Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/deplorable-nyu-professor-sues-colleagues-for-defamation/

Lol Amber appears to be getting sued by a conservative NYU professor for defamation. (Hasn't come up in a while on the podcast but she does/did? teach writing I think to freshmen.)

quote:

Michael Isaacson — the former John Jay College professor who gained infamy last year when he tweeted “It’s a privilege to teach future dead cops”

go on Chapo, etc., etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/deplorable-nyu-professor-sues-colleagues-for-defamation/

Lol Amber appears to be getting sued by a conservative NYU professor for defamation. (Hasn't come up in a while on the podcast but she does/did? teach writing I think to freshmen.)

quote:

Calling himself “Deplorable NYU Prof,” Rectenwald started an undercover Twitter account, @antipcnyuprof, on Sept. 12, 2016, as a way to argue against the increasingly popular use of “safe spaces” and “trigger warnings” on campuses across the country...

Rectenwald said the insults have had a lasting effect.

“It’s very painful to be accused of things that you haven’t done and have no basis in fact,” he told The Post in tears.

Rectenwald said he begged human resources to relocate him to the Russian-studies building three blocks away from his department, which they did in September.

“I felt unsafe,” he said.

Even the loving New York Post is clowning on this chump

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

little munchkin posted:

what is the deal with all these dsa/twitter dorks referring to each other as comrade? am I missing something or is it just cosplaying as communists?

You know how juggalos refer to each other as 'ninja'? Same thing.

Halloween Jack posted:

Episode 139

https://twitter.com/JonWhiteBriefly/status/906695910150758400

I am very very proud of my whiskey globe.

The hot dog roller is the strangest item.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
That guy is desperately trying to get on wingnut welfare.
For the record, NYU released his email exchange with the dean after he claimed to have been put on leave:

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2016/november/email-correspondence-between-professor-michael-rectenwald-and-de.html

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pomplamoose posted:

You know how juggalos refer to each other as 'ninja'? Same thing.

Actually ICP started the "ninja" thing themselves to get their white fans to stop referring to themselves using the n-word

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

little munchkin posted:

Actually ICP started the "ninja" thing themselves to get their white fans to stop referring to themselves using the n-word

i loving hope this true

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antares posted:

i loving hope this true

if you listen to them for ten seconds it's painfully obvious.

Like, no one would ever say 'what's up my ninja' unless there was an active campaign of "Y'ALL CAN'T SAY THAT WORD YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT" before it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't believe there was a time where I didn't love the juggalos. They are the miracles. The dumb, hilarious miracle.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sephyr posted:

In broad strokes, leftists oppose foreign intervention even when there's a Democratic WH occupant, dealing down the security apparatus a lot, tackling issues like police brutality and gerrymandering overtly and aggressively, and making Single Payer the new battle flag of the party. They value motivating the base and winning undecideds by offering quality of life, real gains, even if they burn bridges along the way, especially among the wealthier donors like Wall Street. And, of course, block GOP nominations/laws all the time, every time.

Liberals tend to conform to the status quo a lot more, arguing that nothing will change if they just turn people off by being too radical. Working within the system to try and get tax incentives to fields they see as beneficial, voting along with republicans several times in the belief that they might someday return the favor or because it's not worth it to break civility/disrupt the government to make a point. Antagonizing any powerful established group is a big no-no: Oil, coal, Pharma, health insurance, they are all a part of our beautiful tapestry and need love and representation. They will praise and ally with -almost- anyone further right who can offer a rethorical or political edge.

My bias is showing, but I hope that helped.

imagine writing all this, lol

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Check out the new episode for an all-time bad impression.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

i was sad brendan left but after hearing the last 30 seconds of the newest ep i am extremely pro-chris now

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Matt's spot on about all the shithole libs being exactly like the idiots who started calling themselves Deplorable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Matt's spot on about all the shithole libs being exactly like the idiots who started calling themselves Deplorable.

Neera's been pulling overtime lately.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Im saying that's exactly what was happening in the DSA before we started calling each other 'comrade.'

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Associate professor Jacqueline Bishop joined in and called him the “short pants boy they call the devil” as well as a “coward,” “punk rear end” and “Adderall-filled bully.” She accused him of showing up to staff meetings “high and incoherent with your tongue sticking out the side of your mouth,” according to the suit.

Jacqueline Bishop go on Chapo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Check out the new episode for an all-time bad impression.

Trevor Noah doesn't deserve a good impression

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trevor noah as a bogan is really funny though

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

little munchkin posted:

This is also why the DSA started the “comrade” thing.

Edit: beaten like three posts up lol, sorry

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonas Albrecht posted:

like I get the 'nasty woman' thing, it was women doing it and it was clearly a 'we've heard tons of morons like trump speak about women with ambition like this and are now embracing it' like the whole 'reclaim bitch' thing.

I don't know why a bunch of mostly white libs thought it was cool to say "HAHA YEA MAN HAITI IS A SHITHOLE"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/953005090868211714

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
It's two birds with one stone, they get to have their little "How dare you sir..." moment and pretend to be scrappy and interesting at the same time by bragging about their (great grandparent's) origins. I bet they're the same sort of white people who like to say "Oh I'm a total mutt, I'm a mix of German, Swiss, English, Polish....".

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I find it funny that NPR decided to "take the high ground" and not use shithole in their broadcasts. As if there was ever some sort of decorum in politics.

You can, however, find out which of your friends primarily get their news from NPR cause they'll treat shithole like Voldemorts name.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Digital Jedi posted:

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/950786529122836480

Keith mad about an article by a pro-esports player, video games are good?

The best part of this is the Tribune just ran an essay by pro wrestler Chris Jericho and he didn't say poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also I'm gonna watch team liquid this season just to watch it crash and burn and feel bad for doublelift

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pomplamoose posted:

Im saying that's exactly what was happening in the DSA before we started calling each other 'comrade.'

Dsa people called each other nigga?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Greatbacon posted:

I find it funny that NPR decided to "take the high ground" and not use shithole in their broadcasts. As if there was ever some sort of decorum in politics.

You can, however, find out which of your friends primarily get their news from NPR cause they'll treat shithole like Voldemorts name.

they eventually allowed it to be said, but only once per hour

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Dsa people called each other nigga?

yes that is the joke

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

It's two birds with one stone, they get to have their little "How dare you sir..." moment and pretend to be scrappy and interesting at the same time by bragging about their (great grandparent's) origins. I bet they're the same sort of white people who like to say "Oh I'm a total mutt, I'm a mix of German, Swiss, English, Polish....".

"My great grandparents came here from Poland with nothing but the screen door on their submarine."

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-two-weeks-paid-leave-12

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pomplamoose posted:

"My great grandparents came here from Poland with nothing but the screen door on their submarine."

Holy poo poo this is great

"Did I put a smoke grenade in her mouth? Yes. In case you forgot, those are less than lethal weapons."

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 16, 2018

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Felix made a Faustian bargain that he gets to be on every podcast and I can't wait for his turn on the Slate Culture Gabfest to roll around.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pomplamoose posted:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i like how they're all just doing a bill burr impression

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Felix's fabulous muscles make my incel beta dick shrivel like a salted slug.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

Felix's fabulous muscles make my incel beta dick shrivel like a salted slug.

I was under the impression he had the opposite effect on internet degenerates

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm starting to think Amber may not be that good at the whole understanding marxist views on power

https://twitter.com/thucydiplease/status/953394306454241280

Like I get her point that just saying 'do better men' won't fix lovely men magically but talking about only caring about 'power' when half of the story about him is 'dude has power over a woman to feel entitled to treat her lovely, and has power in the left by virtue of enough performative wokeness to get a legion of defense op-eds saying 'hrm perhaps #metoo is bad now that they talk about someone I like????' and call the victim a lying slut' is pretty dumb. The entire reason he's not only getting away with it but also his accuser is being called a stupid bitch who just regrets having sex like a slutty slut by the woke left and the alt-right alike is because he has power both culturally and as a 'superior' over someone 'worth' less, which is the entire point of marx's views on power where only one group can hold it at a time and as long as the workers don't they'll be oppressed even by their nominal allies...

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 17, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

I'm starting to think Amber may not be that good at the whole understanding marxist views on power

https://twitter.com/thucydiplease/status/953394306454241280

Like I get her point that just saying 'do better men' won't fix lovely men magically but talking about only caring about 'power' when half of the story about him is 'dude has power over a woman to feel entitled to treat her lovely, and has power in the left by virtue of enough performative wokeness to get a legion of defense op-eds saying 'hrm perhaps #metoo is bad now that they talk about someone I like????' and call the victim a lying slut' is pretty dumb. The entire reason he's not only getting away with it but also his accuser is being called a stupid bitch who just regrets having sex like a slutty slut by the woke left and the alt-right alike is because he has power both culturally and as a 'superior' over someone 'worth' less, which is the entire point of marx's views on power where only one group can hold it at a time and as long as the workers don't they'll be oppressed even by their nominal allies...

You should check out the other Chapo thread -- opinions seem to be going in the other direction.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm Kristele Thissell

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I feel weird even joining a conversation about someone's Facebook posts, that I only see out of context on someone's Twitter posts, because Amber's not on Twitter and her Facebook is protected. So I have no choice but to not care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

You should check out the other Chapo thread -- opinions seem to be going in the other direction.

the biggest issue I think is Amber's base point of 'you can't fix things by just saying MEN DO BETTER' and stuff like 'time's up' is just performative wokeness done by the powerful who have spent years covering for these people before it got out' is 100% right. She just seems to take it up to 11 in some 'and I don't even give a poo poo about this case' for no reason other than her thinking it's hosed up to do what he did won't magically make it not happen.