Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Wow, this one second gif completely makes up for the billion dollars forever removed from human welfare creating potential.

Hahaha holy poo poo a "liberal" Romneybot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

Actually, a fiction that engages the minds of youth to pursue good things does far more good than whatever thing you would rather have spent it on.

Our days shall not be sweated from birth until life closes,
Hearts starve as well as bodies, give us bread, but give us roses.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I only saw the film once, so half of me is happy to see this again and half of me feels so stupid for not catching on sooner just by the way he looks.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
You're right, that's some pretty bad greenscreening

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

okay dude I know you have the privilege of bending rules in this thread but I don't think you get to just post a song in the Funny Pictures thread without at the very least executing on your new gimmick

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ante posted:

You're right, that's some pretty bad greenscreening

TLJ Spoiler Is it wrong to greenscreen when the character is also actually not present in the scene?

Somebody has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Jan 15, 2018

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's funny because tigers are thought of as strong and graceful, but this tiger kitten is a roly poly chubby boy. He's a round little puff ball. And he's got an upset look on his face, like he knows we're all calling him a cutsey wutsey kitty fluff. But he can't do anything about his because his lil stumpy legs don't go far enough out from his furry barrel body, so he can't do a deadly pounce like a full size tiger

so are you the delitized guy?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

steinrokkan posted:

Wow, this one second gif completely makes up for the billion dollars forever removed from human welfare creating potential.

You: Wow, that was a good movie!

Me, an intellectual: All movies are an affront to human decency.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pierce posted:

Sorry for no pic but my declawed (sorry about it now) moved from TN to FL and became an absolute killing machine. Rats, birds, lizards, whatever. And we live in an area with bobcats. He's since become an inside cat again but he had a two year run of being a homicidal maniac.

FYI I saw on Naturally, Danny Seothat by simply attaching a bell to your cat's collar he can gleefully play outside and probably not kill poo poo 24/7 because he's too noisy! Life hack!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

FYI I saw on Naturally, Danny Seothat by simply attaching a bell to your cat's collar he can gleefully play outside and probably not kill poo poo 24/7 because he's too noisy! Life hack!

Paging Brown Moses

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

steinrokkan posted:

:goonsay:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Charity donation receipts or get the gently caress out

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Last Jedi was not that good, and quoted scenes are embarrassingly bad.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Paladinus posted:

if you get embarresed while watching a movie that really says more about you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

if you get embarresed while watching a movie that really says more about you

It's called Fremdschämen.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Rough Lobster posted:

Nope. Our old cat had a bell, and she was still a VERY accomplished hunter.

And bells don't protect kitty against dogs, cars, poison and psychopaths. Really, cats are just fine indoors. They really don't care. Give them something to climb on and they're perfectly happy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Paladinus posted:

It's called Fremdschämen.

Fremdschämen would be if Luke's jedi belt broke and his jedi pants fell down, embarrassing him in front of everyone.

You're thinking of just regular old Schämen.

Now Kylo, on the other hand, manages to make an rear end of himself and get humiliated repeatedly, there you can schäm dich fremd all day.

Content:

Came across this picture again after seeing the video for "Yatta" by some Japanese business men boyband "Green Leaves" back in the early 2000s. Still gets a healthy chuckle out of me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hyperlynx posted:

Nope. Our old cat had a bell, and she was still a VERY accomplished hunter.

And bells don't protect kitty against dogs, cars, poison and psychopaths. Really, cats are just fine indoors. They really don't care. Give them something to climb on and they're perfectly happy.

Cats dont like change.
If they are used to indoors theyll stick indoors.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

It was tolerable to watch, had pretty images, and it pissed off the worst Star Wars fans in the best way. It's probably the best movie outside of A New Hope.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mind the walrus posted:

It was tolerable to watch, had pretty images, and it pissed off the worst Star Wars fans in the best way. It's probably the best movie outside of A New Hope.

It adopted the mass market, focus tested moments of goofiness that all Disney-subsidiary live actions have now. Which isnt a bad thing, but its a weird departure from the humor found in the rest of the series.

Also the real good part of the movie was the lightspeed kamikaze.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Content:

Came across this picture again after seeing the video for "Yatta" by some Japanese business men boyband "Green Leaves" back in the early 2000s. Still gets a healthy chuckle out of me.

*Sighs and punches "animutation" into YouTube search.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It was cool but doesn't really make much sense in the wider view. Why don't they strap light speed drives or whatever that is called to smaller ships and just blow poo poo up kamikaze style all the time?

doverhog has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Jan 14, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

doverhog posted:

It was cool but doesn't really make much sense in the wider view. Why don't they strap light speed drives or whatever that is called to smaller ships and just blow poo poo up kamikaze style all the time?

Because capital-scale ships like that are expensive and rare for a dwindling resistance movement. They simply cannot afford to lose them killing a mere single vessel.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Lots of ships have FTL drives, not just capital ships.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

doverhog posted:

Lots of ships have FTL drives, not just capital ships.

It's very obviously a question of mass from the damage inflicted. A little snubfighter would most likely just go splat on the shields. And even then you'd need a volunteer pilot to make a suicide run.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That is what droids are for? Also slap a FTL drive to an asteroid.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

doverhog posted:

That is what droids are for? Also slap a FTL drive to an asteroid.

Considering Holdo chose to stay back that doesn't seem like it's viable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Considering Holdo chose to stay back that doesn't seem like it's viable.

No, it's because of sloppy writing.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

it would reach an equilibrium point that would be disturbed by an engineering solution that changes the battlefield

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

But they have guns, why are they using swords???

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Only the Force sensitive use lazer swords, because the Force is magic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just as the katana is superior to gaijin swords, the Western Navy is inferior because they never used superior and honorable Nippon kamikaze tactics.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

They should try firing the midichlorians from the guns. Morans

doverhog
May 31, 2013

They should send out Treepio to shoot gold lazerbombs at the enemy. :derp:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Droids are basically a race in Star Wars so nominating them to be suicide pilots would be pretty unpalatable to the fanbase. The real question is... where are the lightshields.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

doverhog posted:

That is what droids are for?

Using droids as forced suicide bombers. Wow, that is seriously homophobic.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Droids are slaves controlled by restraining bolts and mind wipes. Some are freed slaves, but they still follow their masters around like a dog. It's not a good look.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Mezzanine posted:

I only saw the film once, so half of me is happy to see this again and half of me feels so stupid for not catching on sooner just by the way he looks.

also, luke's lightsaber was blue! and we just had a big rear end scene where that blue lightsaber blew up! kylo was so focused on his anger he missed the blindingly obvious thing waving right in front of his face.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

poop dood posted:

okay dude I know you have the privilege of bending rules in this thread but I don't think you get to just post a song in the Funny Pictures thread without at the very least executing on your new gimmick

I posted that in the wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
This thread has momentarily run off the rails. Here let us return it to the feature presentation.