Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/952878794007875584

It's us.

We are the monsters.

We are the baddies.

We are the shithole country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot imagine how lovely of a human being someone has to be to join ICE

Like, they apparently have a huge personnel shortage and its like "no poo poo, you are objectively worthless and evil every last one of you"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

All these clowns in the comments asking "Why didn't he just apply for citizenship?" like it's a goddamn credit card.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The sad thing is he probably didn't try because he feared being deported.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
like when you sit down and think about it its funny that ICE has voluntarily become a military organization dedicated to the preservation of white supremacy and then wonders why everyone hates them

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, they apparently have a huge personnel shortage and its like "no poo poo, you are objectively worthless and evil every last one of you"

Yeah, I can understand the thought process behind an otherwise decent person becoming a cop, or a fed or even part of the CIA or DEA, but what kind of loving monster says "I want the sum total of my job to be tearing apart families."

Edit: I guess that's a little unfair, they also arrest single men based on anonymous tips that coincidentally occur three days before those men were owed a paycheck.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I got jumped by a couple of guys when I was 19 and got my jaw broken and had it wired shut for two months and lost like 25lbs that I didn’t really have to lose in the first place.

Welp, that’s my broken bone story, it sucked, don’t let it happen to you.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I can understand the thought process behind an otherwise decent person becoming a cop, or a fed or even part of the CIA or DEA, but what kind of loving monster says "I want the sum total of my job to be tearing apart families."

You can rationalize anything but joining the DEA is about as bad as joining ICE.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You can rationalize anything but joining the DEA is about as bad as joining ICE.

the DEA at least superficially enforces a social good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, you're right.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If the DEA was focusing all its effort on snuffing out the opioid crisis (which is a major loving problem) it would be fine but lol time to go after browns and blacks with a plant some more

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

one of my fav Coates quotes was about how comes opiods is a medical epidemic but crack was a crime epidemic

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My cousin's husband is in either ICE or CBP, I think it's the latter but I'm not 100% sure.

Also seeing poo poo like this makes me super-worried about my wife's upcoming green card interview even though I know that we'll get through that OK.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the DEA at least superficially enforces a social good

So does ICE. There is a theoretical rendering of the agency that works to prevent terrorism, protect border towns from the higher crime rates that are often found there, and gently enforces trade laws. Instead GWB decided we need a bunch of the dumbest mother fuckers in America armed to the teeth to fend of the Mexican scourge.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So does ICE. There is a theoretical rendering of the agency that works to prevent terrorism, protect border towns from the higher crime rates that are often found there, and gently enforces trade laws. Instead GWB decided we need a bunch of the dumbest mother fuckers in America armed to the teeth to fend of the Mexican scourge.

Good ole compassionate conservatism and self deportation

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I got jumped by a couple of guys when I was 19 and got my jaw broken and had it wired shut for two months and lost like 25lbs that I didn’t really have to lose in the first place.

Welp, that’s my broken bone story, it sucked, don’t let it happen to you.

When I got braces they asked if I wanted to get my jaw broken and pushed out and wired shut for a while to fix my 2-3mm-ish underbite lol. Nah fam I'm good.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

The Big Jesus posted:

When I got braces they asked if I wanted to get my jaw broken and pushed out and wired shut for a while to fix my 2-3mm-ish underbite lol. Nah fam I'm good.

I probably need this surgery to have a normal (read: not underbite) bite but Jesus christ who can actually take a month off of work this day and age

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My largest student loan is now below $30k.

Still have around $50k to go total.

Living tha dream baby!!!!!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

I had $40k when I graduated, but somehow $25k of that was in my dad's name (still not sure how that worked) that got wiped out when he died in my last quarter at school.

The remaining ~$7k is getting paid off by my inheritance from my grandma passing.

Love to only have a chance to crawl out from student loan debt thanks to the deaths of loved ones :c00l:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Blitz7x posted:

I probably need this surgery to have a normal (read: not underbite) bite but Jesus christ who can actually take a month off of work this day and age

The front of my lower teeth sit against the back of my front teeth so I'm just astounded they offered it. Maybe it was worse back in middle school when I got the braces but I can't imagine it was off by much more than now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

One of my good friends is grandson to the greatest golfer of all time and we live in the area where around 8 green jacket winners are located. We hang out with lots of big golfers.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Illegal Hen
I do remember listening to NPR's The Takeaway podcast & they did a special on the opioid addiction epidemic and one thing I took from it was that medical companies kinda sorta overprescribed them back in the 90's as a catch-all for people in pain.

As for injuries I've had, one time I was biking with my friends in Ohio during the summer of my 8th grade year & I flipped over my handlebars. I tore a huge chunk out of the flesh near my elbow that it didn't really bleed but you could see the white of the tendons/ligaments. Luckily I wiped out near a house and a guy came out in his tighty whitey undies to help administer first aid. I still have the scar to this day*.

The other injury I had was carrying my drunken friend from the rail line to a nearby bench during Santacon and I strained my left knee really bad. Took me about a year of physical therapy to recover from it.

*on my elbow. That mental image is tucked away in another compartment.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

I had $40k when I graduated, but somehow $25k of that was in my dad's name (still not sure how that worked) that got wiped out when he died in my last quarter at school.

The remaining ~$7k is getting paid off by my inheritance from my grandma passing.

Love to only have a chance to crawl out from student loan debt thanks to the deaths of loved ones :c00l:

Inherited wealth! :hfive:

:smith:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I ended up getting braces twice because I had super hosed up teeth and never wore my retainers. Somehow my teeth have not reverted back to its primal state despite me not wearing my retainers (again).

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Amy Pole Her posted:

One of my good friends is grandson to the greatest golfer of all time and we live in the area where around 8 green jacket winners are located. We hang out with lots of big golfers.

Dang that's cool. My favorite course got sold out for real estate. Gonna be upscale condos next to Amish farms :(

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

one of my fav Coates quotes was about how comes opiods is a medical epidemic but crack was a crime epidemic

Richard Pryor posted:

I meet people, since I stopped doing drugs, I found out there's more motherfuckers doin' drugs. Mean, doctors and poo poo. Old ladies. "Give me that blue one. And give me another red one, please." They call it an epidemic, now. That means white folks are doin' it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

They still overprescribe the gently caress out of opioids. My wife had to take my brother in law to urgent care when he was ~19 about 5 or 6 years ago because he had a terrible flu and was dehydrated to the point of needing some IV fluids. Because of his dehydration, he had a monster headache.

They wanted to give him morphine for his pain at the UC and a prescription for some oxy.

My wife was like what in the goddamn gently caress are you doing you morons and refused to take her brother to get the oxy rx filled.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Its Rinaldo posted:

Inherited wealth! :hfive:

:smith:

thank god that death tax isn't as onerous for normal hard working americans anymore.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm getting 20k from my dad's life insurance (20k to each son, rest to momma). I am going to spend it on debt instead of a car because I know he'd want it that way. It's such a weird feeling to get a sad/happy gift.

Also I realized that now that I work from home, a new car is extremely frivolous.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I have 10k in loans left but I basically stopped overpaying them to focus on my wife's credit card I kind of inherited. Dropped that from 15k to 4k over the last year and half lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hey that's progress! Debt blows.

E: If I'm lucky I'll have mine paid off this year, then it's on to finally paying my parents back for my wedding even though they keep telling me not to worry about it.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 15, 2018

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

They still overprescribe the gently caress out of opioids. My wife had to take my brother in law to urgent care when he was ~19 about 5 or 6 years ago because he had a terrible flu and was dehydrated to the point of needing some IV fluids. Because of his dehydration, he had a monster headache.

They wanted to give him morphine for his pain at the UC and a prescription for some oxy.

My wife was like what in the goddamn gently caress are you doing you morons and refused to take her brother to get the oxy rx filled.

Yeah, my wife had a compression fracture in her back 7 or 8 years ago that was overlooked for half a year, but was finally re-inflated/filled with cement when discovered. It was painful, no doubt, but she got a script for about 200 Tramadol with a loving refill for 'recovery' and 'pain management'. Absolutely insane.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I walked past Coolio in LAX in the mid 90s, once.

Also I once sat and had dinner with CA congresswoman Jackie Speier and her husband at a fancy dinner party, and she was a nice lady. I read later about the Jonestown shooting and was more impressed. I'm sorta glad I didn't know about it at the time, though, because it would have been crass to bring it up but I might have felt compelled to ask about it. Instead we just had a casual chat between the ~6 or so of us at that table.

I guess I've met a few of the Gettys too, my wife used to work at an investment and charity company they own so we got to go to these annual christmas parties at the getty mansion in SF for a few years in a row. Never had a conversation with any of them but I must have shaken one or two hands. Also met Gavin Newsom's dad, Judge Newsom, he seemed friendly. Saw Nancy Pelosi wandering around at one of those, but didn't get a chance to say hello.

I've pulled a hamstring while hiking about 12 years ago and didn't get it looked at or treated for over a year, and so it still bothers me from time to time. Also have a shoulder impingement from replacing my truck's transmission a couple summers ago and spending too much time reaching up into the underside of the truck trying to wrench.

When I was a teenager I was in science class and I had a sudden pain in my neck which they called "rye neck" (in the UK) and passed out and hit my head on the lab bench on the way down and I got a concussion and the hilarious fun of being carted out past hundreds of fellow students on a gurney by EMT people while the headmaster and my teacher were freaking out that they'd maybe horribly crippled the American kid. I was fine of course.

I do get nosebleeds. Used to get them more frequently when I was younger. I just have a close vein, it's been suggested I could get it cauterized but uhhh, no thanks.

Oh I also have a half inch scar on my right thumb from when I was stabbing my desk as a teenager and yanked my pocket knife out and sliced open my thumb, just barely missing the tendon.

I also have three tiny scars from my appendectomy but I don't think that counts as an injury. I'm fortunate to have never broken a bone or needed stitches.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
In 8th grade I was playing baseball and caught a fly ball with my lower jaw, broke the jaw but I kept the teeth because I had braces. Braces that were now imbedded in the inside of my lower lip. And since it happened after 5PM the insurance didn't want to pay for anything because I did not consult my primary physician before going to the ER.

I saw Jewel at a showing of Love, Janis while it was off Broadway, she was one table over from mine.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

CannonFodder posted:

In 8th grade I was playing baseball and caught a fly ball with my lower jaw, broke the jaw but I kept the teeth because I had braces. Braces that were now imbedded in the inside of my lower lip. And since it happened after 5PM the insurance didn't want to pay for anything because I did not consult my primary physician before going to the ER.

This reminded me of two Christmases ago when I got bitten by a spider on the wrist and the bite got infected. Big red rash went all the way up to my shoulder and down to my hand. Dad was like "you gotta go to the ER, right now." Get there, they keep me for 3 days on antibiotics and poo poo. Get home after a trip to Israel over New Year's (owns) and came back to find the insurance was trying to deny my claim because the infection was in my lymphatic system and not my blood system like I'm supposed to somehow know the loving difference (and also tell a Doctor who told me to go to the ER 'nah fam, I'm good.')

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have like 2400 left on my student loans.

Aw yeah

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

I have like 2400 left on my student loans.

Aw yeah

Nice dude! Congrats!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/952967057410281472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

these people

like mccain didn't want this holiday

and don't get me started about how they hijack rosa parks