Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

With all this talk of manga reader sites, I just wanna mention Manga Loader (and its NSFW version).
On all sites they work on (kissmanga, and many others - see the sites on greasyfork.org that I linked to), they make it so that you don't have to worry about ads or anything else and can just scroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I've been using manga loader for a while and it's great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Weirdly doesn't seem to work on Meraki Scans yet.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DisDisDis posted:

I've been using mangago ghost hosting on clickbait article sites for so long nothing in the coming online manga apocalypse will change anything for me.

Yeah, I'd use mangago more often, except that it structures itself like an NSFW site like hitomi or nhentai that also just happens to host non-NSFW stuff to drive traffic.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Similar to dynasty, I only use it because it's where all the yaoi (nsfw and not) is. I wouldn't use it over other sites if they had the same stuff. (dynasty at least has a pretty nice reader)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Poil posted:

So... first episode of the Citrus anime. Kinda as expected. If I remember correctly the manga gets better a bit in so hopefully it will turn out good. :shobon:

I feel so terrible following Citrus, but there's a serious lack of yuri. :negative:

Sasameki Koto was good, at least.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If only there was a Shinozaki anime to save us.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like Shinozaki but I don't think it'd really help on that count.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel so terrible following Citrus, but there's a serious lack of yuri. :negative:

Sasameki Koto was good, at least.

Was it? I don't want to watch Citrus but the yuri shortage is real and the Sasameki Koto manga was good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The anime is amusing enough but stops before anything actually happens

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm reading that series about the "thorn princess" and the crossdressing boy who helps her that was posted earlier and I've just gotten to the de-wigging

really surprised how much I'm liking Micchan considering his initial appearances. Also, the brothersister rules. Really my only complaint is how Small World it feels, with coincidental happenstance and random encounters happen almost every chapter, but that's forgivable enough. Good humor, too. I'd read the first eight or so chapters when it first started being scanlated but hadn't kept up on it.

edit: botan is extremely strong. I mean she was before, but she is indefatigable

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 11, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Sasameki Koto anime had a good OP I guess? I enjoyed it more than the manga but I've never enjoyed the manga enough to finish it.

I forget what happens in Citrus but somehow I don't feel like you need to feel bad for watching Citrus.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm reading that series about the "thorn princess" and the crossdressing boy who helps her that was posted earlier and I've just gotten to the de-wigging

really surprised how much I'm liking Micchan considering his initial appearances. Also, the brothersister rules. Really my only complaint is how Small World it feels, with coincidental happenstance and random encounters happen almost every chapter, but that's forgivable enough. Good humor, too. I'd read the first eight or so chapters when it first started being scanlated but hadn't kept up on it.

edit: botan is extremely strong. I mean she was before, but she is indefatigable

I'm glad you're appreciating the strongness that is Botan :hai:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
best girl won, all is right with the world

come to think of it, this is the first series where the spunky tomboy sidekick won over the titular girl I can think of. Maybe TWGOK, but the wrong girl won in that one, so

but yeah, fun, short, cute series. really nice artwork too, though it seems like the author hasn't done much of note other than it unfortunately.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

best girl won, all is right with the world

come to think of it, this is the first series where the spunky tomboy sidekick won over the titular girl I can think of. Maybe TWGOK, but the wrong girl won in that one, so

but yeah, fun, short, cute series. really nice artwork too, though it seems like the author hasn't done much of note other than it unfortunately.

Yeah, it's quite possibly the only shounen romcom I've ever read that is actually good without the need for qualifiers (like, We Never Learn can be pretty funny/enjoyable, but it's still an endless harem series with all the bad stuff that entails).

It was pretty refreshing how the protagonist and Botan's relationship was actually the result of them enjoying spending time together and having similar hobbies, rather than just being arbitary or the result of some singular event. It was even more or less spelled out that the difference between Botan and other girl is that they had a more equal relationship, as opposed to the protagonist mostly just helping the other girl.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 11, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol there's like half a page of discussion but none of you ever said what the name of the manga is.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol there's like half a page of discussion but none of you ever said what the name of the manga is.

i don't remember what the actual name is but "thorn princess" is the closest to an official english title that i've heard

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Erg posted:

i don't remember what the actual name is but "thorn princess" is the closest to an official english title that i've heard

i googled that and mostly got yugioh as results.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I was about to say disregard because that's definitely not it lol

e: found a kissmanga link i posted a while ago

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ookami-Shounen-wa-Kyou-mo-Uso-o-Kasaneru

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Was it? I don't want to watch Citrus but the yuri shortage is real and the Sasameki Koto manga was good.

Sakurazuka posted:

The anime is amusing enough but stops before anything actually happens

Pretty much, yeah. The manga was definitely better.

Citrus is kind of weird because I enjoy almost every side character more than either of the two it actually focuses on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So the opposite problem from Kiss and a White Lily.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/ymMs5xg.mp4
PSYCHO CRUSHER!

So I took the long way around to realize that the Yurucamp mentioned earlier and the Yuru Camp on Crunchyroll were the same thing... Personally, I blame the gif.

Manga still has a visually-offensive overuse of hatching and screen tone, so I'll stick to the anime.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 12, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

visually-offensive overuse of hatching and screen tone

what is it like to be so wrong

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I hate to say it but yeah this looks really bad. It's impossible to tell what either of the backgrounds for the close up character shots is. The messy diagonal mark over the super even handed (possibly just machined? looks like digital ink to me) vertical mark looks really bad. The eraser hatching they do in places is even worse. Then there's the digital grayscale shading which I'm generally not a fan but I think is the best working thing in their art honestly. the mostly pure line stuff is just super visually confusing.
fake edit: if I go looking for the details of their hatching in this: it still looks p bad to me but big picture it's a hundred times better because the image actually makes sense with gradient shading underneath. Of course there's still dark and light vertical hatching running through the entire page because ???
If you wanna see heavily hatched nature vistas done well take a look at Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko.
fake edit edit: eugh i just noticed the screen tone on her jacket in the second pic
realedit: hakumei to mikochi is another one to look at

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 13, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So apparently there's a Koi wa Ameagari no You ni anime this season? I completely missed that. Not that I'm overly enthusiastic about it, but it's a pleasant surprise.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Never read the manga but the first ep was quite nice I thought

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Astro Ambulance posted:

what is it like to be so wrong

OW MY loving EYES

I feel the beginnings of a migrane settling in from combing through chapters, so thanks for that. The effect is not as bad as presented now because of how timg tags don't zoom an image back to its full resolution, but right-click -> open image in new tab/view image and the pulsing starts back up for me.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 13, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wolf in the House's first season just wrapped up and the last couple of chapters were quite steamy :mrgw: I'm interested to see what the new werewolves are up to, and wonder if Minsuk's ex is going to continue to be a pain in the rear end. This has some really fantastic art especially for a webtoon, and I'm going to check out Momentum (the artist's other series) next time there's a good sale on it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

:mrgw: pain in the rear end.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Citrus anime... isn't very good. As an anime adaption. Not terrible or bad but after the second episode I get the feeling that most of the problems with it are not going to be from the source material. :(

On a more positive note the first episode Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was pretty good and is worth watching if you have any interest in it at all. Also I'm very glad neither of those series feature any super squeaky awful voices from any main character.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 14, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
please explain your opinions on the citrus anime I'm interested since i didnt read the manga

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Morishima is writing more Hanjuku Joshi for Galette, and the first chapter is TL'd.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/motto_hanjuku_joshi_ch01

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All other things published in that issue suffered a serious shortage of hearts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Motto posted:

Morishima is writing more Hanjuku Joshi for Galette, and the first chapter is TL'd.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/motto_hanjuku_joshi_ch01
Forget those two, go back to the student-teacher couple.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

early onset lesbian bed death

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poil posted:

The Citrus anime... isn't very good. As an anime adaption. Not terrible or bad but after the second episode I get the feeling that most of the problems with it are not going to be from the source material. :(

How so? I'm liking the anime adaptation better than the manga at the moment since it focuses more on the comedy side of stuff. My only complaint is it taking its sweet time getting to the point where Mei's advances aren't, uh, very one sided.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kuzumi-kun aka Tonari no Seki-kun but with actual potential romance has had a couple of chapters drop recently and looks like we might finally have our B couple sooner rather than later :kimchi:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Forget those two, go back to the student-teacher couple.

The one about the roommates instead, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs over on Dynasty Scans has just finished being translated.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 14, 2018