Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

there's a lot of magical girl stuff outside of the "henshin hero fight" mold, so that's silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Although I've seen a lot of fanart of Devilman...I just can't get into it like the entire series. I'm old now and I just want happier shows and SoL.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Xinder posted:

I'm only watching girls going to Antarctica because a friend pushed it on me and I actually liked the first episode a bunch.

You're welcome bitch

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

I've seen people say that Sakura isn't really a magical girl because she doesn't transform,

Is this really a thing people believe? It sounds like an incredibly dumb thing to get caught up on

Disclaimer: I have seen literally two magical girl shows and know nothing about the genre so if you told me there's some Ashikaga era law still on the books that decrees that all magical girl anime need to have transformations I'd believe you

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a lot of oldschool stuff that isn't even focused on action in the first place

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the new dagashi kashi anime is bad, just like the last one. consistency

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
magical girls

are good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:yeah:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VostokProgram posted:

Is this really a thing people believe? It sounds like an incredibly dumb thing to get caught up on

Disclaimer: I have seen literally two magical girl shows and know nothing about the genre so if you told me there's some Ashikaga era law still on the books that decrees that all magical girl anime need to have transformations I'd believe you

there's some Ashikaga era law still on the books that decrees that all magical girl anime need to have transformations

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i've always called ccs my favorite magical girl anime and never have i heard someone try and tell me it wasn't one

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Strange Quark posted:

there's some Ashikaga era law still on the books that decrees that all magical girl anime need to have transformations

Checks out. I'm not in charge of genres but I think transformation sequences are great, so magical girl shows should have then.

If no one makes a FRANXX thread by tomorrow I will

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Silver2195 posted:

(I've seen people say that Sakura isn't really a magical girl because she doesn't transform, but as her staff transforms with a light show when she activates its powers, this seems rather nitpicky.)

This is the weeb equivalent of people who whine about the differences between zombies and the infected.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Xinder posted:

i've always called ccs my favorite magical girl anime and never have i heard someone try and tell me it wasn't one

well guess what, it isn't

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also killing bites is good y'all

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i hope it continues to have all the boobs: side, under, frontal, etc

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Alder posted:

Although I've seen a lot of fanart of Devilman...I just can't get into it like the entire series. I'm old now and I just want happier shows and SoL.

Paranoia Agent but instead of cute stuffed animals its yuri fluff SoL

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If Cardcaptor Sakura isn't a magical girl story, is Magic Knight Rayearth still an isekai story?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakura isn't a magical girl, she's just a wizard.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

A girl with chin length white hair and rough assymetric bangs who goes around in just a bra and panties with big titties AND she turns into a furry? Somebody tell Ibram.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Parallax posted:

the new dagashi kashi anime is bad, just like the last one. consistency

The last one was boring and went nowhere. Is this new one bad in some different way or the same

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Roth posted:

This is the weeb equivalent of people who whine about the differences between zombies and the infected.

Basically this.

Transformations are pretty ubiquitous for the genre - hell, Sakura's costumes are just a deliberate riff on that aspect - but I'm not aware of anything technically mandating it. Even if there is, any "well technically" are probably just in dry fun, because I don't really think fans of the genre are that frothing at the mouth regarding the issue.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

dogsicle posted:

I... admire its purity. It knows exactly what sort of terrible show it wants to be, and it's going for it without hesitation.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Wait, Killing Bites is just Juuni Taisen from last season, but with slightly less edge, way less pretentiousness, and way more tits.

all aboard I guess :confused:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I will skip the murder show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds good to me

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

drat, i was just floating it as a joke but if senpai says it then it must be true

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

Paranoia Agent but instead of cute stuffed animals its yuri fluff SoL

hi

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
paranoia gaygent

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
gaygent orange, the stuff they put in non-raw water

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

plus maybe this will lead the way to a future where we get a kase-san tv anime.

At least 2018 is the year we get the Kase-san OVA.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope instead of that crap killing bites and devilman crybaby pave a way to the good yuri poo poo like sukeban chainsaw or murcielago

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i hope instead of that crap killing bites and devilman crybaby pave a way to the good yuri poo poo like sukeban chainsaw or murcielago
murcielago and kase-san can both be good

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Dzhay posted:

I... admire its purity. It knows exactly what sort of terrible show it wants to be, and it's going for it without hesitation.

Keijo!!!!!!! Friends?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Dagashi Kashi was fantastic and I hope the new season manages to just as good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OnimaruXLR posted:

If Cardcaptor Sakura isn't a magical girl story, is Magic Knight Rayearth still an isekai story?

If Cardcaptor Sakura isn't a magical girl story, Sonic X isn't an isekai.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Takunomi was fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That amount of foam is never fine

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That amount of foam is never fine

Something something aromatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the drunk women eating food show seems alright!

• Locked thread