Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SeXReX posted:

just think of it as a 6 month long hype build for SGDQ

Minnesota is great in July you should all come and shitpost irl with me

i really want to go to sgdq but i also have social anxiety that's so bad i can't even handle standing up to give a 10 minute presentation in front of a class of 15, and that's with medication and therapy. i'm always afraid that an event like that would actually be miserable for me even if i was surrounded by people who were trying to make me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Vaah posted:

[Intelligent] [Humorous] [Tasteful] [Wholesome]

Combine all that and you get some great Whit.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

You're all wonderful speedfriends, I'm glad we could share this thread together.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

tyblazitar posted:

Okay, speedfriends, if I may be uncomfortably sincere for a moment. I know the marathon isn't over yet, but I wanted to get this off my heart before it gets late and sleep deprivation kicks in.

I'm a sadbrained shut-in NEET, and I've been having an extra rough time for the last month before AGDQ. Most of my days for the last 3-4 years have been spent alone in my room, either watching anime or movies, or more recently doing drugs. And next week, I expect that to come back, I expect things to be hard again and I expect to struggle with a lot of poo poo.

But for this one glorious week, I have been able to fill my days with something fun and meaningful. I have been able to hang out with a bunch of nerds making jokes about other nerds playing video games. It might sound pathetic, but it's been like a weeklong festival, like one of those giant music festivals except I don't have to leave my room. I'm not particularly deep into video games, but that has not been much of an obstacle to being able to hang out with all you wonderful people and just having a real good time, whether we're breaking the sound barrier during hype runs, mashing the emptyquote button, posting weird fetish art and funny gifs, joking about runners and runs, or just chilling and talking about everything and nothing. I don't really do the whole "friends" thing IRL so it's been a rare treat for me, especially since everyone has been so nice and accepting (shoutouts to beep by grandpa for creating and always helping maintain that atmosphere).

Now I'm sure a lot of you all are in quite different situations, but I also think many of you might have a tough or not very happy life and, like me, have enjoyed some relief from all that through this thread. Regardless, I just wanted to tell you all that I have thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you all this week and all of you are really cool and nice people. I haven't been able to contribute with too much of value and my lack of socialization has probably made me overcompensate by posting a ton more than I should, but for once I haven't had the constant voice in my head telling me everyone is annoyed by me, which is a compliment to the welcoming and accepting atmosphere you all have created and maintained. Thank you all sincerely, and if you, like me, have tough times ahead, let's all strive to do this again in future GDQ chat threads, and use that as a motivation to keep going on. :unsmith:

I'm glad to hear this week has been good for you! You've been a good part of this thread. I relate to your circumstances a bit because while I have a local social circle I work from home and tend to just stay at home and hang out with my cat a lot. This social atmosphere online has been a blessing.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ramos posted:

I'm good anywhere, so long as it's warming than it is right now in Georgia. Geez.

oh poo poo georgia goon! that's my home state, i grew up in lagrange, went to college in valdosta, then lived in atlanta for a few years before moving to Seattle.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

thanks, Funky Kong :unsmith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Life can be pretty poo poo, so I'm happy you guys can find some relief in here. I'm also going through a rough path and I've enjoyed poo poo posting with you all.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
i'm an angry stupid idiot but i enjoyed the thread this year regardless. sometimes it's nice to be around people to talk with instead of being all alone for weeks at a time

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

tyblazitar posted:

Okay, speedfriends, if I may be uncomfortably sincere for a moment. I know the marathon isn't over yet, but I wanted to get this off my heart before it gets late and sleep deprivation kicks in.

I'm a sadbrained shut-in NEET, and I've been having an extra rough time for the last month before AGDQ. Most of my days for the last 3-4 years have been spent alone in my room, either watching anime or movies, or more recently doing drugs. And next week, I expect that to come back, I expect things to be hard again and I expect to struggle with a lot of poo poo.

But for this one glorious week, I have been able to fill my days with something fun and meaningful. I have been able to hang out with a bunch of nerds making jokes about other nerds playing video games. It might sound pathetic, but it's been like a weeklong festival, like one of those giant music festivals except I don't have to leave my room. I'm not particularly deep into video games, but that has not been much of an obstacle to being able to hang out with all you wonderful people and just having a real good time, whether we're breaking the sound barrier during hype runs, mashing the emptyquote button, posting weird fetish art and funny gifs, joking about runners and runs, or just chilling and talking about everything and nothing. I don't really do the whole "friends" thing IRL so it's been a rare treat for me, especially since everyone has been so nice and accepting (shoutouts to beep by grandpa for creating and always helping maintain that atmosphere).

Now I'm sure a lot of you all are in quite different situations, but I also think many of you might have a tough or not very happy life and, like me, have enjoyed some relief from all that through this thread. Regardless, I just wanted to tell you all that I have thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you all this week and all of you are really cool and nice people. I haven't been able to contribute with too much of value and my lack of socialization has probably made me overcompensate by posting a ton more than I should, but for once I haven't had the constant voice in my head telling me everyone is annoyed by me, which is a compliment to the welcoming and accepting atmosphere you all have created and maintained. Thank you all sincerely, and if you, like me, have tough times ahead, let's all strive to do this again in future GDQ chat threads, and use that as a motivation to keep going on. :unsmith:

you're great, i'm in a similar spot and i'm super glad this thread and everyone here exists

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

HonorableTB posted:

oh poo poo georgia goon! that's my home state, i grew up in lagrange, went to college in valdosta, then lived in atlanta for a few years before moving to Seattle.

Also Georgia, I live just outside of Atlanta

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

literal lol once I saw it

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

y'all making me cry like a big dumb baby :arghfist::saddowns:

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

Dias posted:

I'm here and I see people talking poo poo about FFT, definitely horrendous Fire Emblem fans. Please prevent cancer.

I unironically think FFT is the best FF but also enjoy a good FE :shobon:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sage Grimm posted:

Combine all that and you get some great Whit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

lmao

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Xenothral posted:

You're all wonderful speedfriends, I'm glad we could share this thread together.

:yeah:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Your Computer posted:

gently caress yeah

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Your Computer posted:

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
It's so cold in jackson ms that the water is freezing in the pipes and I more than likely won't have any this weekend. Thats why im buying all the suds instead.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Your Computer posted:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Your Computer posted:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Xenothral posted:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

LAY-ZX posted:

y'all making me cry like a big dumb baby :arghfist::saddowns:

Crying is okay!! Also :same:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Xenothral posted:

:emptyquote:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Xenothral posted:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

financially racist posted:

i really want to go to sgdq but i also have social anxiety that's so bad i can't even handle standing up to give a 10 minute presentation in front of a class of 15, and that's with medication and therapy. i'm always afraid that an event like that would actually be miserable for me even if i was surrounded by people who were trying to make me happy.

I totally feel that, pretty sure the only reason I made it through AGDQ was that I was HEAVILY medicated (drunk) basically the entire time I was awake. and the last 3 SGDQs I've had the privilege of being able to just go home when it's overwhelming.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Gogo Gadget 50000 replies

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hivac posted:

Yeah i dunno dude, Agrias is okay enough but one character won't pull you all the way through something like execution site

Maybe i'm remembering wrong, it's been like 13 years since I last played the game and every first impression of the game from other people that I've seen since is pretty souring in the "you're not playing the game the right way so it's loving ruthless and awful" sense

FFT is easy as long as you stumble on any class that's decent enough. If you figure out Monk is super strong, you win.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Maybe we should have a speedrun watch thread and just do some viewing at random on weekends or something

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
:corsair: Walkin on carpets and countin steps psshaw!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Robo Turnus posted:

It's so cold in jackson ms that the water is freezing in the pipes and I more than likely won't have any this weekend. Thats why im buying all the suds instead.

Keep a bit of a trickle going

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

Your Computer posted:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

Your Computer posted:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
remember friends, speedrunning is easy to get into and you should do it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hello i spent all day either sleeping or playing the dragonball beta but now i am here and i am here till the stream is dead and buried

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

grand theft grotto posted:

Maybe we should have a speedrun watch thread and just do some viewing at random on weekends or something

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Xenothral posted:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

heeheex2 posted:

remember friends, shitposting is easy to get into and you should do it

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

The Lobster posted:

Keep a bit of a trickle going

haha its not my pipes that are the problem, its the ones out in the street. Even with the trickle going, the water pressure dies or eventually just runs out. thank for advice though.
this post probably shows that i don't know how municipal water supplies work, but then again, neither does the city govt in jackson so we're all even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Yeah, I moved here for work, I'm sitting north of the perimeter.

• Locked thread