Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Compendium posted:

Be me and don't roll for Jalter, prey on your friend's suffering instead and use their Jalters

Although this line of reasoning is probably one of the reasons I don't have an Avenger even after 3 years on JP

Who did you pick for your free 4 star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ZiegeDame posted:

When does Merlin drop? Camelot?
Not only does Merlin drop in December, but the previous two banners in the same month are:

Enkidu(5*), Medusa Lancer (4*), Caster Gil (4*)
Quez(5*),Gorgon(4*),Taiga(3*)

It's one hell of an expensive month. Personally I'm going to try to horde my summon tickets because Merlin's banner is him alone and it's non-event, so one can literally stop once they get one of him.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Merlin and Quetz in the same month is just mean. At least Quetz isn't limited, I guess.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean she's story-locked, so that's not that much better.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Cool I got that Saber Alter person. Am I right in thinking she goes well with Emiya since he has 3 art cards and also wants to spam NP?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You're not mentioning ishtar that comes before Merlin and musashi/king Hassan right after.

It's like immediately following up jalter with the summer event.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So, after watching Apocrypha Pt.1, I think I'm gonna fully ascend and max Frankie because I want to help her. How viable is she as a Berserker? I like that she can boost her NP gain, make it stronger, and stun the enemy. However, the idea of her stunning and burning herself for 2-3 rounds is discouraging. She feels like a BerserCat but marginally worse?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's definitely going to be a situation of giving maybe a sympathetic roll towards a few neat servants but having to really step back and ask yourself which ones you feel you really want. I feel pretty compelled at this stage to go all out for both Jalter and Merlin, and would like Gorgon and Taiga because they are going to be hard to get otherwise. King Hassan is rad as f but I already have Jack, and I'm already quite rich with Archers even though I'd certainly love Ishtar.

Lube banjo posted:

Cool I got that Saber Alter person. Am I right in thinking she goes well with Emiya since he has 3 art cards and also wants to spam NP?
As much as any other servant with three arts cards I guess. The problem with that pairing to me is more that Saber/Archer are competing spots in the class triangle, and seals Salter's strength against Lancers unless you're willing to live with Emiya being exposed.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

unless you're willing to live with Emiya being exposed.
Do it. Put him out there and watch him burn.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RanKizama posted:

So, after watching Apocrypha Pt.1, I think I'm gonna fully ascend and max Frankie because I want to help her. How viable is she as a Berserker? I like that she can boost her NP gain, make it stronger, and stun the enemy. However, the idea of her stunning and burning herself for 2-3 rounds is discouraging. She feels like a BerserCat but marginally worse?

Her 2nd skill is really good, everything else about her kit is garbage though. You correctly placed her as Tamamo Cat, but worse. And Tamamo isn't all that good herself tbh, especially compared to the other 4* Zerkers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
FWIW most analysis/tier lists I've seen seem to go Lancelot>Fran>TamaCat in terms of Quick-based AOE zerkers.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I am going to go all out for Iskander and I will grail him.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Wuxi posted:

Her 2nd skill is really good, everything else about her kit is garbage though. You correctly placed her as Tamamo Cat, but worse. And Tamamo isn't all that good herself tbh, especially compared to the other 4* Zerkers.

Nate RFB posted:

FWIW most analysis/tier lists I've seen seem to go Lancelot>Fran>TamaCat in terms of Quick-based AOE zerkers.
My Lancelot (70 atm) was my go to for the longest time until I leveled up Cat (80), whom felt better based on NP gain alone since I didn't have a Kaleidoscope at the time. If Frankie (60 atm) can sit up there in the Cat range, then I will probably end up swapping to her for general use but stick Lancelot on my Support Roster with a Kaleidoscope. Thanks for the feedback.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RanKizama posted:

Mediocre skills, mediocre stats, low survivability and OK damage that comes with being Berserker and what would be ridiculously powerful NP if it wasn't completely crippled by its 2 turns self-stun. Pair her with someone who can cleanse debuffs like Medea Lily or Martha and she can do a solid job as a damage dealer. Even without it, she can wave clear like a champ.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sefal posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sefal posted:

God bless.

People keep telling me Iskander is bad, but a friend's 100 10/10/10 Isakander carried me through the Halloween 2016 rerun and helped immensely in other events far better than, say, a Drake ever could have.

Dude's AOE NP damage did single target NP damage to every enemy.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

I put over 200 quartz and maybe 20 tickets into the Mordred banner a few weeks back with nothing to show for it but ten copies of Necromancy. Threw a single what-the-hell ticket at the current banner and out drops Saber Alter :psyduck: Don't roll for waifus y'all

I dropped all my quartz and tickets on Nero back during Nerofest, didn't get any gold servants at all. I dropped all my quartz and tickets on Okita back during GUDAGUDA, the only thing I got was loving Siegfried. I dropped one single ticket on the current SAlter banner and got Drake

I didn't even like Drake

Nate RFB posted:

Not only does Merlin drop in December, but the previous two banners in the same month are:

It's one hell of an expensive month. Personally I'm going to try to horde my summon tickets because Merlin's banner is him alone and it's non-event, so one can literally stop once they get one of him.

Augh, two Medusa variants in the same month?

That's just not faiUh, who likes Medusa anyway? Not me, no sir. I certainly wouldn't want to roll her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You always put in the back of your mind that any non-limited 4 star will be free to you eventually.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Unless of course, it's a Storylock. Like Gorgon.

But the real prize of Babylon is Quetz. For the SRs, that'd be BrideGil.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I sadly think Caster Gil/Medusa Lancers are the odd ones out from that month, because there's a decent chance they could show up elsewhere eventually. There'd be no such luck with Gorgon.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tae posted:

Who did you pick for your free 4 star

Tristan if we're talking about the most recent free 4* campaign in JP

I've tried out Lobo and Gorgon supports to see how they play and they're okay, but they weren't that great to me, Jalter is just that broken as an Avenger.

Also gonna have to go with Tamamo Cat being a better quick Zerker compared to Lancelot and Fran

Compendium fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 12, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just want Gorgon and Medusa Lancer to complete the Snek team.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kinda wish Medusa Lancer was the one from the First Order anime instead of Stheno/Euryale sized Medusa in a weird outfit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She looks like something from Prisma Illya and that is a little upsetting. I wish she at least matched the AKIRA artstyle of the other two.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
there’s always the chance we get non-lily medusa lancer. also if you keep her in her first form she has a cat ear cloak and it’s cute.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How many 4* selectors has JP done?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

how many stars does mozart have

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Two; one at launch, one at second anniversary.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Nate RFB posted:

there is only one quetz and you cant roll for her

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
"D" stands for more than just "Dragon"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
fgo quetz is way cuter than kobayashi quetz

i'd still roll for kobayashi quetz if i could though

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

fgo quetz is way cuter than kobayashi quetz

i'd still roll for kobayashi quetz if i could though

thnk you for your wrong opinions on animes, in this, the fgo thread

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Clawtopsy posted:

thnk you for your wrong opinions on animes, in this, the fgo thread

you're very welcome, may you be blessed by lucha onee-chan

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

speaking of poor life choices how do i get caster marie? i need 5 of her

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

speaking of poor life choices how do i get caster marie? i need 5 of her

Save quartz until summer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You wait for summer and then get Tamamo Lancer or Archer Anne and Mary by accident

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a big fan of blowing all your quartz and just screaming at your phone until blood pours out of your mouth.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a big fan of blowing all your quartz and just screaming at your phone until blood pours out of your mouth.

Grail-kun account identified!

AtheistMantis fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 12, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

regular marie came to me 5 times without chasing her and i am sure summer marie will want to be my friend just as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Congrats for playing yourself fool