Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

girl pants posted:

fair enough, I guess I've contributed to enough useless derails in my time that I can't really complain.

I hate these people:

I [30F] am so mad at my husband [31 M] right now. Highly anticipated date night gone wrong. Married about 6 years.

What do you wanna bet she finds something wrong with everything he plans so he's just given up planning anything with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I (28m) don't date any women and my father (55m) is terribly upset about it

quote:

Hi. I don't speak English in my country.

I am a 28 m professional and have worked in a good company for 2 years. I earn a good salary and live by myself. I am dedicated to sports and my work.

I am surrounding by men. I have a single dad (mom left him when I was a child and she cut contact with the family), 3 brothers and 4 male friends. I also work in a company that mostly employs men. I don't know if it is relevant...

Anyway, I don't have any type of relationship with women. Not on purpose, it is just like that. I like women sexually and not men, but I don't have much interaction with women.

Women in my office and in the gym have asked me out, but I declined because I am ok by myself and I am afraid to make a mistake.

My dad tried to set me up with a neighbor's (60f) daughter (30f), Cindy, and I was terribly uncomfortable. I felt I didn't want to disrespect Cindy, who I have known for ever and is a close friend of the family. She seem frustrated with me because I am distant but I didn't want to behave inappropriately.

Anyway, Cindy left and sent me text asking me why I was so distant. My dad snapped at me and told me I am slow as a turtle and I am going to die alone.

I like Cindy a lot, but the all "dating" makes me afraid to cross a line I shouldn't and I think I am better off without dating.

TL;DR Dad is angry because I don't like dating. What should I do?
Actually, your dad may be onto something man.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Worse yet, she attempts to cook anyway with a broken arm and this has resulted in 2 broken plates and a broken glass. I absolutely hate when my items get damaged, so I put an end to that behavior quick before further damage occurred. Sometimes she cries her when she thinks I've fallen asleep. 

He's leaving a lot out at this point I think...

quote:

It's gotten to the point where my wife is so upset with being outdone that she refuses any intimacy.

Her arm is broken, you loving twat

quote:

My mom and dad both think

You went crying to your parents?

quote:

may be depressed or have some other mental illness 

Oh come on

I hate this guy.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Another day, another total loser manchild with a girlfriend who just doesn't know if she should break up after years and years:

Is this worth breaking up with my 27 year old bf with of almost 3 years?

quote:

He's 27 and I am 24 we've been together for almost 3 years and we barely do anything I want to do.

Oh it's Saturday? What do you want to do? Date night? A museum? A cosplay event? Go get ice cream? Or Plaster Fun Time?

Game shop. Game shop. Game shop. Game shop. Game shop.

Every single weekend its going to the game shop or staying home and doing nothing all day. It's getting mentally exhausting for me to try and think of anything we can do together besides go to the game shop and be bored to tears or get my rear end kicked at Yu-Gi-Oh. All I want is to spend one Saturday doing something I want to do with him and whenever I tell him this he either digs his heels in and refuses to go or he forgets the day of and makes plans with someone else or even he complains it'll cost too much. Recently he's been sleeping later in the day because he stays up all night playing Overwatch and I'm ok with that but today a museum I like was supposed to be open all day for free and I want to go I asked him about it when I saw the ad for it on FB last week on Thursday. He said yes so I switched with a coworker giving up my time and a half I was supposed to get today to go to this museum and what did he do? He slept in till almost 2pm and blamed me for not getting him up early. But he's an adult and agreed to these plans so I shouldn't have to be the one to get him out of bed he should have been more conscientious about what time he went to bed last night.

I honestly feel like he didn't want to go to the museum with me because he doesn't understand contemporary art. And now we are stuck at home with nothing to do but watch Netflix and him play Overwatch.

Do his actions when doing something I want to do garner me breaking up with him or should I just let it slide and be mad at him for a few days and let it go?

Tl;dr my bf never wants to do anything I want complaining it costs too much, forgets and makes other plans, or digs in his heels and refuses to go. Should I break up with him or let it go?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Dude, any lawyer in America could get her a protective restraining order and full custody ASAP.

I guess I'll let you be the one to ask that question to the legal thread

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Palpek posted:

Another day, another total loser manchild with a girlfriend who just doesn't know if she should break up after years and years:

Is this worth breaking up with my 27 year old bf with of almost 3 years?

What the gently caress is ‘plaster fun time’?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Palpek posted:

How about you keep your stupid mouth shut, quit smoking, have your septum operated (like you should because you can't breath through your nose and may die one day anyway) and then get to enjoy extremely delicious food for the rest of your life from a person who loves cooking it for you? Holy poo poo what a loving idiot, I bet he'll end up telling this to her and will never understand why the relationship slowly died.

Depends how long his septum has been hosed up, it could actually go back to being hosed up after surgery! Story time: My cousin has had a deviated septum for 18ish years and finally got surgery for it, after 2 weeks it went back to its' deviated position because that was the normal position for it now.

I did not read the story because it seemed boring, so maybe his nose has been hosed for like 2 months and he's a bitch.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

tactlessbastard posted:

Her arm is broken, you loving twat

Intimacy doesn't have to mean sex, big guy. He specifically says kissing and touching, not bouncing on his cock on demand, and two weeks is a long time to not kiss your partner without a reason. Certainly long enough to have a mature chat with him about the issue.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Andy Dufresne posted:

Yeah, I'm not arguing in this guy's defense, I just don't see how you keep him from getting shared custody.

Wait, you're asking this about the poop sniffer? Pretty goddamned easy, I would think.

"Your Honor, here is a video of my husband with an erection sniffing our infant's diaper."

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I [34f] married my husband [34m] and learned he cheated on me while dating - 6m later and now I'm uncomfortable with him going to places like Hooters/Twin Peaks/etc... am I out of line?

quote:

I found out a week before we married that he cheated on me a few times with an ex girlfriend when we were dating (early on) and that he continued a line of conversation with another ex well into our relationship. He's doing all he can to be open and honest with me and we've been going to marriage counseling, but today a friend of mine who works at Twin Peaks sent me a text that she saw him there with some of his co-workers. After a 2 hour lunch while he was supposed to be working quickly to get a big job done, I'm honestly upset that he went to a place to oogle women with a couple of single guys. After all the cheating and dishonesty, he's really made me feel unattractive and hurt my self-esteem, so it doesn't help that he's there to look at a bunch of chicks who look nothing like his new wife (I'm not fat and ugly, but at 34 and after 4 kids, I'm not a candidate for a waitressing job at Hooters) Tell me, am I being out of line here?

TL:DR Recently cheated on and husband is at Twin Peaks... am I out of line for being upset

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

darkwasthenight posted:

Intimacy doesn't have to mean sex, big guy. He specifically says kissing and touching, not bouncing on his cock on demand, and two weeks is a long time to not kiss your partner without a reason. Certainly long enough to have a mature chat with him about the issue.

Ok, her arm is broken and he's been doing whatever the hell it was that he euphemistically called 'putting an end to that behavior'

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

I [34f] married my husband [34m] and learned he cheated on me while dating - 6m later and now I'm uncomfortable with him going to places like Hooters/Twin Peaks/etc... am I out of line?

He can't even be monogamous with his lovely boob ogling chain restaurants, shameful.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

dudeness posted:

He can't even be monogamous with his lovely boob ogling chain restaurants, shameful.

I will never get over the fact that Hooters is an actual chain and not a Married... with Children gag.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

PetraCore posted:

Do most high schools not have a required Home Ec class? Mine did and that's where I learned to cook.

EDIT: Also learned basic sewing and washing dishes by hand and stuff.

Hahahahahahahaha, nope.

Although I did go to an old school WASP all girls prep school that pretty much wanted to turn everyone into lawyers/doctors/CEOs while also being woke feminists sooooooo.

We did have seminars on self defense and doing your taxes/general money stuff though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

darkwasthenight posted:

Yeah no kissing is stone cold bitch behavior, hell, I'd have some explaining to do if I didn't kiss my partner goodbye in the morning and I have to wake him up for that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I will never get over the fact that Hooters is an actual chain and not a Married... with Children gag.

Hooters was an official partner for the most recent Sonic the Hedgehog game because sure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Barudak posted:

Hooters was an official partner for the most recent Sonic the Hedgehog game because sure.

Literally raised my hands in exasperation at this.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Barudak posted:

?????????????????

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

tactlessbastard posted:

You went crying to your parents?

Still better than asking Reddit.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Literally raised my hands in exasperation at this.

Don't worry your concerns about the existence of restaurants with ladies in skimpy outfits has been noted in the Ledger of Wokeness, when judgement day comes it shall be factored in

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Don't worry your concerns about the existence of restaurants with ladies in skimpy outfits has been noted in the Ledger of Wokeness, when judgement day comes it shall be factored in

:raise:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Eezee posted:

Still better than asking Reddit.

If argue it's worse. Being a jackass anonymously on the internet vs. spilling you and your wife's personal bidness to your parents.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
How would you even bring that up? "Hey mom and pops, my wife's arm is broken and she doesn't wanna gently caress me, what do you guys think is up here?"

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
At least your parents could give you decent advice. The signal-to-noise ratio on Reddit is terrible.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

My freshman roommate in college would drive 40 minutes to her grandparents house to do her laundry rather than do it on campus because she was too afraid. She would actually be right at home in this thread because she managed to get pregnant right after getting a Mirena IUD. She ended up marrying her older redneck boyfriend who had gotten kicked out of the volunteer firefighter squad. Then she moved out halfway through the year and I got the room to myself.

Always make your kids do their laundry.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Crazy roommate (21M) is making my (21F) life hell, can he legally kick me out if my name is on the lease? + a few other qs (NS, Canada)

quote:

Got back in touch with an old ex from high school a while ago and we started talking. I was in a really bad living situation at the time and I wanted out and he was still living with his parents so we decided to rent a place (2 bedroom/2 bath) together. I was gonna pay $500 of the rent and he'd cover the rest in exchange for getting the bigger bedroom with the ensuite. He lived far away at the time so I was the one who met the landlord and signed the lease and stuff and he just gave me the money for it, his name isn't on the lease at all. Anyway he came into some money, bought me a new laptop for school, and suddenly he offered to pay all the rent and I agreed, and he even wanted to pay 6 months rent up front (he thought we could get a discount offering this, and we did, actually). He'd interaced the deposit a few weeks earlier and I'd met with the landlord and signed the lease then so that's why my name is on it. It's a 12 month lease if that matters. In late September he gets a bank draft for almost $10k and gives it to the landlord and starts staying in the apartment. Then in October we both move in.

This is where everything starts to go so wrong. I was working and in school at the time but I was struggling with both and the new place was a long drive from work so I quit. But halfway through October I started wondering if the courses I was taking were even useful and after discussing it with my roommate we agreed that I'd be better off working and getting experience and going back to school in the future since I couldn't be a cop any time in the next 5 years anyway since I did illegal substances. So I dropped out and I wasn't working but we paid 6 months rent up front and my roommate was the one who buys groceries and stuff. Unfortunately I have bills, internet, car, insurance, phone, and didn't have any way of paying so I had to ask my roommate to help and he did. It sounds helpful but this did much more harm than good. I struggle with depression and anxiety and the only thing that has ever motivated me to work and leave the house has been when I need money urgently and with him just giving me money it became very hard to start applying for jobs so I spent most of the day just laying in bed and not feeling like doing anything.

In November I started dating one of my roommate's online friends he introduced me to through World of Warcraft. he lived in California. I really wanted to go see him but I had no way of paying for the plane ticket so I asked my roommate for help and he kept refusing, saying it was too expensive, too short notice, etc stupid excuses. My boyfriend was moving back in with his parents soon so I needed the ticket that weekend. I was so desperate and drunk I told my roommate I'd sleep with him and take his virginity if he bought the ticket but he refused. I told him I'd get a job and pay him back and he finally accepted if I paid him back AND slept with him so he bought the ticket and sent me the info. When I sobered up in the morning I realized what I agreed to and I told him I was never going to gently caress him and that I was just drunk. He was upset and said I needed to pay back double the cost of the ticket (like $2000 or something) or he was going to cancel it so I agreed to once I had the money. I believe this is soliciting prostitution or extortion and I have text messages from this time, could I bring them to the police?

He didn't cancel the ticket and I went to visit my long distance boyfriend but my roommate started acting really really lovely after this. Just ignoring me, spending all his time in his room, when I brought company over he didn't even say hi. He started drinking which was alarming and around the end of November he got extremely drunk kept messaging me about how much he loved me and poo poo and I got scared and called the cops. I wanted them to take him to the hospital but they said he wasn't in any danger. When I told them I felt threatened they said they couldn't do anything since he technically lived here too and since we were exes I think they were taking me much less seriously or maybe it was my record, but they did nothing, they just left him here and told me I should move out. I don't have a loving lock on my bedroom door and I went to sleep that night terrified he was going to break in and do something. In the end nothing happened but I've never felt less safe in my own home. In the morning I ran into him when I getting some water and we got into a fight and I told him how much I hated him and living here and he told me I could leave whenever. Then he went back to his room and started ignoring me again.

Around this time I wanted to visit my boyfriend again so I had to ask my roommate for money again. He just texted me asking how much and when I told him he sent the money then went back to ignoring me. I went for a week this time and he didn't message me at all. When I got back I almost expected to find him having committed suicide, but he was ok. All of December was a good month and I never had to interact with him at all except when he made supper or when we needed to go get groceries. I started applying for jobs and stuff and I was looking into how hard it was to immigrate to the USA on a fiancee visa. I was finally moving forward in life. I asked for money again so I could visit my boyfriend for Christmas and he gave it to me without complaint and I visited for 10 days, but on the last day I was there my boyfriend broke up with me and I was absolutely devastated, I had lost all of my goals and now I had nothing to work for again. I was getting drunk every night.

I decided to go on a trip to get over it and drove to Toronto with my roommate. We stayed for a few days and had a good time mostly but he got really annoyed when I asked for separate hotel rooms. I just didn't feel comfortable staying in the same room with him. He agreed eventually and the rest of the trip was fine. The drive back was very awkward and we had a couple of arguments and I finally got it across to him that I am never going to date him no matter what and the rest of the way he just ignored me. Now when we got back he was even more withdrawn than usual and started talking about how he was going to move out and stop giving me money and that these past few months were such a huge, miserable waste of time. This entire time he hasn't been working or in school and he hasn't been doing anything with his life. I wonder why it was such a huge waste of time lmao. I got pissed about this and told him that and he just went back to ignoring me again.

Now none of the jobs I've applied for have called back, I'm so broke I have no money in any of my accounts, I won't be able to pay any of my bills this month. Rent is paid for until March which is the only good thing about all this, but I need to know if he can kick me out or not? Like I said my name is on the lease, it's a 12 month contract, his name doesn't show up anywhere but verbally of course I agreed to let him stay and he paid all the money. Also if he moves out instead, is it possible for him to be on the hook for the other 6 months of the 12 month contract (since only 6 months have been paid for so far)? He verbally agreed to live here and pay the rent and it will be a breach of terms if he just bails won't it? And is it worth talking to the cops about the prostitution/extortion thing? Everything is such a mess right now and I really need help, thanks for reading

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Patrick Spens posted:

Crazy roommate (21M) is making my (21F) life hell, can he legally kick me out if my name is on the lease? + a few other qs (NS, Canada)

why isn't there a trainwreck smilie?

I don't know who is worse, but they might be equally awful people. They should just get married and fulfill a suicide pact.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Patrick Spens posted:

holy poo poo lmao.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Patrick Spens posted:

That’s it close the thread. Between this and Diaper Dad, we’re at peak r/relationships

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Patrick Spens posted:

Holy poo poo. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. What does this chick have on her roommate that he keeps giving her cash? All we needed was some polyamory to make it complete, and we almost got that!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Could someone summarize? I've tried reading it twice and gave up at around "I might as well drop out of school because I can't be a cop for years due to substance convictions."

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jeza posted:

I'm sitting here telling myself that families and cultural expectations are different so I shouldn't judge, but holy poo poo. 21???

If by the age of 18 you don't know how to cook a basic meal or do laundry, there needs to be a government program where they dump you in remote taiga and only those that adapt will survive.

In my experience suburban whites and/or vaguely wellish off people cannot, I repeat, CAN. NOT. Do the most basic day to day functions. I had a roommate who was impressed that I could fry an egg. I've also had a roommate who didn't know how replace toilet rolls. I've had a roommate who used a kitchen towel soaked in bleach to try and clean the communal TV.

I worry for my generation.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Could someone summarize? I've tried reading it twice and gave up at around "I might as well drop out of school because I can't be a cop for years due to substance convictions."

Two kids of opposite genders move in with each other platonically. The boy inherits a ton of money and offers to pay for everything. The girl quits her job due to stress and quits her school due to drug use. She then gets an internet boyfriend and demands her roommate pay for her plane tickets to visit him since the boy pays for everything in her life now. He doesn't want to pay for her to fly off and gently caress some guy, so she offers him sex in exchange for the ticket, he eventually agrees but in the morning she sobers up and says that's prostitution and illegal and rescinds the desperate offer. She eventually gets the money without sex and flies to california to be with her WoW boyfriend but when she comes back her roommate is weird and grumpy for some odd reason, then out of nowhere professes his love for her. She begs money again to see her online boyfriend, roommate agrees but this time the trip ends with a break-up. Girl falls into alcoholism and depression, boy is withdrawn. To clear the air they go on a road trip but the boy gets upset she doesn't want to sleep with him again. He again professes his love and she again keeps rejecting him. She continues to wallow in failure and he keeps entirely paying for her life in desperate hope he can get with her. It's a gross pathetic codependent relationship between two children.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Baronjutter posted:

Two kids of opposite genders move in with each other platonically. The boy inherits a ton of money and offers to pay for everything. The girl quits her job due to stress and quits her school due to drug use. She then gets an internet boyfriend and demands her roommate pay for her plane tickets to visit him since the boy pays for everything in her life now. He doesn't want to pay for her to fly off and gently caress some guy, so she offers him sex in exchange for the ticket, he eventually agrees but in the morning she sobers up and says that's prostitution and illegal and rescinds the desperate offer. She eventually gets the money without sex and flies to california to be with her WoW boyfriend but when she comes back her roommate is weird and grumpy for some odd reason, then out of nowhere professes his love for her. She begs money again to see her online boyfriend, roommate agrees but this time the trip ends with a break-up. Girl falls into alcoholism and depression, boy is withdrawn. To clear the air they go on a road trip but the boy gets upset she doesn't want to sleep with him again. He again professes his love and she again keeps rejecting him. She continues to wallow in failure and he keeps entirely paying for her life in desperate hope he can get with her. It's a gross pathetic codependent relationship between two children.

Thank you! That is, indeed, peak r/relationships

I am expecting this to be topped within the next hour :nutshot:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Barudak posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Yawgmoth posted:

I have startling new information for you regarding this, apparently! It's really easy to gently caress up food. Even "really simple" stuff. Not to mention that if you don't have a support network willing to help you, basic amenities like a decent frying pan or a pot big enough to boil pasta can be a significant outlay and there are way more people in america who have to say "well I could go buy a pot and a pan but that's also my week's food budget" and surprisingly enough they'd rather eat crappy packaged poo poo than buy cookware and buy ingredients and spend what little free time they have learning to apply one to the other just for the nebulous potential benefit of "better food" some weeks down the road. It sucks but it's not surprising.

It's not.

I totally get very few people are like me in that they'll get 20 minutes down a rabbit hole and spend their way out of it on the basis of it being a 'learning experience,' but that's more from an adult life of owning broken cars and being convinced by similar morons on YouTube it's possible and gently caress paying a mechanic.

That being said, cooking is not hard and the £10 it costs for a pan compared to the £10 minimum it's going to cost for a week's worth of trash tier ready made dinners simply doesn't wash. Especially if the argument is borne of cost consciousness. I paid like £30 for my unbranded cast iron Dutch oven, it's given me years of excellent use, still looks basically brand new and so the argument that somebody can't afford £30 for an investment in not buying literal trash just doesn't wash.

Dice an onion: 20p
Dice a carrot: 20p
Dice celery: 70p
Tin of tomatoes: 30p
500g minced beef: £2.50
Tomato paste: 70p
Garlic paste: 70p
Pasta: £1

That's like 2 night's worth of dinners that don't taste like poo poo, are healthy and it's a completely scalable recipe. Hell, I make a months worth of meals for sub £40 and that's overspending in ~exquisite~ ingredients from the supermarket, which are basically the same as the basic stuff but with additional markup.

People making excuses for not having basic cooking skills in this day and age deserve to get poo poo on no less than the fats in any other GBS thread, there is no shortage of excellent newbie friendly cooking resources online.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

You left out the best part, and it should be the second sentence. He's her ex, and they didn't gently caress while dating. The drug thing was also a prior charge and didn't happen during the semester as far as I can tell. I guess she was trying to be a cop? Why not switch majors?

I tapped out after the flight and didn't get to the end so thanks for the summary. My conclusion was "your roommate is not crazy, it's you!!" although he clearly needs to grow up in a lot of ways to put it kindly.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 15, 2018

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Stop talking about cooking you assholes.

My [26 M] girlfriend [25 F] is accusing me of things I didn't do

quote:

My girlfriend of 8 months has a habit of lashing out during conflicts and saying things she doesn't mean.

Most recently she called me a "worthless piece of poo poo" and that was too far for me so I said we needed to take a break.

She asked me why, and I tried to sit her down and calmly explain that when she's angry, she says some pretty hurtful things. I gave a few past examples too. She replied "Well I've been thinking about the time you grabbed me inappropriately without my consent."

I was speechless. I have never disrespected her in my life, and certainly never sexually. I asked for details of this incident and she burst into tears saying she was "so scared" and felt "so violated".

I was horrified so I told her I needed to take some time to think about things. This morning she wrote me an email that said:

I'm not happy with the way we lift things off. I'd like us to stop the break and go back to normal.

About when you grabbed me, don't worry about it. I forgive you. I know you didn't mean to harm me, although an outsider might not see it that way.

I may have moments of insensitivity that do not match up with who I aim to be. I think that happens to all of us.

This letter gave me a very sick feeling. I feel like she is forgiving me for something I didn't even do. And then minimizing her own behavior.

What should I do now? My gut wants to break up with her but I'm literally afraid of what she might do. Should I talk with her in person?

tldr: Girlfriend says hurtful things when she's mad. I tried to point this out and she accused me of grabbing her inappropriately. She reiterated this in a letter to me. Should I talk with her in person or break things off now?

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Patrick Spens posted:

The Nice Guy's ultimate form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Nice, put the guy on the defensive and subtly imply blackmail/public accusations if he doesn't return to the status quo.