Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
poo poo, they've got the franchise, the triple AAA actors, and even the cult-like behaviour of followers! This #MayTheForce will be terrible for #StarWars; the new dog is in town #IcodewithChris!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not-So-Secret Santa Streetroller Giveaway
PO Box "That Star Citizen Thread"
Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

Your hair is fantastic. As someone who thinks their hair is beginning to thin, this is a very grudging compliment.

On a more serious note, don't let these bastards get you down. They are terrible people. You know that. You're better than them. You're better than most of us. Most of us see Star Citizen unfolding and think "This is going to be good for a laugh" and settle down to watch the car crash. Some people who fell for the initial spiel are getting their money out, and good for them. A few people are doing something to help others, like Beet running r/starcitizen_refunds. You are the only person I know of who has said "This is not acceptable. I'm not going to play by their terms, I'm going to hold them accountable to the morals and laws to which they should be held accountable. I am going to show that their refund policy is bullshit and that Chris Roberts is a liar. By the time I'm finished, Roberts being a con artist won't be a joke, it will be legal fact." Keep doing what you're doing.

Oh, and I find it interesting that straight away, they've assumed your penis doesn't work. I've found bad people generally project their worst failings onto others, showing in this case how Citizens really are a bunch of useless dicks.

TheAgent: if you're dumb enough to pick me as a winner, I'd quite like Mass Effect Andromeda. I thought the ME trilogy was really overrated, so I'm curious to see how much worse Andromeda is.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

TheAgent: if you're dumb enough to pick me as a winner, I'd quite like Mass Effect Andromeda. I thought the ME trilogy was really overrated, so I'm curious to see how much worse Andromeda is.

The Phantom Menace levels of bad.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

The Phantom Menace levels of bad.
... I need this.

big nipples big life posted:

I'm glad there are at least between 350 and 1150 complete idiots still invested in dreams.
We're all invested in the Star Citizen dream, just some of us are getting better value than others.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: Chances to make a game - O left

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wait it's 350 per ticket, not 350 tickets, how many tickets are there?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Wait it's 350 per ticket, not 350 tickets, how many tickets are there?

three batches of 20

If I recall correctly.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

Keep streetrolling

Wheelly you,
Zzr

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wow I was way off on the number of complete idiots

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

wow I was way off on the number of complete idiots

You were, there are way more than 1150 complete idiots.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Turns out it was 61

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

I am not an inspirational voice, but you more than made up for that with your actions and your video. So I will only offer the following:

In this storm, only you and Chris stand in the eye. YouTube commenters don't exist. Reddit does not exist. Streamers, bloggers, and Twitter personalities do not exist. Not even Derek exists. Nobody determines the merit or the success of your suit - not even attorneys. The courts will decide.

Let nothing else capture your attention. There is nothing else. Keep your eye on the prize and you can't be stopped.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

Turns out it was 61

am I #1 or #61?

this is important

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

am I #1 or #61?

this is important

you're #1 to me, babe :wink:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just hopping in to say this may be the best thread title of all time for this thread.

Anything good since ~5000 posts ago or roughly 2 weeks after lawsuits were announced?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just hopping in to say this may be the best thread title of all time for this thread.

Anything good since ~5000 posts ago or roughly 2 weeks after lawsuits were announced?

I love the thread title.

And the 5000 posts are largely forgettable. I'd say only like 30% of them are worth reading.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

You are man in the only sense that matters.

Those attacking you are the very same people that would cast their eyes downward as their family and friends are dragged off by police state goons and not utter a word.

Sincerely,
Monkeytek

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can't wait to hear what slop they cater. But if Roberts plans on eating they might go all out. Not sure $350 can cover a plate of food and drinks for one though. :ohdear:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can't wait to hear what slop they cater. But if Roberts plans on eating they might go all out. Not sure $350 can cover a plate of food and drinks for one though. :ohdear:

Hey CIG employee suggest making it a potluck and ride the great initiative train all the way to two bathroom breaks a day town.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

You are man in the only sense that matters.

Those attacking you are the very same people that would cast their eyes downward as their family and friends are dragged off by police state goons and not utter a word.

Sincerely,
Monkeytek

I know you mean "goons" as in "low level thugs," but I'd love to see a Something Awful police state. People being dragged from their homes at three in the morning for unironically using a meme, Gaming Garbage being the only thing on television 24/7, people paying to have their enemies' faces cosmetically altered.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Hey CIG employee suggest making it a potluck and ride the great initiative train all the way to two bathroom breaks a day town.

That would be a CIG move, everyone getting food poisoning.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

It filters from the slop.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

I love the thread title.
Haha yes this is brilliant

mike-db
Mar 16, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I know you mean "goons" as in "low level thugs," but I'd love to see a Something Awful police state. People being dragged from their homes at three in the morning for unironically using a meme, Gaming Garbage being the only thing on television 24/7, people paying to have their enemies' faces cosmetically altered.

This sounds lovely.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that wrong company defense comes in real handy

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wouldn't everyone just turn up with Cheetos and Mountain Dew?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Wouldn't everyone just turn up with Cheetos and Mountain Dew?

Bunny man would turn up with Faygo cause well he seems to look the part.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
We're all in the wrong company here.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bunny man would turn up with Faygo cause well he seems to look the part.

"Faygo" sounds like it should be an offensive term for "homosexual." But then, I'm British and we'll happily eat a meal of faggots followed by spotted dick, so I probably shouldn't mock.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

that wrong company defense comes in real handy

its starting to remind me of soverign citizens making a distinction between themselves and 'their person'.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beverly Hills, CA

Dear ManagementStreetroller,

Keep doing what you're doing.

All the best,

Daz, DeveloperShitposter

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol at that reddit thread about GI. "Ummmm I agree with what the dude is saying but the rhetoric is so much like the goons that I have to disagree entirely"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I will never get over that wrong company defense.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Then goes on to explicitly agree the land transactions are bad, but is still upset. :lol:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hell probably the same studio each employee gets different paychecks from different companies.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
how can your criticism be taken seriously if you don't even know which one of the 19 shell companies are actually developing the game

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

star citizen is a quantum super position of states when it comes to the company developing the game, the engine its using, and the state of completion. any criticism collapses the waveform to whatever combination makes you look wrong and uninformed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

am I #1 or #61?

this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

"Faygo" sounds like it should be an offensive term for "homosexual." But then, I'm British and we'll happily eat a meal of faggots followed by spotted dick, so I probably shouldn't mock.

Not to forget Toad in the Hole....