Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Libluini posted:

A couple days ago I completed the Cybrex-chain because alien smugglers were operating on our homeworld, and were busted in a shootout. The last Cybrex-artefact had been hidden away on our capital the entire time. :v:

I've had 4 artifacts in a row spawn on the same planet, one by one, when I was really late surveying some planets and ran out of empty space. That barren rock was the homeworld to like 3 other species at one point and a major research station. Those were some very, very thorough prospectors...

The blank name bug also always seems to occur with the machine uprising as well:

Never seen this filled out correctly.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I think I've noticed that the planet modifiers mod can cause event pop ups to wig out like that.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I run the game completely vanilla. It seems that on some events the game fires off a notification before it can actually create the entities it's trying to refer to for whatever reason.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Fix your game, Groogy.

I've also noticed that some events can spawn on weird planets. I've had the old terraformer event pop on an orbital habitat, but I do play it heavily modded so I can't really say it's a bug with the game itself for certain. But it seems likely if it's a tag issue where the game doesn't differentiate a colony by its type.

Other events can end up just being annoying once you've seen it a bunch of times. For example when you get the genemod tech and your pops on a low habitability planet starts self modding the whole genocide story plays out. The reason it's annoying is that it only ever happens that one time in that one event and pops never self mod again ever.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Theoretically stuff like that should play out differently with different ethics. Not sure about that chain though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

I think I've noticed that the planet modifiers mod can cause event pop ups to wig out like that.

I've had this happen to me before in vanilla games as well

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Demiurge4 posted:

Fix your game, Groogy.

I've also noticed that some events can spawn on weird planets. I've had the old terraformer event pop on an orbital habitat, but I do play it heavily modded so I can't really say it's a bug with the game itself for certain. But it seems likely if it's a tag issue where the game doesn't differentiate a colony by its type.
That's hilarious. Some guy just dumping mutagen into the airducts.

Demiurge4 posted:

Other events can end up just being annoying once you've seen it a bunch of times. For example when you get the genemod tech and your pops on a low habitability planet starts self modding the whole genocide story plays out. The reason it's annoying is that it only ever happens that one time in that one event and pops never self mod again ever.
I've said it before but what kills me is there's all this genociding and persecution because they're ~different~, but meanwhile I've created multiple subspecies and forcibly re-engineered my entire empire twice.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So there we won a total victory in a war against a machine uprising in one of my vassal's empires...but nothing happened? The machine empire still stuck around until I declared another war and wiped them out?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of Stellaris is when you manage to land your fleet on top of theirs or visa versa and you get to watch the enemy fleet get absolutely shredded.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Splicer posted:

The game needs way more static planet buffs like Alien Pets and Betharian Stone. Most planet buffs are modifiers, and since a +10% to physics is worth more the more physics buildings you can fit on the planet it's worth more the more free tiles you have. Alien Pets and Betharian Stone are basically "This tile is two tiles" though, which is as good on a small planet as a big planet and comparatively a much bigger deal.

Absolutely. I'd love to see a balance/content pass aimed at exploration/the planet tile game. Leaders, too... Add more types, traits, etc.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd love to see more than 2 leader mandates, or just get rid of the mandate system which for some reason is entirely focused on mining bases.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I'd love to see more than 2 leader mandates, or just get rid of the mandate system which for some reason is entirely focused on mining bases.

The game just has a bunch of holdover junk left over from early dev cycles. When you find mining robots and choose the option to blow them up the reward is still an active edict that costs 1 influence per month and gives you a few credits for blowing up a mining drone fleet.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any thoughts on giving more dialogue options to empires to represent the actual power balance between the two. Being told by an empire who is significantly weaker then me, that they could crush me with ease, is funny for the first couple times but then it gets incredibly annoying.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Splicer posted:

I've said it before but what kills me is there's all this genociding and persecution because they're ~different~, but meanwhile I've created multiple subspecies and forcibly re-engineered my entire empire twice.

It would be cool if there was an event for Xenophobe empires with multiple templates of the primary species that started a civil war. Not really an uprising since both templates have full citizenship. Depending on the choices you picked it could get resolved peacefully or degrade into ethnic cleansing and you lose half your population.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Splicer posted:

When that event happened to me, I was like oh ok I'll move all the unmodded pops off planet and that'll be it, but the modded rebels started doing terrorism on themselves lmao

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Demiurge4 posted:

The game just has a bunch of holdover junk left over from early dev cycles.

Yeah like tiles

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
A wild Vaygr Warrior-Lord appears!
https://twitter.com/Dnote_Z5/status/952286246323326981

A barbarian horde to keep you occupied during the mid-game lull I guess, which Wiz eluded to in the previous dev diary.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.
More mid game stuff is always good \o/
I really hope the khan crisis has annoying hit and run tactics so we can occasionally yell Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan in frustration.

Man I am so impatient for 2.0

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nevets posted:

It would be cool if there was an event for Xenophobe empires with multiple templates of the primary species that started a civil war. Not really an uprising since both templates have full citizenship. Depending on the choices you picked it could get resolved peacefully or degrade into ethnic cleansing and you lose half your population.
It'd be super cool if gene modding was like AI rights and could trigger a genetic warfare uprising. Something like you'd have a self-modding policy you could set to:
Be what you want: Pops tend to self mod into the existing templates with the least free points that have the highest yield modifier for their current tile. They will usually duplicate the template to adjust for their current climate if none exists, and occasionally modify them further to create brand new, fairly random templates.
State-approved templates only: Each subspecies has a state-approved flag in species rights or something. Pops can freely swap into approved templates using the same rules as above, but variant templates are not created. Chance to trigger a neo-species uprising crisis.
None: Pops cannot self-mod. High chance to trigger a neo uprising.

And a state manipulation section:
None: State manipulation not allowed.
Living tools: Slaves can only be state modded, Full Citizenship are self mod only, everyone else can be both. Increases chance to trigger a slave rebellion.
Everyone: State can manipulate population at will.

All annoying/pleasing various factions etc.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Hunt11 posted:

So any thoughts on giving more dialogue options to empires to represent the actual power balance between the two. Being told by an empire who is significantly weaker then me, that they could crush me with ease, is funny for the first couple times but then it gets incredibly annoying.

Considering North Korea this sounds perfectly realistic to me.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

What is Super Kami Guru doing off Namek?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Korgan posted:

What is Super Kami Guru doing off Namek?

Turns out he makes a great fanatical purifier.

"There's an albino Blorg standing behind you. Kill it like the rest."

"Actually, I'm a human. From Earth."

"...Kill it like the rest."

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

Turns out he makes a great fanatical purifier.

"There's an albino Blorg standing behind you. Kill it like the rest."

"Actually, I'm a human. From Earth."

"...Kill it like the rest."

"did you tell him to work the shaft?"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

See? SEE? I told you it was a hat for capital words!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shugojin posted:

Can't really argue

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Why would words need hats?

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Because they’re too hot in summer

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Alien told me to take of the colossus, I told them naw, man's not hot

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So, how do you deal with awakened empires? :(

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

HardDiskD posted:

One option is always to submit to them and then break free once you've out grown them

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

HardDiskD posted:

Counterbuild hard, or get their deathball to chase a single ship around while you pillage their planets and end the war.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HardDiskD posted:

The bigger they grow, the quicker decadence sets in.

Edit: So is there anything I can do about the fact that I am still unable to contact performer troupes?

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 14, 2018

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Hunt11 posted:

Edit: So is there anything I can do about the fact that I am still unable to contact performer troupes?

That should clear up after awhile.

Also its 30 years before the rot starts to set in. Get some sensors on one of their worlds and periodically check the resource titles worked, decadence will appear eventually, but be prepared to wait for the perfect moment. Mine was the endgame crisis erupting to life. :getin:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Hunt11 posted:

Even the playing field. Kill them all.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Man I know that the odds of finding one of the really breaking modifiers on the planet modifiers mod are pretty bad but holy gently caress I just got free dark matter drawing tech and some dark matter to use with it inside the first 20 years of the goddamn game what the poo poo

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Shugojin posted:

Man I know that the odds of finding one of the really breaking modifiers on the planet modifiers mod are pretty bad but holy gently caress I just got free dark matter drawing tech and some dark matter to use with it inside the first 20 years of the goddamn game what the poo poo

Don't worry, your next neighbor will be a fanatic purifier with 3 times your fleet and 6 times your territory. The game always seems to even out the good luck like that for me.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Technical Analysis posted:

Don't worry, your next neighbor will be a fanatic purifier with 3 times your fleet and 6 times your territory. The game always seems to even out the good luck like that for me.

THE KILLBOT IMPERIUM WILL NOT BE STOPPED BY ORGANICS

e: Also I did technically find that in a sense

Except that it's three that all share borders with one another so something tells me they're gonna be stuck there a while

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 14, 2018

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Shugojin posted:

Last game one of my home type planets spawned with that 100% border extrusion and I was like ho ho ho

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I found another one this game as a 14 tile tomb world with a redundantly tomb world pref irradiated cockroachoids and when I uplifted the xenophobic advisor was like is this wise??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Do races get randomly generated in each game, or does the game only have a pool of generic races that it uses every time + your customs?

• Locked thread