Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I haven't played this game since probs sept/oct and reinstalling it now. Anything I should know or add to my launch options to help with the inconsistent performance that I remember this game having?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tetramin posted:

I haven't played this game since probs sept/oct and reinstalling it now. Anything I should know or add to my launch options to help with the inconsistent performance that I remember this game having?

Remove all previous launch options and settings, the performance has increased a lot since then and any old stuff you have going on will probably cause problems.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I'm still pretty bad at this game but at least I now somewhat consistently can get a couple kills at the beginning of the game.

Finally got myself to switch over to FPP which I like better besides the driving. Hopefully I get used to it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Has anyone else noticed a decrease in Fps while dropping in duos or squads as opposed to solo?

I just realized today that that was happening, and it might explain why i have a much harder time spotting things while playing with my buddy.
I'm still bad at the game either way, but I'm definitively worse when playing duos (according to my rankings)
E: my buddy and I also use Skype to chat

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 14, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in Fps while dropping in duos or squads as opposed to solo?

I just realized today that that was happening, and it might explain why i have a much harder time spotting things while playing with my buddy.
I'm still bad at the game either way, but I'm definitively worse when playing duos (according to my rankings)
E: my buddy and I also use Skype to chat

swap to discord its way better

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

These new crates are great! The game just gave me :10bux::10bux: this weekend.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of stuff that might or not have been removed, have they removed fog/rain weather on Erangel?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Elentor posted:

Speaking of stuff that might or not have been removed, have they removed fog/rain weather on Erangel?

Yes, they removed it when Miramar was added, though it's apparently still available in Custom games and they've said it'll be coming back (in tweaked form) at some point.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The glitches and bugs in this game are maddening. I'm counting down the days until a developer with a clue released a BR game worth playing.

daslog fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 14, 2018

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

daslog posted:

The glitches and bugs in this game are maddening. I'm counting down the days until a developer with a clue released a BR game worth playing.

My friend, this is it. No developer with a clue will be able to design and build a BR game that is 1) good and 2) doesn't have superfluous poo poo ruining it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I see people say that stuff but at this point I play at least three to four matches a game and rarely run into any glitches or bugs, at least none that affect my gameplay in any meaningful way. I play fpp if that makes any sort of a difference.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I frequently load into game, have noises and controls, and a black loading screen for visuals. I can even tell when the plane is flying and have tried to box with a friend of mine, while blind, based on our footstep noises.

Also within the past few times I've gone to Hacienda, it didn't fully load until I was inside and suddenly a pool table loaded into me and I was clipping inside of it and stuck.

The game is coming along but it still needs a lot of work.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Magres posted:

I frequently load into game, have noises and controls, and a black loading screen for visuals. I can even tell when the plane is flying and have tried to box with a friend of mine, while blind, based on our footstep noises.

Also within the past few times I've gone to Hacienda, it didn't fully load until I was inside and suddenly a pool table loaded into me and I was clipping inside of it and stuck.

The game is coming along but it still needs a lot of work.

do you have enough ram, is the game on an SSD

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I have 16 gb ram, game is not on an SSD because I don't have one.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Before anyone says "well then get an SSD," having the game be on an SSD as a requirement to have a functional play experience is beyond stupid.

Also, one of my frequent squad has his on an SSD and it doesn't matter, he gets black screen bullshit regularly still.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Magres posted:

Before anyone says "well then get an SSD," having the game be on an SSD as a requirement to have a functional play experience is beyond stupid

As stupid as it may be, that’s the way it is.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

For me it's not so much major glitches so much as a general jankiness and unreliability. For comparison, if I play R6: Siege, everything is crisp and reliable. I press the grenade button, the grenade flies out right away where I want it to. If shoot a guy in the face, he drops dead. I jump through a window, I know exactly when and where I will land on the other side. Meanwhile in Pubg, things tend to be floaty and unreliable. People sort of slide around awkwardly when moving, picking things up or opening doors is something of a crapshoot, even the aiming and shooting often feels slightly delayed. The main problem I have is that when I see an enemy, even when I'm in a relatively good position, it's really difficult to gauge whether that's a fight I can win. Might be I can just put him down with a solid burst or two, or maybe my bullets do whatever the gently caress they feel like and he can just scamper off into cover. Maybe I can quickly flank through that building and blast them in the back with a shotgun, or maybe I get stuck on something forever and/or the shotgun does next to nothing. Even when I do successfully kill people it often doesn't feel so much like a solid victory based on my actions but rather like a coin toss that happened to go my way. :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

As stupid as it may be, that’s the way it is.

It's also an indicator that the game is still a flaming trash heap in a lot of ways and needs a ton of work

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Magres posted:

Before anyone says "well then get an SSD," having the game be on an SSD as a requirement to have a functional play experience is beyond stupid.

Also, one of my frequent squad has his on an SSD and it doesn't matter, he gets black screen bullshit regularly still.

having a cable connection rather than 56k as a requirement to have a functional play is experience is beyond stupid

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Magres posted:

Welcome to PUBG development, where "beyond stupid" is our goal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
That's all pretty fascinating but generally seems far beyond the norm for me or anyone I've played with in the discord.

My little bro who doesn't have an SSD sometimes has an issue with textures not loading in right away but that's about it.

Like it sucks that people are experiencing crippling glitches but for most people the game seems to work well enough.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Magres posted:

you should've already had an ssd for years at this point. still crazy to me that there are people with pcs that aint got ssds in them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah the game loaded well enough on my 5400 RPM laptop HDD. I would occasionally loose out some early parachuting seconds as the game loaded after the plane flew into the map.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Actually now that I think about it, I load fine onto Erangel (usually with enough time to gently caress around in the lobby for a good while), it's just Miramar that causes problems.

I honestly wonder what's up w/ that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Magres posted:

Actually now that I think about it, I load fine onto Erangel (usually with enough time to gently caress around in the lobby for a good while), it's just Miramar that causes problems.

I honestly wonder what's up w/ that

Sounds like your PC has developed artificial intelligence and is trying to save you from a bad map.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
an ssd is 50 bucks at this point

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
An ssd you say.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ssdeez nuts

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

an ssd is 50 bucks at this point

This game is too buggy for paying $50 on top of the game's price to be really reasonable.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Beamed posted:

This game is too buggy for paying $50 on top of the game's price to be really reasonable.

If you think that's bad wait till you find out you need the rest of a pc as well to play.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Beamed posted:

You sound like you should own an Xbox One or Two.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
The Crossbow is the most satisfying weapon to get a kill with holy heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU3oY7eZaE4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Magres posted:

It's also an indicator that the game is still a flaming trash heap in a lot of ways and needs a ton of work

I don’t think they’re going to figure out a way to load the entire map into RAM, there’s always going to be a negative experience using slower drives, and this experience isn’t exclusive to PUBG.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VulgarandStupid posted:

The Xbox One, just Xbox at the time, and the Xbox Two, aka the Xbox 360 were both pretty great consoles with rad games so this checks out.

I made a thing: https://youtu.be/Vx-kvnGHMaY

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 14, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Why are people so against buying an SSD for their pc, jesus. Having a PC with windows installed on an SSD is so loving awesome. It must be because they haven't experienced it right?
The 50$ to get an SSD is not for PUBG, it's to get a freaking SSD because they rock. That it helps with PUBG is just a bonus. Get an SSD is what I'm saying. Do it for yourself. You are worth it.

Even though my PC is something like 2 or 3 years old by this point I still get exited every time I power it up since it boots so fast.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 14, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Why are people so against buying an SSD for their pc, jesus. Having a PC with windows installed on an SSD is so loving awesome. It must be because they haven't experienced it right?
The 50$ to get an SSD is not for PUBG, it's to get a freaking SSD because they rock. That it helps with PUBG is just a bonus. Get an SSD is what I'm saying. Do it for yourself. You are worth it.

Even though my PC is something like 2 or 3 years old by this point I still get exited every time I power it up since it boots so fast.

I went from a 5400 RPM laptop HDD to a 960 EVO as my boot disk and it had been the least impactful hardware change from mediocre laptop to high-end desktop.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I went from a 5400 RPM laptop HDD to a 960 EVO as my boot disk and it had been the least impactful hardware change from mediocre laptop to high-end desktop.

This makes me thing you didn’t actually plug it in and are not using it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

B-Mac posted:

This makes me thing you didn’t actually plug it in and are not using it.

No, its most definitely my boot drive. I didn't have any issues waiting for a few seconds every now and the before, it was the perfect time to shitpost from phone.

If anything it's worse now since I can no longer finish a smoke while the game loads.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I have an SSD and all that, but defending PUBG being a broken mess because "dumb console gamers!!" is really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone else who got that BP redemption popup saying you'll get stuff but hasn't gotten anything yet?