Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sanchez leaving is imminent, apparently. Where he’s going is not really clear? United, I guess. I would have preferred City.

I’m just happy that he’s being shipped out and Arsenal are apparently starting to rebuild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm sincerely hoping that Mignolet being dropped today means that we're going to move for Alisson this window

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at Karius getting beat by the post. Get us a keeper Kloppo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Better sign Alisson, who I’m sure all of these posters have definitely seen play and know all about

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It wouldn't be silly season if you didn't have football fans talking up the quality of players that they'd never heard of until their club was linked with them.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Better sign Alisson, who I’m sure all of these posters have definitely seen play and know all about

I've watched over two YouTube compilations thank you very much :colbert:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

I have a copy of FIFA 18 so I actually know all his stats, looks like you got pwned noob

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

tarbrush posted:

I've watched over two YouTube compilations thank you very much :colbert:

Here's a guy you might want to keep an eye on think he could be ripe for a return based on this;

https://vimeo.com/92846254

https://vimeo.com/92846254

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I have, and he's good. In person even!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I have, and he's good. In person even!

hipster spotted

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

hipster spotted

Heh

Looks like Lisandro Lopez is gonna sign for Inter soon. I remember him being good a year or two ago. He's poo poo now I hope.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

Heh

Looks like Lisandro Lopez is gonna sign for Inter soon. I remember him being good a year or two ago. He's poo poo now I hope.

isn't he like 35?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

MrBling posted:

isn't he like 35?

This is a different Lisandro Lopez to the one you're thinking of

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

trem_two posted:

there really should be a law against football players using the same name as another.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MrBling posted:

there really should be a law against football players using the same name as another.

Agreed. Ban all Brazilians and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

He has a girl's name. I don't know how I feel about that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

blue footed boobie posted:

Sanchez leaving is imminent, apparently. Where he’s going is not really clear? United, I guess. I would have preferred City.

I’m just happy that he’s being shipped out and Arsenal are apparently starting to rebuild.

In for Aubameyang for 60 mill once Sanchez is done apparently, if anyone at all is willing to believe a word the tabloids say.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Obamayang is a bad egg.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

I’d like to see an ancient Lisandro Lopez the striker scoring for inter

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Sam Lee (who is normally decent with City news) reckons they have given up on Sanchez.

He says City thought they had a deal agreed and are annoyed that Sanchez and his agent want to re-negotiate now they have a bigger offer from United.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
So he’s going to end his career by parking the bus. Sad!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I hope Inter are actually signing the wrong one.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

According to Matt Law, Chelsea are seriously considering Andy Carroll or Christian Benteke as solutions to their striker issues.

... Have they just been looking at failed Liverpool strikers over the last five years? Can we interest them in one half broken Danny Ings?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Come home Sturridge.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alexis would fit in great at Liverpool imo

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I don't know if I am ready for another tiny South American strikeman.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vegetable posted:

Alexis would fit in great at Liverpool imo

Sign another attacker they don’t actually need who gives the ball away 30 times a game for their leaky defence to cope with, sign him up!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
anyone who wants alexis hasnt seen him play for the last year or so. just a total ballhog and loses the ball every other minute dribbling into 3 defenders

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

EC10 posted:

anyone who wants alexis hasnt seen him play for the last year or so. just a total ballhog and loses the ball every other minute dribbling into 3 defenders

what were his alternatives at arsenal?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Playing Alexis is a Faustian pact whereby you put up with his selfishness and lax retention of possession in the hope that he pulls out a moment of magic.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don’t want Sanchez

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Sanchez just seems to be throwing a perpetual tantrum at the fact his career is winding down. Is there any truth to the rumour I keep hearing that he refuses to pass to certain team mates?

I can't see Mourinho putting up with that sort of attitude for long, so the deal (assuming any validity to it at all) doesn't make a lot of sense.

manutdtransfers.txt

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently if you watch closely he and Ramsey will not pass to each other, not 100% of the time but if they can avoid it they won’t.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This sounds like crazy conspiracy theories made up to give better reasons for "Arsenal are poo poo".

I mean "Arsenal player doesn't pick obvious pass" is hardly back page news.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently if you watch closely he and Ramsey will not pass to each other, not 100% of the time but if they can avoid it they won’t.

I think that's because they tend to end up close to each other so it becomes more obvious.

Sanchez doesn't pass at all if he can help it, unless it's Ozil or Monreal (because Monreal will give it straight back).

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ninpo posted:

This sounds like crazy conspiracy theories made up to give better reasons for "Arsenal are poo poo".

I mean "Arsenal player doesn't pick obvious pass" is hardly back page news.

Unless it's Betr Cech :D

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ninpo posted:

Unless it's Betr Cech :D

thats why Sanchez is leaving

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DavidCramman/status/952890358555398145

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sanchez is A Good Player. He seems to be better as a striker than winger at this point in his career, but he would make any team in the PL better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Sanchez is A Good Player. He seems to be better as a striker than winger at this point in his career, but he would make any team in the PL better.

I’d argue he wouldn’t make Liverpool any better because they don’t need more goals they need less conceding of goals.

• Locked thread