Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, I mean, FOOTBALL!

I’m assuming you’re also early 30s, since your list of banned things lines up pretty perfectly with mine. Jelly bracelets were also banned in my middle school/jr high, because out-of-touch admins thought that whole ‘if a guy snaps off a specific color jelly bracelet from a girl’s wrist, they’re obligated to [sexual act based on color]’ was real. Nah son, we just liked sparkly glow in the dark poo poo.

At this point I think everybody still posting on this forum is at least late 20s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Fun Tamagotchi story: A while after they came out my school banned them, so kids had to leave them at home. They would then convince their moms to feed it during the day, since they thought that if they didn't and it died the thing would be bricked. Then my mom told them that they could just hit the reset button on the back.

Lots of angry moms that day.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Meme Emulator posted:

My school banned Magic cards because they were gambling. Same with pogs.
Magic cards, the original loot boxes

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Boyfriend is into wearing gloves during sex & I’m not sure how I feel about it (self.sex)

quote:

submitted 5 hours ago by nonarees

So my boyfriend of 2years introduced me to his glove fetish a little while ago, very casually & I wore a pair of red leather gloves while we had sex. At the time I didn’t really think anything of it, though I wasn’t super into it.

This morning he tells me again (kinda officially like this is my kink because he hadn’t remembered the casual glove wearing from awhile ago) that he likes it when I wear gloves during sex.

He went to get some, but came back with the red leather gloves & his own enormous like sub zero ski gloves as well. I laughed because I thought he was joking about the big ones. He immediately seemed a little self conscious & asked if that was weird.

He is such a lovely person, and i love him so much. We have a beautiful 10month old daughter together & he’s just wonderful. So I immediately replied it wasn’t weird at all, just I wasn’t sure how comfortable I’d be wearing those during sex.

I wore the red gloves even though it made me a bit uncomfortable. I took them off during because it was physically uncomfortable & it also just made me feel a bit weird.

During sex he reached over & put his own massive gloves on & I just found it so distracting & a total turn off.

I’m trying to understand it but it just seems so strange to me - the thought of me wearing the slim red leather gloves I wasn’t really into but ok, but the huge ski gloves? I just don’t know.

It made me uncomfortable, like he had to play or pretend to get off- like it’s not sexy if we’re just us. I don’t know. I realise kinks like this are so normal, and I don’t want to hurt his feelings or make him feel like a weirdo because he’s not.

I just don’t know how comfortable I am with it. Playing along makes me feel like I’m not being myself & I’m just acting. Totally turns me off.

Suppose I’m just looking for some advice. How to deal with it, how to talk to him about it. It makes me uncomfortable but I don’t want to make him uncomfortable by telling him how it makes me feel.

TL; DR my boyfriend is into wearing proper winter gloves during sex and i really don’t know how to feel about it

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

CheesyDog posted:

Boyfriend is into wearing gloves during sex & I’m not sure how I feel about it (self.sex)
I mean it could be worse he could be into sleep-sex.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

In a two year relationship she found out her boyfriend likes gloves while loving after she decided to have a child with him and raise it for almost a year.

Lady, you need love gloves

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Have a child with someone: 5 months
Introduce the mother of your child to your glove fetish: 2 years

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I can only get off if i'm in a full wetsuit complete with flippers, a respirator, and an oxygen tank.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I can only get off if i'm in a full wetsuit complete with flippers, a respirator, and an oxygen tank.

Self
Contained
Underwater
Boning
Apparatus

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If the glove ain't affixed, the dick must a-quit!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

thekeeshman posted:

Fun Tamagotchi story: A while after they came out my school banned them, so kids had to leave them at home. They would then convince their moms to feed it during the day, since they thought that if they didn't and it died the thing would be bricked. Then my mom told them that they could just hit the reset button on the back.

Lots of angry moms that day.

lmao, keeping those little guys alive was hard as poo poo, if I recall.

My older cousin gave me her spare tamagotchi over christmas break (I think her divorced parents each got her one?) and I treasured it.

When I took it to school, some little redneck kid called me fag for liking girly stuff so I took it back home, Ol' Yeller'd it with a paper clip, and cried inconsolably for like an hour.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

CheesyDog posted:

on the one hand I can totally see why you wouldn't like that but on the other hand, if your boyfriend starts with "hey I've got this secret fetish that I'm ashamed of but can we please try it once?" then "wear these gloves" has gotta be one of the best possible outcomes

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Can't stop thinking that he has specific sex gloves

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Found a solid comment

quote:

The bulkier the better, you just don't get glove fetish but that's ok. I use Ringside Apex Predator Sparring gloves personally, they are fully tapered 11 inch extra wide hook and strap.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Riatsala posted:

lmao, keeping those little guys alive was hard as poo poo, if I recall.

My older cousin gave me her spare tamagotchi over christmas break (I think her divorced parents each got her one?) and I treasured it.

When I took it to school, some little redneck kid called me fag for liking girly stuff so I took it back home, Ol' Yeller'd it with a paper clip, and cried inconsolably for like an hour.

i remember there was some game you guessed which way it'd face (l/r)

but if it poo poo on one side it'd always face the other. take that you japanese egg!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LadyPictureShow posted:

That’s a pretty interesting read. I think a big problem with how schizophrenia is handled (at least in the US) seems to be ‘throw them a feedbag of pills, and if they stop taking the meds, gently caress it; let them fall through the cracks’. Sometimes the meds aren’t at the right dosage and make the patient feel zoned out or like a zombie; sometimes they’ll feel better on the meds for a few months and decide ‘hey, I don’t need these pills anymore; I’m feeling fantastic!’

yeah there's two factors to it

first is that in the west we really value rationality, productivity and just being a functional all around human being. this is also why we spit on the chronically homeless and substance addicts. the idea of a mental illness which decouples you from reality and fucks with your ability to work and make money in a formal way terrifies us

also there's this thing called medical anthropology, which is how different cultures interact with illness and the treatment of such. a classic example is, french people are generally more concerned with diseases of the heart, germans are generally more concerned with diseases of the bowels. americans greatly prefer medical treatments that involve surgical or chemical intervention, we don't feel like we're being doctored unless something is getting sliced or powerful medications are applied (take note we are one of the few nations in which drug companies are allowed to advertise directly to consumers) and so obviously the best way to deal with mental illness is just a rainbow of pills until we fix the unfixable, or sedate the patient into submission

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm calling the loving SEA PATROL on you sex weirds.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ArbitraryC posted:

Found a solid comment

humanity is broken

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

maskenfreiheit posted:

My(26M) GF(28F) had same sex encounter with Brothers GF(32F) (Infront of me in our home)

If only this young man could imagine the possibilities that lay ahead. A wacky and wild sexual adventure.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

boner confessor posted:

yeah there's two factors to it

first is that in the west we really value rationality, productivity and just being a functional all around human being. this is also why we spit on the chronically homeless and substance addicts. the idea of a mental illness which decouples you from reality and fucks with your ability to work and make money in a formal way terrifies us

also there's this thing called medical anthropology, which is how different cultures interact with illness and the treatment of such. a classic example is, french people are generally more concerned with diseases of the heart, germans are generally more concerned with diseases of the bowels. americans greatly prefer medical treatments that involve surgical or chemical intervention, we don't feel like we're being doctored unless something is getting sliced or powerful medications are applied (take note we are one of the few nations in which drug companies are allowed to advertise directly to consumers) and so obviously the best way to deal with mental illness is just a rainbow of pills until we fix the unfixable, or sedate the patient into submission

I’m curious if you know of any articles or could recommend a book discussing medical anthropology, because that’s honestly pretty interesting. I’ve been on antidepressants/mood stabilizers on and off since my teens (regularly for the past seven or so years, but with a lot of switching/titrating etc) and a lot of the time it felt like my doctors didn’t actually give a poo poo about figuring out the root problem and focused on ‘well, if you don’t feel the meds are working, let’s just increase the dose/add a supplemental secondary med’, sometimes with disastrous results.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

maskenfreiheit posted:

i remember there was some game you guessed which way it'd face (l/r)

but if it poo poo on one side it'd always face the other. take that you japanese egg!

Blowin' my mind, here.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I am a red-blooded American and I love pills and working. Get with the program or :getout: (of this country.)

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I were glove wife I'd have to make him try to take off my bra wearing those huge ski gloves

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

If I were glove wife I'd have to make him try to take off my bra wearing those huge ski gloves

Why would he? Bras are just breast gloves

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

boner confessor posted:

germans are generally more concerned with diseases of the bowels.

that explains german toilets

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [29f] husband [30m] gets upset/frustrated when I shave my pubic hair without telling him

TL/DR My husband gets upset when I shave my pubic hair without telling him, and I don't think I should have to tell him. I want to know where his mind is at though.

I'm looking for an inciteful or psychological analysis on my husband's behavior, or some advice on how to deal with this situation.

I shave/trim my pubic hair once a month, sometimes less depending on life happenings. The fact that I have hair there doesn't really bother him. Sometimes I shave it for hygiene, sometimes I'm just shaving my legs and decide to finish the job, and sometimes I do it for myself or as a gesture for my husband.

When I shave my pubic hair without outright saying "hey honey, I just shaved my pubes," he gets frustrated with me. In the 4-5 years that we have been together, this has only become a major issue in the last 2 years. I haven't been able to get a solid or clear answer as to why it upsets him so much, but here are some of the reasons he has presented:

"You hardly ever shave, so it makes me feel weird that you just randomly do it"

"It's a coincidence that you happened to do [social activity] after shaving"

"I just want you to tell me because I asked you to and you won't" or "why can't you just do it because I'm asking you to"

My first perspective is that he is having issues with insecurity and trust. He won't ever say it, but it sounds like he dances around the idea that I may be cheating on him. I have told him that I believe this is an unfair assessment. I have never cheated on him.

The more difficult perspective is that I think he may have some control/manipulation issues. Every article I read on controlling and manipulative behaviors seems very broad. Not all people act in the same ways, but I don't want to pass judgement on him without carefully evaluating his specific behaviors.

I absoloutely refuse to meet his demands on this subject. It's difficult for me to rationalize why he would need me to disclose this information to him immediately after the act is done. My only two reasonable explanations are that; he either thinks I'm cheating, or he is trying to enforce a controlling habit. I don't do anything to purposefully hide it from him or avoid him seeing it. This last time this was an issue, I had even shown him my crotch the evening after I shaved and said "you should help me straighten out the landscaping, I apparently can't shave in a straight line" as a small form of compromise. He seems to not remember that though.

Small other details:

He seems to most frequently be upset by this just after waking up. This may just be that it has been lingering in his mind and morning is when the mind is most vulnerable?

He never brings it up immediately. Sometimes we will have sex at least once before he notices or brings it up. Maybe it takes him that long to notice, even though I try putting it in his line of sight to avoid issue?

I feel like I can't get a straight answer as to why it bothers him, and when I do address the individual issues he says "it's not even that, it's [other issue]" and bring it back to another point. Recently when I asked why it truly bothers him, he said he has told me why. I remain confused.

In my opinion, he needs to trust me. Making me tell him when I shave makes me feel like he no longer trusts me, and I don't want to be in a long-term commitment where my partner can't trust me.

genitals shaved, so what

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hes just worried its cold, get it a little snatch sweater

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [29f] husband [30m] gets upset/frustrated when I shave my pubic hair without telling him

maybe he wants to shave her or watch it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [30f] sister [17f] is pregnant by our step brother [16m], and she’s asking me for help.

I’ve been browsing reddit for a few years but rarely post but I thought maybe you guys could help. And this is going to be a long one. My father [50’sM] had my sister and I in his first marriage, and my sister and I are 13 years apart. My mother died when I was 19 and my sister was much younger around 5 or 6. Four years after my mother passed away my father met someone and a year after they met he remarried. The woman my father remarried had a son who obviously became my sister and I’s step brother. When they first moved in with my father and sister, she didn’t take it well and was acting out a bit, I was already out of the house so I didn’t mind much. The woman my father remarried seemed nice enough and so did her son, and my father was happy so I was happy. My sister eventually got used to the new living arrangements and actually became really close to our step brother. And there lays the problem.

I’ve always been more like a mother figure to my sister since I’m so much older and we lost our mom when my sister was so young. I told her about the birds and the bees, periods, etc. So like over a year ago she was spending the night at my place and she let me use her new phone and I was doing whatever on it, and got a text from our step brother and it said something very sexual and dirty. I was shocked and disgusted and asked my sister why [step brother’s name] was texting her this? She lied and said he had a sick sense of humor and that’s just the way they joke with each other, it was an “inside joke” she said. I didn’t believe her because she started acting differently and wouldn’t let me see her phone anymore so I dropped it but was still concerned.

Then whenever I was at my father’s place I would watch them and started to notice red flags. Very touchy feely, tickling, whispering, and other stuff that made me uncomfortable, my sister noticed that I was on to them so she would stop all that behavior whenever I was around. Then we all went to the movies (my father and step mother included) and my step brother, sister and I all sat on the very last row but they were more off in the corner. During the movie I glance over and very clearly see my sister’s hand in my step brothers pants. When we got home and I was alone with my sister, I confronted her and told her I saw everything. She admitted to it and said they weren’t related by blood so it doesn’t matter and that it was none of my business and if I told my father I would be dead to her. I tried to plead with her to stop what she was doing and that no good could come from it but she wasn’t having it so that was that.

It put a rift between us and we stopped speaking for a while. Then right before Thanksgiving she started talking to me again and then eventually late December she confessed to me that they weren’t using protection and she had been late and started “feeling funny” so she took several pregnancy tests and apparently she is. I said she needs to go to the doctor and confirm it and I would go with her. I also asked her what she’s going to do if she really is and she doesn’t know. She’s panicky but she isn’t really open to abortion. She had a ridiculous idea to move in with me avoid my father and step mother until she has the baby then give it away for adoption. I told her that was ridiculous and would never work besides I’m not going to get sucked into this giant mess that she and my step brother created. She said she absolutely doesn’t want our father or step mother to find out, but I explained if she keeps the baby they would find out sooner or later. I love her and want to help her, but at the same time I begged her not to do this and now I don’t feel that bad for her if I’m being completely honest. What should I do reddit?

TL;DR found out my sister has been messing around with step brother and now she says she’s pregnant and isn’t really open to abortion and doesn’t want our parents to find out, but is begging me to help her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I recommend aggressively pursuing abortion before that little turd grows up and gets made crown prince

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'd like to call forth forum's poster Snatch Duster as an expert witness, if it please the court.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Found out (29m) that partner of 5 years (25f) slept with someone else after our first date and having trouble dealing with it

quote:

So I found out yesterday during what had started as a really nice night out that my gf of 5 years had slept with someone else after our first date. Now rationally I get it, we hadn't hit a point of knowing for sure there was something there yet, hell I think I even did the same thing I just can't remember anymore if it was right before or right after. But emotionally I'm having a hell of a time dealing with this.

To add some context we had been talking for months on an almost daily basis before meeting up for the first time, slept together on that first date, continued to talk on an almost daily basis until going out for a second time.

It came up while talking about some stupid story I had read on reddit and part of me feels disrespected by the fact that she didn't know better than to keep her mouth shut about that encounter. Realistically though the fact that she even said anything about it reinforces how secure she is in our actual relationship. If she was worried about us not being so stable or secure she'd have never said anything. But regardless of whether I can rationalize it logically I'm still having a really hard time dealing with this. I mean I understand that we still weren't serious, she was living in another city (not that far, more like a suburb, but still) but she said that she felt bad about it afterwards and that almost makes it worse while simultaneously making it better? Like if she felt bad about it then she knows she shouldn't have done it but at the same time it is likely that interaction that made her realize she wanted to take us seriously? In a sense banging another dude is likely what solidified our relationship...

The worst part of it for me at this point is that we've used our first date as our anniversary this entire time but that just seems like a lie now? How can your anniversary fall on a date prior to you having slept with someone else? I just wish she never mentioned it. Talking about specifics of your prior sex life rarely leads to anything good unless there's an actual reason for you to be talking about it. It seems weird to me now to be quantifying our relationship as being x amount of time when after that start date there were still other people involved. I get that conceptually it's not cheating because we had not at that point in time had that conversation but emotionally I'm having a hard time not thinking of it as cheating. I think that what bothers me the most about it is that when we had the conversation about what day to use as our anniversary she could have swayed it towards our 2nd or 3rd dates and used the excuse of us being more serious by that point. But instead even knowing that she had slept with someone after our first date she still brought that date up for use as our anniversary, granted she may have purposefully blocked out that interaction as having happened afterwards but still. I know the smart thing to do is just ignore it and pretend that conversation never happened but I don't think I can. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How did you move past it?

TL:DR - Partner of 5 years slept with someone else between our first and second dates and I'm having a hard time dealing with it even though conceptually she really didn't do anything wrong.
Jesus Christ dude, just JFC get over yourself you whiny insecure piece of poo poo. Just reading this made my phantom vagina turn into a dehumidifier.

Edit: oh my god

Me [32/M]with my [36/F] 8 years together total, 2 years married. Is this normal? Is it time for divorce?

quote:

Next week will be the two year anniversary of my marriage. I dated my wife for five years before I married her, and, as hard as it was, I respected her wishes to not have sex until we were married. After marriage; however, things have not changed. We still have not had sex and we are going on two years. To make matters worse, she is not living at home with me currently; she is staying at her mom’s house. In the beginning of our marriage, she said that since I didn’t have a budget, it was stressing her out all the time, thus, she never wanted to have sex. After a few more months going into a year, she said that we didn’t go out on enough dates. I told her that it’s a bit of a strain for me because I’m paying all the bills and the rent. Going into two years her reasoning was that I’m not listening to her or asking her open ended questions about her day, even though I listen when she is talking to me about her day, she says I’m not bringing it up, which took me by surprise because more often times than not, I do. She has been living with her mother.A few months in, I asked her to move back in, but she said she’s not because I don’t validate her feelings. I stuck it out and told her that we need to go to marriage counseling. Well, needless to say, that’s really not working; it seems like it’s actually giving her more excuses. At this point I’ve been in a sexless marriage for two years and I’m essentially living alone. Does my wife love me or want to be with me?

tl;dr: Is it time for a divorce?
Imagine being in a relationship with someone for 8 goddamn years and not having sex once.

Anony Mouse fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 12, 2018

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

said they weren’t related by blood so it doesn’t matter
she should tell her sister to move to japan where anime law says this is fine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know normally, when somebody asks “does a woman Ive never had sex with who doesnt live in my house and denigrates me constantly like me?” they arent married to that person.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't understand why people who don't like each other continue to get married.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey reddit, I can hear its terrifying and defeaning roar as it approches, leaving crumbling city blocks behind it and for the past hour all its done is kill every human it comes across while destroying our entire self defense force so im starting to wonder if maybe Godzilla isnt the monster who is the friend to all children and I just want to make sure Im not acting crazy and leave for no good reason?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Magic cards, the original loot boxes

Its a really lovely system

altho nobodys buying booster packs in school and the idea that just playing magic is gambling is total BS they just wanted to sound like they had a reason to keep people from playing it at lunch and getting into fights over it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Barudak posted:

Have a child with someone: 5 months
Introduce the mother of your child to your glove fetish: 2 years

Well it appears the guy was right to be apprehensive about telling her since it wierded her out

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Buried ledes: alcoholism (potential), physical abuse

My wife (25f) won't let me (26m) play video games with a headset on.

Definitely expected this to be about him being a loud alcoholic rear end in a top hat when gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CheesyDog posted:

Monkeys paw activates: You just made him 100 times randier