Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey uXs, check out 80 Days and Dungeon Warfare.

Dungeon warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whatever happened to Dungeon Raid?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

YggiDee posted:

Whatever happened to Dungeon Raid?

Literally nothing, which is the problem. :smith:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope DC Unchained isn't absolute trash like every other DC f2p game.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hopped on the muscle hustle train, but jesus, multiplayer is dumb. I have a few 2 star wrestlers, but the after 2 wins in multiplayer I guess I ranked up or something? And now I get thrown in the ring with these beefy as hell 3 stars that just murder my face off. I just wanted a duffel bag 😞.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

cirus posted:

Yeah that was garbage. The Ovidius weapon required over 500 of the limited time components to finish its final form. They've done away with that system in the latest update and all monsters including the old ones now drop all the necessary materials to fully upgrade.

Well that's nice to hear, because the moment I realized how bad it was I literally quit right there. I'm very tolerant of grindy games (hell gacha games that you play long term are like my #1 mobile game type, yes I suck) but being rewarded with an impossible grind after already grinding the same thing for hours broke something in me.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Saxophone posted:

Hopped on the muscle hustle train, but jesus, multiplayer is dumb. I have a few 2 star wrestlers, but the after 2 wins in multiplayer I guess I ranked up or something? And now I get thrown in the ring with these beefy as hell 3 stars that just murder my face off. I just wanted a duffel bag 😞.

You can concede matches with no penalty. If you get horribly matched just concede and go again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Card Thief is fun but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do the first numbing poison upgrade.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Card Thief is fun but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do the first numbing poison upgrade.

What is it again?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I found a word puzzle game called BAIKOH that is pretty neat. It's a bit like word-making version of Puyo Puyo or Puzzle League, in that you can make combos and there are powerups and hazards. The app isn't weird about permissions, it has ads but so far they've only showed up in the form of "watch an ad to get a free thing", and it runs smoothly. There is also multiplayer. The downsides so far: the aloof-British humor of "die tiny human i am a demon or something lol" isn't my thing, and the game doesn't recognize a bunch of standard English words that I make heavy use of in word games.

e: i just found out that the sound effects are quite helpful

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 12, 2018

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I found a word puzzle game called BAIKOH that is pretty neat.

Thanks for the recommendation. I quite like it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What is it again?

Pick up a sneak card in the light with a value greater than zero.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mrkillboy posted:

Thanks for the recommendation. I quite like it.

What are the IAPs like?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Incessant Excess posted:

What are the IAPs like?

You can buy extra in game currency that you use to purchase power ups, and to bet with in multiplayer games. You can also unlock and buy the power ups outright for unlimited use.

There's also monthly/unlimited subscriptions for unlimited multiplayer lives, and a no ads IAP, which the description says will give you some extra rewards as well. I haven't found the ads to be intrusive enough to buy it yet however.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 12, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
A subscription to get rid of ads? That sounds a bit rough.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Incessant Excess posted:

A subscription to get rid of ads? That sounds a bit rough.

I think it's two separate items: a sub for unlimited lives, and then a one-time purchase for no ads.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Kyrosiris posted:

I think it's two separate items: a sub for unlimited lives, and then a one-time purchase for no ads.

Yes that's correct.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kyrosiris posted:

The "lives" in the game are only for multiplayer, by the way. You can play the single player modes all day every day.

I'm not totally sure how the multiplayer life system works yet. I think every game I have played so far has had the opponent leave, either during the game or during the pregame screens. When this happens during pregame, the game says "your opponent left" and I don't lose a life. When it happens during the game, it says "you win" and also "your opponent left" and I don't lose a life. Just now, I went into a game and forfeited to see what would happen, and I lost a life. You appear to have a maximum of three lives, and when I forfeited it showed two lives left and a timer counting down from 30 minutes. My guess is that you also lose a life for "legitimately" losing a game, but that hasn't happened to me yet :v:

The unlimited lives IAPs are, in USD for me, a $1.99 purchase that lasts a month, and a $7.99 purchase that lasts forever.

edit: one other neat thing is that you can play multiplayer in different modes. You can enable powerups, where each player can choose to enable powerups the same way you do in single-player. You can also enable betting, where you wager coins on who will win (these are the coins you get normally for playing the game (it's also the only currency, no gems or confusing resource systems)). You can toggle these preferences individually to yes/no/whatever, so e.g. if you hate powerups but don't care either way about betting, you could set powerups to "no" and betting to "whatever".

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 12, 2018

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm enjoying Dragon Project, in a grindy way. The gameplay itself is fairly rote, mainly due to the fact that it's fairly impossible to tell how strong a boss is relative to you (the 'levels' that they have are pretty much meaningless). But the f2p stuff is light, there aren't any timers or stamina, and I like seeing numbers go up as I grind. Might fall off of it in the future, but for now it's suitable as an extremely light monster hunter-ish game.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
If you wanted a factorio clone on your phone, Mindustry might be for you. It's a little clunky and the conveyor system placement is confusing the gently caress out of me but it seems alright overall. I've only tried the waves mode but it also includes a freebuild and sandbox mode .

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 12, 2018

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Dodoman posted:

If you wanted a factorio clone on your phone, Mindustry might be for you. It's a little clunky and the conveyor system placement is confusing the gently caress out of me but it seems alright overall. I've only tried the waves mode but it also includes a freebuild and sandbox mode .

gently caress there goes my productivity

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Mindustry is pretty cool but I couldn't make the conveyor that supposedly travels under impassable blocks work at all which kinda sucks until teleporters become available.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Finally Ants is a Sim Ants roguelike for Android, finally.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Are any of you using an emulator to play android games on your PC? Which one works the best?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I was a proponent for the discontinued Leapdroid for the longest time but the current Nox builds are quick, bug-free and feature-rich. Macroing my gacha games so that I can play them even less is the best. https://www.bignox.com

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah I used Nox for a long time and it's great. BlueStacks is solid and has an easier multi-instance ability than Nox does as well. Which is handy if you want to be a terrible human being and play multiple gacha games at once.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Budgie posted:

Are any of you using an emulator to play android games on your PC? Which one works the best?

Memu is the best one and free.

http://www.memuplay.com

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Estel posted:

Memu is the best one and free.

http://www.memuplay.com

I love that hearthstone is on there ad. You know the game that had a PC and Mac release way before the mobile release.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You use hearthstone via an emulator so you can buy packs for Amazon coins which are like a 1:2 ratio for real money when you buy them, and for every 1,000 coins you get 100 back.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I found a charming little game
Hungry Hearts Diner: A Tale of Star-Crossed Souls

It's free, but I did pay for the Daruma and the Lucky Cat decorations. You just run a small little diner and make food. The IAPs are very generous. ($0.99 USD, ie: $1.29 CAD, seems to be one-time)
The only thing Frenzy does is when you watch an ad and then sometimes you get a frenzy mode which is a really good way to run out of food for the customers. But it's a charming little title. You're running a Japanese diner, by the way. The stories of the people who come in are quite nice.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Saw this pop up on twitter today. I didn't realize that the makers Neko Atsume had another game out: (it's about frogs)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.hit_point.tabikaeru&hl=en

I'm probably gonna wait for the English translation.

Stolen from: https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/gyww37/frog-neko-atsume-mobile-game?utm_source=wptwitterus

Guide on how to get started: https://www.reddit.com/r/nekoatsume/comments/7mbnkp/loving_this_new_frog_game_here_is_the_step_by/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

IAmTheRad posted:

I found a charming little game
Hungry Hearts Diner: A Tale of Star-Crossed Souls

It's free, but I did pay for the Daruma and the Lucky Cat decorations. You just run a small little diner and make food. The IAPs are very generous. ($0.99 USD, ie: $1.29 CAD, seems to be one-time)
The only thing Frenzy does is when you watch an ad and then sometimes you get a frenzy mode which is a really good way to run out of food for the customers. But it's a charming little title. You're running a Japanese diner, by the way. The stories of the people who come in are quite nice.

I'm enjoying this, thanks.

edit: I wish there was an in app purchase to turn off ads though

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 15, 2018

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
What are the good new quick puzzle games? I'm done with Wargames and Typeshift, and Baikoh is just another Letterfall. I need a new fix! Any sort of game with quick levels would be good. Bonus points if it has an actual ending like Wargames.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Have you played pathpix?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's a mobile game I can't remember the name of and I can't even remember if I played this on an Android or iPhone.

It has base building but the combat was turn based. It had like an entire plot as well with unique characters and it seemed political like you were part of the rebels. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

glam rock hamhock posted:

Have you played pathpix?

Just played through the lite version, don't think I'll carry on to the full game. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wirth1000 posted:

There's a mobile game I can't remember the name of and I can't even remember if I played this on an Android or iPhone.

It has base building but the combat was turn based. It had like an entire plot as well with unique characters and it seemed political like you were part of the rebels. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Heroes of Might and Magic III (or its 50 clones)?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
If you like strategy games and you haven't played Achikaps, you should.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

victorious posted:

What are the good new quick puzzle games? I'm done with Wargames and Typeshift, and Baikoh is just another Letterfall. I need a new fix! Any sort of game with quick levels would be good. Bonus points if it has an actual ending like Wargames.
A few that are a little different:
Blendoku / Blendoku 2 (colour pattern game, kind of zen, bad in sunlight though)
Euclidea / Pythagorea (geometry puzzle games)
Flappy Golf 2 (not exactly a puzzle game but puzzley in nature)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What are the non-kairosoft business sims of choice? Giant Bomb played Lemonade Stand on a video a few days ago which gave me an itch for that type of game.