Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
merry christmas from :dice:
our gift to you is a pistol skin... but to get it you need to grind out 200 kills in a pistols only server with a bunch of TDM, 180º no-scope, boom headshot! poopsockers.

have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
anything other than the vehicle skins are so pointless

and to be fair even those are pointless, but at least you can see them

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It’s possible to get 200 pistol kills in regular rear end conquest servers. I’m at about 90 from 1 day of goofing around with mle1903/obrez/colt 45 depending on the map.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Typical :dice: so close but so far. Servers can make you disable everything in your loadout except grenades. For grenades you have to chose smoke or gas. Guess what every pistols only server map is covered in?

Put both your blindfold and gasmask and run at the baddies screaming and shooting!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Guillermus posted:

Put both your blindfold and gasmask and run at your buddies screaming and shooting!

Is more likely

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

lambskin posted:

I use:
70% soldier stick sensitivity
70% soldier zoom sensitivity
0% stick aiming acceleration
13% center dead zone (both sticks)
13% axial dead zone (both sticks)
80% max input threshold (both sticks)
110% on all zoom sensitivity
And I turn off uniform soldier aiming.

I've been meaning to turn up my sensitivity a bit more but that takes :effort:

It takes a while to go from default to this but yes it is a game changer, so thank you.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I recommend everyone go check out the settings, dice really did a good job with spoiling us console players with options. Usually console games just let you set the left and right sticks to a number between 1 and 10 but you can really tweak things to your liking in this game.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I have the Xbox elite controller with the long stick for the right stick and that made a huge difference for me.

I have two paddles on the back that are mapped as left and right on the d-pad as well.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m so glad devs finally let us adjust the dead zone on sticks

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
are there any other console fps games that let you completely remap the control scheme?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Titanfall 2. Doom has a lot of presets but TF2 is highly customizable.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The original Resistance did, iirc

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I've been thinking about getting titanfall 2, are there still full enough servers?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Playerbase is small but you'll find enough people to play with and Frontier Defense is drat fun.

At sale price you must experience the best SP campaign in years and awesome MP.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
As much fun as lance charges are, I'm finding that the lance is pretty drat versatile with its normal attack. There's a fair bit of aim assist that the sword doesn't have.

https://i.imgur.com/OTmPfAn.gifv

Real badasses don't look at explosions... or rocks falling through their bodies...

https://i.imgur.com/C8sTP9V.gifv

gently caress your scope and gently caress your spawncamping sniper rear end!

https://i.imgur.com/Cw7GObh.gifv

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Good battlepack selection this week, lots o skins for dlc guns. earlier I got a common rarity Mosin Nagant skin with bright brown furniture and silver receiver & sights. It honestly looks nicer than most rarer skins

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

gently caress your scope and gently caress your spawncamping sniper rear end!

https://i.imgur.com/Cw7GObh.gifv

loving a lovely camping sniper and tele-bagging them is just priceless :discourse:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This might be the hardest my buddies and I have ever carried a team. We won, but that's 7000 loving points between our squad and everyone else.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Poor 9 and 26 guy. Woof.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Poor 9 and 26 guy. Woof.

0-13 guy on the other team :doh:

I could run around with only a melee weapon and guarantee a better result.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

0-13 guy is level 5. He's probably a nine year old who got the game free with his Xbox for Christmas.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This might be the hardest my buddies and I have ever carried a team. We won, but that's 7000 loving points between our squad and everyone else.

Are you on Xbox? I started playing this again and most the other Xbox goons I played with have moved on to pubg. I’ll send you an add. My gamer tag is fastestgunalive

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

FastestGunAlive posted:

Are you on Xbox? I started playing this again and most the other Xbox goons I played with have moved on to pubg. I’ll send you an add. My gamer tag is fastestgunalive

I still play when I get mad at PUBG

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yeah I'm on Xbox, but my friends and I play pretty late, usually not before 9:30pm PST. I'll send you an add as well.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Some of the people who play this game will never cease to amaze me. Played ops a few weeks ago and had literally half of my attacking team sitting in our spawn sniping.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

sunday at work posted:

Some of the people who play this game will never cease to amaze me. Played ops a few weeks ago and had literally half of my attacking team sitting in our spawn sniping.

You must be new to battlefield friend. You're actually lucky it was only half your team. As an aggressive scout, those assholes really ruin the reputation of the entire class. Scouts are wonderful if used aggressively due to spot flares but morons gotta try for sick nasty 500m headshots. Nevermind that it's easy to farm them because of how bright scope glare and how easy it is to get long range kills with iron sights.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

just hangin' out with my friends on the beach, decided to bury support while he was taking a nap lol! :xd:

(I don't know why my game keeps loving up on the squad screen on Achi Baba specifically :psyduck: )

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The revisions to the WIP Heligoland Bight map sound pretty tasty. DICE are throwing in more boats, a lot more boats, all the fukken boats. It's going to start off with a behemoth dreadnaught PER SIDE, along with two (2) respawning L-class destroyers per side, plus the usual torpedo boats. And if a team loses their dreadnaught and falls way behind in tickets they can still trigger the behemoth reinforcement mechanic and get a second dreadnaught late game.

Bunch of other tweaks for the infantry, an extra flag, more cover, more AA guns, more pillboxes, but the "this is a full-on naval battle" aspect of the map sounds like a fun thing for them to lean into. With that many boats I wouldn't even care about how well balanced it was, it's just going to be an insane amount of explosions at sea and I am *into* that.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I'm still trying to figure out how I got a kill here. I didn't get any roadkill points. :psyduck:

https://i.imgur.com/uXfr441.gifv

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did you drop any mines in the arty truck?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

RCarr posted:

Did you drop any mines in the arty truck?
Nope. This was right at the start of the game and it was the first shot I took.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Weird. Could the guy you injured have killed himself with a rocket or grenade or something? Would that give you credit for a kill?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Guillermus posted:

Playerbase is small but you'll find enough people to play with and Frontier Defense is drat fun.

At sale price you must experience the best SP campaign in years and awesome MP.

Thanks for the advice. Missed this when it launched the week after BF1.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the ‘Tanks for The Memories’ service assignment today and it reset my rank on the stats tab in the main menu and completely bugged theservice assignments screen. :dice:

e: When im changing guns ingame on the spawn screen it says I’ve got 6 or so service stars with most of the dlc guns for some reason when I’ve only just unlocked them. Is any of this stuff happening to you guys

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 13, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Nevermind I can still make progress towards the next vehicle perk so I assume ea/dice’s servers are just temporarily hosed.

But speaking of which the second service assignment for land vehicles is nice: it encourages using the tank variants that drop health packs for teammates, and the anti-air artillary truck

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

The revisions to the WIP Heligoland Bight map sound pretty tasty. DICE are throwing in more boats, a lot more boats, all the fukken boats. It's going to start off with a behemoth dreadnaught PER SIDE, along with two (2) respawning L-class destroyers per side, plus the usual torpedo boats. And if a team loses their dreadnaught and falls way behind in tickets they can still trigger the behemoth reinforcement mechanic and get a second dreadnaught late game.

Bunch of other tweaks for the infantry, an extra flag, more cover, more AA guns, more pillboxes, but the "this is a full-on naval battle" aspect of the map sounds like a fun thing for them to lean into. With that many boats I wouldn't even care about how well balanced it was, it's just going to be an insane amount of explosions at sea and I am *into* that.

played the two new maps on the BF1 CTE for a couple of hours last night and calling in artillery barrages with the destroyer to take out a fully loaded dreadnaught will never not be fun.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any idea when we will see the new maps?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
i think it's supposed to be sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks depending on if you have premium or not

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Every now and again I get really sad that Dog Tag Hunter doesn't show up as a highlight anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Every now and again I get really sad that Dog Tag Hunter doesn't show up as a highlight anymore.

seeing that makes me realize how open the maps are in this game, BF3 had so much cover my #1 weapon was the knife.
that's when I came up with the idea of Tactical Hugs