Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

a powerade bottle with cum in it

How did it taste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did 3x10 88 lbs standing overhead press in the work gym before heading home after getting off early, just to kill some time until the buss was near. It was alright.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

i go to a 24 hour gym here in london, and i usually get there around midnight-ish. at this point there is no staff around at all (the gym has weird sci-fi pods you have to key a code into to get in) so all the most depraved exercise sickos use this time to do their hideous forbidden exercises. i'm a qualified as a PT (but don't work as one atm) and i've been lifting for 12 or so years now (with a couple of years absence in that 12 where i got hosed up by doing salmon ladders with undiagnosed hypermobile shoulders then sank into a deep depression).

i see a lot of weird poo poo and the gym is always a nightmarish mess.

one of the main fixtures is a guy i call dr dickstare. he's a fairly skinny build with decent glamour muscles, always wears a camo tank top, lifting belt, and these loose blue shorts. i call him dr dickstare because he rolls his shorts (which are knee length) aaaall the way up into a weird baggy diaper sort of formation, then aggressively stares at his own groin while working out. he does smith machine squats, and then aside from that all he does is a shitload of like various delt exercises. some which i've never seen anyone else do. his shoulders click nightmarishly as he does them, and as someone who has suffered with a lot of shoulder problems it makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

he smells disgusting, i don't think he washes his outfit ever, and instead of wearing gloves he holds two little sponges in the palms of his hands as he lifts. i imagine they are by this point saturated in staph and hep c, so i hate to use anything he's been on. he's attracted a couple of hangers-on with his weird exercises, and the three of them look like the turkish or iranian versions of mac, dennis, and charlie from always sunny.

i have plenty more stories, and some photos of random stuff ive seen around the gym (benches left in weird positions, a powerade bottle with cum in it)

This is my favorite post in a long time

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Squats are killing me. Since my knees are behaving lately, I just decided to do a linear deal and just add 5 lbs for a 3x5 each workout of the week. I'm up to 215 now and every single time I just barely grind through my last rep, but haven't actually failed yet. The weird thing is when I'm warming up, even ~155 or so still feels like it's a 5 or 6 rep max. I just do whatever the prescribed weight is of the day and the day I don't get my 5 reps is the day I'll worry about maybe adjusting it. Even when I manage to get to 3 plates for a few reps, 155 is still going to feel heavy as gently caress isn't it?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Squats and deadlifts will always feel heavy forever. You can smoke a weight and it still feel like it was going to kill you and had to grind on it for minutes. It was actually 10 seconds. Your mind and body lies.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

here's the goddamn bottle of cum:

the orangey quality to it is from my phone camera being incredibly hosed up. in person it was pure, pearlescent, cummy white

this is a bench i saw backed up against the lat pulldown cable stack, i missed whatever arcane exercise it was being used for:

liberate tutemet ex inferis:

now here's a brief interlude where i talk about my own boring poo poo before i tell another story. when i injured my shoulder i was training to compete as a power lifter. essentially what i had done, was by doing pullups with my shoulder unknowingly out of joint, i had been grating away the tendon of my pectoral muscle against one of the bones in my shoulder. it ended up manifesting as a constantly, electrical pain shooting down my right arm. i ended up needing a shitload of physiotherapy, and tons of really painful massages to break down the big bulb of scar tissue that had formed inside. it also turned out that a lot of the muscles in my rotator cuff were basically non-existant, because i'd never had to use them cause my shoulders were flexible enough for my bigger muscles to drag my arm into any position.

at the time i was benching 150kg (330lbs) for 2-4 reps, then i had to take months off to recover from injury, do a billion exercises to build up all my tiny, lovely muscles, then i moved house, then i got depressed from both not being able to work out properly and the psychological impact of my ambitions being hosed up. i ended up not working out at all for a year, then not consistently for another year or so.

i recently got back into it properly, maybe 3 or 4 months ago, and i'm clawing my way back up. i've been doing 5x5 with 115-120kg (i vary between depending on how i feel, i don't have a spotter atm) but i'm having trouble progressing beyond it. i realise its just a case of keeping on going, but man it's kind of annoying.

my squats and deadlift have completely gone to poo poo, i can still incline leg press enough plates to fill up the machine (oh how i wish my gym had enough 20kg plates for me to totally max out the weight on it) but i'm squatting bodyweight atm and deadlifting just a little more than that. my idleness has weakened my back more than anything, and i think just psychologically i am terrified of loving my back up so i have been going with lower weights and focusing on technique.

anyway, now for another story.

there's kind of a craze at the moment for taking off your shoes to deadlift or squat. i kind of get it, but i wouldn't want to be slipping around on the wood of the lifting platform in my socks. i don't see many of the really big lifters at my gym doing it, it tends to be the sort of dude i mentally file as 'college' in my brain, cause they're the sort of youngish skinny dudes i imagine is on some sort of college rowing team.

so the other day i was sitting at the bench, taking one of the interminable rest periods between sets for my 5x5, when i see this dude taking off his shoes to deadlift. but as his shoes come off i realise i can see his heel and his toes. at first my brain processed what i was seeing to be the guy wearing one of those like weird neoprene ankle support booties you see sometimes, or some other sort of technical wankery toe sock. but no. my man is just wearing a loving cartoon hobos socks. 3 toes are out on one foot, 2 on the other, both heels are just bare.

now i can be a slob, maybe i sometimes hold onto socks i should throw out, but this guy had more of his feet outside the socks than in them. it was disgusting.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

this is a bench i saw backed up against the lat pulldown cable stack, i missed whatever arcane exercise it was being used for:

Maybe some kind of makeshift pullover?

loving KILL ME.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

burn this gym to the ground

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

here's the goddamn bottle of cum:

Went down to my organized, cum free (strangers' anyway) basement gym and hugged my squat rack. Thank you.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i get a good workout for my mental fortitude every time i go there while i have to suppress my inner gym instructor

'PUT YOUR WEIGHTS AWAY'
'DON'T PICK IT UP IF YOU CANT loving PUT IT DOWN'
'WHY ARE YOU KICKING THAT BAR ACROSS THE FLOOR YOU ARENT EVEN USING IT'
'*generic scream of rage*'

i just turn my music up and tune out the rest of the world

i periodically clean up most of the plates by putting them all on the incline leg press and pissing everyone else off. we'd have enough plates for everyone if people didnt keep throwing them on the loving floor.

my dream is to one day have a house big enough and enough money for a nice home gym.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dear God why.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I deadlift in only my socks :stare:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

I deadlift in only my socks :stare:

do your socks have more hole than sock?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
All sock. No holes.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
That is definitely one of the gyms in The Gym franchise, they are 24 hours and usually cheap as poo poo, I go to the one in my town as it’s convenient and my word do you see some poo poo (my favourite at the moment is the Top Knotted ginger who does wing chun and weird break falls/rolls between sets on the cable machine) those gyms are fine outside of peak hours though.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

All sock. No holes.

then you can lift in your socks all the live long day if it makes you happy. i've never tried it, but im not against it. i just notice patterns of who i see doing it at my nightmare hell dimension gym

Gaz2k21 posted:

That is definitely one of the gyms in The Gym franchise, they are 24 hours and usually cheap as poo poo, I go to the one in my town as it’s convenient and my word do you see some poo poo (my favourite at the moment is the Top Knotted ginger who does wing chun and weird break falls/rolls between sets on the cable machine) those gyms are fine outside of peak hours though.

yep, that's the franchise. despite the outrageous mess and mentally deranged night crew they have a good variety of weights and machines and are affordable and everywhere. i think someone cleans it up at some point.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 14, 2018

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Anyone here lift stoned? The mind muscle connection is incredible.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I read an article about that in a magazine. Seems interesting. I don't really smoke anymore but apparently people swear by it.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
does anyone here lift on mushrooms

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chinatown posted:

I read an article about that in a magazine. Seems interesting. I don't really smoke anymore but apparently people swear by it.

When my state gets the stupid stores open maybe I'll give it a try.

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001

Defiant Sally posted:

I used to all the time. Definitely helped tune everything out that goes on in my head and allowed for a much more focused workout. Come to think of it, I was at my most consistent and best shape when I was smoking a bowl or two before the gym. Results may vary of course, everyone reacts differently.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Lots of BJJ artists do their craft stoned and claim it makes you better at it. It's a whole thing. Nick Diaz, Eddie Bravo, etc.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I think there are a lot of highly successful people that get high to practice their calling, and also a lot more highly unsuccessful people that get high and don't have a calling

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i think anything that helps you focus is going to help.

i drink pre workout so that my heart will explode like rich pianas heart

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Guyver posted:

Squats and deadlifts will always feel heavy forever. You can smoke a weight and it still feel like it was going to kill you and had to grind on it for minutes. It was actually 10 seconds. Your mind and body lies.

This is good to know- I'm on Stronglifts and deloaded by 30% and then another 20% following some life poo poo, but I feel like I could go a lot heavier than I'm currently doing; but at the same time, the lifts that I'm doing feel heavy even though I've lifted ~50% more than this in the past. If they never get easier I'll feel way better about my current plan of boosting my lifts faster than the app recommends.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

i think anything that helps you focus is going to help.

i drink pre workout so that my heart will explode like rich pianas heart

Smoke weed and drink pre workout. I call it The Shock Combo.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Defiant Sally posted:

the guy who showed me how to really lift wouldn't let us go not stoned and now it's been every time for over 2 years, if only weed made me hungry still

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Marijuana is a poor people drug.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I only smoke lab grown 100% thc crystals out of a laser bong

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fallows posted:

I only smoke lab grown 100% thc crystals out of a laser bong

Lipstick on a pig.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

Did heavy squats for the first time after 2 months and now I'm starting to have quad DOMS ten hours in. This is my penance

Day 3 of DOMS: Still sucks. Can barely walk.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Cocaine and meth my man

Khorne
May 1, 2002
do they loop welcome to the jungle 24/7

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

UnfurledSails posted:

Day 3 of DOMS: Still sucks. Can barely walk.

Told you. After my few weeks off mine lasted from Saturday (after Friday squats) through to my next session this past Friday. Thursday and Friday weren't debilitating or anything, but it was still there. Did legs again and here I am two days I can feel it, but not "ouch it hurts to sit down or go down stairs" feel it. Maybe try doing a light set or five at 50% or something if you feel like you can?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

poo poo. poo poo!!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

You would think people would look at these and think "This is awful, maybe I can not be disgusting and contribute."

Also, what's the name of those expensive rear end spreadsheets y'all be talking about? I could go about getting a new Trainer now that I've moved, but I kinda don't want to interact with people. renaissance periodization, that's the one.

Herbicidal Maniac fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 14, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Khorne posted:

do they loop welcome to the jungle 24/7

no they loop weird terrible rnb.

i heard an awful rnb cover of 'zombie' by the cranberries at this gym and i've never been able to find it since.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm the guy that works out in compression leggings with nothing over them. Those are underwear dude.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm the guy that works out in compression leggings with nothing over them. Those are underwear dude.

let me tell you a story about something even worse than this that i have seen just this week.

guy comes in wearing one of those muscle vests thats like two strings attached to a miniskirt made of t-shirt material. hes got a buff upper body so w/e. he jumps on the bench and sets up all his weights and poo poo.

then he takes his shoes off. i'm like uuuh what, but his socks are at least intact.

then my man takes off his trousers to reveal, not athletic shorts, but his boxer shorts. now this is pretty weird and gross, but what adds to the effect is that his legs are the friggin exact same thickness as his arms. it is never leg day for this gentleman. he looked like a dog standing up on its hind legs

between his sets he patrolled around the bench, tugging his vest side to side so that he could see the 0.5% of his torso that was covered by the strings. i felt like if i went too close to the bench he'd start barking at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
One of the best parts of having a Gold's gym membership (or any big-box gym) in a big city with multiple gym locations is, being able to switch gyms every few months. I forget to do this sometimes and after months of seeing other gym member's crazy behavior - it's good to switch it up.

I think just tolerating poor gym conditions - whether its the gym itself, or the people in it, can potentially lead to a lack of motivation. Who wants to go workout with a bunch of pretentious yuppies, or whatever your personal beef is.