Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think Werner Herzog wants to direct a spandex flick. It would be funny to hear his accent throughout an entire panel at ComiCon, I'll grant you.

Isn't he pretty much game for anything? I mean he made Bad Lieutenant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Boy, if you thought uncritical consumers of super hero media hated Zack Snyder's take on the genre, they'd spontaneously combust after seeing Werner Herzog's take on that genre.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Isn't he pretty much game for anything? I mean he made Bad Lieutenant

If they got Nic Cage to be Gambit, sure.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Get the guy who directed Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans to direct Gambit.

Who??

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Textless Vanity Fair cover photos from their Infinity War characters photoshoot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Holy cow you guys gotta read the Goodreads reviews of this poo poo. It is absolutely brutal.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18145442-super-mario-bros-3

Even this dude's fans call it a piece of poo poo.

quote:

Recent Questions
does any1 els want 2 reed this amazing book again?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

I believe he's talking about the director of Eraserhead, Herner Werzog.

They should get Matthew Vaughn to direct Gambit but he's probably too busy these days.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Elizabeth Olsen looks really different.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Elizabeth Olsen looks really different.

Yeah, for a second there, I thought they had replaced Olsen with Bryce Dallas Howard.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So some filming for Venom is going to happen right near my office in San Francisco on Monday. Just saw the notice posted today about filming for "Antidote" which would obviously be the project code name. Luckily, it listed the location manager as a James McAlister. A quick google search shows him as the location manager for the upcoming Venom film. Bing bang boom.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gonz posted:

Yeah, for a second there, I thought they had replaced Olsen with Bryce Dallas Howard.

Lookin like a youngish Julianne Moore.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The New Mutants movie has been pushed back 10 months from April 13 to February 22, 2019. The buzz from the trailer has been very good from all the reactions I have seen, so I wonder what the issue is.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-gambit-new-mutants-get-new-release-dates-1073560

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oasx posted:

The New Mutants movie has been pushed back 10 months from April 13 to February 22, 2019. The buzz from the trailer has been very good from all the reactions I have seen, so I wonder what the issue is.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-gambit-new-mutants-get-new-release-dates-1073560

Probably not enough jump scares.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Welp. There goes the one comic book movie I cared about for 2018.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If anyone lives in San Francisco or the bay area and wants to peep on a scene from the Venom filming:

Seems like it's an action scene between a car and a motorcycle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Captain America image feels unbalanced, like there's supposed to be someone to his right but they've photoshopped them out for spoiler reasons.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The only place where people from Team Cap and Team Tony can genuinely get along is in Vanity Fair.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

So some filming for Venom is going to happen right near my office in San Francisco on Monday. Just saw the notice posted today about filming for "Antidote" which would obviously be the project code name. Luckily, it listed the location manager as a James McAlister. A quick google search shows him as the location manager for the upcoming Venom film. Bing bang boom.

smh wheres the respect for mlk day

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oasx posted:

You are hiding the real headline here: Fox is bumping Deadpool 2 up to a week before Solo, which is hilarious given that Disney is buying Fox, and if Solo is really as bad as feared, this could totally cannibalize the nerd dollars that Disney was hoping for. Obviously someone at Fox is not happy about their fate.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Haha he quite literally believes FPS games turn people into mentally unfit psychopaths and caused the Iraq War it's great

It's a well known fact there were no wars before Doom came out.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Here's a better explanation of why the Iraq War happened, in comic book form, for the comic book movie thread:

https://thenib.com/the-good-war

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Oasx posted:

20th C. Fox gotta stick its dick in my pie one last time before they shutter I guess :sigh:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I read somewhere that Fox thinks The New Mutants is not scary enough. Here's hoping they're trying to go full on Insidious and It with the final movie.

If there's one X-Men movie I expected to be delayed, it would be Dark Phoenix. It seems way too big of a movie to be made so quickly by a first-time director who for all we know was responsible for Fantastic Four 2015 being terrible.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/951498957200310272

True, but what if Man of Steel were... in color*!

*Proper colors**
**Correct colors***
***Vibrant colors

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jimbot posted:

*Proper colors**
**Correct colors***
***Vibrant colors

In the twitter thread for this someone's pimping K.Waste's video on MoS. YOU'RE FAMOUS K!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

In the twitter thread for this someone's pimping K.Waste's video on MoS. YOU'RE FAMOUS K!

Oh, no...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

K. Waste posted:

Oh, no...

Place the crown upon your brow and sit on your throne of poo poo. Forever more shall the proper internet critics see you as the king of the Snyder weirdos.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Jimbot posted:

Place the crown upon your brow and sit on your throne of poo poo. Forever more shall the proper internet critics see you as the king of the Snyder weirdos.

I wish I were known as that guy who was like, "Hey, Kanye West's "Stronger" is pretty good, huh?"

edit: one of you mooks should get on Vero and message Zack Snyder the link to B/W Beavis

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 12, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

No, no, that's Jessica Chastain

Easy mistake to make

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

it not you, it Gambit

*snap*

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

K. Waste posted:

I wish I were known as that guy who was like, "Hey, Kanye West's "Stronger" is pretty good, huh?"

edit: one of you mooks should get on Vero and message Zack Snyder the link to B/W Beavis

I want that edit but I don't have PMs.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jimbot posted:

Boy, if you thought uncritical consumers of super hero media hated Zack Snyder's take on the genre, they'd spontaneously combust after seeing Werner Herzog's take on that genre.

I think Werner Herzog could make a killer X-Force movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jimbot posted:

*Proper colors**
**Correct colors***
***Vibrant colors

That red swatch isn't matching the cape in that shot due to the lighting. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
By the way, here's the first official look at Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock

And here's the entire panel at Brazil Comic Con that had Venom's director as participant.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/11/venom-first-look-at-tom-hardy-as-eddie-brock-and-full-brazil-comic-con-panel-video-ign-first

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tom Hardy is Tom Hardy in Tom Hardy: The Movie

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tom Hardy is Tom Hardy in Tom Hardy: The Movie

Not empty quoting.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Bold move to change Venom from a slimy black monster to a handsome white dude. Typical hollywood.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

By the way, here's the first official look at Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock

And here's the entire panel at Brazil Comic Con that had Venom's director as participant.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/11/venom-first-look-at-tom-hardy-as-eddie-brock-and-full-brazil-comic-con-panel-video-ign-first

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...doesn't look enough like Jay Cutler. How can he play Venom? NOT MY VENOM! Look below...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's actually a bunch of references to certain comicbook storylines in the few lines he's jotted down in his notebook so it's not just a generic photo of Tom Hardy, it also hints at the villains and the probable plot. :ssh:

But it's still pretty disappointing. The one thing we really want to see is what Venom will look like and they'll probably hold that back as long as possible while they work on the effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I never understood the character of Venom. What's the deal with him? Is he a villain? Anti-hero?