Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Zangief is very good tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He fears no horizontally based kick attack

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
https://youtu.be/E-7dG_N-g0w?t=57

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

He fears no horizontally based kick attack

why did this make me laugh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ryoga posted:

I know for a fact that I did not pay for Kum.

Very sorry sir

*takes your plate back to the kitchen*

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

why did this make me laugh

he has no style
he has no grace
he fears no horizontally based kick attacks

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm so glad that Gief has a HAKBA Counter now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Srk successor forum name found

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Not sure if posted already, but full showcase of all new Vtriggers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTvYRclqtE

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mega Comrade posted:

Not sure if posted already, but full showcase of all new Vtriggers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTvYRclqtE

...why is the shinryuken trigger not an anti-air

i'm offended and appalled

edit: oh my god cammy is an anime now

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 14, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm the Juri special drain that was going slower than the amount that was being built up by being hit by the vtrigger combo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cant wait to get yolo dp'd by ken against the top of the screen for 4 straight seconds every round

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I'm the Ken DP that lost to the Chun-Li jump in 2 times, and traded on the 3rd.

The trade was actually in his favor, but still made me laugh

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

That's about as much as I'm gonna eek out. Get me Ryu but a girl, Ed but a girl, Laura but a guy, and Gay Disco Abraham Lincoln.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Ken vt2 legit looks good if they're adding lingering hurtboxes for heavies and mediums.

How many times do you see cammy whiffing cr.hp or abigail whiffing st.hp right in someone's face, and the other guy doesn't even try to hit them after it. Dumb as hell.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

How many times do you see cammy whiffing cr.hp or abigail whiffing st.hp right in someone's face, and the other guy doesn't even try to hit them after it. Dumb as hell.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mega Comrade posted:

Its dumb how like half of them are "parry with a counter built in" but Akumas looks loving sick

Edit: Also whats the deal with cammys VT2 animation, yeesh

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 15, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Vega's VT2 looks boring and the animation is bad and it doesn't make sense for the character either.
At least his VT1 made sense cause it was a fast fullscreen poke, basically.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why is zeku's just a special move?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So what's the Over/Under on Arcade Edition? Is it the shot in the arm SFV needed? I wonder if this will be the thing that brings people back into the game.

Also, can someone reccommend me some quick ways to build up Fight Money? I am currently at 58,000 and I finished story mode, and I'd like to quickly get 40,000 more to purchase Sakura when she comes out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did you do both story modes? Standard is 30,000 and beating it once unlocks expert difficulty of it for 50,000 more.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Did you do both story modes? Standard is 30,000 and beating it once unlocks expert difficulty of it for 50,000 more.

Oh poo poo! I'll get on that! Thanks!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

So what's the Over/Under on Arcade Edition? Is it the shot in the arm SFV needed? I wonder if this will be the thing that brings people back into the game.

no

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Also, can someone reccommend me some quick ways to build up Fight Money? I am currently at 58,000 and I finished story mode, and I'd like to quickly get 40,000 more to purchase Sakura when she comes out.

it'll probably make them a fair bit of money and fans again but the playerbase injection will def take a solid nosedive the following week when DBfighterZ comes out.

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone remembers this, right?

Laura's model is so loving egregious in both ingame and story art even compared to the rest of the women that it borders on clownishly bad

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Al-Saqr posted:

Playing the story of each character is very quick FM if you skip cutscenes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Futuresight posted:

Playing the story of each character is very quick FM if you skip cutscenes.

just did this, made enough to absolutely buy sakura when she releases, thanks!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would have almost played AE if it wasn't for DBFZ, yeah.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/952540826743144448

Well, at least we know she's not an idol.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I like that her brother doesn't even care that Sakura can do all this crazy fireball energy garbage nope it's back to my videogames

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

just did this, made enough to absolutely buy sakura when she releases, thanks!

You can mash through all of the demonstrations and get a ton of fight money for literally nothing as well

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's very funny to me that half the runtime of the VT2 showcase is just them loving up the execution and eating poo poo

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

It's probably too soon to ask this, but have they made the normals in AE any less stubby?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Partial Octopus posted:

It's probably too soon to ask this, but have they made the normals in AE any less stubby?

kolin's normals are less stubby with VT2 now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The real question is are you prepared for a week of Sakura mirror matches

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CharlestonJew posted:

It's very funny to me that half the runtime of the VT2 showcase is just them loving up the execution and eating poo poo

As dumb as a lot of the new stuff is, I'm pretty sure that's just there to show you how it can/can't be used. Like Ken's VT2 he eats a jump in a couple times to show it doesn't have good/any invincibility

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

When doing trials, is it better to stop when you think you've made an error, or to power through to get all the button presses?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

When doing trials, is it better to stop when you think you've made an error, or to power through to get all the button presses?

Whatever works. I practice each part separately and then put them together and restart if i drop

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

hiddenriverninja posted:

For long combos I usually take them one step at a time.

First two moves until I can do them without a problem.
Then add the next move until I can do first three without issues.
Then four.
Then five.
Etc.

I find it easier to build muscle memory that way.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

hiddenriverninja posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunking_(psychology)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

I mean, they increased the range on Ryu's cmk at least apparently?

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/952642674909220866?s=09