Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Anyway... if I wanted T4 and T5 as a bonus to the other three kinds, farming the story is still a great idea, I assume?

Generally, the best place to farm all Crysts simultaneously is the 75 NRG route of story events, while the best place for T1-3s only is the 15 NRG route and the best place for T4s is either of the 90 NRG routes. However, the 15/75 NRG routes are going to be either Power/Guard/Support/Tech or White/Black/Green/Healing crysts each event, and there's nothing you can do to change that except pray that Gumi makes those routes for the colors of crysts you want. This time around we got the shaft and both 15/75 routes are WBGH crysts.

So this time around, you're better off running the Chamber if you're looking for mostly T1-3s with a dash of T4 in terms of PGTS colors. Just run it with someone using the Raven Cape and Pod, or a Xon + Locke. Apparently multiple Xons/Capes and Lockes/Pods don't stack but I think it takes the strongest buff you have (Cape is 100% vs. Xon's 50%, same with Pod vs. Locke).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Would Xon or Locke with both a Pod and Cape work?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Would Xon or Locke with both a Pod and Cape work?

Yes, since the bonuses on each are different. Pod/Locke affect Normal drops while Cape/Xon affect Rare drops. In the chamber of gems, Normal drops are T1-2s and Rare drops are T3-4s.

Edit:
However it might not matter if you use Xon or Locke or any other unit if you use a Pod and a Cape, since people have said the Chamber only accounts for one buff. From what I've seen running the Chamber last week, it seems like the Chamber will take the strongest buff you have into account.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 13, 2018

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dont pull on this banner and pull on the FFIX if you want bonus units to farm with. Neither Beatrix or Eiko are worth pulling hard for unless you are really hurting for a hybrid damage finisher or summoner.

I actually do want Beatrix, but mostly on account of FFIX being one of my all-time favs. Bonus points if she's actually worth it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I actually do want Beatrix, but mostly on account of FFIX being one of my all-time favs. Bonus points if she's actually worth it.

Unfortunately she's not. Her most damaging ability is hybrid damage and in order to get the most out of her she needs to be using a sword and a great sword but doesn't have innate dual wield. Her abilities don't have any synergy either, she can make an enemy weak to light but doesn't have an innate light attack, but does have a lightning attack. She has some white magic but not enough to make her worth a support slot. So basically she's worse than Orlandeau+ when it comes to damage and her healing isn't strong/broad enough to make her a 2nd support character.

Still pulling because Beatrix.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Speaking of awakening abilities, do Luka and Wilhelm have abilities I should awaken right away if I can? They're the only mons I use regularly with abilities to awaken. I also have a regular Roselia and one in Santa gear. She seems like a good healer too. The mats seem way annoying to get and I don't want to waste them on bunk.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Speaking of awakening abilities, do Luka and Wilhelm have abilities I should awaken right away if I can? They're the only mons I use regularly with abilities to awaken. I also have a regular Roselia and one in Santa gear. She seems like a good healer too. The mats seem way annoying to get and I don't want to waste them on bunk.

Wilhelm definitely wants the Protector and Impregnable enhancements. General's Command is also nice if you don't have a stronger def/spr buff.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately she's not. Her most damaging ability is hybrid damage and in order to get the most out of her she needs to be using a sword and a great sword but doesn't have innate dual wield. Her abilities don't have any synergy either, she can make an enemy weak to light but doesn't have an innate light attack, but does have a lightning attack. She has some white magic but not enough to make her worth a support slot. So basically she's worse than Orlandeau+ when it comes to damage and her healing isn't strong/broad enough to make her a 2nd support character.

I've actually been farming a couple of Dual Wields on account of having half a dozen Zidanes lying around I want to shove off already and because so many units seem to need it to stay competitive.

Can't do much about her lack of synergy, other than maybe hand her a Lightbringer and an Excalibur.

But goddammit! It's Beatrix and I'm still bitter about not being able to keep her in my FFIX party when I was a kid!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Both healing Awakenable moves are good investments for Luka, especially since Healing crysts aren't exactly used all that often. Her passive can be skipped though, there's probably better things to use T4/5 Support crysts on than a minor HP/refresh boost.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

She's a better base Orlandeau, ignoring enhancements (because she doesn't have any yet).

Her version of holy explosion (which I don't believe chains with regular holy explosion since it's 8 hit, not 7?), is slightly stronger (425% versus 400%), and if you do equip her with a sword and Excalibur starts off with +100% ATK from passives compared to +70% for Orlandeau. Her break is opposite to Orlandeau, DEF/SPR instead of ATK/MAG, is -45% instead of 40% and is AOE instead of single target. She comes with much better base resistances (Paralyze/Confuse/Petrify immunity), and actually has a support suite (single target full Raise and Esuna I guess).

Obviously, Orlandeau pulls ahead due to actually having enhancements, but it's hopefully fair to assume she's going to gain at least some goodies when enhanced unless Gumi hates her.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ya know, I was thinking, "What character could they add to FFBE that would probably make me whale out?", and only one comes to mind... :human being:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Ya know, I was thinking, "What character could they add to FFBE that would probably make me whale out?", and only one comes to mind... :human being:

Quit your crying.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think Beatrix is one of the few units that chains with enhanced Aileen, which would be really nice

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

I think Beatrix is one of the few units that chains with enhanced Aileen, which would be really nice

Not perfectly, Beatrix has a wonky animation for her chain ability which means she doesn't perfect chain with anyone, not even herself

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not perfectly, Beatrix has a wonky animation for her chain ability which means she doesn't perfect chain with anyone, not even herself

Well, no one chains perfectly with enhanced Aileen until 6* Camille as far as I can tell. Which sucks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No, I mean, as bad as Aileen has it she still chains with herself perfectly as long as your characters are in the right spot. Beatrix is hosed since she cant even chain with herself.

Unless enhancements or global does something to fix her timings then she's not meant to chain. She's a support finisher like Noctis that has an imperil instead of a larger range of breaks and without a high tier bard level buff on a limit.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Getting around to Sheratan and had a few questions on getting through the first 50%. What's a good plan without Ayaka or Tillith? I kinda got lucky my first try with Wilhelm (tank), Soleil(buff/debuff), Ace(mana regen/pod damage reduction), Rem (heal), and Emporer (dps). I got it to 49% and was ready to kill it with a Barbie and Shant Tornado chain, capped by an Evo'd up Garnet Bahamut, but lo and behold I never filled the esper bar. Did it again but got worn down trying to fill the Esper bar.

So I guess the big things are:

1.) Which tank/gear/rotation? I have all of them other than WNK
2.) Cryst generation? Emperor can toast him quick with FFB, but that does poo poo for orbs
2a.) I know I can use Garnet's LB to fill the bar, but not sure how to keep her up if she's filled with 4 +10% Evo materia
3.) Healing? I have Rem's stuff awakened and she can put out probably 5.5k worth of healing with dual Cures, but as I said, it doesn't keep up with the damage
3a.)Guessing some kind of Rikku cheese? Not sure my tank will be up long enough for her to charge her LB to raise him though

Have every 4* of note (except Tillith of course) with 2 pods, 1 pouch, and that Dragon from the raids TM. Other 5* bases that could be helpful: Marie, Cid, and TT

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I would imagine stacked (enhanced) Emperor can just single round nuke a fruit can’t he? Just power through with your Ace, get stabilized and work up the esper bar from there if you can’t keep from killing her before the transition?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Getting around to Sheratan and had a few questions on getting through the first 50%. What's a good plan without Ayaka or Tillith? I kinda got lucky my first try with Wilhelm (tank), Soleil(buff/debuff), Ace(mana regen/pod damage reduction), Rem (heal), and Emporer (dps). I got it to 49% and was ready to kill it with a Barbie and Shant Tornado chain, capped by an Evo'd up Garnet Bahamut, but lo and behold I never filled the esper bar. Did it again but got worn down trying to fill the Esper bar.

So I guess the big things are:

1.) Which tank/gear/rotation? I have all of them other than WNK
2.) Cryst generation? Emperor can toast him quick with FFB, but that does poo poo for orbs
2a.) I know I can use Garnet's LB to fill the bar, but not sure how to keep her up if she's filled with 4 +10% Evo materia
3.) Healing? I have Rem's stuff awakened and she can put out probably 5.5k worth of healing with dual Cures, but as I said, it doesn't keep up with the damage
3a.)Guessing some kind of Rikku cheese? Not sure my tank will be up long enough for her to charge her LB to raise him though

Have every 4* of note (except Tillith of course) with 2 pods, 1 pouch, and that Dragon from the raids TM. Other 5* bases that could be helpful: Marie, Cid, and TT

I used EV (provoke/AoE earth ward) with a Charlotte cover and I don't remember anyone else taking damage during the first phase.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Managed to barely beat the raid on pro with all the neat stuff I got lately. Barbariccia landed a few clutch counters to finish it off as the only one alive.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you put a Black Belt on a tank like WoL he will generate a lot of LB crysts, tank the hits, and mostly heal himself afterwards.

I haven't attempted Sheritan since before I got my Ayaka and Mystea, so it's been a while but Black Belt + WoL is a winning combination in my book.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Managed to barely beat the raid on pro with all the neat stuff I got lately. Barbariccia landed a few clutch counters to finish it off as the only one alive.

Grab my friend code off the spreadsheet, I've got a solo carry up, every time he's up, you can have him do elite for you.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Had to get lucky now.

This morning my 1/2 is the lovely new ninja with the "like Noctis', but not-tis" TMR (that I am still farming right now because BIS or not, what a handy item to have for my team - always needing more Atk and Mag accessories)

Tonight my last ticket is a rainbow! ... on the King's Knight banner, where I am still trying for my first Kaliva. I'm thinking "please not Ray Jack" when I see the beautiful rainbow come down, but no amount of wishing stopped him from being in it.

At least his TMR is fine IMO, 40% Atk without conflicting with other mastery materia or weapon slots. I use A2 and Orlandeau often, ergo I can make good use of this. In fact since I was pretty enthusiastic about raid participation this go-around I had the moogles ready and it got my A2 right to the 300% cap finally. Now even just with Durandal still she's at 1132 Atk, 6677 life, 427 Def and 183 Spr. :shrug:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 14, 2018

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So for more amazing gumi/alim programming, someone found that if you kill CG lasswell right as he uses his limit, his skill unlocks get passed on to someone else.
I went and tested it at the training dummy, and it seems to work with any buff or skill unlock.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Tengames posted:

So for more amazing gumi/alim programming, someone found that if you kill CG lasswell right as he uses his limit, his skill unlocks get passed on to someone else.
I went and tested it at the training dummy, and it seems to work with any buff or skill unlock.

This requires further exploit- testing!

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

I also have a DV up who can carry the raid ELT. My ID is 364 859 209

If you haven't done the Dark Esper trial yet I can set up DV to do that as well.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just did my daily (another Ohga) and then decided to throw 500 lapis at a single to try to get a Kaede for more chocobo action and pulled a CG Lasswell. Because of course I do. 11-pull I did yesterday? Nothing. YOLO single? Rainbow.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This requires further exploit- testing!

Gladly! test results:
You know how in ff6, shadow's interceptor was basically a modified status effect, and though a specific skill, could give that status effect to another party member? I *think* it's the same thing here. It looks like, all moves that unlock/grant another move are just self buffs that give the unit the ability, and this glitch involves the unit using a self buff after being killed, so the game's coding goes "well that unit's dead, gotta find another target" and picks a random party member to apply the buff too.

which unit recives the buff is random, unless only one unit is left alive, then its that one. it is not effected by provokes either innate, 100% or otherwise. If all units are dead/hiding/in the air, then the caster's corpse gets buffed.
The glitch can be combined with rikku's LB to revive everyone after performing the trick, though the surviving unit will need to rebuff everyone.

this works with any buff, or ability that unlocks more abilities.

it even works with noctis's warp strike, granting point blank-warp strike to a random person, and he can use it the very turn you do the glitch.

using Trance terra's buff skill wont give the 0 mp chaos wave, but using the glitch while she casts that 0 mp chaos wave gives the other unit awakened chaos wave for the rest of the battle, giving her a chaining partner.

this does not transfer over abilities from combo systems, like soleil's dances or prishe's combo system. However, The Prishe special is an unlocked ability, and can be transfered over.

Damage stacks from abilities that power up from each use transfer over. Will have to see if i can abuse this with emperor's fire from below...as soon as rem comes back from the expedition.

is this exploitable? Not likely by most people. It's a lot of setup and killing party members just to stick a skill on a unit that shouldn't have it. additionally, although Rikku can make everyone autorevive, you need some way to rebuff everyone so they survive, unless its a 10 unit trial, then you could just swap out the corpses next turn. You could just leave everyone alive, and then reset the app until the unit you want to get the buff recives it by random chance. There's probably a hilarious setup where you give Rem Emperor's fire from below stacks, which then combine with her dual wield and killers to just absolutely wreck a boss in one shot.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 14, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I got up to 6,250 lapis, did a daily draw. gently caress off and die, Sice.

Still haven't had an on banner pull in this banner and I've had the worst run I think anyone may have ever had for on banner pulls since the Christmas banner.

EDIT: I think I'm done with event banners/daily draws and will just stick to pulling on the Rare Summon banner.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 14, 2018

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Armitage posted:

I got up to 6,250 lapis, did a daily draw. gently caress off and die, Sice.

Still haven't had an on banner pull in this banner and I've had the worst run I think anyone may have ever had for on banner pulls since the Christmas banner.

EDIT: I think I'm done with event banners/daily draws and will just stick to pulling on the Rare Summon banner.

if youre hunting for dupe 5* then the generic rare banner is propably the best option.
that said we don't know what global exclusives we'll get in the next few months, so might as well save tickets after king's knight is done.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Tengames posted:

if youre hunting for dupe 5* then the generic rare banner is propably the best option.
that said we don't know what global exclusives we'll get in the next few months, so might as well save tickets after king's knight is done.

I do save tickets for KM events as I like to get enough bonus units to get what I plan to get as soon as possible, so I'll hold onto at least a few tickets. It's just so depressing lately with the rate of pulling actual on banner units. I think I only got maybe one Gilbert in the entire Christmas event.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Six gold crystals on the Kings Knight banner, every time denying my dragon bro. Then one more occurs, turning to rainbow.

Well poo poo, is Veritas of Fire still king of happy ending mountain?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

WebDO posted:

Six gold crystals on the Kings Knight banner, every time denying my dragon bro. Then one more occurs, turning to rainbow.

I mean it's a lot better than Ray Jack let me tell you

I did get a dragon at least, but I sure would like one Kaliva to try some stuff on GLS / be ready for the next gently caress-you-dolphins meta shift

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

next mama chocobo den that comes out in story lets you buy the best non-elemental axe with a built in beast killer, which will be a godsend for non-fixed dice builds of him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ogha seems really fun. Provoking, all kinds of weird random counterattacks and buffs/debuffs for both magic and physical... just gotta make sure he has the HP to tank it all.

Sure, he's no Demon Rain, but is Demon Rain metal? Does Demon Rain headbang for his limit break?

No. No, Demon Rain does not.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

I also have a DV up who can carry the raid ELT. My ID is 364 859 209

If you haven't done the Dark Esper trial yet I can set up DV to do that as well.

Thanks! I sent you a request too.

Now I feel weak and unimpressive.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ogha seems really fun. Provoking, all kinds of weird random counterattacks and buffs/debuffs for both magic and physical... just gotta make sure he has the HP to tank it all.

Sure, he's no Demon Rain, but is Demon Rain metal? Does Demon Rain headbang for his limit break?

No. No, Demon Rain does not.

He's even more metal than that.

"Inflict berserk (ATK +420%) for 3 turns to caster"

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Thanks! I sent you a request too.

Now I feel weak and unimpressive.

Added. You'll get there eventually. All this talk about future 7* power creep got me remembering the March Ifrit raid, which I think was the first that required a full 6* team and even then I couldn't do it without NinjaD's Lightning carry.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

Added. You'll get there eventually. All this talk about future 7* power creep got me remembering the March Ifrit raid, which I think was the first that required a full 6* team and even then I couldn't do it without NinjaD's Lightning carry.

That was amazing, nothing like a carry that takes almost an hour to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

I finally got a set of 5 units to 6*/lv100 at least.

• Locked thread