Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I can only imagine the pay 2 win aspects of a EA released Battle Royale game. "Get a leg up on the competition as soon as you drop with the suppressed sniper pack! $5.99"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so what's with the market

you can buy keys for 2.50 in game and then sell them for 8 dollars on the steam market? then use the steam credit to buy more keys?

am i missing something?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

keyframe posted:

I can only imagine the pay 2 win aspects of a EA released Battle Royale game. "Get a leg up on the competition as soon as you drop with the suppressed sniper pack! $5.99"
Sucks to be you, Battlefront franchise is in its own garbage bundle. Their only shooter game series they actually develop on their own, rather than fulfilling contracts and obligations and whatnot, is Battlefield, which is perfectly fine and absent from any P2W fuckery.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lister posted:

Look at the sale history of the other crates. It's always better to sell them around Fri/Sat.

I know and I also know I spent 30 minutes trying to set up a buy order earlier for the Desperado crate and Steam wouldn't let me do it. Also, sales of them tanked from 3-5k per hour to 600-800 per hour at the exact same time.

e: I have also seen nothing but sell orders and cancelled sell orders in the recent activity tracker during this time. Purchases don't show up and the amount of crates has sat at 27.5k the entire time.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 15, 2018

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Milky Moor posted:

so what's with the market

you can buy keys for 2.50 in game and then sell them for 8 dollars on the steam market? then use the steam credit to buy more keys?

am i missing something?

People are retarded. That's it, that's the only reason.

There's a 1 week delay apparently on actually listing keys on the steam market place after buying them though, so we'll see what the retard price of keys will be 1 week after the crate's release.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

lovely Wizard posted:

People are retarded. That's it, that's the only reason.

There's a 1 week delay apparently on actually listing keys on the steam market place after buying them though, so we'll see what the retard price of keys will be 1 week after the crate's release.

yeah. i mean, even if it drops, the fact that you could buy keys for 2.5 and sell them for steam credit for even just say 3-4 means like, gently caress, if you want to buy something on steam, just sell some keys of the same total value and then you've got the price + however much bonus.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

yeah. i mean, even if it drops, the fact that you could buy keys for 2.5 and sell them for steam credit for even just say 3-4 means like, gently caress, if you want to buy something on steam, just sell some keys of the same total value and then you've got the price + however much bonus.

Yeah, it really seems like it's going to be the best way to make money on this until the prices tank. That might take awhile since it would likely require that most of the people buying them collectively realize they can just buy them in game for cheaper and new people are joining the game every day.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, it really seems like it's going to be the best way to make money on this until the prices tank. That might take awhile since it would likely require that most of the people buying them collectively realize they can just buy them in game for cheaper and new people are joining the game every day.

if the price doesn't crash on thursday, i'll probably put in the $15 i'll definitely spend on the next stellaris expansion and see how it goes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
It's like bitcoins but somehow even dumber

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Got a checkered jacket and a red turtleneck and I couldn't be happier

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Goons have somehow missed the entire reason keys are overpriced. They allow you to bypass the 7 day waiting period to sell boxes you unlock because they are old converted keys.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I've decided that the new map is a lot more fun when you try to play "Escape from Pecado" every time. There is always a bunch of people in Pecado that want to fight. Great fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

daslog posted:

I've decided that the new map is a lot more fun when you try to play "Escape from Pecado" every time. There is always a bunch of people in Pecado that want to fight. Great fun.

Pecado, Power Grid, Hacienda, and Campo Militaro are almost always the poo poo. Especially Pecado and Hacienda.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Pecado, Power Grid, Hacienda, and Campo Militaro are almost always the poo poo. Especially Pecado and Hacienda.

I don't like Hacienda because it's over so fast. I'll have to try Power Grid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

daslog posted:

I don't like Hacienda because it's over so fast. I'll have to try Power Grid.

Of the lot I usually find Campo Militaro the most boring. Power Grid on Duo EU FPP sees anywhere between 2 and 10 teams drop each time, and if it's not enough for you, Pecado is a minute's walk away.

Minas Generales can be quite hot, and sometimes Water Treatment too, but I don't like either.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I like Campo if I'm dropping solo into squads, because it's far enough away from most of the flight paths that people drive there and they ALWAYS assume they'll be the only people there, so they spread out a ton to loot. You get to play horror movie villain, as you hunt them through the barracks and stuff.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Water Treatment and Power Grid always tend to end with me getting good loot and then lugging it for miles before I can find a vehicle. Once found a motorbike spawn at north end of power grid but that never happened again. Going into Pecado on foot gets old really quick. Water treatment has roads close by with some spawns but it's much less likely to be in the first circle.

Hacienda is just hosed up. It's worse than School at this point because it can have a dozen people drop in such a tiny space. Sure I get kills, but there is no time to heal and luck becomes so important I just skip it now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You can spice up your Power Grid routine by walking to San Martin for a vehicle. :v:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Campo sucks. Prison is cool, if you are super lucky with the plane.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bea Nanner posted:

Campo sucks. Prison is cool, if you are super lucky with the plane.

And by super lucky you mean crashing like my friend on the airplane loading so the game spawned him into prison on foot, with loot and poo poo, while the rest of us was flying. The stars aligned for a prison landing too so we baited a lot of mad dudes into a fully kitted out level 2 SCAR.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

abigserve posted:

Got a checkered jacket and a red turtleneck and I couldn't be happier

I got the check jacket, too and a black t-neck but can you take a screen shot if that ridiculous combo?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lol, Desperado Crates keep jumping between saying there are 27.5k and 290k on the market.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I've got five desperado crates. Should i sell or open them?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
All I want is a sweet crossbow kill, why is it so hard. :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

keyframe posted:

All I want is a sweet crossbow kill, why is it so hard. :negative:

Just drop where 40 people drop and loot the crossbow. You'll 100% find someone looting, and that'll be an instakill if you nail head.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I hate all of you that are getting Desperado crates t:mad:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

Time to check what RNG I get for them.

Edit: 50% Desperado drop rate.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rex-Goliath posted:

That's literally all I've gotten since the patch. I've got a 7 day hold from steam since I don't use the market that much, otherwise I'd just sell.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rad-daddio posted:

That's literally all I've gotten since the patch. I've got a 7 day hold from steam since I don't use the market that much, otherwise I'd just sell.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Time to check what RNG I get for them.

Edit: 50% Desperado drop rate.

I'm at 40% Desperado 60% Biker so far.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
1 survivor and 2 biker so far. wheee

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

VulgarandStupid posted:

I got the check jacket, too and a black t-neck but can you take a screen shot if that ridiculous combo?

quote:

spaghett69 (27, NYC) considers her style "Alternative, like a maths teacher from the distant future." and thinks that disrupting the fashion equilibrium is "tantamount to [her] world experience"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:golfclap:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pecado has some amazing ambush spots, A+ for squad drops

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

daslog posted:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just had a couple of solid triple island drops with great loot + jetski plus not terrible circles. Of course I hosed up and made bad choices and lost because that's just how I roll.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
If we're posting selfies, I want to say that I'll never equip another non-shoe item than the ones I got the first couple weeks (I still swap on blue hi-tops whenever I find them):

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Me too! Except el pozo, got a couple of kills, got screwed by the third circle but managed to make it there on foot with most of my health when there were 7 people left.

Got the drop on a guy with a ghilli suit, but shoulder fired instead of ADSed because i reverted back to the default rmb. Missed a couple key bullets because he leaned when he started firing, something I had never even considered. My reticle was right where his head ... should've been. One more bullet and i woulda killed him.
:doh:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DrNutt posted:

Just had a couple of solid triple island drops with great loot + jetski plus not terrible circles. Of course I hosed up and made bad choices and lost because that's just how I roll.

Yeah a few days ago I decided to solo drop on the northern island off the east coast and wound up with a chicken dinner. The gear there was pretty good and I'll probably be going back every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Me too! Except el pozo, got a couple of kills, got screwed by the third circle but managed to make it there on foot with most of my health when there were 7 people left.

Got the drop on a guy with a ghilli suit, but shoulder fired instead of ADSed because i reverted back to the default rmb. Missed a couple key bullets because he leaned when he started firing, something I had never even considered. My reticle was right where his head ... should've been. One more bullet and i woulda killed him.
:doh:

If I'd had the gear from the first game in the second, I would have been able to dome a couple of idiots standing still with a Kar98, but I had an M4 and just couldn't effectively engage at the distances I needed to.