Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Battle Mad Ronin posted:

Isn't that how the GIs used superglue in the Vietnam War?

It is basically the reason superglue exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Urban legend. Superglue was an accidental discovery while trying to create cheap plastic gunsights during WW2.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

TTerrible posted:

Urban legend. Superglue was an accidental discovery while trying to create cheap plastic gunsights during WW2.

I need to look that up now.

Edit - oh OK, so it was used in Vietnam as a spray but indeed discovered while reseasrching ww2 gunsights but ditched. Later rediscovered in 1951 and commercial potential was realised. So I learned a thing.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 7, 2018

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Imagine how disappointed they were. Good god this poo poo sticks to everything. Oh no, my fingers. In the bin with it.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

A sensible response imo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://twitter.com/ObeseChess/status/950458051521265665

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

.... Did he lose a bet?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:human being: But how does it taste?

Chicken Leg
Jan 9, 2018

I regret
Some lazy conversions found while browsing ebay today...

Toy Tank Conversion

Scratch Built Ork Fighta Bomba

"Well Painted" Penal Legion

...and a bonus from a local group on Facebook, a home-made Servo Skull (that can interface with early 2000s Sony Ericsson phones)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

CRISPY GEAR?!?!

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

From the same seller.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

This is amazing. I want to read how this guy pissed off Nurgle.

Chicken Leg
Jan 9, 2018

I regret
There are probably 3 Dan Abnett novels about him.

I just love how his pose is like "Grr, I'll get you next time humans, see if I don't!"

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

I now know what the kids mean when they say they "can't even".

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

someone please help me budget my family is dying

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Stop buying juice for your kid, that poo poo's expensive.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How many thousands is that?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Well, there are 34 (I think?) knights of various types...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

please tell me this is a C/P photoshop

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

How do you buy a sportscar's worth of resin without realizing that titan legion livery is totally different than knight livery?

Knight houses aren't titan legions, you dummy.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rough estimate about £10k or so based on:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legio-Titanicus-Titan-Maniple

and

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mechanicum-Knight-Battleline

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Nah, those look to be about 30 plastic Imperial Knight kits with various conversions plus maybe 4 FW knights and some of the Leviathan third-party models. I don't see any FW titans. Probably £3000, maybe £3500 tops (I say that as if it's not a stupid amount of money for a load of toys)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How tall is that one in the back?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

mental_illness.jpg

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From the chairs, maybe 3.5ft?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I have a huge urge to just kick and stomp all that poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
never set up your models on the floor like youre some kind of budget peter cushing. we have tables you know

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Though I am revealing my lack of Warhams knowledge here (proud or ashamed, don't know which) I have to know: is that poo poo fieldable? Like are there stats for that monster back there? Sorry if this is something I should know; I'm a heathen that plays Warmahordes instead because I like the mechanics better.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

Though I am revealing my lack of Warhams knowledge here (proud or ashamed, don't know which) I have to know: is that poo poo fieldable? Like are there stats for that monster back there? Sorry if this is something I should know; I'm a heathen that plays Warmahordes instead because I like the mechanics better.

Rules might have been published at some point - the largest model FW sells, which is a 'Warlord Battle Titan', stand 2 foot or so tall, costs over £2k, and is probably only half the size of that scratch-build. It does have rules and is a large army in itself.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I played in an Apocalypse game with someone who had fourteen loving Knights. At least he had the excuse of 'wanting one of every possible variant'.

Protip: Don't march 14 knights in tight formation because each one that dies will catch 8 other knights in the explosion radius.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thanqol posted:

I played in an Apocalypse game with someone who had fourteen loving Knights. At least he had the excuse of 'wanting one of every possible variant'.

Protip: Don't march 14 knights in tight formation because each one that dies will catch 8 other knights in the explosion radius.

I like how you're pretending you can put those 28mm scale things in anything but a tight formation on a 6 or 8 or 12 by 4 foot table. The gaming gods invented the one true scale of 6mm for a reason.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Epic 40k, best 40k.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Real 40k fans play Epic with 28mm scale models on an actual field. :smuggo:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Groetgaffel posted:

Real 40k fans play Epic with 28mm scale models on an actual field. :smuggo:

..with 2nd ED 40k Dark Millennium rules and 1st ED Necromunda rules for pinning and reviving.

A titanic struggle that lasts weeks.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

True devotees do it with Inquisitor models.

Interpret that sentence as you see fit.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Two Beans posted:

..with 2nd ED 40k Dark Millennium rules and 1st ED Necromunda rules for pinning and reviving.

A titanic struggle that lasts weeks.

This feels like "Campaign for North Africa".

They did an Apocalypse game at my FLGS today. 9 hours, 3 turns.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did someone win?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

goatface posted:

Did someone win?

The people who stayed home.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I thought those were just terminators or some poo poo in that pic until i zoomed in

Holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I showed my partner that pic and the first thing they asked was "how many points is that worth"

The only answer I could muster was "all of them"