Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

wintrrmute posted:

this is the correct and good take abgd IS BACK baby

What's interesting to me is that so many of the D2 changes seem to be a superficial understanding of fan feedback (better story, more "lore", cohesive flow from story, events, adventures, etc) and internal goals (simplify to grow user base)

But literally what was the goal for 4v4? if the goal was (presumably) getting the pro crowd,

1. why do they assume pros would rather 4v4 vs 6v6, given there are professional play in the 6v6 universe today?
2. how could they prioritize 4v4 over private matches / ranked play?

it just doesn't make sense fam

I'm gonna call "too much :effort: to balance" and handwaving poo poo for a dumbass to get his retard vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The goal for 4v4 was to have players connect to less people for crucible

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

hiddenriverninja posted:

The goal for 4v4 was to have players connect to less people for crucible

To be fair they succeeded

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dedicated p2p servers

Lol

Also, it still takes a good while to connect with the smaller team size.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
To be fair the connections are better than D1 and the match making times are much quicker.

Still a poo poo loving way of achieving that goal, dont get me wrong.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

wintrrmute posted:

What's interesting to me is that so many of the D2 changes seem to be a superficial understanding of fan feedback (better story, more "lore", cohesive flow from story, events, adventures, etc) and internal goals (simplify to grow user base)

But literally what was the goal for 4v4? if the goal was (presumably) getting the pro crowd,

1. why do they assume pros would rather 4v4 vs 6v6, given there are professional play in the 6v6 universe today?

1. Halo
2. V:downs:V

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
whoa just reporting in from alternate universe 2018 and

Hillary isn't a great pres but she's adequate and things are boring business as usual on the politics front

Bone Krew is going stronger than ever and the slack is run by consensus with no one taking their made up duties too seriously.

Destiny 2 PvP that's basically D1 but with dedicated servers and a reworked special ammo economy that has removed all the slot-breaking exotics and unlimited ammo specials is really fuckin good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Somebody hit the syrup hard as gently caress this morning

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm absolutely bewildered at "bone krew drama" because it looks like a bunch of 35 year old frat boys who are incoherently screaming at the bar about things their fellow alcoholics have no context for.

Also, I may or may not have submitted a paper to a legit academic press with "Moana" in it and it just made it past peer review.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm absolutely bewildered at "bone krew drama" because it looks like a bunch of 35 year old frat boys who are incoherently screaming at the bar about things their fellow alcoholics have no context for.

Also, I may or may not have submitted a paper to a legit academic press with "Moana" in it and it just made it past peer review.

I'm not bone crew but I sure am the guy screaming incoherently at the bar

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
By and large we are in our late 20s, early 30s

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

deadwing posted:

I'm not bone crew but I sure am the guy screaming incoherently at the bar

Excellent. Want to be part of our Sunday afternoon trials group?

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Insane Totoro posted:

Eric Garland level analysis here!!!!!

In this little diorama you are the Milhouse loser waiting outside the bar, forever blocked by the bouncers

In a (futile) effort to avoid being owned, you try and stop random women entering the bar, explaining frantically that actually the apex predator alpha males inside are bad and that they should hang with soft beta participant trophy soy boys

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

wintrrmute posted:

Eric Garland level analysis here!!!!!

In this little diorama you are the Milhouse loser waiting outside the bar, forever blocked by the bouncers

In a (futile) effort to avoid being owned, you try and stop random women entering the bar, explaining frantically that actually the apex predator alpha males inside are bad and that they should hang with soft beta participant trophy soy boys

This post is embarrassingly bad on every level, even an "whoa totally ironic" one. It's like picking the wrong console forever broke ya'lls brains.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
don't stare into the meme too hard lest the meme become you something something i dunno

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

What participant trophy beta boys will never understand is even if there is roasting back and forth in the krew it is underscored by a silent but knowing recognition of a fellow alpha apex predator

Like being in the weight room and benching 285lb, and the guy working in doesn’t ask you to re-rack and he doesn’t re-rack

game recognize game

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

DrNutt posted:

This post is embarrassingly bad on every level, even an "whoa totally ironic" one. It's like picking the wrong console forever broke ya'lls brains.

EVERY level

Physical level
Emotional level
Technical level

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

wintrrmute posted:

What participant trophy beta boys will never understand is even if there is roasting back and forth in the krew it is underscored by a silent but knowing recognition of a fellow alpha apex predator

Like being in the weight room and benching 285lb, and the guy working in doesn’t ask you to re-rack and he doesn’t re-rack

game recognize game

Lmao you guys are all fat fucks which is probably why when I was at Bungie Days at Pax and ABGD was talking about talking poo poo to Deej's face and being a big baller and wearing his style boyz shirt he clammed up and was like "actually I'm not wearing that." When I mentioned I was there and he should say hi if he saw me in line.

Wouldn't want to break the illusion that you guys are all actually cool fit people without serious brain problems or anything.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

DrNutt posted:

Lmao you guys are all fat fucks which is probably why when I was at Bungie Days at Pax and ABGD was talking about talking poo poo to Deej's face and being a big baller and wearing his style boyz shirt he clammed up and was like "actually I'm not wearing that." When I mentioned I was there and he should say hi if he saw me in line.

Wouldn't want to break the illusion that you guys are all actually cool fit people without serious brain problems or anything.

Oh you mean that guy I banned because he was a mentally ill prick?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Oh you mean that guy I banned because he was a mentally ill prick?

:shrug: I'm just internet poo poo talking but it kinda seems like the Bone Krew schtick has really kind of run its course. Like it used to be funny but now it just seems sad and weird.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

DrNutt posted:

:shrug: I'm just internet poo poo talking but it kinda seems like the Bone Krew schtick has really kind of run its course. Like it used to be funny but now it just seems sad and weird.

It'll blow over whenever the next content update is which is....Ah gently caress

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
im still not sure why we're always the fat guys but im just gonna roll with it at this point

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I am technically part of the bone krew and have no idea what's going on.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

im still not sure why we're always the fat guys but im just gonna roll with it at this point

Sorry it's just all the fitness boasting makes it an easy insult, nothing personal.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

wintrrmute posted:

There's an interview floating around somewhere from pre-launch that has one of the design leads talking about how the entire crucible team at Bungie told him 4v4 would be a bad idea but he had the final say and seemed really smug about it. Would be interesting to know if he still holds his position or if someone sensible has replaced him, and what his reaction to the reintroduction of 6v6 was.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

DrNutt posted:

Sorry it's just all the fitness boasting makes it an easy insult, nothing personal.

I thought your avatar was neat so I tried to find out where it came from and now Aksis-chan is in my Google history :nyoron:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

I thought your avatar was neat so I tried to find out where it came from and now Aksis-chan is in my Google history :nyoron:

I don't think you're allowed to just say something like this and then not post a link.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Always was sad and weird, tho far less than the PS4 people who have so enthusiastically and shamelessly chugged Bone Krew dick for some memes, but the individuals in Bone Krew are often very rad and do good :justpost:.

I'm retarded tho soooooo

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

DrNutt posted:

I don't think you're allowed to just say something like this and then not post a link.

You asked:

https://i.imgur.com/cEqse59.jpg

oh jeez I just realized she has no feet

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

lol i did wear the shirt and also i went with irl friends and why would I talk poo poo to deej's face that was obviously joshing around

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ive been out of the game a while, are you the same buff gay dude whos name deej tried not to read out on stream once?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

ive been out of the game a while, are you the same buff gay dude whos name deej tried not to read out on stream once?

No, that was A Buff Grey Dude

people mix that up all the time

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bobby Deluxe posted:

yeah that was me, i was playing with my non-bone krew friends that the guy currently calling me mentally ill used to ride my dick so hard to try and get carries from lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[low self esteem man who literally chugs Adderall to play a video game voice] you are the guy with mental problems

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUNKOS posted:

There's an interview floating around somewhere from pre-launch that has one of the design leads talking about how the entire crucible team at Bungie told him 4v4 would be a bad idea but he had the final say and seemed really smug about it. Would be interesting to know if he still holds his position or if someone sensible has replaced him, and what his reaction to the reintroduction of 6v6 was.

that would be lars bakken

he still has his position

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol i did wear the shirt and also i went with irl friends and why would I talk poo poo to deej's face that was obviously joshing around

Okay go ahead and make up some revisionist history now that you got called out. I know that it's really important that you guys cling to your identity as cool swole dudes too cool 4 school but yeah the meme abyss has looked back into you or whatever.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/csODbII.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

It really has. I basically invented it as a joke because the Xbox version of destiny was so loving gimped and the xbox was kinda in a lovely spot relative to the playstation in terms of player count and features and poo poo, so it was aggressive posturing to be patently absurd. Also it made the old thread OP really loving mad lmao.

DrNutt posted:

Okay go ahead and make up some revisionist history now that you got called out. I know that it's really important that you guys cling to your identity as cool swole dudes too cool 4 school but yeah the meme abyss has looked back into you or whatever.

yeah while for the most part it was great for calling out people who took console wars seriously, it went to some of our peoples' heads, what can I say. Also you don't have to believe me about the shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also it made the old thread OP really loving mad lmao.

the good old days