Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have a big fat 0$ in student loans. Thankfully my wife went to grad school in New York so if public service loan forgiveness gets nurfed in the ways we all expect we'll never be debt free. There's pretty much no element of the plague upon millennials that I haven't gotten to experience first hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
10 years after the "ten year public service forgiveness" for student loans kicked in and were starting to discover just how evil these companies are and how many loopholes they can use

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

moments like this remind me of history's greatest @

https://twitter.com/WarrenSapp/status/751389531987931136

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mrs. Ehud went home with a stomach bug.

Bout to go grab some Emetrol for her nausea and a hazmat suit and Lysol for me. I've gone a decade without vomiting and I don't intend for the streak to be broken anytime soon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Considering recent Dolphin's history that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Considering recent Dolphin's history that's a hell of an accomplishment.

lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

Mrs. Ehud went home with a stomach bug.

Bout to go grab some Emetrol for her nausea and a hazmat suit and Lysol for me. I've gone a decade without vomiting and I don't intend for the streak to be broken anytime soon.

What's up, Seinfeld?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pubic works project posted:

What's up, Seinfeld?

Look to the cookie, Elaine...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Injury chat: Sprained my ankle in eight grade. That's kinda it, other than whatever gave me epilepsy that I can't even remember because I was an infant.
Celebrity chat: I was held as a baby by Olympic swimmers while my mom was doing swim lessons I guess, but the one I remember was holding the door open for the Morris twins at KU.
Debt chat:

Spoeank posted:

Love to only have a chance to crawl out from student loan debt thanks to the deaths of loved ones :c00l:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm looking forward to paying my loans off because when I do, not having that monthly payment to worry about will be the biggest "raise" I'll have ever received that didn't involve leaving one job for a different one. Except all of that extra money will then go towards finishing my car payments wheeee

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

C-Euro posted:

I'm looking forward to paying my loans off because when I do, not having that monthly payment to worry about will be the biggest "raise" I'll have ever received that didn't involve leaving one job for a different one. Except all of that extra money will then go towards finishing my car payments wheeee

same but I buy clunkers and ride them for 5~ years so I'll only have house payments. Between my wifes CC debt from before we met and my student loans, once those are all gone we're looking at an extra 700ish per month :eyepop:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Having money is cool and good bad

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen

Okay, my art history skills are failing me and I had to look up the painting behind Paul Ryan. Guess it's Embarkation of the Pilgrims but I'm missing the joke here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Okay, my art history skills are failing me and I had to look up the painting behind Paul Ryan. Guess it's Embarkation of the Pilgrims but I'm missing the joke here.

It's Paul Ryan looking at a statue of MLK Jr.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Update: Influenza detected in residence in Ehud residence. Initial sweep yielded one infected - female, age 30. Administered 25ml anti-nausea medicine. Converted master bedroom into quarantine zone. Transferred two K9 to safe zone, located in what used to be the living room.

Since learning of contamination I have taken every precaution to avoid infection. However, I fear it may be too late for me as I experienced continuous exposure to the infected during the viral incubation period. If you don't hear from me again in 24 hours, assume I have succumb and please send reinforcements.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Dude. It's the Republican Speaker of the House, the party that's been real silent and supportive of Trumps aggressive racism, staring deeply at a bust of MLK. Don't over think it.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
yo you ain't gonna let the dogs cheer her up tho? what's the point of having dogs if not to force them to cuddle you while sick?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sounds like a good plan Ehud what is your address

*googles "how to make napalm at home"*

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Maybe I am too but I think it's just Paul Ryan doing a photo op where he has self-consciously tried to adopt a pose/facial expression like he's deeply pondering a statue of MLK. The popular left-leaning joke tweeter @KrangTNelson is mocking and dismissing Paul Ryan's attempt to co-opt MLK's image.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Big Jesus posted:

yo you ain't gonna let the dogs cheer her up tho? what's the point of having dogs if not to force them to cuddle you while sick?

They comforted her while I was at work but they like to bounce back and forth when we're in two different rooms and I don't want them bugging her and jostling the bed around :smith:

Spoeank posted:

seriously

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Dude. It's the Republican Speaker of the House, the party that's been real silent and supportive of Trumps aggressive racism, staring deeply at a bust of MLK. Don't over think it.

Yeah I figured it's about the MLK bust but the fact the 2 other pics zooming in on Ryan's noggin had me all :shrug:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah I figured it's about the MLK bust but the fact the 2 other pics zooming in on Ryan's noggin had me all :shrug:

Well it also points to him trying to have an emotion when he is clearly a terminator sent back to exterminate the poor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Commence sterilization of residence in t-minus 12 hours.

Suffer not the mutant to live.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen
I just figured Ryan's emotion was "Hm.... Can I kill the poor brown people and get away with it?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
He's thinking, "Killing... killing in the name of... what? Austerity? Wicked cool. Love those Machines Against the Rage guys, they get me."

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

He's way too deluded for that:

"I'm trying so hard MLK, so hard. If they would only listen to me, they'd discover that I know what's right for them. If we privatize enough and reduce govt and regulations to a bare minimum your people would actually prosper. Every time I try to help them by showing them the glory of hard work they call me a racist and a bigot. You must've gone through a similar struggle."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
KAEP FROM THE TOP ROPE

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/953029438534496256

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I send Letters from a Birmingham Jail to people whenever they say "I mean I agree with the basic message but I don't think this is the right way to do things". Been sending it a lot these days. I figure even if they don't get the message at least they read something brilliant.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

king didn't have a positive approval rating when he was alive

a good omen for kaep

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I met Morgan Spurlock in an airport once, which was cool, but then he turned out to be a sexual harasser, which was not cool. I also once heckled David Brooks, the weasel.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The big thing is how the gop will always bring up his "reputation for non-violence" before anything else

They turned a revolutionary into a friendly old guy who wanted everyone to get along

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen
King was also shot & killed.

Not as good an omen for Kaepernick.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shangri-Law School posted:

I met Morgan Spurlock in an airport once, which was cool, but then he turned out to be a sexual harasser, which was not cool. I also once heckled David Brooks, the weasel.

Morgan Spurlock too? What the gently caress .

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The big thing is how the gop will always bring up his "reputation for non-violence" before anything else

They turned a revolutionary into a friendly old guy who wanted everyone to get along

It's not just the GOP on that front. For a country as violent as ours people really love to buy into the myth that non-violence is the only way to enact change. Violence is absolutely a possible answer. Perhaps not the best or the first option, but definitely one that exists.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

They comforted her while I was at work but they like to bounce back and forth when we're in two different rooms and I don't want them bugging her and jostling the bed around :smith:

seriously

Now is a good time to take some Zicam. Its normally not effective, because you have to take it before you start to show any symptoms. It might actually help.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Morgan Spurlock too? What the gently caress .

It's not just the GOP on that front. For a country as violent as ours people really love to buy into the myth that non-violence is the only way to enact change. Violence is absolutely a possible answer. Perhaps not the best or the first option, but definitely one that exists.

It's because non violent protest aren't really effective in changes alone, so it makes sense that those who support the status quo offer it as a solution.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen
IF you goons haven't had a chance, I highly recommend reading March by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin & Nate Powell. The thing I took away from the graphic novel was that King knew how to utilize his non-violent stance by saying, "Either you deal with me in a peaceful manner... or you deal with Malcom X."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I used to consider David Brooks an idiot but essentially the thoughtful opposition that would exist in a better democracy. Then for about a year NPR played a clip of a Diane Rhem interview with Brooks as an ad for her show in which he criticizes a football player celebrating a defensive stop by comparing him to Bob Hope expressing his gratitude for the end of World War 2. I no longer have any positive thoughts about David Brooks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And Columbus was an explorer, Gandhi a pacifist, and every founding father a freedom fighter.

All statues come with a whitewashing.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I think the threat of violence works better than actual violence, like how hostages become less valuable after you shoot them. And violence probably worked better when American society as a whole was more violent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the threat of violence works better than actual violence, like how hostages become less valuable after you shoot them. And violence probably worked better when American society as a whole was more violent.

Uh