Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HorrificExistence posted:

i dont see how mining is investing real money?

even just mining with your laptop you have to pay for electricity and you do accelerate the degradation of your hardware. if you want to mine in any serious capacity, say bitcoin or ethereum and not some clownish poo poo like dogecoins that is a joke compared the joke that the cryptocurrencies are in general, you also will incur a lot of extra hardware costs to make the farms, or even just a lovely home rack or whatever, fire safety concerns, etc etc. chinese btc mining farms will go into running loss the instant btc hits under 7k, afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

basically if anyone wants to laugh about cryptoshit there's a decent book written by a goond that will get you up to speed

https://www.amazon.com/Attack-50-Foot-Blockchain-Contracts-ebook/dp/B073CPP581 linking just amazon but afaik you can find it for like 4 dollars

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To put it succinctly, the costs of mining mean you'll spend more on hardware and power than you'll get in return for whatever you manage to mine.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Pirate Radar posted:

On a scale of “don’t sweat it” to “literally murder him” how worried should I be that my coworker posts on the roosh v forums

if your co-worker isn't a rapist he wants to be

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
more 90s nostalgia: the looming tech bubble collapse إن شاء الله

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Every time I see the letter nun I think of a cyclops smiling.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

more 90s nostalgia: the looming tech bubble collapse إن شاء الله

Carillion collapsing here in the UK could be the bell ringing for the start of the funeral.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

It's very safe and definitely "Babbys First Explanation of Racism But With Orcs."
seen three billboards yet?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked district nines interpretation of racism between species, although I suppose it was really just picking out clear examples of racism against people and then saying "all this stuff, but make it happen to aliens."

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

jag, if you're around, you were right. pop team epic anime is very good

I was beginning to wonder if you were a true weeb when all this amazing stuff is coming out and i ask you about it and you're like no I'm watching the moe show about girls farting into napkins and a shonen about a kid with Tourette's. But maybe your love of dogshit makes you the truest weeb. Anyway pop team epic owns

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 15, 2018

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My little brother wants to join the air force and I think the best advice I could give us to link that post and say never salute officers

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

My little brother wants to join the air force and I think the best advice I could give us to link that post and say never salute officers

aren't you morally and legally obligated to refer to it as the chair force?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

berke has more hours in warframe in past two weeks than there are total hours in a two week period :wtc:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

aren't you morally and legally obligated to refer to it as the chair force?

I'm shielded by my internet anonymity in this particular case.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
why does your brother want to spend 4 years screwing caps on bombs

or does he think he'll be a pj or fighter pilot or something

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

berke has more hours in warframe in past two weeks than there are total hours in a two week period :wtc:

Affinity boosters.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Volkerball posted:

im not in the air force

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Homura and Sickle posted:

im not in the air force

I bet it's even worse there

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/952936716872179713

First you eat the marbles, then you get the power.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Your brother doesn't want to join the army because he probably thinks its filled with yous

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/952936716872179713

First you eat the marbles, then you get the power.

https://twitter.com/the_OG_great_8/status/952948553197998083

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Homura and Sickle posted:

Your brother doesn't want to join the army because he probably thinks its filled with yous

Also because I told him I'd knock his teeth down his throat if he did.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Isn't it "Join the Air Force if you want at least a chance at getting a useable MOS" and "Join the Marines if you wanna be walking combat arms stereotype"?

Edit: I guess the US Army has "2 out of 2 for leaking secrets to the Russians" as a unique selling point? :shrug:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Isn't it "Join the Air Force if you want at least a chance at getting a useable MOS" and "Join the Marines if you wanna be walking combat arms stereotype"?

Every branch has transferable skills depending on which job you pick.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

Every branch has transferable skills depending on which job you pick.

Maybe, but what if Twitch start demonetizing all those ex-military tactishooter streamers? :ohdear:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Randler posted:

Edit: I guess the US Army has "2 out of 2 for leaking secrets to the Russians" as a unique selling point? :shrug:

the marines have lots of non-combat jobs you idiot

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Maybe, but what if Twitch start demonetizing all those ex-military tactishooter streamers? :ohdear:

Pretty sure every branch has IT equivalents, firefighters, intelligence, air conditioning mechanics, etc.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

yeah but in the marines even the desk jockeys are expected to know how to shoot brown people

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

yeah but in the marines even the desk jockeys are expected to know how to shoot brown people

Their POGs aren't any different than anyone else's POGs.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Yeah, but how many positions are there for Professional Warcrime Cover-Up Managers outside the mining industry?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that isnt even remotely true lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

that isnt even remotely true lol

they don't send all the non-infantry to mct any more?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/952945468580999168

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/GregJKrieg/status/952966400074805253

:(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

never heard [of] her

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

never heard [of] her

had a few moderate hits in the early 90s with very annoying choruses

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

had a few moderate hits in the early 90s with very annoying choruses

ehh, i could just go to a local church for that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Her songs are permanently stuck in my heeeeeead in my heeeeeeeeeeeeeead

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pirate Radar posted:

The national health service covered the cost so she was like “no I’m fine, it doesn’t hurt” and the doc was like “well, they’re free...” but he was definitely supposed to have given her paperwork for them instead of just sending her on her way. How this country doesn’t have a painkiller abuse problem I have no idea.

i would assume it lacks the big driving factor of certain sorts of prescription guidelines consistently causing withdrawl/reup cycles, which is what caused it all to spike in the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

R. Mute posted:

seen three billboards yet?

i dont actually like depressing movies

i watch movies to escape poo poo

• Locked thread