Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Gorilla Salad posted:

I wonder if it's possible to finish a FF game without using any magic?

FFVIII almost punishes you for casting magic, since you use stocks of spells to boost your stats. You can very easily get through the game without casting a single spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The punishment for using GFs in combat is wasting your time, too.

Unless it's Doomtrain, because that one owns both in terms of gameplay and just how it works. Satanic Thomas the Tank Engine.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:sureboat: TRAVELIN' :sureboat:

Episode 47: I could eat a whore

It's nice here in the new world I guess

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that boat. They resized a loving 3-4 person sport fishing boat and changed the size of the seats.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
If you told me this weird gondola town was cut and pasted from the last one we visited, I would believe it. They spent that whole boat ride summarizing the "plot", but the amount of information they provided could've taken two sentences. That's all that happened. Nothing happens in this game! :argh:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I about died when the title line came up.

Bocc Kob posted:

If you told me this weird gondola town was cut and pasted from the last one we visited, I would believe it. They spent that whole boat ride summarizing the "plot", but the amount of information they provided could've taken two sentences. That's all that happened. Nothing happens in this game! :argh:

It's actually the reverse, this weird gondola town was used for the chocobo carnival thingie, which is a dlc.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

We are to believe that this ship yacht wee motorboat has their monster-truck imperial chariot Regalia aboard?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That boat ride was absolutely insane.

No one ever shut up. Not even once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You know at least during Metal Gear codec scenes, they're usually at least saying stuff you can make fun of. That boat ride was just awful

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Everyone's concerned about the awful boat and eating a whore but at 18:00 in Ep47 we have a cameo by Mike Dawson.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Have you people never heard the expression 'hungry enough to eat a horse'?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gorilla Salad posted:

Have you people never heard the expression 'hungry enough to eat a horse'?

Yeah, obviously that's what they where going for there. But it didn't sound like that at all! And as they pointed out in the video, there are no horses in that universe so it couldn't have been that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Let see if I can hear that low frequency accordion buzz in the music that sounds like my phone vibrating through the earbuds...

Yep, so the next 30 episodes are going to be driving me crazy.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The music on the boat was a soaring orchestral piece, and yet just like the dialogue it accompanied, it was overly produced and very hallow. But thank god we are finally moving on to the plot. Whatever plot it could be called.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite part of the boat scene was Prompto complaining that the boat scene was loving boring, and then the boat scene kept going for like another ten minutes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Teledahn posted:

We are to believe that this ship yacht wee motorboat has their monster-truck imperial chariot Regalia aboard?

Honestly, Final Fantasy is up there with like, Dragonball insofar as universes where storage is not a problem.

That said, it is kinda weird that we're carrying around a camping set, about 17 different weapons, potions, 9 different changes of clothes per party member, and cooking ingredients but the car is where we draw the line.

But at least you can't get over-encumbered.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Teledahn posted:

That's nothing, the most unbelievable part of all this for me was that these four guys would have a freakin wedding dress as their first must see tourist stop.

...it's not even a good wedding dress. It's literally just plain white fabric that everyone is oohing and ahhing over for some reason.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's so loving pointless, but you can see the game deliberately beelines you straight to it.

You start at the docks and need to head to a restaurant which can only be accessed by gondola. But there aren't any spawned in yet and you have no way of knowing you can't walk to it. So you naturally walk towards the map marker which is your only reference point.

That 'conveniently' makes you walk right in front of the stupid dress*.

I mean, why? Did they make the cutscene only to realise none of the playtesters gave a poo poo and then decided to force the issue because someone in the art department chucked a tanty?

* and then waste 5 minutes of your life before you realise that, no, you can't reach the loving restaurant on foot.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That's odd, I don't think the gondolas are locked by the dress, because I remember not finding the dress until much later.

But yes, it was infuriating that there are places blocked from just walking to it.

Also normal fast travel is disabled, if I remember right.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
This town in particular looks like it was designed without thinking it was for a video game. So many tight corridors and things you can't jump over, it looks infuriating to traverse.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

That 'conveniently' makes you walk right in front of the stupid dress*.

I mean, why? Did they make the cutscene only to realise none of the playtesters gave a poo poo and then decided to force the issue because someone in the art department chucked a tanty?

10 years ago, the real-life designer Vivienne Westwood created a wedding dress for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Which is now Final Fantasy XV.

I have no idea how the product tie in was supposed to work and nobody probably does because the plot and characters changed so many times over the course of development.

e: well, it's a wedding dress and this is a FF game. So i guess it's not rocket science.

Don't think of it as viewing a dress, think of it as helping Square Enix meet its minimum contractual requirements to Vivienne Westwood Design, L.L.C.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 14, 2018

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bethamphetamine posted:

10 years ago, the real-life designer Vivienne Westwood created a wedding dress for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Which is now Final Fantasy XV.

I have no idea how the product tie in was supposed to work and nobody probably does because the plot and characters changed so many times over the course of development.

e: well, it's a wedding dress and this is a FF game. So i guess it's not rocket science.

Don't think of it as viewing a dress, think of it as helping Square Enix meet its minimum contractual requirements to Vivienne Westwood Design, L.L.C.

God, who thought this was a good idea? What the hell is going on in square-enix's upper echelons?

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

EagerSleeper posted:

God, who thought this was a good idea? What the hell is going on in square-enix's upper echelons?

I'm still hoping Enix will secede before it all crashes and burns.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

EagerSleeper posted:

This could literally be the title of FF15 in general, this game has a pretty stupid development history really.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cid was driving that boat way too fast in those channels.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
halfway done recording a new batch of episodes and god drat does the plot of this game make no loving sense

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I suggest drinking more. It... probably won't help, but it may prevent further pain.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I hope you're rushing through the plot missions just to get away from Gondola town's terrible layout as quickly as possible.

And I don't know if anybody mentioned it to you guys - don't play Ignis' DLC. There are late game spoilers.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Bethamphetamine posted:

And I don't know if anybody mentioned it to you guys - don't play Ignis' DLC. There are late game spoilers.

But really, how bad is a spoiler for an entirely nonsensical plot.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How can there possibly be any backstory to these characters in the first place, let alone something compelling or relateable or (adjective) enough for each of them to have a DLC Episode?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Lunethex posted:

How can there possibly be any backstory to these characters in the first place, let alone something compelling or relateable or (adjective) enough for each of them to have a DLC Episode?

Well they each have different hair you see

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Bethamphetamine posted:

Maybe don't play any DLC for this game because it will make it take longer.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

topiKal posted:

Well they each have different hair you see

Reminds me that there was a picture last year joking that the game took so long to make because Ignis' glasses have realistic prescription lenses.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kase moch posted:

But really, how bad is a spoiler for an entirely nonsensical plot.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ignis' dlc should have been an Iron Chef meets FF crossover, it's idiotic they didn't decide to do that.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
After the Assassin Festival and the Cup Noodle sidequest, I'm not sure I could handle FFXV doing a crossover with something I actually like.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATES :frogsiren:

Episode 48: What Happened

not a great speech tbh, 4/10

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
this is the moment lunafreya became oracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
My dad has one of those box drums. It has a pretty decent sound.

Apparently they're called cajón.

• Locked thread