has a valid JP SMS to verify your account. Then you enter codes and if you win, yay! Except now you need to pay for them, which either means a Japanese credit card (Hah!) or someone in Japan paying for you at a convenience store.

So you do that, right, all done? Nope! Now you wait until ~2 weeks pre-concert when you find out what seats you get, and you do that by having the tickets printed out at another convenience store (Or some stuff with Tenso, but that's even more complicated!) and after all that, yay, you are set, assuming that your name is the one on the tickets so you can pass the ID check.

Of course, all that is predicated on winning in the first place, and the odds of that aren't exactly phenomenal either. Like I honestly don't expect to win and I'm not sure if failing will be more relief or sadness. Cause if I fail, at least I tried versus not trying at all.

But if I win, welp, that means I have a solo trip abroad to put together which is a different level of intimidating.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I can't believe Million Live's shutting down, but now they put a date on it. Two months to go... Will I get everything I want from trading by then (probably not, people have mostly given up already).

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Just two months to build a Million Live Miki fansiteshrine!

I believe in you, Polsy.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Polsy posted:

I can't believe Million Live's shutting down, but now they put a date on it. Two months to go... Will I get everything I want from trading by then (probably not, people have mostly given up already).

This actually made me really sad.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It was a push-button gacha game but I had fun. Also, the 765Pro All Stars were there.

I'm checking the 'people who acquired any fans for Shiho last week' chart and there's 3,052 people on it so it's not completely dead yet but if you've already got all the cards you want there's nothing to actually play for. Other to say you held on until the very end.

Zenostein posted:

Just two months to build a Million Live Miki fansiteshrine!

I believe in you, Polsy.

There's a bunch of cards I've almost never seen up for trade (especially unevolved ones, because why would you hold onto an unevolved card) so I'm not expecting much more than I already have, realistically. Really need to get those all-important voice clips, though.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 15, 2018

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I will miss how silly ML was. Chocolate swimming pools and idols in jail and all that.

All this talk made me remember I hadn't been bothering with the last event, so I wandered into that and then I had Shiho beat up a snowman so I could go to space. You just don't get that sort of silliness in mobamas.

Also,

Polsy posted:

'people who acquired any fans for Shiho last week' chart
the most important chart.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, everything in Theatre Days so far has been 'you're a new unit and one of you gets to be the centre, perhaps there's some interpersonal drama during your practice'. I guess you can run through all 52 centres like that but it's a little dry.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, they probably won't do that for the all-stars, but yeah. They seem pretty wedded to their format the same way they've not set foot outside the theater.

I forget, has deresute dropped any unit songs in commus, or have those only been events and jukebox? That'd be a nice way to change things up, but people would probably complain a ton if it seemed like they were skipping someone's image song.Where's One Life, bandai?

But I don't really expect anything too weird for a rhythm game, which is why I was pointing to mobamas. However, every time something weird goes on in an event, there's an almost immediate jump to the dressing room where they explain what drama they're working on. I think the only time they actually went ahead with showing a drama was the Ayame/Karin/Tamami samurai thing, otherwise the drama's just going on in the background, like Shabon Song. And I really don't expect them to do something like that, because, again, their focus is on theater lives, not general idol-stuff. It would be a nice change of pace, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of deresute, I can’t believe they used their MV powers for evil like this

cool tachibana…

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

But I don't really expect anything too weird for a rhythm game, which is why I was pointing to mobamas. However, every time something weird goes on in an event, there's an almost immediate jump to the dressing room where they explain what drama they're working on.

I didn't really think about that but yeah, that's true. I mean sure the implication in ML is that they're doing a performance but they never stop to say 'well, show's over, good work all'. Collabs are cheating but they come closest to 'weird thing actually happened'.

Too cruel.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zenostein posted:

Speaking of deresute, I can’t believe they used their MV powers for evil like this

cool tachibana…

Yeah, I just learned the other day that some idols get unique animations for MVs, like Cool Tachibana there for her song. Nana gets a sweat drop in her song.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I didn't really think about that but yeah, that's true. I mean sure the implication in ML is that they're doing a performance but they never stop to say 'well, show's over, good work all'. Collabs are cheating but they come closest to 'weird thing actually happened'.

How does that work for collabs like that and granblue anyway? Do they just sorta shrug and accept that they're somewhere else for a bit?

Allarion posted:

Yeah, I just learned the other day that some idols get unique animations for MVs, like Cool Tachibana there for her song. Nana gets a sweat drop in her song.

I didn't know it was per-idol, but I think the only ones I've noticed were the occasional star-eyes. Then again, I usually only see the 3d when I remember to watch the event MV, so sad tachibana caught me off-guard.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah rika gets big star-eyes on a couple of her songs. also syuko SSR has a unique fan on her solo. there's a site somewhere that lists a ton of them, there are actually a bunch

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

How does that work for collabs like that and granblue anyway? Do they just sorta shrug and accept that they're somewhere else for a bit?

Pretty much. The ending tends to be 'it was just a dream .......or was it??' but at least while they're there they act like they've legitimately been transported to fantasy world and just have to get on with it until they figure out how to get home.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Dexanth posted:

I hope your friend has prepped for the other steps - I'm going for Saitama Day 1 to start (As 3rd Live is tied to the Season 2 BDs).

Now to actually go? Well, first of course you need your codes. Then you need an Eplus account to enter those codes. Eplus requires a verified Japanese SMS number, so you need someone who has a valid JP SMS to verify your account. Then you enter codes and if you win, yay! Except now you need to pay for them, which either means a Japanese credit card (Hah!) or someone in Japan paying for you at a convenience store.

So you do that, right, all done? Nope! Now you wait until ~2 weeks pre-concert when you find out what seats you get, and you do that by having the tickets printed out at another convenience store (Or some stuff with Tenso, but that's even more complicated!) and after all that, yay, you are set, assuming that your name is the one on the tickets so you can pass the ID check.

Of course, all that is predicated on winning in the first place, and the odds of that aren't exactly phenomenal either. Like I honestly don't expect to win and I'm not sure if failing will be more relief or sadness. Cause if I fail, at least I tried versus not trying at all.

But if I win, welp, that means I have a solo trip abroad to put together which is a different level of intimidating.

Huh, that is a pretty involved process, and I wish you luck in getting in.

My friend should be able to claim his tickets if he wins, he should have the JP stuff set up since he orders LL/idol stuff and UOs from Amazon JP all the time and has them shipped to Jersey. He's been to Tokyo a couple times as well, so he should be familiar with the lay of the land, apparently he goes to Mogra all the time over there and blows tons of UOs depending on the DJ behind the booth.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah rika gets big star-eyes on a couple of her songs. also syuko SSR has a unique fan on her solo. there's a site somewhere that lists a ton of them, there are actually a bunch

Ones I remember: Kirari and Yuko get eye stars, Anzu does her teardrop smirk, Sanae and Shiki stick their tongues out, Uzuki has a unique wide smile, Koume's spooky glazed eye and of course there's Syoko's amazing crazyface. Ususally happens in their solos but not always.

Oh I think quite a few have different expressions when you finish songs also. Eyes and mouth closed or open etc.

l33tc4k30fd00m fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 17, 2018

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

11780/12000 gacha coins Konomi finally dropped.

I don’t want to even think about my stamina drinks net total; I’d hate to realize just how far into the red that is…

Also it’s a real good thing nobody gets too upset if you don’t reply for a while…

lol

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Ones I remember: Kirari and Yuko get eye stars, Anzu does her teardrop smirk, Sanae and Shiki stick their tongues out, Uzuki has a unique wide smile, Koume's spooky glazed eye and of course there's Syoko's amazing crazyface. Ususally happens in their solos but not always.

Oh I think quite a few have different expressions when you finish songs also. Eyes and mouth closed or open etc.

It would be nice if they used their MV playlist feature to highlight some of these. Although I suppose they wouldn't want to draw too much attention to how much better the newer ones are than the old.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm okay with this.

First time drawing any UR at all.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

nielsm posted:

I'm okay with this.

Congratulations!

Now die.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

nielsm posted:

I'm okay with this.

Holy hell is that a way to start.

Please die.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

nielsm posted:

I'm okay with this.

Vitamean posted:

Congratulations!

Now die.
This. Want that UR so bad.

Also, Happy belated Pana Day (and the birth of my cousin's second kid, now I had a good way to remember his birthday)! Birthday scout only got me two SRs and an initial SSR, but that let me idolize it, so I guess that's not too bad.

Speaking of Pana, Shikaco left her agency (or had her contract expire) at the end of last year and is now going freelance. Because of this, her official fan club is shutting down as well. Link here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-02/love-live-s-yurika-kubo-quits-agency-goes-freelance/.125980

Hope it works out for her, she put out a number of singles and an album during and after her Love Live run, and seemed to be landing roles ok in the interim. She used to go gravure videos, so I guess she can fall back on that if it doesn't work out, but it just seems like a waste of talent if she's forced to do so.

Also also in seiyuu news, Mimorin has confirmed she's in a relationship with the New Japan wrestler Okada Kazuchika, aka the Rainmaker (the Rainmaker and the Love Arrow sounds like a great tag team promotion), but won't let it affect her career and she'll carry on with it. Good for her, hope she's happy with him and the crazy otaku don't get too het up over this news, though I guess that's a forlorn hope, going off of some of the reaction I've seen online. Then again, I've also seen a lot of positive reaction online which has been acknowledged by Mimorin, and a bunch of people are also pushing back on the super creepy otaku slagging her for this (I guess her BF being a wrestler helps keep off a lot of the idol stans as well, since they know he could destroy them). Hope it all works out for them!
Links here:https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-13/voice-actress-suzuko-mimori-wrestler-kazuchika-okada-acknowledge-relationship/.126381
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-15/suzuko-mimori-thanks-fans-for-support-after-confirming-relationship/.126452

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 18, 2018

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Goddammit, DIE

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why hast the gacha forsakeneth me?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Why hast the gacha forsakeneth me?

The price you pay for pulling Chihaya

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone local wanted to get rid of their Chika neso with headband so I managed to pick it up for only $25. I feel like I’ll have a mountain of ahoges by the end of this year :ohdear:

GhostStalker posted:

Probably can afford to get the Aqours SIF art book this week, but this time I wound up getting a You standee (because I thought it was the best looking of the bunch), a Riko job set nurse pin to go along with my Yohane one, a Christmas blind box shikishi (Riko), and an Ice Skating event Dia file folder. So much merch that I wound up leaving behind too, like wall scrolls and all that... Was also buying some Fate merch at the same time, so I couldn't get all the LL stuff I wanted there, my wallet was crying too much already... Dude who checked me out said he wished he could spend that much on LL merch, and thought that You was my best girl because of the standee I bought (I guess he missed the Dia folder or Riko pin?) and while she's a solid middle of the pack for me (Yohane best girl, Mari next, then Dia), it was just because her standee looked the best in my opinion.

Other standees for reference (and some pins in the background, that were all sold out by the time I came back for them, except the nurse Riko I picked up and a bunch of Detective Chikas):

How large are those things? I might want to get one but at the same time, there’s this artist who makes chibi versions and they’re about 2-3” high which fits in your pocket. He posts pics of taking them on adventures and they’re all based on memes which is pretty cute.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Someone local wanted to get rid of their Chika neso with headband so I managed to pick it up for only $25. I feel like I’ll have a mountain of ahoges by the end of this year :ohdear:

How large are those things? I might want to get one but at the same time, there’s this artist who makes chibi versions and they’re about 2-3” high which fits in your pocket. He posts pics of taking them on adventures and they’re all based on memes which is pretty cute.

The standees? Lemme check. Uh, according to my quick measurement with a ruler, about 5.5".

Also, nice deal getting the Chika neso. Wish I had that kind of luck.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zenostein posted:

But I don't really expect anything too weird for a rhythm game, which is why I was pointing to mobamas. However, every time something weird goes on in an event, there's an almost immediate jump to the dressing room where they explain what drama they're working on. I think the only time they actually went ahead with showing a drama was the Ayame/Karin/Tamami samurai thing, otherwise the drama's just going on in the background, like Shabon Song. And I really don't expect them to do something like that, because, again, their focus is on theater lives, not general idol-stuff. It would be a nice change of pace, though.

Nice of Million Theater to make me almost immediately eat my words.

Not that I'm complaining about this vampire musical or whatever's going on. So good.

e. Oh yeah, if you still have theater boost tickets, voting closes today (the 22nd) at midnight (jst). Now would be an excellent time to dump 200 tickets into rocoking

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 21, 2018

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

They're still doing rehearsals in their practice outfits but yeah, it's a big step up.

Zenostein posted:

e. Oh yeah, if you still have theater boost tickets, voting closes today (the 22nd) at midnight (jst). Now would be an excellent time to dump 200 tickets into rocoking

Most of the votes aren't even a little bit close so sure, why not.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 22, 2018

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Wow, exact change!

I’m glad it was Takane’s birthday; otherwise I wouldn’t‘ve let Misaki talk. That MV makes a lot more sense now.

I hope it’s the vampire hunters in white, otherwise I’ll have to shuffle Iori again

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/potatochip36/status/954589744251289606

her majesty :worship:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

^^ powerful

Zenostein posted:

Wow, exact change!

I’m glad it was Takane’s birthday; otherwise I wouldn’t‘ve let Misaki talk. That MV makes a lot more sense now.

I had 301, but I kept 200 for Roco since you asked. And yeah, normally I leave Misaki standing around until I feel like I have the free time, but she was right in the way of the all-important whiteboard...

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I thought that was a satou tweet before i checked the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The pigeons are a real nice touch.

Today I learned Misaki has a sister doing space stuff. I thought that was a joke someone was making because she was talking about Tanegashima, but apparently that's just a thing.

Besides not really wanting to hear the event intro when I'm off to play, I kinda like having Misaki standing around and talking. It's a shame she has to do it right in front of the whiteboard…

Polsy posted:

I had 301, but I kept 200 for Roco since you asked.

I can't believe you explained how the sausage is made.

Also, what else are they going to do rehearsals in?

Excellent clothes for doing stuff on a stagealso under the stage