Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mr. Sunshine posted:

600.000 usd just sitting in the bank? Jesus gently caress dude, pay off your student debt and loving buy yourself an apartment you don't have to share with three crackheads.
I get it, you're depressed and hate yourself. But hating yourself in your own home with no debt is better than hating yourself while jerking off once a week cause you have no privacy.

Alternatively, living with the crackheads and the resultant lack of privacy makes it harder for him to deepthroat a shotgun and end it all. Moving into a new place on his own will likely just hasten him down the wind, especially with that prodigious alcohol intake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
He has every skill and qualification needed to teach English in Asia.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The fact that he shares space with 6 other people who are undoubtedly also negative influences on his life is definitely contributing to his depression, but it's not the main cause and I worry that putting him into more isolation will cause more problems than it solves, because, again, he is a suicide risk

That's why I didn't say "use your money to get better living conditions," I said "use your money to procure psychiatric treatment." He needs to get himself in order before he gets all of his non-self affairs in order.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

loving throw the 600k into mutual funds and live off the dividends. You can still keep your lovely apartment-once a week jerk off drink 6 cases of beer a day sharing a room with a heroin addict life and still have money left over.

GoodApollo
Jul 9, 2005

If he's seeing things his liver might be shutting down. So yeah go to a hospital.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's hard to say if moving out would be a good or bad thing for him, but speaking from personal experience getting away from everything can be a huge help. Maybe don't live alone, but move out of your current apartment.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A lovely environment of drug users and losers is doing more damage than good.

Living on your own will actually allow room to breathe and re-examine your life through the lens of comfort.

Take 500,000 and invest it in the lowest risk dividend portfolio you can find (hire a nice accountant or financial adviser!) and then take the other hundred grand and buy a house and stop wasting your life feeling sorry for yourself.

If you feel like living in a house buy yourself is too much, you can then rent the room in your own house out to someone who meant a loving train wreck.

Or seriously just get a dog. When my ex-wife left me at a young age for a much older man, I was a gonner. I lost a month of my life just waking up surrounded by cans and bottles and gross people. I went down to the train station every day and watched trains go by willing myself to jump in front but never wanting to impede the schedules of the people on it, so I’d just buy another pair of 40oz and go home.

But my dog got me out of bed every day, she kicked my rear end and made me take her for walks and eventually I realized “hey it’s not my dog’s fault im a loving loser, she needs food and love and attention and I gotta do for her what she can’t do for myself.

My dog saved my life. That was 10 years and my dog is sleeping right next to me in my bed right now. Go to the pound and grab a rescue dog and buy a nice house and get the gently caress out of the shithole it’s bad for you.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

My man, buy yourself a modest place and if you still feel like you don't deserve that remaining money, dedicate yourself to volunteer work or something that'll put meaning to your life.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Bust Rodd posted:

A lovely environment of drug users and losers is doing more damage than good.

Living on your own will actually allow room to breathe and re-examine your life through the lens of comfort.

Take 500,000 and invest it in the lowest risk dividend portfolio you can find (hire a nice accountant or financial adviser!) and then take the other hundred grand and buy a house and stop wasting your life feeling sorry for yourself.

If you feel like living in a house buy yourself is too much, you can then rent the room in your own house out to someone who meant a loving train wreck.

Or seriously just get a dog. When my ex-wife left me at a young age for a much older man, I was a gonner. I lost a month of my life just waking up surrounded by cans and bottles and gross people. I went down to the train station every day and watched trains go by willing myself to jump in front but never wanting to impede the schedules of the people on it, so I’d just buy another pair of 40oz and go home.

But my dog got me out of bed every day, she kicked my rear end and made me take her for walks and eventually I realized “hey it’s not my dog’s fault im a loving loser, she needs food and love and attention and I gotta do for her what she can’t do for myself.

My dog saved my life. That was 10 years and my dog is sleeping right next to me in my bed right now. Go to the pound and grab a rescue dog and buy a nice house and get the gently caress out of the shithole it’s bad for you.

Who rescued who, indeed!

Can someone really drink 68 beers in one day? That seems insane to me, but I've never been and haven't ever really hung around serious drinkers, I guess.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who rescued who, indeed!

Can someone really drink 68 beers in one day? That seems insane to me, but I've never been and haven't ever really hung around serious drinkers, I guess.

Its about a 1.75L / day hard liquor habit, not unheard of.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I've had family that could put down a thirty rack like nothing. And that's someone with a family, children they have to interact with, a spouse, etc. I suspect 68 could be possible in the exact right circumstances.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who rescued who, indeed!

You betcha.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The sheer liquid volume would canx me out. Not the abv

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What I don't get is why you'd stop at 68

one more makes the funny sex number

quote:

Regarding the chick with a dick confession, my best friend is in a relationship with a transgender woman (male to female).

She is pre op and he was otherwise straight before he met her. Although when they began their relationship he knew she was transgender. I've asked him how they have sex and he says they do it doggy style while he jerks her off. He doesn't suck her dick though.

Not really a confession so here's mine.

I jerk off to the thought of people dying. Not having sex with the corpses or anything, more having sex with the grieving relatives. I imagine my wife dying and seducing her sister through shared grief, same with my best friend and his (non trans) wife.

SKIPPING: "I am racist yes indeed" and another that appears to be the ravings of a druggie (nothing interesting sorry)

Go get something to drink before reading this one, she's a long'un

quote:

Back in May I (35m) finally met a gal (25f) that I had heard from a friend that we might get on well together. She was at the bar with a guy that night and they dropped acid together right before the bar closed. The dude gave me a hit too, since he was trying to drum up new customers. I guess she got them a hotel for the night and he wound up passing out and since this was her first trip, I was texting her throughout. We wound up on a date a few days later and hit it off pretty well.

I had known of her from seeing her in my local kink scene. We wound up developing a D/s relationship and both agreed to be polyamorous with the only real rules for the relationship being tell the other partner:
If you have sex with someone
The persons STI status and when it was last checked
If protection was used, and what kind

Things were amazing at first. She's the best in bed that I've ever had and she says I'm the best she's had. We share a lot of the same love for certain foods and beer. She slept around a lot, at least a dozen guys within the six months we were together. Which was fine and totally within the bounds of our rules, but she always said it didn't mean anything to her to sleep with someone. I had a steady fwb that I wasn't getting feelings for before we even met, which was ongoing. At some point I met and started dating someone younger than her.

As things became more emotionally involved between us, they became more complicated. When she was drunk (which was often) she would always bash the looks of fwb, and always tell me that I would trade her in for a newer, more attractive model with the younger lady I had met. She had become emotionally vulnerable to me which isn't something she does with people so I think she was just constantly worried I would leave her. But that in itself would cause strain in our relationship. I repeatedly tried to explain to her that I like each of the women in my life for different reasons, and even though I tried assuring her that I wouldn't leave her for the younger one, things with the younger lady were progressing so slow I didn't expect them to really go anywhere anyway.

The fwb worked for an airline so she'd join me on work trips and even took me to another country for my birthday. She and I shared appreciation for industrial music, which is not exactly easy to find. So we would go to concerts together. The other lady was indeed attractive and younger, and we shared gaming and other nerdy interests. But these were exactly the points my main gal brought up when she was drunk. Even though I was spending five or more nights a week with her at my place, she still didn't feel secure.

Eventually she started slamming my bedroom door when she would storm off during one of these fights. I told her repeatedly she couldn't do that because in an apartment complex, that can threaten my ability to have a home if people start complaining about noise at 3-5am. She threw things at me resulting in big dents in my wall. Again, threatening the roof over my head. I told her I wouldn't stand for it anymore.

She was pretty open with me when she would sleep with people, which I appreciated she was being honest with me. Then one night she comes out of a bar we're at while I'm smoking and tells me some random guy kissed her on the lips and stumbled away. That's not even needed to be stated within the bounds of our rules, but I appreciate it. She goes back inside and a bar buddy comes out and says she nearly tackled the guy and ate his face off, that he didn't know what was going on. Other bar patrons corroborate this. Why would she lie about that when it was totally fine to do?

Another incident I learned later that was untrue: She was doing laundry and some guy grabbed her rear end on the way out of the laundromat. No words, just an rear end grab and then he was gone. I later learned they exchanged numbers. While she didn't entertain the beyond a few texts, it still strikes me as odd to lie about the nature of that encounter when it's perfectly acceptable within the rules of our relationship.

During one fight she dumped food that the fwb had made for me into a trash can and then proceeded to kick it over, getting it everywhere. She then cut her wrist pretty badly, but not in such a way that she was going to bleed much. After slamming my door shut I asked her to leave and she refused so I called the cops. She didn't believe that I had till she showed up at which point she profusely apologized and I waved the cops off. Once they were gone she escalated and started throwing things at me so I called her mother which calmed her down enough for us to get to bed for the night.

After bending over backwards for her birthday the first week of November to do everything I could to make it enjoyable, including letting her stay with me the entire week, I asked for the following Friday to be my social night without her. She agreed. Friday before Thanksgiving comes and she gets cut from work early and we're texting and she asks me to grab her on my way home from the thing I was at. I wasn't leaving any time soon but I was able to get a friend that was leaving to give her a ride home. Once she's home we're texting and she keeps telling me she doesn't want to spend the evening home alone. Round and round the conversation goes for an hour and a half till I finally ask if I get her an uber to the bars if that'll fulfill her need to not be alone all night and she concedes. Once she's dropped off she asks to meet to figure out a gameplan and I tell her simply meet at the late-night bar at 3 and we'll go home together. Around 2am rolls around and she spots me and tries to make the rest of the night "our" night. I stand my ground and tell her she's basically already ruined my social night away from her and she storms off. Finally at like 230 she comes up and asks if we can just go home to which I agree to.

She tries to pick a fight with me in the car on the way to Taco Bell but I ask her to wait till she's sober because we've had these fights before and I feel like they've never resulted in change. She holds off but only till we get home. We make it home and I haven't even unwrapped my food and she starts bitching about how I acted tonight and she starts throwing chips at me. I'm intoxicated too, so I throw them back. Then she throws an empty cheese cup at me and I throw it back. Then she throws the bag that has the rest of her food at me and I block it, it explodes on the wall behind me. She comes at me like she's going to tackle me to make her point so I push her off the couch. She scrambles up and grabs a knife from the kitchen and puts it to my big toe (I'm reclined). I tell her don't be stupid, that she's not going to do that, then she moves it up to my ankle. I reiterate how she's not going to do that and to not be dumb... But she presses down on the knife, cutting my ankle. She returns the knife to the kitchen and slams the door as she goes to my bedroom. I call the cops and she hears the operator asking me questions so she comes out and begs me not to do this.

At this point, I'm done trying anymore. The cops have to arrest someone when there's a domestic assault with a deadly weapon so they cart her off after a few hours of asking questions, taking pictures, and everything. I let her mom know. She's a total princess, so jail isn't exactly her speed, but I think some actual jailtime might give her a bit of a wake-up call. She has three felonies and a misdemeanor stacked against her. I talk to the prosecutor and tell them that I think she has undiagnosed and untreated mental health issues (mom and I agree it's probably BPD since she basically checks every box I've read that points to signs someone may have it), and I think a felonies and the jailtime that come with them isn't going to help. So the plea her out to just the misdemeanor with alcohol abuse classes, to get mental health treatment, and attend a battery prevention class.

When she goes to jail I end things with the fwb and the younger lady works retail so I didn't get to see her I thought because she was working too much.

While in jail, she's calling me basically non-stop and apologizing excessively, promising to get help when she gets out. When she gets out, the first night she runs off and gets banged by three guys at the same time. It doesn't set the impression to me that she's really up for getting better. We finally meet up a few days later and she's already picked out a few different places to go for mental health. We were hoping she could get in-patient care for 30 days but at least in this area in-patient is reserved for suicidal people. She finds an intensive outpatient care facility and starts attending. At this point I've made distance, to remind her we're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend, but I want to see her through this and help her any way I can as a friend. It sounds like it's going very well. They do wind up diagnosing her with BPD. She's on meds, and this week will be the end of the third week of 9am-4pm treatment. I spoke to her councilor a few days ago and the councilor says she's doing amazingly.

We met up yesterday and she handed me a letter. The basic gist of the letter is "I need stability, and I want you in my life, but I only want monogamy" Which I'll admit I thought "if/when we get back together, I need us to be monogamous at least for a short while so I can rebuild the trust and commitment to each other" but I wasn't ready for it this soon. I feel like she needs to fix herself before she sets out to fix our relationship. I asked her to bring this up in group today so I'm waiting to hear what they said there. I just think it's too early to say she's well enough to try and rebuild a relationship with me. She even admitted "the person I was last week isn't the same person I am now" and I would agree. She's very effectively communicating her needs to me and it sounds like she's opening up to her family more as well as working out some lovely childhood that's obviously led to her issues now.

My current dilemma is if I should insist she focus on improving herself before trying to take on this relationship again. In the course of writing this ridiculous story, she's gotten back to me and the therapist says the stability of a monogamous relationship will be very beneficial to her.

I gotta say the number one thought on my mind the whole time I was reading this was "open or not, this relationship needs to end"

Like, I was astounded you hadn't already ended it around the time she went to jail for domestic assault with a deadly weapon. I dunno, it's good that she's getting treatment, but considering all that's happened I think you can be forgiven for taking a little break from her.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

let her cut off your dick it’s the only answer here

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Don't go back. I was with someone monogamously for a while who would act the same way. It will not get better and this will only happen again. I don't really want to go into all my details but every time I'd go back to her things would get worse and worse.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Dude she tried to cut your foot off with a knife. I know it feels bad to leave someone who's in a troubled state and who had a tough childhood, but that should be a hard red line in any relationship.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Also even if it wasn't for that, throwing things at you and physically attacking you unarmed (lol that we have to make this distinction) is serious domestic abuse and you shouldn't let the fact that she's suffering from BPD, which many people manage and treat without ever attacking their loved ones with edged weapons, give her an excuse to abuse you.

People who have mental health problems and bad childhoods are still responsible for their actions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The fact that you wrote that entire confession and still don't know the answer tells me that you shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone either. Cause you're an idiot. Break it off. Or ask her therapist what she's told her about your relationship. Cause I doubt she's been 100% honest.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
saw this and thought of u dear thread.

https://twitter.com/tshirtsbot/status/953115913607368704

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I get that you want to help her turn her life around and bring some stability to her, but "You attacked me with a knife" should be the start and end of that loving conversation.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I swear I read that last confession in the r/relationships thread. I’d search it but I’m phoneposting. If I’m wrong, I’m not THAT wrong because it’d fit right in.

Maybe it’s just the (age/gender) format getting to me.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
you are a dumbass for open relationship poo poo and a dumbass for thinking this one would work even if it were a real relationship

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GUUUUUUUYS!!!!!!

Fututor Magnus posted:

i am sane and without any assignable mental illnesses. so sane, my therapist decided it was a good idea to gently caress me, and you ask me why i hate sex.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

GUUUUUUUYS!!!!!!

:wth: HE'S ALIVE

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And he's crazier than ever!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

And he's crazier than ever!

whos dat?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't think that's actually therapy goon, since I looked into the thread a little more and the therapist in question appears to be a dude

But it was fun to imagine

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

I don't think that's actually therapy goon, since I looked into the thread a little more and the therapist in question appears to be a dude

But it was fun to imagine

the dude is my current gay therapist, the one who hosed me is the prior one. it's sad, she actually wanted more. this is the tragedy of human relationships being based around sex.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Fututor Magnus posted:

the dude is my current gay therapist, the one who hosed me is the prior one. it's sad, she actually wanted more. this is the tragedy of human relationships being based around sex.

This is not the same guy, and not funny or compelling in any way. I wish this dude would go away

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Let's say it all together everyone

👏 open 👏 relationships 👏 don't 👏 work 👏

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fututor Magnus posted:

Therapists who gently caress their clients are generally manipulative and emotionally abusive and looking for "broken" people to boss around, and the famous therapy goon from Thread Lore got into a long-term relationship with his therapist, who was the first woman to have sex with him, only to find out she was manipulative and emotionally abusive

So in other words good on you for not giving her more

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Therapists who gently caress their clients are generally manipulative and emotionally abusive and looking for "broken" people to boss around, and the famous therapy goon from Thread Lore got into a long-term relationship with his therapist, who was the first woman to have sex with him, only to find out she was manipulative and emotionally abusive

So in other words good on you for not giving her more

lmao that's loving pathetic.

nah, i just happened to get hosed by therapy seller who was bit broken herself. i came to therapy store for therapy, not this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, this guy isn't as endearing as our guy.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, this guy isn't as endearing as our guy.

i like his story, though. even if it's made up, it's at least one more proof of what sex is. that is, sex os at it's core a playground for power. it shares that with war, and politics, institutions that need either the fat trimmed, or total elimination.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fututor Magnus posted:

i like his story, though. even if it's made up, it's at least one more proof of what sex is. that is, sex os at it's core a playground for power. it shares that with war, and politics, institutions that need either the fat trimmed, or total elimination.

Do you do alot of drugs? You sound like you do alot of drugs.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just for fun, here's the Therapy Goon saga in its entirety, thanks to Gmail's search function and his code phrase

Gotta split it into two posts thanks to SA's character limit

quote:

I had a weird thing happen to me. First things first. I'm a loser goon in his early 30s, like apparently in many of the anonymous confessions. Always the smart kid at school, always told that he'll amount to something one day but a chronic underachiever who ended up doing nothing with his life. I regret this every day now. I even still live with my parents. The whole nine yards. I'm not fat or goony-looking though, if you saw me on the street without knowing me you wouldn't think I'm the massive loser I am. Until a few days ago, the only contact I ever had with a woman was holding her hands for a few seconds.

My Birthday in September last year send me down a depressive spiral because I had the feeling my life will never change. Honestly, I was an inch away from killing myself. I then had a heartfelt talk with my only friend of ten years and came to the conclusion that I have been sabotaging myself my entire life. Many opportunities - career-wise or with women - just wasted because of my self-destructive tendencies and my self-loathing and fear of change. With age the chances became fewer and farther in between. Now I was here. 33, recently jobless and a kissless virgin. Often too anxious to even go outside the house. Wasting my life away with video games and lying to myself. What kind of life is this?

Instead of killing myself, I decided to give therapy a try at least. I live in a country where healthcare is provided to everyone so me being poor was not a problem. The therapists that are covered by my health insurance have to go to through quite a few hoops to get certified to get at that sweet, sweet insurance money so they're all psychologists with diploma, no energy-realigining or other new age nonsense if you don't pay out of your own pocket for it. I went shopping for therapists for cognitive behavioural therapy in my area, some didn't really seem to be a good fit, some others had waiting lists as long as my arm, but there was one I found who even had her practice nearby. She wasn't my first choice because I felt a female therapist would make me too shy to be really open about everything (especially my problems with women) and she is also very young, about my age (maybe a little bit older, maybe a little bit younger, I don't know) a blonde woman, quite cute. I ran out of options and didn't really feel like waiting 6-8 months to start with therapy because I know I'd just give up on it. She could offer the first few contact sessions immediately so I gave it a shot.

So the first few sessions came and went and it all felt kinda difficult and unpleasant but she came across as quite sharp and professional but still very friendly and I decided to go with her. We made quite a bit of progress in relatively short time and I was looking forward to my sessions because I started to get a different perspective on life, a life which I have apparently given up a long time ago. Honestly I didn't even know half of how needlessly difficult my life really was and how I was my own biggest enemy. We started not only talking about my problems but also about world and local events here and there for a few minutes. One time she stayed with me in her practice after she normally closes, and we chatted for a bit until the sun started setting. I found out that she studied in another state, wasn't in my city or doing this for long and didn't feel quite at home yet. She also told me about her two cats. (I have a cat myself) The tone was so different from how she uses to be, friendly but distanced. She seemed a lot more warm. Apparently her parents are wealthy and in the field too. I went home with a very nice and warm feeling that day for having a nice conversation with someone (very rare for me) but also somehow felt this was a little inappropriate maybe. I discarded the thought because no harm done, right? Who doesn't like to chat? For weeks afterwards our therapy sessions then had their normal 50 minutes again and we didn't chat much besides that any more, which kind of was a hint that this indeed was inappropriate.

I still always avoided the topic with women somewhat because it's an emotional minefield for me. Contrary to other goon confessions it's not really like I have zero experience with women, but more that they mostly were internet based (with only a few real meetings) and all overtly complicated and catastrophic. One time I even got scammed. I don't really like talking about it, let's just say I wasted a lot of time on people just not worth it. I again met a woman on the internet in the last months and this time the contact fell apart in the record time of only three weeks. I was crushed even though it was stupid to get my hopes up like that in such a short time, so I bought this up in therapy. I ended up getting very emotional (that's very rare for me, I got kinda cold and cynic with the years) pouring my heart out, about how often I got hurt in sometimes very brutal ways. How I am afraid that I will never know what a kiss feels like. I then told her how once a woman from another country came visit me and how this was the best week of my life, even though she rejected me romantically. I didn't really notice it then but when I described how I held hands with her I held my own hands and looked downwards at them. I was choking back tears because I loved that woman a lot and she just abandoned me like many other people in my life.

Suddenly my therapist was standing in front of me. She put her hands onto mine, pulled them apart and then put them into hers. I noticed how one of her thumbs was stroking gently over the back of one of my hands. Her hands were a bit colder than mine but this was still very nice. I looked up, my heart was racing so hard, I could hear it pumping in my ears. I was afraid I'll pass out any moment. She looked into my eyes with such warmth, then leaned down to me, closed her eyes and kissed me. On my mouth. All the impressions, the smell of her, her hair, her warmth, how her lips trembled a little bit before kissing me. It felt like an eternity, I froze. It was overwhelming. I am even shivering when I think about it now. After what felt like hours she then let go of my hands, stood up, visibly shaken and choking back tears herself and asked me to "please leave now" in that same non-professional tone of weeks before. I did without saying a word, stumbled out of her door, barely being able to put my jacket on. I'm not even sure how I got home, I was so out of it. I felt amazing, even though besides finding her generally attractive I honestly never did see her that way.

So this was last Wednesday. Our session is always on Wednesday. I am mortified of what will be next week. I expect a text or a call from her saying that we can't have the sessions anymore, which frankly would be hard for me. I have no idea what to expect and I am a bit horrified. Not saying this was a bad experience -it was amazing- But yeah. I have no idea how to handle this, or what to say. Or to say anything.

quote:

Therapy goon here. She texted me this morning. Actually, she texted me two times. The first one was that she can't make the appointment on Wednesday but would like to see me on Friday afternoon if that was ok for me. About half an hour later I got another message (I didn't see the first one at that point, I don't check my phone often, nobody ever messages me) which detailed that she really thinks we need to talk "about everything" but that she can understand if I don't want to see her again and will respect it if I do not want any contact. She does think though that no matter what I should continue therapy and she could refer me to a colleague and also make sure I'll get a better spot in his waiting list. She then said that she really hopes to see me on Friday and asked that I reply if I am ok with this.

I really do want to talk about this to her so I replied that I'll see her on Friday, I got a "see you on Friday, thank you" nearly instantly as response.

I want to make clear that I'm not in love with her or anything like that. I was hurt way, way too often to just fall in love like that for a kiss. I barely even know her really. I do find her attractive, though. She's the pale, blonde, blue-eyed, petite kind of woman, which also means that I'm sure I could defend myself if she makes me uncomfortable. I am many things, "petite" is not one of them. I also don't plan on reporting her to anyone or tell anybody. I am very aware what she did was unprofessional and inappropriate, but I want to at least talk about it. I understand people make mistakes, I made a lot of those myself in my life. I can keep you guys posted if you're interested. Here's hoping I don't get raped and/or murdered on Friday!

quote:

Therapy goon here. Yeah, well. When I got there first thing I noticed was that she wasn't in her usual office stuff but completely casual. Maybe it sounds like a weird thing to notice, but I never saw her dressed like that in the months I've known her now and that made it weird to me. Her make-up was different somehow too. It all made her look a lot younger.

She was obviously nervous. The whole thing was super awkward. We were barely making eye contact. Honestly, I just wanted to get up and leave. I felt very tense. It's funny because I first wanted to talk about this and when I was there, I suddenly didn't feel like talking about it at all. I would have been perfectly fine with having a normal session and just pretending that nothing happened.

Yeah, as goons said in the thread and I was also assuming, the gist was that she can't be my therapist anymore after what happened. She told me about her colleague for referral and that she respects him very much, the usual stuff. Didn't expect anything else, she's not gonna say "well I don't know him really but it's all I could do". Apparently he's quite a bit older than me and that might be a positive, too. When I was searching I somehow felt it was weird to have this therapist/client relationship with somebody my age or younger. That's probably my own hang-up, but yeah. What was important for me though is I won't have much interruption in my sessions, everything was set and I just had to say the word, she will take care of everything paperwork-wise and my therapy sessions as green-lighted by the insurance company will continue with him "at the very latest" next month. I don't know how it is in the US or elsewhere, but in my country that's a minor wonder. I had waiting times of on average 6 to 8 months quoted at me, and this worried me a lot. I didn't want to be yet another year older to continue this. The only alternative would've been a clinic and yeah, I am really not interested in that. My place was not that bad, and even if it was I wouldn't want to go into a clinic. So I agreed with her plan.

She apologized profusely in regards of mistreating our therapist/client relationship like she did and that it was very wrong and unprofessional behaviour of her. She also was meeting me off-hours today as she didn't find it right to waste my therapy session (and get paid I assume) to talk about this. I assumed the conversation would end here, and we would say our good-byes.

Yeah, but the conversation with her didn't end here. Turns out she apparently had a thing for me for a while, at first she thought it was a passing infatuation, but then it just got deeper with time and getting to know me better, she said what she liked but I don't want to repeat it. She started looking forward to seeing me, even knowing it was not right to feel that way. She tried to remain as professional as possible because she wanted to keep seeing me and helping me and I guess she did a good job because this came out of nowhere for me. Besides getting kissed by her, obviously. I might also be a very dense fucker. The more I think about it now, there more I see some possible hints for that, like the one time I had an eyelash stuck in my eye (I don't recommend it) and she helped me get it out and got really close with her face. Or how touchy-feely she always was, for example when I put on my winter clothes (we have brutal winters here) being with her hands all over my clothing and my scarf and collar, straightening them out while in conversation. Before you ask, yeah I'm able to dress myself, have been for a while now even! Dozen other tiny things like that where she came a bit into my personal space. I didn't think much about it and some people are just touchy-feely and always with their hands all over you and it doesn't really mean anything. Maybe it didn't mean anything anyways. Who knows.

But I didn't notice a thing. She said what happened last week was pretty much proof to her that she just can't remain at a distance. I touched her deeply and she just wanted to comfort me, she just felt that I needed her as a woman, and it made her so sad herself that I am so hurt, because she felt so close to me then, as stupid as that might sound. It did sound a bit stupid. I will not deny that I felt very touched though, but I also felt this was a bit weird and I really wasn't sure we even should have this talk or I even should know this. This is also normally the moment I run away from any kind of emotional closeness. I decided to ignore all those doubts this time.

She wasn't a therapist for me at that moment. I started calling her by her first name, I told her how I felt about it. I left the parts of being overwhelmed and maybe a little uncomfortable out, and put weight on the part about it being amazing a bit more, That it really gave me something. That I felt attraction too. Yeah somewhat of a white lie, or a slight distortion but whatever. I didn't want to make this more weird and complicated than it already was. Long story short, we agreed we are going to explore this together and that I will get to learn more about her. She said it's still inappropriate but that are feelings she will have to deal with herself. She wants to go for it, and we both don't want to have to regret not doing it. She seemed happy with that, and quite frankly, she looks even more gorgeous when she smiles.

I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I might be a sadbrains virgin loser, but I'm also aware this might end not so well and is not the best idea two people ever had together. I'm also aware she might be a bit weird for even letting this happen. I'm not that naive. But oh my god, I'm just so. tired. of being alone. A few weeks ago I noticed that some of my hairs are turning grey. I don't want to loving go my entire life alone without this experience of just being with a woman. You know what your dating prospects are as a 33 year old recently unemployed man who lives with his parents? Exactly. I'm also really loving tired of meeting women on the internet who live somewhere on the globe where I'll probably never meet them anyways. Very neurotic and weird women that often suffer from some kind of mental illness and/or are way too young for me. I'm tired of my "relationships" ending with dramatic typing and a block in some messenger program. It might work out for some people but I wasted way too many years with that poo poo.

On new years I sat with my parents (who are starting to get old very noticeably) and my boring as gently caress extended family, who are all too cheap for some proper fireworks for their kids so I spent the evening entertaining them with silly indoor poo poo. I then ended up going to my room and you know what I did? I cried, telling myself that I died and this is obviously hell, then begging God or Satan or whoever is listening to kill me because nobody ever should feel that alone. Admittedly, I had a few too many. But - I'm just so loving tired of always being alone with everything and that is my excuse, I do not know what hers is and also you know what, gently caress it. I don't even care. I've got nothing to lose. I want somebody I can do things with, share things with, and do sex things with and why not? She's smart, cute, she likes me. She's got a good career. She has a pulse. More than I can ask for already!

We talked some more, I wasn't so comfortable with talking in her office sitting in that chair and her sitting in hers and we agreed we should go elsewhere but not today, because I had to babysit my niece. Yes, I'm the weird uncle. She offered to drive me there, and I went for it. She drives a very nice car. After we arrived we kept sitting in the car and talked some more. I learned a few things about her. She's well-read, which I liked because I read a lot too (less since I got so depressed) and I rarely meet people who read or have read anything besides stuff like Harry Potter. A bit quirky and awkward maybe. I found that cute. Surprisingly chatty. I'm not sure if it is because she's probably the whitest person on earth but in the dim lighting she also looked absolutely stunning, especially her eyes. I felt pretty good about my decision. We kissed again. It went a bit farther than last time. I'm going to see her again tomorrow.

So yeah, maybe this is all very wrong. I won't even deny it but I'm currently listening to some BoC and I feel great. It's hard to explain. It's like a high. Nothing seems out of my reach. This permanent stress and pressure I felt all day, every day is just gone for now. I feel so young. I can't even remember ever feeling this way before. It's also funny that I always thought I'd somehow screw up french kissing. She seemed happy, I could feel it. We've been texting and I guess I'm going to change her contact to her first name now. Small thing but still a weird feeling, especially when I just look at the messages and how they're suddenly so personal and were just about some appointment things earlier. I'm not sure about tomorrow or next week or next month, today helped but of course I'm not completely past as seeing her as my therapist just like that and it sat in the back of my head the entire time. Things like she's got a file and notes with my name on it. I also don't know if I can bring this up to the other therapist. I think she knew for a bit longer what she wanted, on my side this entire situation is completely new. I don't want to dwell on it and I'll hold onto this as best as I can - because yes, I like her a lot. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

This was an incredibly dense day, felt like more happened today than the last four years. I'll probably proceed to freak out tomorrow, but today I had a great day. Is this alright? Can I have a great day? I think I can. Sorry for this long word salad.

quote:

Therapy goon here. I thought I'd post an update since it was requested. I mostly lurk on SA. I didn't really do much of that either in the last weeks. The first date was a disaster and I thought that was the end of it, everything was suddenly super awkward, it was like a meeting an ex-coworker you are cordial with but don't really have anything to say to outside of work. Thank god we have somewhat similar views and interests and so actually ended up finding things to talk and bond about. We also have a very similar sense of humor and that helped a lot too, mostly in getting over the terrible awkwardness of it all. In the beginning we sort of kept pulling each other back into the thing when the other one wanted to run away. I am not sure in what other words to put it. That was just a very short phase though, since then we spent a lot of time together.

Things are honestly going well, but a few things bother me. She has a bit of a controlling and commandeering nature. I guess that is not the worst thing for me, as I am not the most disciplined person alive and can use a kick sometimes. She doesn't like me wasting my time and it's a lot of what I do and did. She constantly wants me to do things that are admittedly good for me and spend my time in more productive ways but I feel a bit crowded sometimes. This came up in therapy too of course but I have the feeling her therapist-her was a bit more patient and understanding in these regards and I'm not sure where some of that attitude comes from now. Well, maybe she was just more indifferent. I used to write but gave up on it like on most things. She read some of what I wrote and said it's great. I don't know about that but she pushes me to write more. Things like that. Maybe not incredibly useful but somehow I notice myself that I feel better when I do something, anything really.

She messages me all the time, constantly asking what I am doing and requesting to tell her more. If you want to have a confession here I have to secretly admit that I do actually enjoy all that attention she gives me right now very much, even though I am aware it is all a bit weird. I enjoy it because I have to honestly say nobody ever before cared that much about (or well, try "at all") what I do or think or for the fact that I even exist. Not even partially. Yes that's sad but well, that was my life. She also listens to me and engages me in conversation and I never really had that either with the women in my past. I don't really have the feeling I have to "win her over" or "entertain her", if that makes any sense to anyone. Talking to her is incredibly stimulating. She's smart, she's educated and it's just so rare for me to meet someone like that. We even had a conversation about freaking Koyaanisqatsi of all things that didn't include the statement that it was a "weird movie". We both were touched to tears by the falling engine part. What more could I possibly want? (I'm joking, but only a little bit) Anyways, I didn't even realize how starved for actual conversation I was.

Somehow we also skipped past the getting to know each other stage we agreed early on. After not even two weeks she just said something (I don't remember what it was) and added "but well, I'm your girlfriend, so". That part of the sentence I remember very well. I admit, I didn't protest and I am also not sure how you can protest without ruining everything but I didn't really feel like we were that far along and was a bit speechless. Maybe I'm a bit childish about this and there are no rules, I have zero experience. I'm just being honest about that. I'm also more laid back than her, she gets frustrated pretty quickly.

For example: We went to a restaurant, and my dish was a bit bigger and came with a side of salad. I said that this is a bit much for me. She said then "We will share, ok?" and without even waiting for an answer moved her chair over to mine and dug right into my salad. I said jokingly "hey I wanted to eat that", or something of that nature, I don't remember. I'm putting the stress on jokingly, I did not mind this. She dropped her silverware on her plate, moved her chair back and stopped eating then and there. I told her that it was a joke and she can eat whatever she wants from my plate, she just replied that she "doesn't appreciate such jokes" in such a flippant and angry tone I haven't heard from her before, while looking at me with the most piercing bright-blue murder-eyes which made me super uncomfortable. I was caught completely off-guard and instead of asking "what the hell" - Yeah, I apologized, without even really knowing why. Not my proudest moment. She accepted but she did not eat anything else, either from her or from my plate. Just sat there, looking upset and barely reacting to conversation. Needless to say, I didn't finish my plate either. I have never seen her quite like that or even imagined she could be that way and I am not going to lie, this was a bit scary. Especially the way she flipped so quickly into this mood.

She was a bit stand-offish afterwards, then that evening she whispered an "I love you" to me while we were watching movies at her place and it caught me so off-guard that I froze up. Nobody ever said that to me. I didn't know what to say and just replied something along the lines of "Yeah, me too" of course meaning I feel the same for her, not that I'm loving myself. Yes, like some bumbling idiot which I still cringe about when thinking back to it. Well, it made her laugh. She then went into this huge explanation about what happened earlier and how at her home eating at the table was sort of the rule and it was all a bit strict and super stressful and sometimes yelling was involved. Not sure what it had to do with what happened but I understood her childhood wasn't the best and there was some weird stuff going on there, it wasn't the first time this came up. Well, whatever. She apologized, but did vehemently deny that she was angry, which she obviously was. I didn't dig here, I felt very good with cuddling with her on the couch at that moment and it frankly just was not important. It's a strange side to her I didn't quite ever imagine she had. As private person she is very warm but below that slightly quirky exterior she is pretty high energy. There is also some anger and frustration I have seen so far shine through here and there that really surprises me. Also yes, an "I love you" after about three weeks, but alright. It doesn't bother me to say it. I feel very strong things for her and I just go along with the flow, because I have a lot of catching up to do.

..and yes, we slept together, yes we still do. Sorry, no horror stories or embarrassing details about "my first time". The worst part about it was buying and getting acquainted with condoms for the first time at the age of 33. I remember waking up in the middle of the night once because she tiptoed out of bed to go to the kitchen and I saw her from the back, Illuminated by the street lights, half-dressed and her hair all over the place. I don't know why but seeing her like that made me feel incredibly satisfied. I think that was also the first time I stopped seeing myself as some troubled kid who'll turn his life around some day and instead saw myself as the 33 year old man I somehow managed to turn into. That's what it took, somehow. I just didn't feel alone anymore.

I feel a lot less suicidal these days. I started thinking about my future again for the first time in years. The first time anyways where my future plans didn't end in jumping off some very high place. I am a bit scared about some aspects there especially since I feel it will be incredibly hard for me to work normally again and well, I'm not 23 anymore but I don't want to get into that, that's what my new therapist will be for. I feel a lot less bitter about "missed time" and I just want to try to make the best of the time I have now. It's not that I'm that old either. My mind even feels more acute, like some fog has been lifted. It's almost like my brain works better.

My parents couldn't be happier. I even told them she was my previous therapist and that's how we met and they simply just didn't care. They don't care when and if I come home, no questions asked. My mother wanted to know what she looks like and I showed her a picture. She looked at me with what I can only describe as joy and surprise. Her first words were "ohh, a blonde!". Well, yes. Thanks mom.

What actually bothers me really is the spending. I can't keep up. She has a lot more money than me, her family is also loaded from all I could gather. Maybe not rich, but certainly not far away from it. She lives in a nice place and also drives a very nice car, which makes me think mom and dad are spending quite some money on her still. I Just can't imagine she earns that much, I might be wrong though. I went through what little I can scratch together monthly in no time and she just keeps inviting me and paying for me and I am not very comfortable with this but she won't really take an no and tells me just to relax and not worry. I'm used to get the most value possible out of $5 and she just drops money anywhere and everywhere and it's just strange for me. I'm not comfortable with her spending on me and I will have to bring this up somehow, just not sure how. I also have to admit I've seen more of my city in the last weeks than in the ten years before because of this. She also gave me an expensive gift (about ~lower three-figure sum in dollars) for a hobby of mine. She knows from the therapy days that a big thing that bothered me is how nobody ever really gave me a genuine, thoughtful present my entire life. It was very thoughtful and she must have done some research, it's also not something you can just buy in the store so she must have been on the lookout since shortly after we started dating. I was very touched but kept feeling it was a bit much, and well- a bit crazy. Of course I didn't let her know or showed in any way because I didn't want to be an rear end in a top hat about it, she was super excited and happy and which rear end in a top hat says then "I can't accept this, this is too expensive"?

So yes, this entire thing is going super fast and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I maybe sound negative about it but she is a good person and does mean a whole lot to me and I want this relationship to work and I am 100% sure I want her in my life and share it with her but the speed of everything is a bit much for me and I'd wish she mellow down a little bit, especially with the money. I feel like an rear end in a top hat for writing this because it's somehow exactly what I always wanted, through sheer luck I got it now and I feel I just should be thankful instead. Maybe I'm just doubting because my experiences so far were very different. I also really, really want to be with her and it makes me very happy to spend time with her and all that stuff people in love say that's incredibly annoying when you're not in love yourself. I will spare you that. I guess I'll just see what happens.

quote:

Therapy goon here. It's been a while.

I have a big problem.

I made the mistake to move in with her and she's in all aspects of my life. I have basically no private room any more. She is super jealous. I'm not allowed to talk or even look at any woman. I mean I can risk it but it's not a good idea if I want my peace. I am ashamed to admit but at first I even enjoyed her over-bearing stuff and even her jealousy and I didn't put a stop to it. I should have. I feel it's my fault things are like this now. I had never someone care that much about me and it was just so nice to have a woman constantly in my life and my business, interested about everything I say and do. I am sorry if that sound super weird, but yeah.

Now it's turning into a nightmare. A few weeks ago I came home from buying groceries and found her trying to get into my computer. Because I'm a hypernerd it's some needlessly complicated Linux setup and she couldn't figure out how to log in. She didn't even stop or apologise when she noticed I was there. You know what she did? She asked why I didn't trust her. Why I hide things from her. I should have reacted angrily but I was so flabbergasted that it somehow turned into this long talk in how I have trust issues and apparently some huge and unfounded need for secrecy. She then got all her mobile devices and gave me all her passwords to her accounts and basically put it like she will wait for me that I do the same and I'm not forced but should feel bad if I don't. She "corrects" my behaviour like that a lot. I didn't even want that stuff. I didn't give her any passwords. I get dirty looks when I use my computer. I don't care, that's the only private room I have here.

She has isolated me from my only friend, she basically kept nagging at me about spending time and talking to him until I gave up. I didn't even notice how it happened, I just suddenly noticed I don't spend anymore time with him. She befriended my parents, especially my mother. They love her. My mother thinks she's an angel who basically saved me. That she looks like one helps. I noticed she's very aware how she looks like and uses that innocent, cute image to her advantage. Even with me.

I basically can't go to my parents house without her tagging along. I basically can't go anywhere without her tagging along. She also drives me everywhere and basically means "it's unreasonable" when I want to walk. It's the excuse she uses to tag along.

She can switch to angry at the drop of a hat when something doesn't go her way or ruins "the perfect moment" she had in her head. She can just as fast switch back when the problem is resolved which is usually me doing something wrong or dumb. It creeps me out. She's still showering me with gifts and stuff and at this point I'd wish she'd just stop. We gently caress like rabbits though. I feel guilty about it how things are going but it is just so. Good. She uses this to manipulate me, too. I'm afraid I let her.

Now the big zinger: I knew a girl a few years ago. We were basically best friends for many years. Yeah it's the usual - I ended up wanting more and she didn't. She had a boyfriend. For a while she almost left him for me but then got cold feet. I got tired of her back-and-forth and for a while she also claimed she was single and I found out she was actually still together with her boyfriend all along and our friendship fell apart over this because trust was ruined. I really felt a deep connection with her and it made me very sad back then because I lost my best friend. I tried talking to her a few years ago via Facebook but she wouldn't reply.

Out of the blue she contacted me a week ago via mail and asked me how I am doing and wrote me a long mail about her life in the past years. I was ecstatic to talk to my lost friend and maybe reconnect. I have to admit, I loved her a lot and she was always "the one" and after that mail I'm not sure how I feel about her now. I made the mistake of telling her. (leaving out the love part mostly of course) She first listened to the entire thing calmly but then ended up getting furious to the point of insanity. She yelled at me. She asked if I'm going to leave her. She cried. She smashed a mug (and chipped the glass table in the living room) and ended up cutting herself on accident. Then she cried some more, smeared with blood. She was looking absolutely insane and I had to promise her that I won't talk to my friend and then I basically had to apply first aid and spend the rest of the evening hugging her until she would act normal again. Then it happened: She looked at me with this big blue eyes full of desperation and said she doesn't know what she's going to do if she loses me. I felt a chill running down my spine.

I might sound insane myself but I do love her. She is not a bad person although she is troubled. This changed everything though. I am scared of her and what she might do. I feel incredibly guilty about having my part in all this by not setting better limits. She has a lot of issues I didn't even detail. I would write more but I can't even. You know why? I'm writing and sending this in secret in the middle of the night. She's sleeping and I'm afraid she might wake up and see this. I can't even imagine what would happen then.

I want to talk to my old friend and I am going to confront her this week. I am not sure how but I will. I need to. I don't want to tell my therapist what is going on. Why is everything such a nightmare?!

oh man that "why is everything such a nightmare" brought back memories

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Therapy goon here. Having written my last confession was sort of therapeutic. Heh.

I think I need to explain a few things. First of all, I'm tall and rather robust and she's rather small (even for a woman) and petite. I can lift her without breaking a sweat. I do so sometimes. It's not really a question of her possibly assaulting me physically. There is just no way. I could end her with a flick of my wrist. I also don't think she would. She's not violent.

To the mug thing, she didn't smash it on purpose. That was maybe not clear from my explanation. She put it down very hard and it was one of those thin, fancy mugs with the useless handles. She must have hit exactly the right pressure point and it just shattered into several big parts. She was as surprised as I was. That's also how she cut herself. The problem was that she was completely hysterical and cutting herself in that moment made her even more hysterical.

I would leave if I could. I have nowhere to go. My one friend lives with his girlfriend, they already barely have room between them and he just started working at a new place. He would never say no but I can't do that to him. I can't go home. I moved in so quickly with her because things were really looking great and my parents more or less told me that they can't afford to have me anymore. The plan was that she'd support me to stand on my own feet for once in my life. I can't go back. They would take me in but I can't be such a failure anymore, also they love her and have very conservative views of the man-woman relationship. They'd just wonder out loud why I don't just control her better. I'm closing in on my mid-30s quickly. My current therapist told me work shouldn't be a priority right now, I first need to have a normal life. (That's quite funny actually if you look at the situation) So I didn't look for a job. I live in a socialist paradise and could apply for social housing but I would feel like such a failure, also that takes months. So yeah, I'm more or less financially dependant on her at this point, the few bucks that are my own wouldn't tide me over for long. I know this sounds like I went into this in an incredibly stupid way but I really did not see this coming. The good thing is that in all the ways she tries to "form" me, she doesn't even try to manipulate me with her money. I can just take whatever I want. She doesn't care. She's loaded. We don't have finance talks. If I don't like, get into the habit of buying cars it literally doesn't matter. We were in Rome over two weeks ago for half a week. Spontaneously. Business class. The hotel was one of the fanciest places I've ever seen. We're European so it wasn't exactly travelling around the world but I've never had such a lifestyle or could even imagine it.

I also love her. That wasn't a joke. Don't you think I don't know she's somewhat crazy? I can't talk to my current therapist about this. They know each other. I do trust him to not do anything shady like telling her but I have the feeling it might murder her reputation in those circles. I'm not willing to go that far at this point.

The best thing is- since that event with her getting hysterical, she was mostly on perfect behaviour. No crazy poo poo and random anger last week and this week so far. We haven't talked about what happened and I feel she wants to avoid it desperately. I think she knows herself that she went too far and is ashamed of her meltdown. Maybe it can be a turning point. I also want to make clear (since my mail sounded very frustrated) that it's not nonstop crazy poo poo with her. We have a good rapport and do have tons of good conversation and also do things together that aren't sex that I also actually enjoy etc.. for example she really tries hard to get into my hobbies and it's all very cute because I know she only does it for me. I'd just wish she'd back off some and also get this creepy random anger of hers in order. Also cut back on that manipulative psycho-babble for a bit. I can tolerate some things, let's face it - I'm not the best catch either and I am no spring chicken. In reality you sometimes have to make things work.

Tomorrow I'm going to confront her and set a few limits. First thing on the list will be that I'll establish contact to my female friend from back then again and she has to accept that. Also that I'll be doing things and going places without her and hang out with my friend again and that she really needs to back off and get her anger in check. Also no more query texting what I am doing for a week or two. I am going to tell her that she gets another chance and not to blow it. I can tell her anger coming by her avoiding eye contact and blinking rapidly, I'm gonna see what happens. I know there's a reasonable person in her. She has to understand that there's no point to this micro-controlling jealousy.

I'm also not going to have that talk while driving. Just to be safe. I hope confronting her is wise.

quote:

I want to preface this with that I really read all the advice I get. I was considering not confronting her and basically just disappearing while she was at work. I was really considering this. I couldn't do it to her. Just couldn't. I knew it'd devastate her. I feel responsible for her.

It came up often. Even though I think I'm the only goon from around my area, I don't really wanna describe her looks too much but yeah, she is definitively hot. Also very pale and she has bright blue eyes and freckles. It's also difficult to tell her age and her girlish figure makes it even more impossible. Without make-up and the right clothing she could be 19. It's really impossible. She's the kind of person you'd see in a crowd and take a second look at because she's just that unique-looking and full of life. Never in my dreams I would've thought I'd be together with someone like her and yes it's shallow of me but it's a hard thing to give up.

I have to admit I put the talk off. She did something absolutely crazy this week. Good crazy though. (I think) She actually got me to leave the condo for a few hours alone for a request that seemed borderline nonsensical and when I came back I found out she wanted me to leave the house to do some impromptu cosplaying. I came home to a woman dressed as an Elder Scrolls Woodelf, complete with ears, black contacts, war-paint and everything. She just stood in the living room, grinned at me and said "Hi!" in the bounciest way like her appearance was nothing out of the ordinary. She even had a freaking Quarterstaff. I have to admit, it cracked me up and I just laughed hysterically while she stood there with that poo poo-eating grin. That was also probably the weirdest sex I will ever have. I'm not into cosplaying and barely into video games, she isn't even into video games at all. We are as far as from being gamers as Millennials can be. I have no idea what that was or how she even got that idea or when she bought all that stuff. She was dressed up perfectly though. She even braided her hair and the ears looked like her own, not fake at all. She put a lot of effort into it, I have no idea when she even learned how to do that. It was just amazing on every level. When that weird energy in her isn't turning to anger it's simply amazing. Then we spent hours with my hobby and her wearing her elf gear (sans contacts) like that's just how she looks now. it was funny. I loved her that day. I was ready to let everything slip.

Yesterday the anger came back then, with a vengeance. She was losing her poo poo because I had set up the dinner table (she insists on eating at the table, I come from a house where we didn't really have these eating rituals so that was sort of an thing I had to get used to. I don't complain, I like this better actually) and put the wrong plates on the table. She was berating me as if I killed one of the cats, telling me she told me this a thousand times and why I wasn't ever listening to her and if I do this on purpose. We never, ever talked about this. Then she showed me where the right plates are like I'm a five-year-old, just getting louder and angrier if I tried to say anything, looking at me with those piercing murder-eyes. They are a freaking different shape, that's all. It makes no sense. The ones I used are for special occasions though, whatever the hell that means. Then she went into the living room and skipped the entire meal and I sat in the kitchen eating alone like some child that got put into time-out. Skipping meals is a theme. She never flipped her poo poo over something like that, though. This was new. Later she apologised and said she had a hard day at work. I then decided having the talk was necessary after all. I was so loving disappointed, I can't even put it into words.

So that's where I am now. It's a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon and I'm sitting at the computer. I just told her everything I wanted to tell her and also said I'd leave if things don't change. She took it surprisingly quietly, apologised for her shortcomings, told me I am a "very complex man" who needs a woman who can "conform" to his intelligence and that she will try her best "to be better for me" and then she slinked away into the bathroom and now she's locked in there for half an hour and I think she's crying. She didn't even defend herself and I am heartbroken. I feel so guilty, like she's making my life awesome and I'm being a dick to her for no reason. She's convinced I'm gonna run away with my female friend I haven't even talked to in years just because that friend is a few years younger than her. (and not even nearly as hot) I feel like not going through with it which is absolutely insane since I miss my friend crazily and still somehow didn't even reply her email yet. I wished for years to get that email, and now it just sits there and I don't reply. She managed to make me feel like I don't even want to, like I want to promise her I'll never contact her. It pisses me off. Is it really unreasonable of me to want contact to a female friend I admittedly had a crush on? I am not even sure anymore.

So goons, I was not being murdered. Kinda wish I was. I have the feeling this is not over. Anyways, thanks for caring. I also started looking for work.

quote:

Therapy goon here.

Maybe the thread finds my further updates interesting. I'm gonna try to compress it all a little. Writing these updates also help sorting my thoughts and I actually enjoy the serious feedback (and also laugh at the non-serious one). To get to the point, the cat is out of the bag: She can't have kids with almost certainty. We had a talk. That's why her fiancee left. Jesus Christ. The best thing is that I don't even care. I never wanted children. Also it would've been way too early for that anyways. We had a very heartfelt talk about everything and especially her anger issues. The thread has to understand that the anger isn't only towards me, but towards basically everything. It's hilarious in a way because as therapist she's just this kinda timid and quiet, small woman and privately.. well you should just experience her driving. Talk about road rage. I barely know anything about the fiancee or what went on there, she doesn't want to talk about it. I feel the problems lie there. We have that a lot. She doesn't want to talk about it and that means the topic is closed or death-stare.

While we are on the topic of driving, someone dinged into her car at a crossing. Very minor damage, not really worth even talking about. I'm still hearing about it. I didn't bring therapy up to her. I have to confess that I'm afraid of her reaction. She thinks nothing is wrong, she denies outright getting angry a minute after the event. Sometimes I wanna ask her what she would tell a patient who acts like that. But I am afraid of her reactions. I know I shouldn't be but well that's the way it is. I feel things are relatively under control now, especially since we talked about her anger. Don't want to stir poo poo up yet again. She's on good behaviour right now. A few patients will soon have their sessions run out and she will be seeing less patients from then on. Less stress. But we will also spend more time.

She also agreed and I could meet with my female friend. Yeah, I asked her if she's ok with it after the talk we had. I felt it was more diplomatic than saying "I will meet her", and also more appropriate for the situation. She agreed at any rate. I told her that she's beautiful and that I love her and only her. I'm not good with expressing such emotions. She loves getting told such things. Her face just lights up. I will try to do such things more from now on. Maybe it helps.

My friend moved back to her home country after studying her but is on vacation and made a detour to meet me. She changed a lot. When I knew here she was basically a 20yo kid, she's now in her mid-20s and she just changed. It's crazy. She was so naive and full of energy back then and now she's a woman. A young woman still of course, but a proper woman. It was kinda weird, she never got older in my head. Well, I was quite a few years younger back then too. Although not as young as her now. We have an age difference of almost ten years. It fit well back then because she was pretty mature her age and I was a minecraft-playing manchild. Yeah I admit it was a bit inappropriate. Hey, never said I was a well-adjusted guy.

We met at a cafe, talked about everything including our fight. It was a huge thing for me, especially that fight. It lingered like a dark cloud over my head, especially when I was still single and alone and had so much time to think about it. I loved her a lot and that fight devastated me. I kept turning things she said in that fight in my head, over and over, for years. For her it just wasn't that big a deal. Somehow that upset me, even though I can understand it. We talked about this huge crush I had on her. (It wasn't a secret back then either) How we'd sometimes be a bit inappropriately close for "just friends" back then. How I was this lovesick puppy. How her love life was pretty lovely in the meantime. (kinda abusive but not quite bf) How we missed each other. We were there for a while and then went on for a walk in an area we walked seven years ago and it all got a bit emotional. We hugged. It lingered on a little bit too long for friends. I saw it in her eyes that she realised it too. I don't need this. Not now. I pined over her. Wrote ignored emails in that lovely tiny room in nights were I was so hopeless and lonely I had visions of lying in my own pool of blood on the bathroom floor. Just to escape. while she would just ignore me live her life probably getting railed by every guy in the student exchange projects she went on. Her facebook I stalked these years (I know how wrong that was but well) was full of pictures of her traveling&having a good time. She said she made a big mistake with ignoring and was childish. Yah, no kidding. Now she's in her mid-20s doesnt have kid and family like she always wanted is stuck with an education that's useless in russia and this? Seriously? gently caress this.

Problem is, the feelings all came flooding back. Her accent. Her little scar. Her cheekbones. Her beautiful, brown eyes. I don't know what I feel right now. I have her in WhatsApp. We would sometimes talk for 10 hours a day back then.

I went home to my girlfriend (yes after years of loving writing emails I have a girlfriend! Even one who's jealous) who was on her very best behaviour although obviously waiting for me in the living room as she was watching cable TV (she never does that) and basically acting like she wasn't staring at the door the entire time and she actually jokingly-but-not-quite jokes if there was something going on and I lied and said no. Then she gave me that nervous toothy smile and hugged me where I could just read she probably promised herself not to interrogate me or check if I smell of perfume or something. I'm sorry for any weird grammar today, not a native english speaker. My friend brought me a bottle of something. I only understand "35%". I cracked into it while writing this. Yes, I'm not sure what I feel for my friend.

quote:

Therapy goon here. My girlfriend threw my phone at me.

To preface this: After I talked to my friend things were good. She didn't flip her poo poo over anything regarding me. I wasn't ever naive enough to just believe she won't ever have a freak-out towards me anymore but I thought we had some really great progress regarding the overstepping of boundaries and general anger management. I was happy how things went, honestly. I would also occasionally chat with my friend which, objectively, I still have no idea about. I don't know why she's talking to me again. I always wanted to talk to her again but objectively, I don't understand it. Honestly, it's all kinda weird. She is. Well, anyways-

We were sitting there and watching some Netflix documentary. My phone went off and it was my friend texting, I texted back. This we had often and she (my girlfriend, lets call her J. from now on) was cool with me writing my friend. J. sometimes not-so-secretly tried to look at the screen to see what I was writing and honestly, I just let her when she did. I didn't care. I know that's probably not ok in a healthy relationship but I wouldn't mind a stranger overhearing these conversations. I also thought it's good if she can see that the conversations are harmless.

So then J. asked me in a joking manner what we "two lovers" are talking about. Let me preface what I write now with that I don't have to walk on eggshells around her, we sometimes make jokes about each other and it's ok. I make jokes about her height and she sometimes tells me she's afraid she can't help me as she "has no experience with child psychology" and all that and it's all in good fun. We can joke like that. I said to her "We're deciding on the name of our first child".

I could see it in her face right away. She got silent. This was dumb of me, I didn't really think about it. I thought about apologising but I didn't want to add extra attention to it so I didn't. Things were suddenly tense, she was fixated on the TV and quiet. I put my phone on the desk, then a few seconds later I got another message. I was mortified at this point and didn't even want to look at it. I could see her getting angry. The phone rang again. She jumped off the couch she was lying on and grabbed and squeezed my phone so hard that her knuckles were turning white and started tearing into me with an absolutely horrifying voice shaking of anger wile wildly shaking my phone in my general direction. Why I don't talk to my "white trash" (closest translation) Russian bitch. Why I don't move in with her so we can gently caress every day. How I probably hosed her when we met anyways. A few other choice things about Russia and Slavic people in general too which don't translate too well, which is almost funny considering the looks of J. and her obviously having something Slavic in her too. (Despite her name, that face just isn't typical for natives here) Also what a scumbag and dog I am for loving my friend right in front of her. It didn't even make sense.

I was frozen. I just stammered a "calm down" then my phone was already in the air, barely missing my head (I swear to god I could feel the air) and right into the living room window where it somehow just bounced off without cracking the glass and landed screen down (what else) on the stone floor. The screen was cracked somewhat but it wouldn't turn on anymore. The case was loose. She stormed off into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her full force. Then something that I can only describe as angry scream followed by crying. I collected my broken phone and got the hell out of there.

I had no idea what to do, had absolutely nothing on me except wallet, my clothes I was wearing and my broken phone so I walked to my parents. I arrived there in the evening. Thank god it's summer.

My parents were surprisingly quiet about it. I just said that I had a fight, was tired and might have to stay for a while. Not many further questions were asked, so back I was in my small and now almost empty room since all my stuff was at J.'s place. I felt so defeated, not by J. or anybody else. No, just by life. All this effort to change things, all the lucky change that actually occurred and I'd end up there again. The only distraction I had that night was a ~15 year old mp3 player with Green Day and NIN on it. I couldn't sleep and ended up pacing around the house until the sun started rising and I basically fell asleep from exhaustion. Honestly, being back in that house depressed the poo poo out of me. That yard, that small room. It made me sick to be there. It's hard to explain when you never were stuck in a place. Maybe it makes me sound pathetic but I was pretty much planning on going back the next day or the day after and have a talk.

When I woke up around noon, J. was in the kitchen with my antidepressants, which I guess was her excuse to show up. My mother let her in and apparently they had a chat. She looked tiny and like she hasn't slept at all. To cut a long story short, yeah I went back with her. She apologised for everything, explained herself and basically begged me to. She also said that she wants me to come back to "our home". This was a first. It was never ours, I was practically living there the last few months but we never really talked about living together like that permanently, it was supposed to be a thing until I get onto my own feet, even if our agreement was very vague it never was meant to be permanent. Now it's "our home" and she wants to share "her life and everything else" with me, besides a few other very touching things I don't want to repeat. It moved me, I can't lie. I do love her. She bared all, so to speak. I guess she guessed this is her only chance to get me back. She had no idea I didn't plan on leaving. I didn't tell her. I might be a loser but I'm not dumb.

On the car drive home I told her she has anger issues and needs help with them, help I can't provide, as willing as I am to support her. I told her that throwing things at me over a joke is not normal or ok. She could have injured me. I told her that she genuinely scares me sometimes, that she's not herself when she's angry and I am afraid of that person. Jokes about her steering into oncoming traffic aside I thought it was good timing because I held all cards in my hands, she was convinced I'd end things with her and she convinced me to stay. It didn't get us very far. She took it silently in stride, just agreed and apologised again and confirmed she has anger issues which is still a big thing but not that big, she did so before. She will think about "talking to someone". I'm not sure what this means but I didn't want to push her further, even though I probably should have. I just felt sorry for her. She really looked terrible and sounded very defeated. I also was tired and probably didn't look much better.

When we arrived at the condo we both would gradually thawed up and had a very nice afternoon together. Just spending time with each other. Then she brought me my antidepressants. It's kinda embarrassing, we developed this weird ritual where she'd sometimes bring me my pill and water without me asking. I wasn't comfortable with it in the beginning either and found it weird but it sort of just settled like that and I'm ok with it and even find it somewhat comforting and nice. I would never admit this if this wasn't anonymous. She can be very caring and it's just nice. After I took my pill things got weird. I just started feeling fuzzy. Warm. Like my mind goes in smaller and smaller circles. The whole world went sideways, somehow. I felt so entirely calm. I also got very tired. I tried to fight it but couldn't. It freaked me out a little, I wondered if she gave me something else for a moment but I couldn't imagine it, also those were def. my pills. I remember basically crawling into bed and she just standing at the door asking me if I already want to sleep and smiling at me, then I was already gone. I woke up at 4 AM with her curled up to me and holding my arm and I just carefully sneaked out of bed and felt super energised, like I had the best sleep of my life. It still freaks me out because I never had a side effect like that and I am a bit apprehensive. Maybe I was just overtired from not properly sleeping the night before. I don't know. I felt a bit weird for the rest of that day, rested but my mind felt a bit blank. I don't believe she would give me anything else, mostly there's no motive for that but as much as I love her, I don't trust her fully as she can be a different person sometimes. I feel weird for even writing this. It's probably nothing.

Well anyways that's my situation so far. Also yes, we do use protection. Her medical condition is a bit more complicated than "infertile" even though women don't exactly get more fertile with age and things haven't exactly improved for her there. I also have a job interview this week. She's buying me a new phone which I guess will be the most expensive the store has (as usual) and she's also very insistent and serious to put my name on the doorbell which I don't know how I feel about and also don't really find important. I feel I get further drawn into this. I have to admit that I have mixed feelings after all.

and that's all, after this he either stopped reading this thread, stopped using SA, or was murdered

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really miss that guy.

Fututor Magnus posted:

Man, you've been doing sex wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Fututor Magnus posted:

lmao get your head out of your rear end