Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MaxxBot posted:

I used to think that neocons and neolibs were oddly similar, I was wrong. They in fact exactly the same thing.

im pretty sure the only difference is abortion

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/BurlingtonCzar/status/952264296817483776

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pospysyl posted:

Isn't Maryland full of Beltway lunatics, the one demographic that actually buys the Chelsea as traitor line?

not really, thats what VA is for. what it does have is baltimore, where the gently caress the cops narrative will do well imo

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Can someone refresh my memory... was Chelsea's leaks the batch that included the "us military contractors engaged in literal child prostitution in Afghanistan?"

Yeah, police chiefs working for DynCorp were hiring dancing boys, and the Afghan Interior minister had to contact the US Ambassador to let him know. That was in the big dump of Diplomatic cables.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao neera just RTed this

https://twitter.com/senjohnmccain/status/952235956588851200

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Jan 17, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ruzihm posted:

im with her
:same:

i also really have to give her props for surving all the poo poo she went through and coming out of it as a decent reasonable person still

also obama is a giant loving piece of poo poo for only pardoning her on like his last month in the job when it should have happened much much sooner. but at least he did

Xaris has issued a correction as of 23:59 on Jan 13, 2018

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Ruzihm posted:

im with her

Can't wait for baddems to explain, while they respect the identities of trans people, she's not really a woman and using i'm with her is wrong.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Xaris posted:

also obama is a giant loving piece of poo poo for only pardoning her on like his last month in the job when it should have happened much much sooner. but at least he did

he didn't pardon her lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

VROOM VROOM posted:

he didn't pardon her lol

lmao yeah i forgot it was just a commuted sentence lol obama

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Xaris posted:

:same:

i also really have to give her props for surving all the poo poo she went through and coming out of it as a decent reasonable person still

every single person I've come across who "just doesn't like her" also takes issue on two other oddly specific things:

1. maybe the empire bad?!?!?! (literally any meaningful criticism of the MIC, and they always insist that the US should "do something")
2. cannot deal with the concept of ACAB or police abolishment; it just doesn't register outside of "it's impossible"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruzihm posted:

im with her

Chelsea is great because Chelsea is good

but unironically

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

its chelsea manning's turn

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

MaxxBot posted:

I used to think that neocons and neolibs were oddly similar, I was wrong. They in fact exactly the same thing.

if i had a dollar for every time somebodys told me im wrong for postin this, id be quotin u from my alt :smugdog:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
a b o l i s h t h e s e n a t e

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people appreciate just how crazy it is that she went through what she did and was able to come out on the other side with the sort of attitude she has.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
pretty much, people like to talk up mccains bravery & ordeal but what he went through was disneyland comparatively, especially being your own loving country jfc that would break about anyones brain

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

pretty much, people like to talk up mccains bravery & ordeal but what he went through was disneyland comparatively, especially being your own loving country jfc that would break about anyones brain

He got better treatment once the NVA realized they had captured a admiral's son.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tortoiseburger posted:

Yeah, police chiefs working for DynCorp were hiring dancing boys, and the Afghan Interior minister had to contact the US Ambassador to let him know. That was in the big dump of Diplomatic cables.

And they were the same exact company that got caught pulling the exact same sort of child prostitution bullshit in Bosnia.

Wikipedia posted:

In the late 1990s, two employees, Ben Johnston, a former DynCorp aircraft mechanic, and Kathryn Bolkovac, a U.N. International Police Force monitor, independently alleged that DynCorp employees in Bosnia engaged in sex with minors, and sold them to each other as slaves. Both Johnston and Bolkovac were fired, and Johnston was later placed into protective custody before leaving several days later.

On June 2, 2000, an investigation was launched in the DynCorp hangar at Comanche Base Camp, one of two U.S. bases in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and all DynCorp personnel were detained for questioning. CID spent several weeks investigating and the results appear to support Johnston's allegations.DynCorp had fired five employees for similar illegal activities prior to the charges. Many of the employees accused of sex trafficking were forced to resign under suspicion of illegal activity. However, as of 2014 no one had been prosecuted.

Why Bill didn't blacklist DynCorp from federal contracts after the first time, well lol we all know exactly loving why

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Jan 14, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I still enjoy the time Joy Reid posited that, actually, Chelsea did what she did because she was unstable, and not because she looked at the US gunning down civilians and was utterly horrified to the point of action - and using this in a hilariously clumsy attempt to hit Trump over allowing trans people in the military (ie: if they're accepted for who they are, maybe they won't turn traitor??). It was just so baddems.txt because it was a dumbass take rooted in the belief that Chelsea was in the wrong.

Oh Snapple! has issued a correction as of 00:42 on Jan 14, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I would like some donut takes about Chelsea, please and thank you

Did Joy herself react because that would be just so much fun

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Ruzihm posted:

im with her

lmfao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Yinlock posted:

its chelsea manning's turn

Countdown till some shithead challenges the ballot because for her to run as Bradley Manning. I want to say it will be a republican but a bad dem might beat them to it for the primary.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

im glad of it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats not how any of this works

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

owns

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

https://aeon.co/ideas/why-collective-narcissists-are-so-politically-volatile

actually, everyone who disagrees with me has a social disorder

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ruzihm posted:

im with her

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Please, I've had enough already, enough succ :negative:

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/952355499965665281

https://twitter.com/FastCompany/status/952344757765853185

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Jan 14, 2018

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

What the gently caress is going on today? There's been like a month worth of succcccc please stop

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have not yet begun to succ

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

please stop

you already signed the contract binch

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

If Trump has taught us anything it’s that pretending to be good at business won’t help you pretend to be good at Presidenting, but nope suck dems gonna suck.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Has someone posted this yet? https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I'm starting to think that famous men being openly outspoken about social issues should be treated with great suspicion. It's like it's some sort of indulgence they pay to make up for being sleazeballs in their private lives. I'm thinking/hoping there'll be real repercussions for this, since not only is there a lot of focus on these issues recently, but she has photos + her roommate's account to back her up.

The whole account made me really uneasy, because it's super easy to imagine the whole thing happening.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Trump has taught us anything it’s that pretending to be good at business won’t help you pretend to be good at Presidenting, but nope suck dems gonna suck.

fast company makes a bold hypothesis that having multiple billions of dollars should help one win elections

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Succ from across the pond!

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/939963010734489606

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viivrf_JnPc

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

Has someone posted this yet? https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I'm starting to think that famous men being openly outspoken about social issues should be treated with great suspicion. It's like it's some sort of indulgence they pay to make up for being sleazeballs in their private lives. I'm thinking/hoping there'll be real repercussions for this, since not only is there a lot of focus on these issues recently, but she has photos + her roommate's account to back her up.

The whole account made me really uneasy, because it's super easy to imagine the whole thing happening.

lol no surprise aziz is a sex pest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Co-opting #ImWithHer for Manning would piss off the hillshills so i am very down with that

• Locked thread