Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
There's a difference between pity and kindness, Covok. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There's a difference between pity and kindness, Covok. :colbert:

That may be true, but I still won the contest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

That may be true, but I still won the contest.

You encouraged Mearls and that is something that should hound you forever

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Today I found out that Covok is the reason D&D Next exists.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Man, I didn't realize I could get paid for fanboyishly @ing Avery Alder.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

How do I speedrun through someone's homemade campaign so that we can rotate GMs to someone who's not as inflexible or oblivious to the social conceits of gathering to play a game?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Moriatti posted:

How do I speedrun through someone's homemade campaign so that we can rotate GMs to someone who's not as inflexible or oblivious to the social conceits of gathering to play a game?

Play a character who has a good chance of collateral-killing the party with full deniability.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Moriatti posted:

Kill the GM if you're not a pussy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Break his ego as hard as possible, then rebuild him into a proper GM.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Break his ego as hard as possible, then rebuild him into a proper GM.

Break his neck as hard as possible.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
start your own game and invite the other players but not the gm

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm nice to devs online for free :smugwizard:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Ettin posted:

i follow your twitter and you are a dev so that's a lie :colbert:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Ettin posted:

If we're nice to you online what kind of poo poo do we get

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ettin posted:

If I say nice things about you, can I get a physical copy of the original Breakfast Cult? You know, the one before the kickstarter that is objectively less playtested, has less content, and stolen art and is, overall, a worse product?

Edit: judging from the response, I think people think I'm trying to be mean to Ettin. I'm just making a joke about being nice to devs for a reward.

Covok fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 14, 2018

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A couple years ago, someone posted a thread in this forum about a time-travelling RPG. It was specifically about time travel, had mechanics how to deal with time shifts, plus combat that might include time travel as well. Maybe. Not sure about the last one. Anyway, I think it was out of print, and the OP provided a PDF that might have been just scanned in pages. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Because I lost my PDF and would like to read it again.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(role-playing_game)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Yep, that's it. ta

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Covok posted:

If I say nice things about you, can I get a physical copy of the original Breakfast Cult? You know, the one before the kickstarter that is objectively less playtested, has less content, and stolen art and is, overall, a worse product?

what

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Covok posted:

Don't you have some southerners to call "mongoloids that deserve to be murdered"?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

So what's evwryone's policies on takebacks in games?

My general goto is Mage Knight's "allow unless new information is revealed".

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm being funny. I have a physical copy of the new, post Kickstarter Breakfast Cult. It's a good game, and has all the content of the original contest version but with better art and support and even more content. There's no reason why anyone would ever want the original contest version in a physical format.

Thus, requesting it would be funny.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Question:
Is there a Lasers&Feelings variant set in classical errol flynn style-pirates? Or any other quick, easy and dirty pirate-themed rpg you can learn in less than 20mins?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Don't you have some southerners to call "mongoloids that deserve to be murdered"?
what

Covok
May 27, 2013

During the Alabama senate election between pedophile candidate Roy Moore and Democratic candidate Doug Jones, I said some...angry things about Alabama when I thought Moore was going to win.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Covok posted:

During the Alabama senate election between pedophile candidate Roy Moore and Democratic candidate Doug Jones, I said some...angry things about Alabama when I thought Moore was going to win.

I didn't know they had a party. That explains a lot.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

Certainly makes American politics make more sense when you make the connection.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Moriatti posted:

Mostly same, though I'm a bit lenient when the alternative is someone just having a lovely time in a group setting. I've never had anyone take advantage of that as far as I know, but there have been times I've needed to say like "no sorry this game of Keyflower is going to take 3 hours if we keep backtracking, and it's not like everyone else has made perfect plays anyway so just deal."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Moriatti posted:

In RPGs, Yes "if the intent or the stakes were misstated". Which is 100% of the time someone asks for a takeback in my experience.

In board games with no/little hidden information, Yes "unless it conflicts with another player's completed action"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

He's right though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

They have two. Google "Comet Pizza"

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

He's right though.

I welcome nuclear armageddon to the whole US. It's unfair to let the south have all the fun.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Plutonis posted:

They have two. Google "Comet Pizza"

Pizzagate? That could not have been a more transparently made up conspiracy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mike12345 posted:

A couple years ago, someone posted a thread in this forum about a time-travelling RPG. It was specifically about time travel, had mechanics how to deal with time shifts, plus combat that might include time travel as well. Maybe. Not sure about the last one. Anyway, I think it was out of print, and the OP provided a PDF that might have been just scanned in pages. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Because I lost my PDF and would like to read it again.
Unfortunately, Continuum's method for keeping track of time travel is...actually keeping a journal of every single thing that happens and punishing you if you don't make the continuity work out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Halloween Jack posted:

Unfortunately, Continuum's method for keeping track of time travel is...actually keeping a journal of every single thing that happens and punishing you if you don't make the continuity work out.

I like how Retrocausality handles continuity and how it lets you just ignore it when you really have to. Much better than fragging your brains out because somebody drank the same beer as you.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Covok posted:

I'm being funny. I have a physical copy of the new, post Kickstarter Breakfast Cult. It's a good game, and has all the content of the original contest version but with better art and support and even more content. There's no reason why anyone would ever want the original contest version in a physical format.

Thus, requesting it would be funny.

oh good I thought tragedy struck

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

I welcome nuclear armageddon to the whole US. It's unfair to let the south have all the fun.

It should not stop at the US

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Cassa posted:

Pizzagate? That could not have been a more transparently made up conspiracy.

Pizzagate is really funny to me, because I imagine myself trying to explain to some middle-age Republican couple why Marina Abramovic does what she does. "Yes this woman literally looks like a witch from an Argento movie, and yes, that's her naked covered in blood with a skull. But it's not Satanic cult poo poo, she does this because, um, to make a statement on, uhhh..." Plus, I mean, John Podesta is legitimately a weird a creep.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Halloween Jack posted:

Plus, I mean, John Podesta is legitimately a weird a creep.

I have no idea what non-conspiracy thing you're referring to here, he seems like a pretty bland democratic operative besides his UFO enthusiasm which is weird but hardly creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-the-story-marina-abramovic-performance-that-contributed-pizzagate