Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Chivalry was at it's best when black knight servers came into play, I have fond memories of one match where a knight in spawn bashed everyone's kneecaps off and then led a team of armored midgets into battle. That and times where I'd be soldiering on with one arm, one leg and no head trying to get in a last kill or two before I went down. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i preordered v2 but don't seem to have death on the reik, do you have to do something for it?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it's not listed as owned DLC on steam. It should just be available in the game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

I think Chivalry was best in the first few weeks when everyone was bad and nobody did any of this, personally.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So it'll be the gruesome foursome (and that one fucker) back again? No more additional characters? Shame.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bogart posted:

So it'll be the gruesome foursome (and that one fucker) back again? No more additional characters? Shame.

They are effectively 15 different characters now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

voicework and the like counts for a lot. it's a hefty process to add even a single extra character.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also this voice cast already has demonstrably good chemistry.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Yeah like as novel as a new lineup would be, I really like the characters we have and am completely fine with more outta them.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Night10194 posted:

Which is funny, since I would bet money they did all their recording independently.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah like as novel as a new lineup would be, I really like the characters we have and am completely fine with more outta them.

Agreed. Fatshark has commented the degree to which players connected with the characters as one of the things they were really pleased with, and one of the reasons they decided on bring them all back. Another reason sited was that they liked the way the group consisted of misfits that for the most don't like each other much.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I know. Just think a newbie would be good. Someone for the group to yell at for NOT AIMING FOR THE SKULL

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

I dont know posted:

Another reason sited was that they liked the way the group consisted of misfits that for the most don't like each other much.

I also appreciate how the characters are all middle-aged unattractive grumpy people.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Calling Markus Kruber unattractive is very rude.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I do find it very charming how all the character ages range from "uncle" to "grandpa" to "centuries-old nigh-immortal". Kind of a rarity in video games.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Most PCs in the Warhams RPG, which this is an awful lot like, are either 17 year old conscripts in way over their heads or old veterans.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I just started playing this on Xbox. Then after unlocking nightmare I promptly got kicked out of a match for hurling fireballs not realizing that friendly fire existed.

Aside from that, game is pretty fun and I’ve been playing the wizard with a conflagration staff, and the dwarf with a 2hander with improved block.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

A little friendly fire's not too bad, it's pretty plinky damage and mostly annoying for messing up aim, but yeah learning that it exists at all once you hit NM+ is always funny :v:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Also there's never friendly fire on melee attacks, so swing away.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

kerillian is the only person i don't have a good set of weapons for, what should i roll up? only orange im missing is the glaive

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The glaive is real nice, the sword and dagger's also still a good pick, trueflight used to be easily her best ranged but I think it might still be all weird, because at one point they changed it to not go for headshots anymore or something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Aimbots are lame anyway. Are the shortbow/longbow good?

e: also basically all the chat on weapons is about killing blow, does that still apply with the nerf?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 15, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Are the shortbow/longbow good?

Longbow's nice enough, hagbane screws roger up real good, but it's also like the most annoying weapon to get friendly fired by cause of the poison. Perk-wise killing blow is still nice, bloodlust will always be strong too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

One thing I've never been sure of: how do headshots interact with armored enemies? Do they still use the armored damage type plus a multiplier, or is it treated as unarmored?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

man i hate it when someone solo saves a run which collapsed right at the beginning when i had death protection quest

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

One thing I've never been sure of: how do headshots interact with armored enemies? Do they still use the armored damage type plus a multiplier, or is it treated as unarmored?

This is an unsubstantiated gutfelt reckon on my part, but I always kinda figured the "armor piercing" quality on a weapon was what affected this being or not being the case.

My citation is: i have run almost exclusively AP weapons since stormvermin spawns were cranked up to 11 on nightmare, and that's what's felt true emotionally for the last *checks steam page* what do you mean i've played for 250 hours holy poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

This is an unsubstantiated gutfelt reckon on my part, but I always kinda figured the "armor piercing" quality on a weapon was what affected this being or not being the case.

My citation is: i have run almost exclusively AP weapons since stormvermin spawns were cranked up to 11 on nightmare, and that's what's felt true emotionally for the last *checks steam page* what do you mean i've played for 250 hours holy poo poo

I actually checked out a spreadsheet. It looks like the answer is headshotting armored enemies still counts as hitting an armored enemy, but they have a special added damage instead of the usual headshot multiplier

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

kerillian is the only person i don't have a good set of weapons for, what should i roll up? only orange im missing is the glaive

Sword and dagger/hagbane

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Kruber's careers are up. In additional to the knight, he can be...

A mercenary (his versatile class)

A right wing survivalist (woodsman, ranged focused).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Note the halberd. loving finally.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

HALBERD

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, but is he taking a loving phone call?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He is checking to make sure his mustache is still properly waxed.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
His huntsman bio specifically mentions that particular Kruber is now a raging alcoholic. I wonder if that will show up in dialog.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
So do you think it will it be jabs on LMB and slashes on power attacks

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I hope if Bardin goes Ironbreaker halberd Krubs can link up to form a tiny phalanx.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

oh man landsknect and woodsman, this loving owns

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I want very little out of gaming like I want Vermintide 2 to have the same rhythms and pacing as the first game while adding 300% more stuff. Please just let this game be good :ohdear:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

HALBEARD

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

HAIL BEARDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah, but is he taking a loving phone call?

yes

• Locked thread