Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

Bloodynine is good, he does not talk most of time which is the ideal dota experience

yeah but then you see his serial killer wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

e: double post

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
It got painted, he has the facade of The Sane Gamer now

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Zane!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

They're working on a Roman-themed hero right now so maybe it won't be another full year before we get another one
Vespasius the Fundator ftw

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

There's pretty much 0 penalty for dying in the first 10 minutes and nowadays mid is a 2v2. Offlane has been a 1v1 now in high brackets.

Note: Don't try this if they have a clockwerk or the like.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Good Video Game
https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedTriumphantBarracudaSMOrc
(He couldn't use any skills or items, and the CM kept force staffing him until he literally clipped into the ground and couldn't be found by the enemy team, since killing him might have fixed the problem.)

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

How you know you had a good support game: Enemy mid sells his shadowblade after running into your sentries and getting blown up 3 times in a row

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
did lots of goons quit dota? theres barely anyone in lljk anymore :<

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I did but I just came back and im bad but ill play

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Dota 2 died after Dark Souls made everyone fall in love with hard games.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The game isn't good

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
My life improved after quitting DOTA 4 years ago. No more stress, no more anger.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I've managed to find some kind of weird zen state in DOTA. I've come to accept that i'm a 2400s scrub, and the game makes me rage far less than any FPS (or at least TF2, Overwatch, or R6 Seige) does. I just sit back, enjoy the game, occasionally be sad that angry people can't find fun in their pastime.

I don't know where it came from, but it's really nice.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just dont get mad at videogames

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
u wanna know whats really hosed up? i quit dota and now i play hearthstone

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

idk if quitting meth to start huffing gas is much of an improvement.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I tried playing Hearthstone once. I was having a great time until I tried playing against a real person and they whipped out some crazy gold holographic card that I had never seen before in the tutorials, which hosed my poo poo up really hard on turn 3 such that I had to spend half of my turn reading the card's long description trying to comprehend what just happened to me and how hosed I was. It was at that very moment that I remembered why I stopped playing Magic: the Gathering and card games in general, so I uninstalled and never looked back.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
And then Artifact was released and we all broke that promise we made to ourselves. For one week.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I tried the elder scrolls ripoff of hearthstone, its neat but also has no content

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

you know people make fun of blizzard for trying to make hearthstone as simple as possible but we actually found the hypothetical person the game is too confusing for, somehow

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Icefrog lost all my respect when he decided to rip off MTG instead of Pox Nora imo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

you know people make fun of blizzard for trying to make hearthstone as simple as possible but we actually found the hypothetical person the game is too confusing for, somehow

it sounds like he got tinkmastered or something? I can't think of anything that can be played on turn 3 that is even impactful like that lol..

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

iirc the golden reward card for helping test their payment processing in beta was a tinkmaster so that would make a lot of sense to find someone that had it in starting ranks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

profesional overwatch

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Looke posted:

profesional overwatch

thank you for your contribution to this comedy website forum

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tip: you can position your squad to intercept incoming aliens by pressing A and left clicking valid terrain. This places them in Overwatch mode, until a new command is given.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

I tried playing Hearthstone once. I was having a great time until I tried playing against a real person and they whipped out some crazy gold holographic card that I had never seen before in the tutorials, which hosed my poo poo up really hard on turn 3 such that I had to spend half of my turn reading the card's long description trying to comprehend what just happened to me and how hosed I was. It was at that very moment that I remembered why I stopped playing Magic: the Gathering and card games in general, so I uninstalled and never looked back.

You're possibly retarded if it takes you that long to understand a hearthstone card.

Radical posted:

iirc the golden reward card for helping test their payment processing in beta was a tinkmaster so that would make a lot of sense to find someone that had it in starting ranks

Even that is just "Battlecry: (hovering over the card explains a battlecry is an effect that happens when a card is played) summon an invention." It doesn't explain what that is, but it's fairly safe to assume it is the new creature that pops up right beside him.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How long does it take for a newb to realize the enemy is using a deck based around discarding your deck until you get some super overgod, i think I saw that in a utub

I think it was a fake lovecraft god

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

as soon as S2 makes HoN 2, dota 2 is toast

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Minorkos posted:

yea but not before they make savage 3, mother Fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mali mali mali mali maliken rules, maliken rules!!!!!!!!!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smythe posted:

yea but not before they make savage 3, mother Fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They already made Savage 3.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/366440/Savage_Resurrection/

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

mali mali mali mali maliken rules, maliken rules!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That game sucked and doesn't count imo. Was fun spamming mines tho for ez leaderboard domination

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Minorkos posted:

Dont you mean the first second gen moba strife

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I liked the titan stages of minimum a lot, but I think that game is ded and messed with airmech for a week or two. I miss SMNC, too.

There was this one tank moba that was in EA that hit a lot of the sticking points for me, especially it's UI, but I can't remember it's name and you can't Google "tank moba" and find anything useful. Atlas reactor is really neat, though it has turns and is tactical like xcom, so isn't really a moba, but its good for my old man brain/fingers.

I refuse to play a mobs if I can't click drag the camera like in dota. Honestly, it's my biggest problem with HotS.

There's a strangely highly rated esports manager game on steam that looks hilarious and I think I'll have to install it for a few yuks.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 13, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If we're talking dead mobas (lika dota 2, the worlds deadest game) then ima say that it was criminal how short a time the english market had Realm of the Titans

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Wheres UTTE been? He at least realized how much better vainglory is compared to dota. Like, storm spirit should be replaced with reza, just give him a cc ability. And how much fun churnwalker would be in dota, just give him warlocks golem and bam, warlock is 10x more fun now. Does anyone else play vg? Its the best moba by far. Its also not dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people just play arena of champions or whatever that chinese vainglory is that has the most players of any moba ever

e. arena of valor