Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/artic...41610_3224.html

Ahaha so Catherine Deneuve is just now realising that having signed the inspired column defending the right to be a creep might not put her in the best company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lost in postation posted:

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/artic...41610_3224.html

Ahaha so Catherine Deneuve is just now realising that having signed the inspired column defending the right to be a creep might not put her in the best company
Yeah, she probably realized that if even Margaret Atwood can't comment in any critical way on #metoo, she had no hope for her opinions not to generate her own downfall. She probably will be back "later" too.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/952861234721906688

Quelle surprise.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Yeah, that's the good poo poo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
itt you're a Macron voter on a conference call at work who secretly feels really smart after using the verb 'grok'

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Eww no

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Itt you’re a Macron voter with the firm belief that selling public services to the private sector is cool and good

https://mobile.francetvinfo.fr/econ...ic_2562749.html

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

OK, how about this one

itt you're a moron who forgot to pay his 2017 taxe d'habitation, since you were half-certain that it was supposed to be automatically directly debited from your bank account, and now you have to contact the Centre des impôts of your former place of residence and you've got a light case of phobie administrative despite being a civil servant yourself

Also lol what happened to your av

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Flowers For Algeria posted:

itt you're a moron who forgot to pay his 2017 taxe d'habitation, since you were half-certain that it was supposed to be automatically directly debited from your bank account, and now you have to contact the Centre des impôts of your former place of residence and you've got a light case of phobie administrative despite being a civil servant yourself
"Ewwwwww no." works there too.

It's the new no avatar avatar.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Toplowtech posted:

Yeah, she probably realized that if even Margaret Atwood can't comment in any critical way on #metoo, she had no hope for her opinions not to generate her own downfall. She probably will be back "later" too.

But the Atwood op-ed was actually good :confused:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

suck my woke dick posted:

But the Atwood op-ed was actually good :confused:
Yes it was and the reception it got in some places didn't make me more confident in the future of the #metoo movement. But hey i am pessimistic.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Not to derail the thread too far away from French politics, but I do think in Atwood's case it wasn't so much the content but the timing of it. Nobody's saying that anything surrounding #metoo is meant to last in its present form; it's an outpouring of testimonies from people who didn't feel comfortable sharing them until now. I completely get why saying to people who just now find an environment supportive enough to share their abuse that we should all remain calm and avoid witch-hunts (and comparing them to Stalinist purges lol) might come off as fairly tepid tone policing, even though ultimately she's right about the movement only achieving anything if it leads to changes in law enforcement and justice.

The tribune in Le Monde, on the other hand, is just dumb as hell

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Itt you’re a Macron voter with the firm belief that selling public services to the private sector is cool and good

https://mobile.francetvinfo.fr/econ...ic_2562749.html

Further unclear worrying news

quote:

le premier ministre Édouard Philippe a déclaré que des entreprises publiques vont passer dans le giron du secteur privé 
Édouard Philippe confirme les propos de son ministre de l’Économie, Bruno Le Maire, qui annonçait en juillet que « dix milliards d’euros seront financés par la cession d’actifs dans un certain nombre d’entreprises, qui rapporteront les moyens financiers nécessaires pour financer l’innovation ». Pour appliquer cette batterie de mesures libérales, un projet de loi sera présenté, a indiqué le chef du gouvernement, sans en préciser la date.

quote:

Ce n’est pas tout. Le premier ministre va amplifier les politiques d’austérité. Sur les dépenses publiques et la réforme de l’État, il souhaite davantage d’économies. « Le président de la République a pris des engagements. On doit les tenir », a-t-il tenté de justifier.

Also:

quote:

Élections européennes. Macron veut monopoliser les débats

Le gouvernement prépare une réforme indexant la durée de diffusion des clips de campagne sur le nombre d’élus au Parlement français, ce qui favorisera largement LREM.

Threads nicely with the fake news censoring poo poo, gg everyone.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

Le gouvernement prépare une réforme indexant la durée de diffusion des clips de campagne sur le nombre d’élus au Parlement français, ce qui favorisera largement LREM.
That's the kind of poo poo that can end with tons of violence in the street.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

That's the kind of poo poo that can end with tons of violence in the street.

People don't even vote for the européennes vOv

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

People don't even vote for the européennes vOv
And that's why they are trying to pass that law there, in hope they could generalize that poo poo with the good old "we did it for the européennes, you didn't complain there".

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

OK, how about this one

R I P

Toplowtech posted:

It's the new no avatar avatar.

Yeah. itt you're a SA poster who didn't upload a picture when you signed up

Edit:

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/953250758606147585

lol nice joke

Kassad fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 16, 2018

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OK, how about this one

My waking nightmare. I've always hated bureaucratic paperwork, and it's been the bane of my emigration to France.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

lol nice joke
Faut pas lui dire que par définition la nation a le monopole de la violence, je ne sais pas comment il pourrait réagir.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

whaaaaaat

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Migrants à Calais : Macron dénonce les "mensonges" de certaines associations

quote:

Le chef de l'Etat a appelé "toutes les associations" à la "responsabilité", en déplorant les "mensonges" diffusés "par de trop nombreux" acteurs. Les associations qui "encouragent ces femmes et ces hommes à rester, à s'installer dans l'illégalité, voire à passer" en Grande-Bretagne "prennent une responsabilité immense" et "jamais elles n'auront l'Etat à leurs côtés", a-t-il affirmé.

"A chaque fois qu'une personne est identifiée, une proposition systématique de mise à l'abri lui est faite" mais "à chaque fois qu'on lui dit qu'elle sera emmenée à la police on lui ment", et "c'est ce mensonge diffusé par de trop nombreux" acteurs "qui nuit à notre efficacité collective", a-t-il dit.

[...]

Le chef de l'Etat oublie que certains abus des forces de l'ordre ont pourtant bel et bien été répertoriés par plusieurs rapports.

En juillet 2017, Human Rights Watch (HRW), dans un rapport intitulé "C'est comme vivre en enfer", dénonçait ainsi de multiples violences, traitements inhumains et dégradants : utilisation routinière et abusive de gaz lacrymogènes, même lors de distribution d'aide humanitaire, confiscation de sacs de couchage, couvertures et vêtements, et parfois de nourriture et d'eau pour les pousser à quitter la région.

En octobre 2017, ce sont trois inspections générales (IGA, IGPN, IGGN) qui ont estimé, dans les conclusions d'un rapport commandé par le ministère de l'Intérieur, et malgré les précautions de langage, qu'il y avait eu de "plausibles manquements à la doctrine d'emploi de la force et à la déontologie policière" dont l'usage jugé "abusif des gaz lacrymogènes" pour perturber la distribution de repas ou le sommeil de migrants.

"Certaines associations" et accessoirement l'IGPN et son équivalent dans la gendarmerie. Deux officines notoires de l'extrême-gauche, c'est bien connu.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
les gendarmes sont bien rouges et noirs

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Tag yourself (I'm the cyborg baby)

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

Part of the all white cyborg babies gang?

Yeah, it's really "actuelles" of them to be afraid of people that keep failing what they intent to do or win only in such a pathetic way i feel ashamed to have helped. I feel their pain really, it's delicious. What did happen this time, did they lose a trial AGAIN (en majuscule et gras)?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Toplowtech posted:

Part of the all white cyborg babies gang?

Well, I'm also an islamogauchiste, but that's obvious.

Bonus: Manuel Valls liked their tweet (he's removed it since).

https://twitter.com/davidperrotin/status/953571426434473984

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
mecha-vegans will come to your home in the dead of night and throw away your salami

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

les gendarmes sont bien rouges et noirs

C'est un Stendhal!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Also note that they are complaining they can't complain* about "le syndicat de la magistrature" without getting sued. De grand gagnant à Valeurs.

*lie mostly. As always.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Le grand remplacement" ? Someone got confused near the end or what

e: oooh it's people who are against le grand remplacement, not against the base concept being a thing

:f5: On Edouard Phillipe's NDDL news

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 17, 2018

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Holy poo poo, that's all really explicit. "Le grand remplacement" in particular isn't even a dogwhistle any more. I tend not to read Valeurs Actuelles beyond occasionally making a face at the cover when I walk by a newsagent but have they always peddled this racist garbage as undisguisedly?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
NDDL: Dans le cul lulu
The whining from fat corrupt assholes is going to be delicious.

""Mais si le projet est abandonné pour des raisons rationnelles et quantifiables ça voudra dire que les zadistes ont gagné :qq: "

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lost in postation posted:

Holy poo poo, that's all really explicit. "Le grand remplacement" in particular isn't even a dogwhistle any more. I tend not to read Valeurs Actuelles beyond occasionally making a face at the cover when I walk by a newsagent but have they always peddled this racist garbage as undisguisedly?
Pretty much, what Valeurs publish is a relatively really good indicator of the poo poo happening behind closed doors in the far right, the top of the poo poo iceberg. It's the grand public version, at least. The other mediatic pillar of the far right in France is currently Radio Courtoisie. Who is working for them and their program are a good pretty indicator of what's in and what's passé in the various movements.

""Mais si le projet est abandonné pour des raisons rationnelles et quantifiables ça voudra dire que les zadistes ont gagné :qq: "
Imagine the nightmare, being forced to stop something stupid because you are forced to admit you were wrong.

Of course re:"le grand remplacement" it's about the legal pursuits for racism they get when they give it an insanely positive "critique".

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 17, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:f5: On Edouard Phillipe's NDDL news

Will that zombie finally die? There's an Airbus factory at the existing airport (Nantes Atlantique), so they can't close it anyway. And companies will prefer to go to the airport that's near the local big city rather than the new one that's in the middle of nowhere with zero connection to rail and road.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...port-macron.php

quote:

"Le seul recul que dont le président et le premier ministre c'est devant une petite bande de zadistes", a précisé Philippe Grosvalet.
Tu causes bien la France, toi.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 17, 2018

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Cat Mattress posted:

Will that zombie finally die?

Philippe just shot it in the head live on TV.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

3 minutes ago "Edouard Philippe annonce que le projet d'aéroport à Notre-Dame-des-Landes est abandonné"
It's dead jim.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Kassad posted:

I'm Aymeric Caron irl

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/laurentwauquiez/status/953532993963995136

Lmao

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yes let's see how much money Sarkozy and Chirac spent on that poo poo before killing it, sunken cost fallacy be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mais quel con