Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lobok posted:

I find it hard to believe a male comic book nerd has never seen The Devil Wears Prada.

I unironically enjoy The Devil Wears Prada... and Mean Girls. Roman Holiday is my favorite movie.

[edit] As an aside, on my twitter feed, I saw someone post set photos from Infinity War Avengers 4 that showed what clearly looked like a set for The Battle of NY, complete with Evans in his Avengers 1 Cap costume. Think Ruffalo had his back to the camera, but Paul Rudd was also there in his Ant-Man get up. So, time travel, yes?

teagone fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone mentioned something in another thread in CineD that I thought was interesting: what if Fox is moving Deadpool 2 up because they're confident that Avengers will have Last Jedi legs and everyone will have lost interest after a fortnight?

I mean, they can't be worried that releasing a week after the Han Solo movie (lol) will cause them any damage. :v:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Surely this Han Solo movie is not actually coming out until Christmas? I can't believe its coming in 4 months.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Black Widow movie is like 6 years too late but it’s cool that it’s happening

Maybe we’ll finally find out what happens in Budapest

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

I unironically enjoy The Devil Wears Prada... and Mean Girls.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Man if there is time travel, Mordo is going to be pissed. Maybe he'll be back on team good guy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Carlosologist posted:

The Black Widow movie is like 6 years too late but it’s cool that it’s happening

Maybe we’ll finally find out what happens in Budapest

I agree

Electromax
May 6, 2007

teagone posted:

I unironically enjoy The Devil Wears Prada... and Mean Girls. Roman Holiday is my favorite movie.

[edit] As an aside, on my twitter feed, I saw someone post set photos from Infinity War Avengers 4 that showed what clearly looked like a set for The Battle of NY, complete with Evans in his Avengers 1 Cap costume. Think Ruffalo had his back to the camera, but Paul Rudd was also there in his Ant-Man get up. So, time travel, yes?

I saw those pics and it was weird seeing Rudd amongst pics that looked like pics from the Avengers 1 set in 2011. In the comments people said that the characters have weird wristbands or something on, some think it will be a VR simulation thing like Iron Man used in Civil War re: his parents dying or whatever

I also noticed that Evans ditched the cowl piece for the A1 Cap costume, thank god.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crossposting all way from Negrotown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnnRyhuX_jM

"WAKANDA FOREVER!"

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 12, 2018

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Someone mentioned something in another thread in CineD that I thought was interesting: what if Fox is moving Deadpool 2 up because they're confident that Avengers will have Last Jedi legs and everyone will have lost interest after a fortnight?

Uh...TLJ had extremely good legs? It ran basically unchallenged for a month, dude.

It dropped a ton but that's because it made basically all the money in its first two weeks, it was and still is a box office threat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/natasharomanoff/status/951486144881090561

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Taika is an international treasure. :3:

Also crossposting again because I think y'all might get a kick out of this:

Koalas March posted:

Oh this reminds me, I've been spending a lot of time lately checking out various Nollywood productions.

If y'all aren't familiar with Nigerian cinema and knock offs, you need to be.

Some is great, because it's great considering the no budgets and being shot on a cellphone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eZXNdXSiGA

Some is great because it's... this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZdRzzMAB8

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Koalas March posted:

Crossposting all way from Negrotown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnnRyhuX_jM

"WAKANDA FOREVER!"

I hope we get at least name drops for aneka and ayo i would like that very much

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're doing "Wait til you see Hulk" you can't use him in the preview image, come on man that's Youtube 101.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The flash vid is very good for being no budget fx and that avengers vid is lmao ty km

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Uh...TLJ had extremely good legs? It ran basically unchallenged for a month, dude.

It dropped a ton but that's because it made basically all the money in its first two weeks, it was and still is a box office threat.

Lately, I have come to the painful realisation that I am not the Stable GeniusTM I hoped I was about the numbers for this particular movie.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Best version of this, still would prefer the short and sweet old logo instead of this 30 second CGI mess. 😒

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

$10 says Trump mentions Wakanda in a serious context this year.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If a reporter asked Trump about diplomatic relations with the African nation of Wakanda, and actually gets a bullshit response, I'd die.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheManWithNoName posted:

$10 says Trump mentions Wakanda in a serious context this year.

That's where he sold the F52s.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night posted:

If a reporter asked Trump about diplomatic relations with the African nation of Wakanda, and actually gets a bullshit response, I'd die.

I 100% believe he would bullshit it cuz beyond his pathological need to lie about even stuff he does actually know theres no way he could name a single country on the continent

Someone tweet at April Ryan, she gives no fucks so she'd be willing to ask

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Since people have decided It's Bad, then their conclusion is that It's Failing, neither of which are actual reality.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wakanda's a poo poo hole. We need more people from places like Latveria. That Doctor Doom, y'know, he's very good people.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Trump Rescinds Obama-Era "Sovokia Accords" Restrictions

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Since people have decided It's Bad, then their conclusion is that It's Failing, neither of which are actual reality.

I like TLJ a lot - it's not perfect by any means but I had a good time both times I went to see it - but I acknowledge that I probably got carried away with the narrative that it was unsuccessful, even though I rationally know that it did very well by any metric except (and this is probably important) by comparison to TFA, which was never realistically on the cards.

On top of that, I mentioned in a CineD thread that I'll often look at "$1.2 billion" and zero in on the "1.2" and then I see "TLJ will be the top movie of 2017 if it makes another $30 million" and I focus on the "30", which is a fraction of a fraction of what it's got so far, but makes me think, "Can there be that much left out there for it to make?" That's more than a lot of movies get in their entire lifetime; the size of the numbers throws me off.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I like TLJ a lot - it's not perfect by any means but I had a good time both times I went to see it - but I acknowledge that I probably got carried away with the narrative that it was unsuccessful, even though I rationally know that it did very well by any metric except (and this is probably important) by comparison to TFA, which was never realistically on the cards.

On top of that, I mentioned in a CineD thread that I'll often look at "$1.2 billion" and zero in on the "1.2" and then I see "TLJ will be the top movie of 2017 if it makes another $30 million" and I focus on the "30", which is a fraction of a fraction of what it's got so far, but makes me think, "Can there be that much left out there for it to make?" That's more than a lot of movies get in their entire lifetime; the size of the numbers throws me off.

If a movie only makes $30m and isn't a pretty small budget production, it's a major flop. I honestly think you're just not understanding box office numbers very well.

Lager fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 12, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I have trouble with any numbers really.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm still pretty bad with the multiplication table of the 7 and the 8

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lager posted:

If a movie only makes $30m and isn't a pretty small budget production, it's a major flop. I honestly think you're just not understanding box office numbers very well.

I know that big = good and small = bad but I obviously haven't got a great sense of scale for them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If one says billion and one says million the billion is bigger hth

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Some houses cost 20,000 and some cost 600,000 but everything over 5,000 is in that range of unobtainable for me that I have no frame of reference.
People are always coming at me with "They want X dollars for X square feet, can you believe that?" and I'm like "I live in the grease trap behind White Castle"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has to sell about 2.5 million tickets in about 13 weeks.

Pretty easily done.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Trump, how is your relationship with the ruler of Latveria?

What do you think of the King of Wakanda's response to your shithole comments?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

Mr. Trump, how is your relationship with the ruler of Latveria?

:smugdon: "He's beautiful, just beautiful. He's a very beautiful person, believe me, a stable genius like me, we've got a lot in common, we've got so much. He's read loads of books - loads, he reads books like nobody's business - just like I have. I agree with him, eggheads like Lyin' Crooked Richards, they just hate America, all of them, they want to bring in some bad hombres from the Negative Zone, and they'll take American supervillain jobs. Trust me, they're bad for America - just awful - bigly."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
From CD

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

By the way, here's the first official look at Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock

And here's the entire panel at Brazil Comic Con that had Venom's director as participant.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/11/venom-first-look-at-tom-hardy-as-eddie-brock-and-full-brazil-comic-con-panel-video-ign-first
Hardy looking more like Nathan Drake than Eddie Brock

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow it's a completely nondescript picture of Tom Hardy great

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some of the text in the journal is about the Life Foundation and stuff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

Wow it's a completely nondescript picture of Tom Hardy great

Agreed :allears:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lobok posted:

Wakanda's a poo poo hole. We need more people from places like Latveria. That Doctor Doom, y'know, he's very good people.

X-Men vs Brotherhood. One team literally has Evil in their name. "There were good Mutants on both sides. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

achillesforever6 posted:

From CD

Hardy looking more like Nathan Drake than Eddie Brock

Looks like he hasn't been eating enough Skittles to bulk up properly for the role.

• Locked thread