Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My season ended abruptly because my power supply died and this is me pretending I'm not gonna rush out and get a new one ASAP on Saturday like a junkie who can't be away from his fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hoping S13 adds new Torments. It's the spooky season! No better time!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There isn't going to be a patch for the next season is there? Blizzard hasn't said anything and there's no PTR.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

I said come in! posted:

There isn't going to be a patch for the next season is there? Blizzard hasn't said anything and there's no PTR.

Isn't the usual order

1. Announce end of season
2. PTR opens
3. Season ends
4. Patch goes live
5. New Season announced
6. Season starts?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Isn't the usual order

1. Announce end of season
2. PTR opens
3. Season ends
4. Patch goes live
5. New Season announced
6. Season starts?

1 & 2 can swap around depending on the amount of changes the patch is bringing, to enough of a point that you can't guarantee one will always be first.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm betting no patch this time around, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Announcing the season end date and the start of the next season are usually done at the same time as well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yikes, that will make for a lame Season 13. Tough acts to follow with the huge QoL improvement season, the necro season, and the giant power creep season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just a return to normalcy. They've finished parting out the aborted expansion and its back to everyone talking about, "is Diablo 3 in maintenence mode?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 3 is still crazy addictive to me regardless of whether or not the game is in maintenance mode. It's still a title I fire up over 1000+ hours later to run rifts for a few hours a week.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I said come in! posted:

Diablo 3 is still crazy addictive to me regardless of whether or not the game is in maintenance mode. It's still a title I fire up over 1000+ hours later to run rifts for a few hours a week.

I jumped back in after some buddies and I talked about it, and I didn't realize how much I missed it. I haven't played since RoS initially dropped. I love Grim Dawn and Path of Exile, but something about racing through the game again and doing GRs with a Necromancer just makes me smile

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Larrymer posted:

I'm betting no patch this time around, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'd be perfectly happy with a small patch that just brings a few of the sad sets into parity with the powerhouses.

My #1 wish for Diablo 3 before it dies is for Disintegrate to be competitive with Arcane Torrent (or better, I'd take that too).

hampig fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 14, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Disintegrate is perfectly fine to use right now, especially with FB since Convergence is a lot better about stacking the debuff faster than Flame Ward.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It would be pretty sweet if Fist of the Heavens, Smite, and Justice ever saw use.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Disintegrate is perfectly fine to use right now, especially with FB since Convergence is a lot better about stacking the debuff faster than Flame Ward.

This is good to know, but I guess I also meant in flexibility with maybe a lightning rune in there as well, a frost one would probably step on Ray of Frost's toes.

Star Man posted:

It would be pretty sweet if Fist of the Heavens, Smite, and Justice ever saw use.

Yeah stuff like this. Demon Hunter's have an entire category of skills that aren't worth using that could probably use some love.

hampig fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 14, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
True to Form, I partied hard in S12, brought my full Ancient Barb to the peaks of GR and ripped her.

Then I farmed up a Condemn Crusader who immediately eclipsed her completely, but I dared bring him to TXIII without hitting the CDR breakpoint and died doing a bounty run...

So now my necromancer will drag all their loot and nuke her stash so I can complete my last task (Augging a weapon) and finally get my loving stash space...

And now to get my Witch doctor where it needs to be.

Germane to the thread:

https://twitter.com/AcidEater_Fusao/status/948215718637473792?s=17

A Prime Evil

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

I said come in! posted:

bot hours dont count .. i mean i really dont see how this game keeps anyone attention when its flooded with bots

i got burnt out after i finished all the achievements havent played since ..i guess i should log in to do the funny challenge rifts

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 14, 2018

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I don't really understand how the bots influence anyone elses experience except that you could idle in bounty games and the bots will just complete all the bounties for you.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I don't really understand how the bots influence anyone elses experience except that you could idle in bounty games and the bots will just complete all the bounties for you.

My experience has been the opposite, the bot glitches out and just sits at one bounty not doing anything all game, or someone realizes it's a bot, vote kicks it, and the vacant spot in the party is never filled.

To be honest that's only ever in bounty games, everything else is played solo or with friends.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I finally completed Bounteous Maximus (10,000 bounties) yesterday with I'm sure the help of many bots, lots of dead silent 1000 paragon team mates with chinese names in T13 public games. Although I actually played because the game is still fun and good :shrug:

100% achievements after too many years, feels good man.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I got kicked from a bounty game for taking too long to kill the skeleton king thus denying others the chance to kill belial / azmodan. So they're not all bots.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I have more paragon levels this season than I have accumulated in every season and non-season before.

I realize that I gain them faster with stronger items, sure. But I also am playing a ton, this is just a great season. One of the best, if not the best so far that I've played.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm using this Wizard build for the season journey (currently on Torment I), and here's my current loadout, but I'm wondering if I could do better.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

After some better gems slotted in and a few gear improvements, I've got barb doing rifts on Torment 13 and pushing through GR 70+ now. But I still don't have the slightest idea how I'm gonna clear a rift in under 5 minutes and how I'm supposed to kill the big spider in under 30 seconds since I can't stop her from leaving. I'd really like to get that stash tab, so I'm down for any suggestions if you have em.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004

Hexenritter posted:

I'm using this Wizard build for the season journey (currently on Torment I), and here's my current loadout, but I'm wondering if I could do better.

Your best value upgrades are your armor slots, so armor that fits your build should be your go-to blood shard gambles. There's a belt and a hat (that can go in your cube) that are tailored for Archon builds that you might be able to pick up relatively quickly. Sources are also cheap to gamble and have some great bonuses.

If you have gems to spare, you can also try crafting well-rolled yellow jewellery (crit/crit/socket), which will give you more bang for your buck than average legendaries, unless the legendary bonuses are extremely strong (like the Endless Walk or Focus/Restraint sets) or necessary for your build.

Also not sure if it's just a display thing, but your easiest upgrade is throwing the highest level emerald you can craft in your weapon, sockets on a weapon are basically mandatory for that crit gem.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

After some better gems slotted in and a few gear improvements, I've got barb doing rifts on Torment 13 and pushing through GR 70+ now. But I still don't have the slightest idea how I'm gonna clear a rift in under 5 minutes and how I'm supposed to kill the big spider in under 30 seconds since I can't stop her from leaving. I'd really like to get that stash tab, so I'm down for any suggestions if you have em.

Honestly it's mostly just bigger numbers. Better gear, higher level legendary gems, and more paragon points will all help. But you can try the farming gear Boon of the Hoarder + Goldwrap + Avarice Band to ditch some defensive gear, get some move speed, and roll full offence in Torments. If you've got a build that will benefit from In-Geom you can try finding room for that too, it can really boost your mobility and clear times.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Juuuust nailed the timer on the spider just going for it again. I'll work on those gems to speed through the rift.

edit: And there goes the rift. I wish they'd show a timer for those. I didn't realize I was so close to achieving it.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 15, 2018

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Hexenritter posted:

Just have to do the gear grind and/or journey, 6-piece bonus is a massive (easily T1 -> T6) gain. Vyr's is especially a slow builder because it really needs a bunch of support legendaries.

Try to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act I bounty caches -- that'll allow you to get the 6 piece bonus earlier, which will massively speed up everything. Stacks increase faster (from hitting enemies vs. killing them) and do more damage... Depending on enemy density, you're looking at ~50 stacks towards the end of Archon, which translates to 2500% damage with 6 piece (vs. ...300% damage without).

Other than that, Fazula's Improbable Chain will let you enter Archon with some stacks already built up, which is really nice. I don't know if it's enough to make the cut if you're unable to do the GR20 for 3rd Haedrig's Gift, though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does cubing a puzzle ring still open a portal to Greed's Realm or is that old stuff?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It still does yes.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Happened to be around when somebody made a team for the chest conquest, then someone else made a bounty team, so I went from "I got my stash tab, I'm good" to "totally done with the season" before I knew it. Spent the rest of the night cleaning out all of the crap from my stash. I think I've condensed everything down well enough, but it's still gonna be a mess come season's end.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

what happens at the end of the season if my non-seasonal stash is full? does that stuff just sit in the mail

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
it sits in your mail for up to 30 days, I think

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just got the stash tab, had half of the last tier done already but I'm not sure if I wanna keep pushing. I feel like if I wanna do the rift in under 4 minutes I probably gotta learn Raekor and spend some time farming up better versions of that gear. IK is a cool set but unless they just serve me up great big clumps of bad guys without stopping, I don't know that it can get under 4.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just got the stash tab, had half of the last tier done already but I'm not sure if I wanna keep pushing. I feel like if I wanna do the rift in under 4 minutes I probably gotta learn Raekor and spend some time farming up better versions of that gear. IK is a cool set but unless they just serve me up great big clumps of bad guys without stopping, I don't know that it can get under 4.

Join a pub game, this should be no problem and you'll probably get it on accident.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah it seems like the big open secret of season objectives is that most of them don't need to be done solo.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Mind over Matter posted:

I have more paragon levels this season than I have accumulated in every season and non-season before.

I realize that I gain them faster with stronger items, sure. But I also am playing a ton, this is just a great season. One of the best, if not the best so far that I've played.

Same the power creep has helped a lot. This is the first season I've gotten over 800 paragon, non-season is only like 1000 paragon total after all prior seasons combined. I think I made it to 770 last season?

I feel like my gear isn't that great either. Have yet to find a single usable primal and still missing several ancients but clearing GRs solo in the high 90s.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I've hit a brick wall on Torment X using this build. I have a complete Pestilence set and Inarius set. I'm one piece away from complete Rathma. I've got various legendaries that usually get slotted into high end builds, including gems. I was thinking of doing this since it's different than Skelly Mage spam, but was wondering what other builds might be fun to try.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Look up the lazy bonestorm one.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/inarius-bone-storm-necromancer-speed-farming-variation

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93538-inarius-lazystorm-txiii-gr60-70-speedfarm

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh man, is it that loving time of the day again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Star Man posted:

Oh man, is it that loving time of the day again?

You need to update that.