Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Just got my first 1.0 solo fpp chicken dinner. Feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

every gun is pinpoint accurate in this game, its the recoil that varies a lot. it's nothing like cs where your cursor will be at their feet but you'll be getting headshots.

I'm not entirely sure this is the case? I've had instances where I was shooting at a guy at some distance (~200 metres perhaps?) with an ACOG on single shot and I'm almost certain that there were bullet impacts distinctly to the left and right of my point of aim, so it wouldn't have been just a matter of zeroing. Unless the bullets are maybe inheriting any lateral movement, in which case that might have been caused by strafing? :shrug:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Why anyone drops stalber is a mystery to me.

Also gently caress the rng today.
3 drops, 3 times I get hosed over by there being 0 guns in any of the buildings i drop by.
Thanks for the level 2 helmet guys, I'll just go punch this guy with a Scar-L to death.

E: I'll stop complaining.
I just really dislike how you randomly get hosed from time to time.
E2: okay I lied. Dropped again, and it only registered my inputs for 2 second bursts, followed by 3 or so seconds of unresponsiveness. What the gently caress is even going on anymore.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 13, 2018

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Blowdryer posted:

I've been told the AK is very accurate for the first 2 shots. Kind of like CS.

The AK does 1 shot directly on target, then jumps a lot, clusters 4 more shots and then recoils wildly. That's why most people say to stick to 5 round bursts with one pull down of the mouse early in the burst.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like the AK

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I like silencers and I use them as much as I can, also tpp is great.

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
How can I sell my crates? They're locked. Do people actually buy these?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Is zeroing not a thing on the 4x scope or am I doing it wrong? I was hitting pgup/pgdown and couldn't get it to change.

Made it to top 10 last night which I think is really great for a terrible old such as myself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Speked posted:

I like silencers and I use them as much as I can, also tpp is great.

and you started off so well.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Dangerllama posted:

Is zeroing not a thing on the 4x scope or am I doing it wrong? I was hitting pgup/pgdown and couldn't get it to change.

They got rid of it a while back, 8x and 15x only now.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dangerllama posted:

Made it to top 10 last night which I think is really great for a terrible old such as myself.

You can't manually zero it, instead you have to use the markings right on the sight itself:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So here's a situation I find myself in frequently. Parachute into a city (I'm trying to learn how to survive gunfights), get lucky and kill someone/take their poo poo. The play area shrinks and I discover I need to be elsewhere in a hurry. Run around; no vehicles to be found.

Is the strategy here just to book it for 30 seconds to a minute across all manner of open space into the newly restricted play area? Or…?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

The RNG is what I like about this game. The plane path, the drop points, the loot, the vehicle spawns, the weather, the map, the circle, the red zone, and 95 other players -- the game has an almost roguelite quality to it.

Dangerllama posted:

4x scopes no longer have zeroing; they want you to use the markings on the scope. If you go back a few pages, I think someone posted a semi-recent picture guide to where your shots will land from a 5.56 weapon.

e: that's what I get for phone posting

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

Dangerllama posted:

So here's a situation I find myself in frequently. Parachute into a city (I'm trying to learn how to survive gunfights), get lucky and kill someone/take their poo poo. The play area shrinks and I discover I need to be elsewhere in a hurry. Run around; no vehicles to be found.

Is the strategy here just to book it for 30 seconds to a minute across all manner of open space into the newly restricted play area? Or…?

If you drop centre-map this isn't a problem as you generally have less distance to travel. If you drop toward the edge of the map, or get very unlucky with the circle, then you need to start looking for a vehicle early. If you've had to go a long way on foot to get into the first circle and don't have a vehicle then you're generally best off just heading in toward the centre of the second circle straight away - even if you have bad loot. If you leave things too long and don't have lots of meds or a vehicle then you're screwed (even if you get in, you had no health or loot and people are watching for easy 'late arrivers' to pick off). A lot of this game is about getting good circle placement early and knowing how to move from one circle to the next. Come to the discord channel and play with some of the more experienced goons.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Dangerllama posted:

It's all random so sometimes you end up in the circle and sometimes where you drop is far away from where the circle ends up being. Vehicles are rare though.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

How badly does everyone find the death cam / replay function affecting performance?

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Groovelord Neato posted:

and you started off so well.

And finished great.

Fpp somehow makes me dizzy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

keyframe posted:

It's all random so sometimes you end up in the circle and sometimes where you drop is far away from where the circle ends up being. Vehicles are rare though.

It's a good idea to learn where vehicles have a good chance of spawning and keep an eye out for them when you parachute in. It's something I found frustrating (and probably complained about in the old thread long ago) but it's practically second nature now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I just realized that I haven't seen an adrenaline shot in the game either in crates or on corpses for months now. Were they removed?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

I just realized that I haven't seen an adrenaline shot in the game either in crates or on corpses for months now. Were they removed?

Nope, I grabbed a couple this week.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Rex-Goliath posted:

No

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I have 450 hours in this game and have never seen an adrenaline shot.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A what?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://pubg.gamepedia.com/Adrenaline_Syringe

I think they must have made them way more rare in a beta patch several months ago because they used to be ghillie-suit rare but now I never see them but apparently they're still out there.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dangerllama posted:

You get shown the circle 5 minutes before it starts shrinking, judge how much time you have and leave early if it’s distant.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Dangerllama posted:

It gives you plenty of time to figure out if you’re in the play area or not, basically from the beginning of the game, so if you’re way out you might not want to wait around for the circle to close. Just loot for a gun and some essentials and go while the clock still has a few minutes left. Always be checking the minimap for a dotted line, that’s the simplest way to tell if you’re out, without opening the map.

Run down the closest main road and hope for a car, or go cross country if it’s faster. There is an auto run button, use that and you can check the map / play in your inventory / free view while you run.

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
I just used an adrenaline shot like 2 minutes ago, they aren't that rare.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Thanks. Yeah, I’m not really worried about figuring out whether I’m in or out. I understand the dotted line/map and how the play area shrinks. I was more curious about the strategy in getting inside a new-but-unshrunk play area without getting killed, assuming you can’t find transport. Go as soon as soon as it’s shown? Wait until you can barely beat the blue? Change priorities to finding a car at all costs? Etc.

Seems like the easiest way to get yourself killed is to be running across a kilometer of open field, which is frequently the only way to get inside the circle before it shrinks – assuming you start well outside the circle and can’t find a vehicle.

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
It's hard to give a one rule fits all answer to that, it is very dependent on the situation. This game takes a lot of experience before you make consistently good choices.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reddit link but :lol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7q5ar1/the_best_cheater_ever/

edit: non-reddit link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsJ7em9Y80

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 13, 2018

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Good to know that shower curtains are bulletproof.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I’m gonna convince all my friends silencers suck so then I can have them all to myself.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

cosmicjim posted:

I have 450 hours in this game and have never seen an adrenaline shot.

Open more crates

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Got my first kills with the groza.

It was beautiful.
:qq:

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Peewi posted:

Good to know that shower curtains are bulletproof.

Some fences on the new map are bullet proof, too. I'd tell you which ones, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Speked posted:

And finished great.

Fpp somehow makes me dizzy.

it does take some getting used to. tpp bad.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Both are bad. Game’s bad

truer words never spoken.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 14, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

it does take some getting used to. tpp bad.

Both are bad. Game’s bad

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7kemHK6mkc

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drape Culture posted:

Some fences on the new map are bullet proof, too. I'd tell you which ones, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I found a bullet proof chanlink fence. I found it because I attempted to shoot a dude through and died as he leaned and shot through a hole to dome me. loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yep I got killed in duos by a team who knew about a bulletproof fence set up prone in an alley