Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

precision posted:

My best friend in high school was Polish and his dad loved The Magic Sword

Does he LOOK POLISH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

TerminalSaint posted:

The Beast of Hollow Mountain was a decent western up until the whole dinosaur thing.

It isn't even the only Western with stop-motion dinosaurs out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyl4MUYHvrk

This is one of my favorite movies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not MST3K but Rifftrax did The Apple and that movie is definitely good for what it is; it's just that what it is, intentionally, is loving insane

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Ooh, I need to see that. I've only ever seen the trailer for it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

precision posted:

Not MST3K but Rifftrax did The Apple and that movie is definitely good for what it is; it's just that what it is, intentionally, is loving insane

That can be said for most Cannon Films that aren't terrible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lifeforce is so enjoyably crazy. If there wasn't so much nudity it'd be perfect MST material.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

TerminalSaint posted:

The Beast of Hollow Mountain was a decent western up until the whole dinosaur thing.

and then it became incredible

The Painted Hills is a decent movie, but really dark for a Lassie joint.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does anyone know if there's a good (likely unofficial) 24/7 MST3K stream out there to go with the official 24/7 Rifftrax stream?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

There's the Pluto TV channel.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Breadallelogram posted:

and then it became incredible

The Painted Hills is a decent movie, but really dark for a Lassie joint.

snauseges!:black101:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

flatluigi posted:

Does anyone know if there's a good (likely unofficial) 24/7 MST3K stream out there to go with the official 24/7 Rifftrax stream?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mystery-science-theater-3000---mst3k

They also sometimes run Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax stuff. Or other entirely random stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The only problem with that is they run literally the exact same commercials all day and they're really annoying commercials at that. Makes it real hard to fall asleep to.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Bose headphones commercial is the loving worst but I laugh at the slim jim commercial every time

This sucks! Lunch was so long ago!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The Tile ad hasn't sold me on the product...but now I desperately want a stuffed panda in a sweater vest.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EasyEW posted:

The Tile ad hasn't sold me on the product...but now I desperately want a stuffed panda in a sweater vest.

I refuse to Google what the gently caress that product even is. Like I can guess, but it's such a nebulously fake-seeming commercial.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I really liked Stranded in Space. It was two episodes of a TV show turned into a movie, and I found myself really wanting to see more of the series. If it had come out in the LOST era, where TV show mysteries were hot, it might have lasted 3 or 4 seasons.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If you have Comet TV, Sunday nights are like mini MST marathons.

There’s something special about channel surfing over-the-air TV and stumbling upon a random episode of MST. :3:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I refuse to Google what the gently caress that product even is. Like I can guess, but it's such a nebulously fake-seeming commercial.

I guess it's you put RFID tags on your stuff so you can find it if you lose it, which is not the worst idea, but yeah thanks to Pluto.tv I never want to see that ad ever again

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I guess it's you put RFID tags on your stuff so you can find it if you lose it, which is not the worst idea, but yeah thanks to Pluto.tv I never want to see that ad ever again

That's exactly what it is, and it's really handy, but it's also a huge scheme: The whole company is built on the subscription model that Silicon Valley loves, so not only do the batteries (which are bog-standard CR2032 watch batteries) need replacing after roughly a year (they start to fail after about 11 months), but the batteries are soldered onto the circuit board and the whole tile itself is, like, gorilla-glued shut, so good luck replacing them yourself without breaking the drat thing.

But don't worry, you can subscribe to the ReTile membership program, where they'll automatically send you a new tile or tiles to replace your old ones, for a generous 5 or 10 percent discount!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

EasyEW posted:

The father hands his daughter a stuffed animal that's been lying in a wet, filthy gutter and sees no problem with her hugging it to her face.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The moment in Overdrawn at tge Memory Bank where someone suggests trying something, and Crow just loses it in a fit of rage, is still one of my favorite MST3K moments ever.

"YEAH! LET'S TRY THAT!! YAY! WHEE!" :v:

"hold on I'm...passing a ham through my...left ventricle..."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"hold on I'm...passing a ham through my...left ventricle..."

:btroll: "We demand a delicious buffet!"

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
The fat man and his gurgling (channels by the bots) :circlefap:

Never, ever fails to leave me helpless.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Apple is good and it makes Phantom of the Paradise look restrained by comparison

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, as someone who hasn't seen Season 11 yet, I'm tempted to pre-order it. On the one hand, all of my co-workers (at least the ones who have Netflix) have said it's a good fun laugh. But on the other hand, this video implies Season 11 is the worst season. Any tips from Goons who have seen Season 11?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I just don't know if we can measure up to a youtube channel.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

So, as someone who hasn't seen Season 11 yet, I'm tempted to pre-order it. On the one hand, all of my co-workers (at least the ones who have Netflix) have said it's a good fun laugh. But on the other hand, this video implies Season 11 is the worst season. Any tips from Goons who have seen Season 11?

It's good and funny, but it's definitely it's own thing while keeping the spirit of the Joel/Mike years. It's also the 1st season with the all new cast, so there's some growing pains.

I don't hesitate to recommend it to people who have access to it on Netflix, but if your only way to get it is to purchase it I don't know. For myself, I'd consider it money well-spent.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's definitely better than the first and KTMA seasons. It starts a little rough with Reptilicus feeling overstuffed but overall I enjoyed it. I didn't watch that guys video but maybe he just doesn't like Jonah Ray as a media personality?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VolticSurge posted:

It skews slightly to a more Joel style than a Mike one, Voltic, though Jonah isn't a Joel Clone. He's kind of like the dork neighbor, as opposed to Joel's High Father and Mike's loser older brother.

It definitely takes a few episodes to find its footing though this also depends heavily on how you like the movies. I'm a huge giant monster fan so the first episode gets a pass from me regardless.

It is *NOT* the worst season because Season 1 exists and so does most of season 2. Not even touching KTMA.

By the end of it it's about as good as any random Mike or Joel episode- maybe they don't reach the highs those two could, but it is the first season of a rushed production.

I had a friend that tried the first two episodes and hated the new season. I showed them Wizards of the Lost Kingdom and they turned right around on it.

So yeah. I'd say go for it. It's still MSt3K, it's still good, and the movies are pretty great.

gently caress Lost Kingdom 2 though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Burkion posted:

I had a friend that tried the first two episodes and hated the new season. I showed them Wizards of the Lost Kingdom and they turned right around on it.

Meanwhile I was sold as soon as they did the Reptilicus rap in the first episode. That one as a whole felt busy, but the segment showed me the kind of dorky enthusiasm I'd been wanting from more MST.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The host segments feel a little rushed, which, given the circumstances of filming, I understand why. But after Reptilicus, where they do sort of “overstuff” it with riffs (although a lot of that episode is very funny) settles in very well. Cry Wilderness and Carnival Magic are both all-timers in my opinion, and I don’t think there’s really any clunkers. My least favorite is probably Beast of Hollow Mountain, but even there, the last fifteen minutes are uproariously funny. The reaction I’ve seen online has been mostly positive, if they’re a MSTie I think they’ll enjoy it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Burkion posted:

It skews slightly to a more Joel style than a Mike one, Voltic, though Jonah isn't a Joel Clone. He's kind of like the dork neighbor, as opposed to Joel's High Father and Mike's loser older brother.

It definitely takes a few episodes to find its footing though this also depends heavily on how you like the movies. I'm a huge giant monster fan so the first episode gets a pass from me regardless.

It is *NOT* the worst season because Season 1 exists and so does most of season 2. Not even touching KTMA.

By the end of it it's about as good as any random Mike or Joel episode- maybe they don't reach the highs those two could, but it is the first season of a rushed production.

So yeah. I'd say go for it. It's still MSt3K, it's still good, and the movies are pretty great.

gently caress Lost Kingdom 2 though

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I love all my children. I love all my mst3k

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The two live episodes are the best ever made

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Junkie Disease posted:

The two live episodes are the best ever made

Hoping they release them at some point as apparently they did do actual recordings of a few shows.

But yeah, seeing it in person was a loving delight.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

I love Bobvids and I love his streams and I love series about CinemaSins and I'm sure he's an all around great dude, but he is also bad and wrong. Season 11 is fine. A little shaky coming out of the gate, since it has been a while and it's a whole new cast and all, but there are some really good solid eps in there. If you have a buddy with Netflix, sit down and watch an ep or two with them. But if you're just asking if the season is worth a purchase, then yeah. Buy that poo poo.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The secret mystery episode, holy poo poo, the archery, and that button!? I said too much!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
carnival magic and cry wilderness are easily as good as golden age sci fi channel episodes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Carnival Magic just did not do it for me at all. But that's the great thing about MST, there's so many episodes out there you don't HAVE to like the same ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think my favorite episode is The Loves of Hercules because I'm a sucker for those sorts of stupid "epic" movies.