Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Because throwing a massive hissyfit and silencing and degrading Trump Voters as racist sexists, when many of them (especially moderates sick of Clinton) aren't even that, instead of engaging in civil dialogue, can only be sure to backfire in antifa's face. I accepted the results within 12 hours of the event. And I live in suburban New England silly.

trump voters are racist sexists, where’s the degradation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

like, i know you’re done with homework but claiming that trump voters aren’t worthless bigots is a massive [citation needed]

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Or to quote someone from that thread:

i'd love to live in a place completely ignored by presidential campaigns that poo poo's annoying as gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
interestingly having done a lesson on the electoral college with the students i now think its far less of a stupid idea than i once did

it should still be popular vote tho

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

interestingly having done a lesson on the electoral college with the students i now think its far less of a stupid idea than i once did

it should still be popular vote tho

also: it’s still racist as hell

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

well tbh the main positive take-away i got was that its far easier to do a recount in one or two states than it would be to do a nation wide recount

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
one of the funnier minor ironies from the 2016 election is the hillary cult latching onto that stupid hamilton rap musical, y'know the guy who gave us the electoral college

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The electoral college is there for historical reasons that "make sense" in the realpolitik of the time obviously, but recount is the only actually-good argument for it that I've seen.

Then again in practice that incorrectly gave us Bush over Gore in Florida so maybe there is no argument.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

stone cold posted:

like, i know you’re done with homework but claiming that trump voters aren’t worthless bigots is a massive [citation needed]

Point of clarification: all of us are worthless and many non-Trump voters are still bigots

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If you voted for trump I'll call you a racist homophone to your face

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Also I'll fight you.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I've already got my shirt off and am standing outside in the car park where are you cowards

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

kustomkarkommando posted:

If you voted for trump I'll call you a racist homophone to your face

How can one person be a homophone, though?! :confused: I guess a double entendre name...?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

How can one person be a homophone, though?! :confused:

Sounds like someone wants to fight.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

here's a good podcast i like: https://headgum.com/punch-up-the-jam

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

Point of clarification: all of us are worthless and many non-Trump voters are still bigots

counterpoint: all trump voters are bigots not all bigots are trump voters

also: i mean, garbage has worth. it can be recycled into things like steel. trump voters are utterly devoid of merit, worth less than garbage

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I've already got my shirt off and am standing outside in the car park where are you cowards

hell yes free the nipple

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sounds like someone wants to fight.

Uh... look over there, a unionist! *bolts away*

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

stone cold posted:

counterpoint: all trump voters are bigots not all bigots are trump voters

also: i mean, garbage has worth. it can be recycled into things like steel. trump voters are utterly devoid of merit, worth less than garbage

We are all utterly devoid of merit, stone cold, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t kill nazis

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

demi is good, i'll check it out

i just started listening to this (politics-focused) law one done by funny twitter people: https://soundcloud.com/user-945709719

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4yG1-Kcb8

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

“He said these hate-filled things, and he said them repeatedly,” Durbin said, adding, “I cannot believe that in the history of the White House in that oval office any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard the president speak yesterday.”

Technically that’s probably true, nobody’s used the exact word “shithole” before

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Technically that’s probably true, nobody’s used the exact word “shithole” before

lbj, nixon or dubya had to have

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lbj, nixon or dubya had to have

I was thinking about that and I don’t think Nixon used the word shithole, we know what profanities he did and didn’t use (Nixon also makes the idea of someone being shocked that the President would swear pretty funny), lbj and dubya I’m not sure

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Technically that’s probably true

Nah, virtually all the Presidents said nasty poo poo. For example:

NIXON: You know what's happened [in northern California]?

EHRLICHMAN: San Francisco has just gone clear over.

NIXON: But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time--it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

Decorators. They got to do something. But we don't have to glorify it. You know one of the reasons fashions have made women look so terrible is because the goddamned designers hate women. Designers taking it out on the women. Now they're trying to get some more sexy things coming on again.

EHRLICHMAN: Hot pants.

NIXON: Jesus Christ.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Horseshoe theory posted:

Nah, virtually all the Presidents said nasty poo poo. For example:

NIXON: You know what's happened [in northern California]?

EHRLICHMAN: San Francisco has just gone clear over.

NIXON: But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time--it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

Decorators. They got to do something. But we don't have to glorify it. You know one of the reasons fashions have made women look so terrible is because the goddamned designers hate women. Designers taking it out on the women. Now they're trying to get some more sexy things coming on again.

No I know that, I meant it might be literally true that nobody has said the word shithole in the Oval Office before

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Horseshoe theory posted:

Aren't you the guy that hanged an effigy of Sarah Palin?
That horseshit was eight years ago sir. I was as much a petulant manchild as most teens at that age.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Grouchio posted:

That horseshit was eight years ago sir. I was as much a petulant manchild as most teens at that age.

too bad you dont have a handler for your many crimes these days

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

We are all utterly devoid of merit, stone cold, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t kill nazis

my friend, i believe you are misunderstanding my posts

see for example:

i am calling grouchio a stupid idiot for not recognizing that yes in fact, all trump voters are worthless nazis

also, as long as mia walks this earth, i resent hearing that “all of us are worthless,” or whatever

speak for urself

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

incidentally, grouchio, still waiting on the citation for “not all trump voters are bigots :qq:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

stone cold posted:

incidentally, grouchio, still waiting on the citation for “not all trump voters are bigots :qq:

what about stupid people who voted for him by accident

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also lol at the guy who campaigned as an outsider looking to take the money out of politics and champion the common man will be attending loving davos

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what about stupid people who voted for him by accident

Gas their nursing homes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the american public is so loving stupid. they got conned by a guy who is entirely known for being an incompetent con artist

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
rev. wright was entirely correct, god drat america

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

this is literally my favorite exchange in politics, ever

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can hear in my mind the hiss nixon must have gave as he said jesus christ, and its lovely

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the american public is so loving stupid. they got conned by a guy who is entirely known for being an incompetent con artist

Nah, they didn't get conned. They wanted to protest vote and they got what they asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

Nah, they didn't get conned. They wanted to protest vote and they got what they asked for.

Isnt that the exact same rationale that went into Brexit?

• Locked thread