Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

My hatred for the Titans has waned now that Bud is dead and will never get to see his team win a Superbowl

Bud is also responsible for the Astros losing the exploding scoreboard (he forced the city into renovating the Astrodome and getting rid of the scoreboard to put in extra seats). gently caress him extra hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SodoCNiIE

Same here. Titans sucked long enough for me to let some of it go, but mostly since Bud Adams died. I’m not rooting for a Titans super bowl win or anything but I sure as hell hope they save us from another drat Patriots/Steelers appearance.

When they start wearing oilers lookalikes for throwback jerseys and talking about “their history” it’s back to full rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Comrayn posted:

Same here. Titans sucked long enough for me to let some of it go, but mostly since Bud Adams died. I’m not rooting for a Titans super bowl win or anything but I sure as hell hope they save us from another drat Patriots/Steelers appearance.

When they start wearing oilers lookalikes for throwback jerseys and talking about “their history” it’s back to full rage.

I hope they wear some 90s throwbacks against the Texans next season

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm pretty sure going 0-3 against the Titans again would cause a me to have a complete psychological breakdown, so I can't condone it in any fashion

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Kirios posted:

If you are a Texans fan and you don't hate the Titans more than every other team combined then you're too young to remember the Oilers being swindled out of town.

gently caress the Adams family and gently caress Tennessee for letting him get away with it.

Lived through it. Would rather see a Titans sb win than the Cowboys (barely). I mostly judge who I don’t want to win a title based on how many of the slap dick fans reside in Houston and it feels like there are way more Cowboy fans than anybody else. Titans are a super close second though.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
hate on them as much as you want, the Titans are an unbeaten playoff team for another 24 hours

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Ok, this is the dumbest and most Simmons-y post I will likely ever make. I just have to get this off my chest, so here goes:

This current Jags run reminds me of the Orlando Magic 2009 playoffs. Team comes out of nowhere with a killer defense and a funky, nontraditional offense. Some experts predict they can make it far, but most write them off.

Round 1: (76ers/Bills) Dogfight against a decent, but ultimately doomed team. Sixers blew it up a few years later, Bills seem to want to.

Round 2: (Celtics/Steelers) Annoyingly successful northern team with obnoxious diaspora. Major star injured (Garnett/Brown), so built-in excuse for their team's loss. Nevermind that the Magic/Jags starting point guard/wide receiver are out.

Round 3: (Cavs/Patriots) No one gives them a chance against the GOAT. Subsequent victory contributes to said GOAT leaving in controversial fashion.

Championship: This is where the analogy falls apart. The NFC doesn't have a 09 Lakers equivalent. Maybe the Saints? Brees = Kobe, RBs = frontcourt? I dunno. I told you this was a bad post. Sorry you read it. Go Jags.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
agreed that was a bad post

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not sorry I read it :colbert: Go Jags!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

agreed that was a bad post

The worst part was assuming the Patriots would beat the Titans

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Can't bitch too much. Beat the Colts twice, beat the Jags twice, Mariota caught a TD to himself to win a playoff game. If Conklin hadn't died, this might've not turned into such a blowout against the Pats, but here we are.

It's a good start. Fire the OC, draft some defense, get back at it.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

It's a good start. Fire the OC, draft some defense, get back at it.
emptyquoting

Also, go Jags.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kinda want all the gloating Jags fans to choke on it, but at the same time, the World Must Be Saved From A Patriots-Steelers Conference Championship.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I was rooting for the Titans which did feel weird as heck

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Kinda want all the gloating Jags fans to choke on it, but at the same time, the World Must Be Saved From A Patriots-Steelers Conference Championship.

go vikings

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

go vikings

Hell yeah.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
FUCJ

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Farewell, sweet Titans, farewell.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yo Corey Davis looked loving legit tho he had three real pretty catches

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos please change my name to "Gay for Ngakoue", thanks.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You Jaguars fuckers better beat the Patriots, that's all I've gotta say.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Probably Magic posted:

Co-signed

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Probably Magic posted:

I hereby declare this post not emptyquoted

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jags fans this season have had plucky cute obnoxiousness that the Seahawks did the year they won the Super Bowl, and the brawl sealed the transfer of power.

It's happenin', is what I'm saying.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Jags to super bowl please

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Looking forward to the super bowl winning QB Bortles.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Looking forward to the super bowl winning QB Bortles.

Same, because it means the 49ers are the real super bowl winners :smug:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
DUUUUVAAAALLLL!!!11!..

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

sighs

go....jaguars....

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Holy crap, they actually did it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sweet gameplan Jags.

I hope for honorable combat next week.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

What a drat season. The Jaguars are in the dang AFCCG.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hell yeah, Jags. Go all the god drat way.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

My brain is still trying to process that we're in the AFCCG right now. Me being lit as gently caress isn't helping. Jaguars bitch.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

It’s almost 5 am here, but I still can’t sleep

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duvallllllllllllllllllllllllll

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I want to state for the record that when I type, "du," on my phone my keyboard now autocompletes DUUUUVAAAALLLL

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I move back from Seattle to Florida and immediately the Seahawks miss the playoffs and the Jags are in the AFCCG

best possible result.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
• My boss is a Pats fan.
• I'm scheduled to work next Sunday.
• This needs to change.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/AlyssaLang/status/952662345951653888

fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Beautiful

• Locked thread