Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate ate a hot dog (no bun), bacon, a raspberry jelly donut, and a Bud Ice for breakfast this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate ate a hot dog (no bun), bacon, a raspberry jelly donut, and a Bud Ice for breakfast this morning

That's some peak bachelor chow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Replace the beer with coffee and that's pretty much what I was eating last weekend when I was too ill to go to the shops

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I dunno, hotdogs/bacon and donuts just seems off to me. Like they're two different breakfasts, bacon or donuts, not bacon and donuts!

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, hotdogs/bacon and donuts just seems off to me. Like they're two different breakfasts, bacon or donuts, not bacon and donuts!
Oh my sweet summer child.https://m.imgur.com/t/bacon/nxnspCz
Edit: imagine I know how to post pics.

Stairs has a new favorite as of 15:03 on Jan 12, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stairs posted:

Oh my sweet summer child.https://m.imgur.com/t/bacon/nxnspCz
Edit: imagine I know how to post pics.

Yeah, I've always classified that as AFP for my book

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I've always classified that as AFP for my book

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

Might be AFP to some, I suppose - I pitted a ton of cherries tonight, and in the end I looked like I just murdered someone. They were super juicy cherries, and I had never worked with cherries before, and I didn't realize their juice looked somewhat like blood.

Cue triggered_by_pomegranates.jpg

Years ago, my mother wrangled a cat into a carrier for a vet visit, and then went to eat a few cherries before it was time to leave. The cat managed to open the carrier door and escape, and mom and I had a panicked rush to grab the cat and force her back in, which definitely took both of us. Suddenly, blood everywhere, in quantities like you get from deep, gushing cuts that need stitches, and we both looked at the other in horror.

My mother hadn't put down her handful of cherries before rushing to grab the cat.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Today's lunch included a pasta salad with olives, canned peaches, and cheese.

It was unpleasant.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

WHY

wait what kind of cheese this is important

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It was unpleasant.

I read this as canned peaches and cheese, which shows that the Oxford comma is very important.

...is canned cheese a thing...???

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GrandpaPants posted:

...is canned cheese a thing...???

so..... no, not really.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

If it goes in a can, it's probably not actually cheese.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

If it goes in a can, it's probably not actually cheese.

I'll put what I want in my can

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The Bloop posted:

WHY

wait what kind of cheese this is important

White and tasteless shreds.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Bloop posted:

so..... no, not really.

This stuff is the poo poo and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. It's even better after a decade or so in the fridge.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I'm pretty sure the topic of canned cheese has come up in this thread before and multiple people extolled the virtues of some canned cheese made at Washington State University. Google tells me it's called Cougar Cheese.

E:fb

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I, for one, salute the brave men and women that milk those cougars.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

I, for one, salute the brave men and women that milk those cougars.

Some cougars seek it out

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Might be AFP to some, I suppose - I pitted a ton of cherries tonight, and in the end I looked like I just murdered someone. They were super juicy cherries, and I had never worked with cherries before, and I didn't realize their juice looked somewhat like blood.

Cue triggered_by_pomegranates.jpg

I used to work at a place that made veggie burgers. One night I got worked at bulk prepping dry mix. Adding the soy, the torula yeast, the beet powder, the seasoning into a barrel... All of a sudden, my supervisor walks over and asks me if I am okay. I answer in the affirmative. He keeps asking me and I keep saying I am fine. I finished that barrel, jack up the pallet jack, and start rolling to the next area. As I did I walked by a place with interior windows. I looked in the window to see what was going on and realized what my supervisor was talking about. The area I was working in was warm, and I had gotten the beet powder on my forehead and sweated...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Samizdata posted:

I used to work at a place that made veggie burgers. One night I got worked at bulk prepping dry mix. Adding the soy, the torula yeast, the beet powder, the seasoning into a barrel... All of a sudden, my supervisor walks over and asks me if I am okay. I answer in the affirmative. He keeps asking me and I keep saying I am fine. I finished that barrel, jack up the pallet jack, and start rolling to the next area. As I did I walked by a place with interior windows. I looked in the window to see what was going on and realized what my supervisor was talking about. The area I was working in was warm, and I had gotten the beet powder on my forehead and sweated...

LOL he thought you might be bleeding and didn't mention the problem? Like maybe you have a head injury and don't realize it because you have a loving head injury, and now you are turning those veggie burgers into cannibalism burgers.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

LOL he thought you might be bleeding and didn't mention the problem? Like maybe you have a head injury and don't realize it because you have a loving head injury, and now you are turning those veggie burgers into cannibalism burgers.

Pretty much. We were making the burgers for Bird's Eye and charitable contributions overseas. Ended up losing the job since no one was buying them at the time, the storage freezers were full, and my shift had more than doubled our production.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

This stuff is the poo poo and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. It's even better after a decade or so in the fridge.

Was going to post this, but you beat me to it: Cougar Gold is insanely good.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Samizdata posted:

My brother works in a veggie restaurant which serves an extremely convincing 'beef' burger, with beets used to create the illusion of medium-rareness inside.

Apparently more than one customer has tried to send the burger back because they prefer it well-done.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pookah posted:

My brother works in a veggie restaurant which serves an extremely convincing 'beef' burger, with beets used to create the illusion of medium-rareness inside.

Apparently more than one customer has tried to send the burger back because they prefer it well-done.

Vegans: It's NEVER good enough.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
tbh you should prolly not eat rare ground meat

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I had an ex that would eat raw hamburger and raw bacon. I gave up after a while.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
"raw" bacon is 100% safe

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

"raw" bacon is 100% safe

Still it's raw meat. Yuck. I mean I love a blue steak as much as the next person, but I am not doing raw pork.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Thick medium rare burgers are the loving best.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I had an ex that would eat raw hamburger and raw bacon. I gave up after a while.

:barf:

I've done some experiments culturing microbes from raw hamburger and raw sausage and it's pretty gnarly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:randno:

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Still it's raw meat. Yuck. I mean I love a blue steak as much as the next person, but I am not doing raw pork.

You can get raw pork belly but bacon isn't really raw pork, it's smoked.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Leviathan Song posted:

I still want the protein at a given level of denaturing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Leviathan Song posted:

It's cured. Smoking isn't necessarily part of the process.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

1.5 U.S. gills ("jills") is 6 ounces.

Man, I don't even want 1/8 gill of that stuff. :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

No. Do not want.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Borden's Irradiated Evaporated Milk" sounds like straight out of Fallout.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Would. I think the porky saltiness would go well with the buttery flavor of the macadamias.