Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

necroid posted:

honestly, I haven't watched your video but this guy's comment doesn't really strike me as an attack, it reads more like a surprisingly reasonable critique.

as you say I like most people haven't experienced your frustrations, but I've been wondering if you coming here and posting screenshots of your sick youtube owns is really necessary, just like publishing a cigar smoking manifesto of the reasons why you're going to totally make cig your bitch

no hard feelings but to me it feels just like Derek's attention-grabbing posturing, actions usually speak louder than words...

How much you in for?

Toops fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

SEA PATROL coming to Star Citizen:

necroid
May 14, 2009

Toops posted:

How much you in for?

been here since the doobie threads buddy

e: laughing at both sc and goons I mean

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

necroid posted:

been here since the doobie threads buddy

How much are you in for commando?

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol are you serious, are you aware you're acting just like shitizens? do we have to preface our posts with disclaimers like they do?

anyway unlike dozens of people itt I have never given money to the thumbman

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

necroid posted:

lol are you serious, are you aware you're acting just like shitizens? do we have to preface our posts with disclaimers like they do?

So you bought your stuff on the grey market?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

necroid posted:

It's okay I'm a citizen. You can tell me about your "fleet." I'll pretend to be impressed and everything!

5 star service, that's a whole four stars more than cig can do!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Letter from the past

Not-So-Secret Santa Streetroller Giveaway
PO Box "That Star Citizen Thread"
Beverly Hills, CA

Dear Streetroller,

gently caress Chris Roberts.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

And only 5% of mine are worth even looking at. In fact, just the need to scroll by my dumb poo poo should be enough for most people to just give up and close the whole browser instead. Then later reopen it after a period of recovery and just let the page automatically skip to the whole next page for you.

Nah, I like most of your posts, friend.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

necroid posted:

No but you're right. Street roller was asking for it. So we cool now? Tell me about your space guild. I'm in between guilds at the moment and a bit on the market if you know what I mean.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm drunk as gently caress and I just remembered I bought the DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART bundle off Steam over the holiday sale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmm5YQSv2I

necroid
May 14, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

No but you're right. Street roller was asking for it. So we cool now? Tell me about your space guild. I'm in between guilds at the moment and a bit on the market if you know what I mean.

serious post: no he was not asking for it, people on the internet are mean little shits because they don't have to face the consequences of their mean little attacks. still, that guy's comment struck me as not completely unreasonable. was it necessary for streetroller to make and post that video, knowing the mindset of the average sc cultist? was it necessary to come here and post screencaps of the obviously hosed up poo poo they said?

in my opinion the right thing would've been to sue, maybe announce it with a post in the thread and then shut up until the thing was done. maybe update the thread once in a while.

going back to lurking now, c u in the v

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Don't ask, don't tell! Now applicable to being a Star Citizen.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
jk, everyone knows you're supposed to demonstrate the size of your "fleet" by picking on crippled SC haters.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 13, 2018

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PederP posted:

Well, it also looks like Streetroller the Boneless has challenged King Crobberts to a legal holmgang in the icy wastelands of New Jersey. If Crobberts doesn't show he shall be known as a Nidding, cursed by men and gods alike. Such a brand would weaken him even further in the coming battle against the Skadden warrior-mystic, McMinnick.

hear, hear

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

necroid posted:

serious post: no he was not asking for it, people on the internet are mean little shits because they don't have to face the consequences of their mean little attacks. still, that guy's comment struck me as not completely unreasonable. was it necessary for streetroller to make and post that video, knowing the mindset of the average sc cultist? was it necessary to come here and post screencaps of the obviously hosed up poo poo they said?

in my opinion the right thing would've been to sue, maybe announce it with a post in the thread and then shut up until the thing was done. maybe update the thread once in a while.

going back to lurking now, c u in the v

Please don't lurk. You're pretty entertaining. :justpost:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

necroid posted:

Controversial and almost-shitizen-like opinion incoming sir: The youtube comment you were rushing to the defense of was bad and helped contribute to make your post pretty bad too. It's a youtube comment that has the opinion that calling shitizens shitheads for mocking the dude for his physical disabilities are garbage makes everyone just as bad as the guys mocking the dude for his physical disabilities.

I don't know what you wanted or expected but please don't pretend like you're hard done by when people mock you for what you wrote.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

I watched that "gameplay" and the main source of any interest was the guy worrying that he'd lose his ship and real-money weapons due to bugs. When he returns to Olisar he worries that he hasn't done a good enough parking job to keep his ship, so he makes multiple auto-land attempts which all try to kill him. At the end he reveals that he bought two M7A weapons for real money, lost them both to bugs, and has now bought a third.

$15.30 * 3 = $45.90 :homebrew:

Hold on. I thought that all items you pay for, even after destruction, respawn with you later. That not the case? loving lol.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217905283?t=35m22s

This is the bit where Erin talks about Space Combat.

oh my... where to begin where to begin...

So first of all he doesnt even talk much about the issue. he just adopted Chris way of filling time with words without actually giving out information. What he does give out though is enough to redeem that CIG has learned absolutely 0, Nada , Nothing from the disastrous combat experiences following 2.6.

Notice how Erin, after strolling around the main issue, brings up that the only point he wants to adress in the combat experience is the "shooting at pixels" bit. That is quote on quote the same poo poo that Chris ruled down in 2.6 and that ruined the little bit of consistency in Combat design that was left at the end of 2016.

As i wrote last summer, the Dynamics of Space combat in regards to good gameplay are one of the most complicated and technical topics and require excellent knowledge of both vehicle dynamics and gameplay mechanics as well as game experience. What Erin did is just closing the Circle to 1 1/2 Years ago. CIG, as a company, has learned absolutely nothing on the matter. And whatever comes out of the lawsuits, it is absolutely clear that this company does not have the Quality in house that is needed to even design a good combat model and experience, let alone balancing and porting it into an open world MMO enviroment.

Notice how Erin fills this obvious lack of understanding for the matter with regards to his "former Games" which are all but meaningless for the matter of Space combat and vehicle dynamics especially in a multiplayer enviroment.

Again, just like in 2.6 all they can think of regarding vehicle dynamics is speed. that there is literally hundreds of parameters going into the IFCS to create just the basic flight characteristics (let alone the high order combat characteristics) seems to be not only a complete mistery to the one guy who is supposed to make a game out if this, he seems to be completely unaware of them. And this is 4 Years after the initial release of the spaceflight and combat module. Its like time is ticking backwards and the more we progress the less CIG understands about basic gameplay and design. Amazing

A first step? the team keeps on working on it? this is the same team that couldnt do basic vehicle dynamics... feck... high school physics at the end of 2016 and judging by the state of 3.0 and especially this RTV, they have not learned a singe bit.

necroid
May 14, 2009

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Controversial and almost-shitizen-like opinion incoming sir: The youtube comment you were rushing to the defense of was bad and helped contribute to make your post pretty bad too. It's a youtube comment that has the opinion that calling shitizens shitheads for mocking the dude for his physical disabilities are garbage makes everyone just as bad as the guys mocking the dude for his physical disabilities.

I don't know what you wanted or expected but please don't pretend like you're hard done by when people mock you for what you wrote.

ok damned if I do answer, damned if I don't.

first of all, I didn't "rush to the defense" of this guy's comment: seeing that comment made me want to post what I've been thinking for a while, which is that streetroller's posting itt of youtube comments on his video serves no purpose. I also think that his video wasn't necessary, because suing and getting poo poo done in my humble opinion is better than talking about it. this is what i said:

necroid posted:

honestly, I haven't watched your video but this guy's comment doesn't really strike me as an attack, it reads more like a surprisingly reasonable critique.

as you say I like most people haven't experienced your frustrations, but I've been wondering if you coming here and posting screenshots of your sick youtube owns is really necessary, just like publishing a cigar smoking manifesto of the reasons why you're going to totally make cig your bitch

no hard feelings but to me it feels just like Derek's attention-grabbing posturing, actions usually speak louder than words...

rereading it I understand how maybe "surprisingly reasonable critique" may sound like I fell in love with the guy and that I now want to donate all my savings to the thumbman, bad choice of words. I should've said "surprisingly reasonable critique for a guy who gave some of his money to chris roberts"

let me put it in even simpler terms:
mocking disabled people = BAD
attention-grabbing = BAD
mocking shitizens = GOOD
getting poo poo done = GOOD

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sounds to me like Streetroller has made youtube drama, when he stated he was going to make legal drama.

Sounds like he is having a cry and claiming that he wants more money back even after being refunded.

He was foolish to have ever given Chris Roberts money.

Chris Roberts is an inept, lying, idiot and has been since before this was kickstartered yet plenty people here gave him money.

Actions speak louder than youtube videos/poo poo posting.

Listen to Chris..... "Just do it"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Combat Theory posted:

And this is 4 Years after the initial release of the spaceflight and combat module. Its like time is ticking backwards and the more we progress the less CIG understands about basic gameplay and design. Amazing

A first step? the team keeps on working on it? this is the same team that couldnt do basic vehicle dynamics... feck... high school physics at the end of 2016 and judging by the state of 3.0 and especially this RTV, they have not learned a singe bit.

You do know when stuff like that happens, right?
1. When there's no design document.
2. When you are not actually working on a game but instead on segmented (occasionally/ partially fake) demos with specific purpose and severely reduced scope.
3. When the last time you put any thought whatsoever into this feature was 4 years ago, and then went "well, that should keep them happy for a while". And 4 years later you've lost all touch with whatever the gently caress you wanted to improve on it -- if there ever was any such plan, anyway.

#3 is the most common one in my experience, but CIG scores all of the above.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AbstractNapper posted:

You do know when stuff like that happens, right?
1. When there's no design document.

Proposes space ship game.

Sells tanks.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

necroid posted:

The thing is plenty of people have made a similar suggestion for Streetroller to wind back and just let things happen without having to say something along the lines of "This guy going out of his way to paint Streetroller like an unhinged idiot crying foul because people dared to mock his physical disability for the high crime of posting a video on the internet has a reasonable critique to that video I didn't watch"

Streetroller can post the comments in here if it helps him with the fact he's being bombarded with a tirade of hate (and unless I'm mistaken he's been getting since long before he uploaded that video) and gets support from people here. You're talking about a guy who became public enemy number one for a while there because he managed to get a refund and the same song and dance was around then as it is now. He definitely can't undo what's already been done and any legal conflict is going to take time. I wouldn't have announced it but I haven't been putting up with the same poo poo he has, up to and including having had to fight for my own money back from a bullshit consumer law sodomizing TOS and then being told the refund wasn't because he was entitled to it but because he was a piece of poo poo they didn't want in the community anyway. A community that is 100% okay with insulting people with disabilities on the grounds they wanted their money back.

Less than 10% of that guy's posts was reasonable and barely even a critique. It just used a lot of words to cover for a lot of really nasty poking and justification for vileness, and it's a lot of words your point could have done without and is why you caught poo poo for it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

necroid posted:

first of all, I didn't "rush to the defense" of this guy's comment: seeing that comment made me want to post what I've been thinking for a while, which is that streetroller's posting itt of youtube comments on his video serves no purpose. I also think that his video wasn't necessary, because suing and getting poo poo done in my humble opinion is better than talking about it. this is what i said:

rereading it I understand how maybe "surprisingly reasonable critique" may sound like I fell in love with the guy and that I now want to donate all my savings to the thumbman, bad choice of words. I should've said "surprisingly reasonable critique for a guy who gave some of his money to chris roberts"

let me put it in even simpler terms:
mocking disabled people = BAD
attention-grabbing = BAD
mocking shitizens = GOOD
getting poo poo done = GOOD

I can't bring myself to read the YouTube comments being posted here to say if I agree with you or not, but I thought the video was fine. Dude obviously thinks people are being taken advantage of by cig predatory bullshit parade and addressing that is part of his motivation.

plenty of people have already given advice on the pointlessness of engaging youtube comments so i won't bother.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

necroid posted:

The people who used to believe in SC are only separated from those who still do by the eventual realization they got scammed, they burn with inner shame.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I think there might be some trolling going on in this thread

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

necroid posted:

Oh yes, cause telling me I sound like someone who's about to go on a loving shooting spree is completely reasonable.
That couldn't possibly be character assassination and fear-mongering

I'm documenting my experience with this community first and fore-most, and posting it here for expose. I don't give a poo poo about "sick burns".
If that poo poo ever comes back to me, I want to know who said it and when.
Bonus: Some people find it entertaining to peer into the sick minds of some of these people.

necroid posted:

I am getting poo poo done. I'm just being public about it to expose this scam, like Derek.
Such as: I didn't just go feed the homeless in Philadelphia, I filmed a video about how they were throwing them in jail because nobody gave a gently caress and I protested Mayor Nutter at the time.
Do you think I just disappear off the face of the Earth when I'm not filming? No, I do a lot of community building in my real life that isn't on camera.

But one thing is for certain. I am here for attention. If you say you're not, you're just lying.
But like you said, damned if you do damned if you don't.
What about me then? If I never exposed it in to begin with, I don't think I would of ever gotten as much head-way.
On the flip-side, I wouldn't have to deal with shitheads either.

So don't tell me I'm not doing poo poo. I opened the floodgates that made it possible to get a refund. Now I'm attempting to make it abundantly clear that it is illegal to even deny you for any reason, and jump through those legal hoops.
I'm jumping through these hoops not just for Star Citizen backers either, but also for you and whatever other projects follow suit. I'm not just talking about suing, I am!!!
When it's all over I'll update you -- win or lose.

You can eat your chips and dip while I'm freezing in the cold.

Streetroller fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 13, 2018

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Streetroller posted:

Oh yes, cause telling me I sound like someone who's about to go on a loving shooting spree is completely reasonable.
That couldn't possibly be character assassination and fear-mongering

I'm documenting my experience with this community first and fore-most, and posting it here for expose. I don't give a poo poo about "sick burns".
If that poo poo ever comes back to me, I want to know who said it and when.
Bonus: Some people find it entertaining to peer into the sick minds of some of these people.

I am getting poo poo done. I'm just being public about to expose this scam, like Derek.
Such as: I didn't just go feed the homeless in Philadelphia, I filmed a video about how they were throwing them in jail because nobody gave a gently caress and I protested Mayor Nutter at the time.
Do you think I just disappear off the face of the Earth when I'm not filming? No, I do a lot of community building in my real life that isn't on camera.

But one thing is for certain. I am here for attention. If you say you're not, you're just lying.
But like you said, damned if you do damned if you don't.
What about me then? If I never exposed it in to begin with, I don't think I would of ever gotten as much head-way.
On the flip-side, I wouldn't have to deal with shitheads either.

So don't tell me I'm not doing poo poo. I opened the floodgates that made it possible to get a refund. Now I'm attempting to make it abundantly clear that it is illegal to even deny you for any reason, and jump through those legal hoops.
I'm jumping through this for you, and not just for Star Citizen either. I'm not just talking about suing, I am!!!
When it's all over I'll update you -- win or lose.

You can eat your chips and dip while I'm freezing in the cold.

You could've planned out what you said in the video a little better. Stuff like when you mentioned their failures, but then couldn't think of an example at that moment. You also repeated yourself a bit. It seemed more impulsive than thought out.

I'm totally on board with the spirit of the video, what you said in it, and your legal claims against CIG.

The thing I was offended by most was the audio. Fix your loving audio levels, god drat.

Not commenting on the comments because we all know they're poo poo.

necroid
May 14, 2009

never said you weren't getting poo poo done, can't argue with the rest since you seem pretty into it so good luck with everything!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Please cease attention-seeking in the Derek Smart thread, we're waiting to see what Derek posts next

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ComfyPants posted:

If the term "hate boner" did not exist before Star Citizen, would Citizens have invented it? They love that term.

I think they very well may have invented it without question.

Is everyone sure Ben is still there?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We don’t deserve Streetroller, goddamn my man. You’re a good dude.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

XK posted:

You could've planned out what you said in the video a little better. Stuff like when you mentioned their failures, but then couldn't think of an example at that moment. You also repeated yourself a bit. It seemed more impulsive than thought out.

I'm totally on board with the spirit of the video, what you said in it, and your legal claims against CIG.

The thing I was offended by most was the audio. Fix your loving audio levels, god drat.

Not commenting on the comments because we all know they're poo poo.

It was completely off the cuff, I'll admit.

I said I couldn't think of any "off the top of my head" as sort of a lie honestly.

I'm actually a little more versed in law than people give me credit for, and I didn't want to present my case on film without pre-thought.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Streetroller posted:

It was completely off the cuff, I'll admit.

I said I couldn't think of any "off the top of my head" as sort of a lie honestly.

I'm actually a little more versed in law than people give me credit for, and I didn't want to present my case on film without pre-thought.

Would've been more impactful if it wasn't so clearly an impulsive stream of consciousness video. It came across as disordered because of that.

That audio though, I had been watching videos for hours, then jumped into yours and struggled to hear what you were saying. You expect me to lean forward and turn up my volume or something?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon posted:

Heck yeah, that'd be rad. Nothing weird ever happens at goonmeets, or so I've been led to believe lol.

Most MWO goons are in the discord now, we pretty regularly have some decent sized groups going on, if you ever feel like coming to hang out there's a permanent invite link over in the MWO thread and/or I can hook you up with one. I'd totally be down to show you how bad I am at your game lol.

MWO didnt die after the golden mechs? or Niko's crap? and Goons are playing it?

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

XK posted:

Would've been more impactful if it wasn't so clearly an impulsive stream of consciousness video. It came across as disordered because of that.

That audio though, I had been watching videos for hours, then jumped into yours and struggled to hear what you were saying. You expect me to lean forward and turn up my volume or something?

Would you guys appreciate a more thought out video presenting my entire case. The who, what, where, when?...

I'll even shave.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Streetroller posted:

Would you guys appreciate a more thought out video presenting my entire case. The who, what, where, when?...

I'll even shave.

If you were up to it, I'd be into it. Like you said, "didn't want to present my case on film without pre-thought". So, make a video with pre-thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Streetroller posted:

I'll even shave.

While I am curious,

I'm thinking no.

"Save it for Space Court"
-- Abraham Lincoln, paraphrasing Sun Tzu, probably