Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

George posted:

Too bad the gloves are basically trash now.

Trash worth how many ex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Phone posting so can't experiment myself but I'm using TheRats semi-strict filter but i want to edit the quality threshold for skill gems so that absolutely every superior gem gets displayed (i think its set to 15% or higher?). Is that customisation easy to do?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

aejix posted:

Phone posting so can't experiment myself but I'm using TheRats semi-strict filter but i want to edit the quality threshold for skill gems so that absolutely every superior gem gets displayed (i think its set to 15% or higher?). Is that customisation easy to do?

http://www.filterblade.xyz/#StGGmwNgXKZM Here you go. (I turned on low qual gems under vendor recipes -> gemcutter prism)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also yes that is really easy to change yourself if you want to do it in the future

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I also forgot to ask, are acro and phase acro worthwhile for a flicker build? I used them on my last character but it might have been a waste for all I know.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I assumed they were like 10c now, especially since fragments are so cheap.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Neversink updated his filterbase, so if you're using one I linked you should probably re-download them. These should all be up to date:

http://www.filterblade.xyz/#Gej3Weh4kt23 - Semi Strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#r3nLPhSOGpPS - Very Strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#ah6VjkVER6AD - Infinitely strict

https://github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter/releases - neversink's change log here

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Has anyone prepared an item filter more geared toward SSF? i would love to have something strict enough to ignore most magic drops and low tier rares without losing out on some of the things that neversink culls in his stricter filters, like gems with small amounts of quality and low tier maps.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ubachung posted:

I also forgot to ask, are acro and phase acro worthwhile for a flicker build? I used them on my last character but it might have been a waste for all I know.

UberDan has Flicker Slayer that does both (that build has insane dps and hp btw):

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PoEDan79/characters

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

UberDan has Flicker Slayer

had xD

Venuz Patrol posted:

Has anyone prepared an item filter more geared toward SSF? i would love to have something strict enough to ignore most magic drops and low tier rares without losing out on some of the things that neversink culls in his stricter filters, like gems with small amounts of quality and low tier maps.

If you click the semi-strict one I linked just above, you can go into the customise tab and change it around how you want to. The user-interface is pretty solid and easy to understand.

E: And if you just want minimal effort, this one does pretty much exactly what you asked http://www.filterblade.xyz/#ioB8ymHo5oCq

TheRat fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 15, 2018

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

This league I put a self-imposed challenge to not buy any maps for any reason whatsoever. I was already doing this before for the most part, but giving up after a while and buying red maps to finish my atlas in previous leagues. For reasons I've gone over before, I think it's really loving lovely that GGG expects players to buy maps for Atlas and to join each other's parties for Uber trials, and I really wanted to do the Atlas myself this time to make a point of it. This is more words than anyone cares about to explain why it took until this late into the league for me to finally get all the T16s and immediately slam Shaper fragments into the map device. For the entire PoE community which happens to think Bladefall is a terrible skill right now, well here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK042QiPi9k

I do have to make a decision now that I finished Shaper. I'm at 155/157 right now soloing with my own drops (this build also farms HoGM pretty easily though I have to swap to Block Chance Reduction for gubben's characters). I'm currently missing the bonus for Chimera because that was my last guardian and I didn't want to Vaal into Ele Reflect or some poo poo, and Vinktar Square. I have actually found 3 of the 4 staves, and have them saved up in a tab. I'm not sure how feasible it is to try to find the last staff, though, and it's the only thing keeping me from getting 157/157. I guess this doesn't actually matter to anyone else because it's a self-imposed challenge, but would people actually consider it fair game if I bought the last staff or should I just run with 156/157 until then?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ultima66 posted:

I have actually found 3 of the 4 staves, and have them saved up in a tab. I'm not sure how feasible it is to try to find the last staff, though, and it's the only thing keeping me from getting 157/157. I guess this doesn't actually matter to anyone else because it's a self-imposed challenge, but would people actually consider it fair game if I bought the last staff or should I just run with 156/157 until then?

If torture chamber still drops the stormcaller cards run that until you get the last one

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ultima66 posted:

For reasons I've gone over before, I think it's really loving lovely that GGG expects players to buy maps for Atlas and to join each other's parties for Uber trials, and I really wanted to do the Atlas myself this time to make a point of it.

same

if they ever make some sort of automated system it should be for maps only, maybe even the meta currency of the current league (looking at you Legacy)

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Ultima66 posted:

. I guess this doesn't actually matter to anyone else because it's a self-imposed challenge, but would people actually consider it fair game if I bought the last staff or should I just run with 156/157 until then?

buying a staff isn't buying a map. it's not cheating!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

George posted:

I assumed they were like 10c now, especially since fragments are so cheap.

:thunk:

still 80+c for a set, gloves are still the rarest drop and the gloves are not trash lmao

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if they ever make some sort of automated system it should be for literally everything unless you support scammers and large scale market manipulation by small groups of players

ftfy

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Yes, because I want those same scammers able to instantly buy up my underpriced item instead of being able to think about it when I get an instant whisper after posting said item. :goonsay:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

My fifth waste of diviners box so far. Rolled to 3 out of 7 which was just as bad

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jusupov posted:

My fifth waste of diviners box so far. Rolled to 3 out of 7 which was just as bad

The unique diviners box sucks, don't bother rolling it IMO.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Yes, because I want those same scammers able to instantly buy up my underpriced item instead of being able to think about it when I get an instant whisper after posting said item. :goonsay:

this isn't a very good argument

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

this isn't a very good argument

uhhhhh what

as a (former) sniper you would not loving believe how many people throw items into the wrong tab or click the wrong currency

youre looking at somewhere in the "2-3 mispriced items per SECOND" range

you name it, it's been listed for 1c or 40 alchs instead of 40c or 50c instead of 50 ex

now, keep in mind they've said they will NEVER allow instant trading, so it doesn't matter, but saying instant trading would be a benefit in the current system is ridiculous

"no big deal" until you get hosed by someone like me and your kaoms is gone

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

uhhhhh what

as a (former) sniper you would not loving believe how many people throw items into the wrong tab or click the wrong currency

youre looking at somewhere in the "2-3 mispriced items per SECOND" range

you name it, it's been listed for 1c or 40 alchs instead of 40c or 50c instead of 50 ex

now, keep in mind they've said they will NEVER allow instant trading, so it doesn't matter, but saying instant trading would be a benefit in the current system is ridiculous

"no big deal" until you get hosed by someone like me and your kaoms is gone

not a big deal

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

uhhhhh what
:words:
"no big deal" until you get hosed by someone like me YOURSELF and your kaoms is gone

Annnnnnnnd that is why it is not a big deal. Personal accountability.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

one would think it would be easier to price check with a proper trading system and not this portal to 1998

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

one would think it would be easier to price check with a proper trading system and not this portal to 1998

greetings "guy who started less than a month ago" glad to hear your informed decisions

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I like the current system because I make friends trading :3:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

so, mr. new player, what happens when you find a neat rare item and list it for 3c then get 100 whispers and realize "oh I didn't know how to price that one, I'll raise it to 30"

in the instant system guess what it's mine

rare items with hard to find affixes are difficult to price, even with a lot of experience trading.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so, mr. new player, what happens when you find a neat rare item and list it for 3c then get 100 whispers and realize "oh I didn't know how to price that one, I'll raise it to 30"

in the instant system guess what it's mine

not really a problem, you are just repeating yourself now

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

not really a problem

:agreed: please implement this, I want three headhunters next league

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

hawowanlawow posted:

not really a problem, you are just repeating yourself now

I hear making games as punishing as possible for the inexperienced is a great way to grow your player base.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vulpes posted:

I hear making games as punishing as possible for the inexperienced is a great way to grow your player base.

Hell it worked for this game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vulpes posted:

:ironicat:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's always funny when new players come around and want to change core game principles that actually make the game what it is. And by funny I mean tedious.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Glad GGG will never listen to someone like hawowanlawow and the game will still continue to get more popular every league. Not a big deal.

And

TheRat posted:

It's always funny when new players come around and want to change core game principles that actually make the game what it is. And by funny I mean tedious.

If they want to troll at least make it about how they think it's dumb they can't change their gender. At least that ones somewhat believable.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you guys are embarrassing yourselves with the gatekeeping gamer.txt poo poo

you know what puts off new players? getting AHK scripts you have to run when you want to price check items

I see why this is a taboo topic, y'all are fuckin crazy

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

you know what puts off new players? getting AHK scripts you have to run when you want to price check items

I see why this is a taboo topic, y'all are fuckin crazy

You know you can play SSF if you're too dumb to figure out trading. Pro tip: you don't need a macro and you can use the official GGG website to look up the price of items. Or just list everything for an alch "no big deal".

Edit: it's taboo because they are never going to implement an auction house. IT'd be like if you went into the wow forums talking about how charging a sub for wow is dumb in this day and age and they should make it free to play. It will never happen so why waste the text. Unless you're just fishing.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 15, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
He's not right about the trading, but he is right about the gatekeeping lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

He's not right about the trading, but he is right about the gatekeeping lol

:idgi:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

???? no one is stopping you from getting HRT

e: I don't know what gatekeeping means outside of that context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

You know you can play SSF if you're too dumb to figure out trading. Pro tip: you don't need a macro and you can use the official GGG website to look up the price of items. Or just list everything for an alch "no big deal".

Edit: it's taboo because they are never going to implement an auction house. IT'd be like if you went into the wow forums talking about how charging a sub for wow is dumb in this day and age and they should make it free to play. It will never happen so why waste the text. Unless you're just fishing.

I was replying to one line of reasoning as to why instant trading is bad, and everyone collectively shat their pants