Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
As in Brick-Shithouse meaning strong and tough...but either way, gently caress them don't come to my country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Credit to Mr. Trump for expanding ESL vocabularies around the world.

http://www.slangeigo.com/archives/52782566.html

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Away all Goats posted:

I just love how Trump can't just deny something, he always has to make it a positive thing about himself

He's not racist, he's actually the least racist person ever!

He's not a retard, he's actually like really smart!

He knows more about wedges than anyone else who has ever lived!

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

I just love how Trump can't just deny something, he always has to make it a positive thing about himself

He's not racist, he's actually the least racist person ever!

He's not a retard, he's actually like really smart!

The best words.

I'm not a racist -> No racism

I'm the least racist -> Implies some amount of racism

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Oh, OK, glad we live in this timeline where we need to literally get our "poo poo" in order

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

This is like that poo poo where journalists had to correct themselves that Spicey wasn’t hiding *in* the bushes, he was hiding *among* them

drat that feels like forever ago

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

ROFL Octopus posted:

This is like that poo poo where journalists had to correct themselves that Spicey wasn’t hiding *in* the bushes, he was hiding *among* them

I find myself nostalgic for those good ol hearty lols back in the day rather than the nervous lols of today

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

g0lbez posted:

I find myself nostalgic for those good ol hearty lols back in the day rather than the nervous lols of today

Remember the Mooch? :roflolmao:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im sure this retarded country will reverse this course into something closer to nazi germany nationalim and conservatism

haha

just kidding. america is doomed.

Woden
May 6, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

all you need is a vaguely plausible excuse and you can declare war on anyone with the full support of the american people. however, trump being trump he'll undoubtedly gently caress it up somehow.

You don't declare war any more, you just invade and make sure the enemy combatants are declared such that they don't get Geneva Conventions protections. He'll gently caress it up like his travel Muslim ban.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Stink Billyums posted:

Credit to Mr. Trump for expanding ESL vocabularies around the world.

http://www.slangeigo.com/archives/52782566.html

“countries where birds don’t lay eggs” :confused:

Also re: Hawaii missile alert goof:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.e6d83be799b8

quote:

Around 8:05 a.m., the Hawaii emergency employee initiated the internal test, according to a timeline released by the state. From a drop-down menu on a computer program, he saw two options: “Test missile alert” and “Missile alert.” He was supposed to choose the former; as much of the world now knows, he chose the latter, an initiation of a real-life missile alert.

“In this case, the operator selected the wrong menu option,” HEMA spokesman Richard Rapoza told The Washington Post on Sunday.

Nuclear-tipped LOLs

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

ROFL Octopus posted:

God drat, between being a relative newcomer to this thread and reading the book I’m slightly astonished that I’ve forgotten about so much hilarious retarded poo poo.

Although much of it happened so, so long ago...like Hawaii getting that mistaken missile warning, seems almost like it was yesterday.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

uhh wtf how? shouldn't there be something like a pop-up message at the very least like "yo selecting this option will send a state-wide emergency warning are you sure"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Does anyone have access to this follow-up article? It's giving me a paywall:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.e713351380df

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Does anyone have access to this follow-up article? It's giving me a paywall:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.e713351380df

Paste the link into an incognito tab. :]

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

at work, some of our tools force the engineer to type yes_i_understand_this_command_cannot_be_used_outside_the_company perfectly or it doesn't work. And that's just to do silly diagnostic stuff, not share an entire state full of people shitless. DO SOMETHING

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tax Inductions posted:

i still think its funny people dont know this by now

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
That sounds almost as made up as Trump saying shithouse.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

uhh wtf how? shouldn't there be something like a pop-up message at the very least like "yo selecting this option will send a state-wide emergency warning are you sure"

That's an extra click every month or so :effort:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Tax Inductions posted:

Thanks, forgot about that. :doh:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
The sweaty spaceman meme, the buttons are 'missile alert' and 'test missile alert'

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

cda posted:

Americans loving love war. You're really naive if you think they won't get behind one, at least in the short run. After a few years they might get tired of it, but up until then it's rah rah troops flags freedom

We have some sort of conflict every ten years or so. Have to test out the new weapon systems for client-states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2015/05/AgeOfWar.png&w=1484

Kumo fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 15, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hope remains the biggest lol of them all

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I wonder how Trump would react to a surprise missile attack?

I'm guessing a tweet thanking "the haters and losers, have a great time!" from his fallout bunker.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm guessing a tweet thanking "the haters and losers, have a great time!" from his fallout bunker.

Apparently there was a time when leaders literally lead troops into battle

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

He would probably also tweet out its location while bragging about how great it is

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ROFL Octopus posted:

Thanks for reminding me of that, I needed a laugh.

Imagine how terrible you feel if your a writer on Veep? Could you ever come up with poo poo as dumb as real life? 2 years ago they would have gotten yelled out of the room for an episode this dumb

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ok so- i thought the right wing response to this was them being deliberately obtuse and focusing on the word 'shithole' rather than- you know- being horrific

it turns out that no they genuinely have no idea why what they said was offensive :psyduck:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
So how about those tax returns. This is one hell of an audit!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rex-Goliath posted:

ok so- i thought the right wing response to this was them being deliberately obtuse and focusing on the word 'shithole' rather than- you know- being horrific

it turns out that no they genuinely have no idea why what they said was offensive :psyduck:

I mean, they managed to turn pussygate into a discussion of vulgar language instead of sexual assault, so I can't blame em for trying for round 2

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

He would probably also tweet out its location while bragging about how great it is

"And i never said anything about a secret bunker under Mt Rushmore. Irradiated Hillary Magawe @foxandfriends"

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Remember the Mooch? :roflolmao:

In this entire cavalcade of poo poo, the ignoble three episode run of The Mooch was perhaps my favorite supporting cast member.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R42mFx3_ss

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How do we get the mooch a spinoff? He needs to be governor of new jersey or something

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

gently caress I completely forget this happened lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"Fake news, I'm actually really really tall, you have no idea how tall I truly am! Top percentile of tall!!!! Smart too MAGA"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

moose face posted:

How do we get the mooch a spinoff? He needs to be governor of new jersey or something

Moore/ Mooch 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Moore/ Mooch 2024

i think moore has too much dignity and integrity for that

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm so sorry, it was the MOOPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
You could get Trump to confess to anything by saying "You'd never be able to conspire with Russia" or "Mob bosses would never have anything to do with you"