Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The only thing guaranteed with the Atlanta Falcons is heartbreak so in a way, they are the most consistent team in the division imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
how about that superbowl hangover though? it was rough this year

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Coincidental that our "hangover" came the year that we hired a former alcoholic who may have been literally hungover for every game? It would explain a lot, Chili......

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Coincidental that our "hangover" came the year that we hired a former alcoholic who may have been literally hungover for every game? It would explain a lot, Chili......

... we're not firing Sark are we...

Strength of schedule games next year is gonna be Packers/Cardinals.

How the gently caress did we manage to pull the packers AGAIN next season? Christ.

Bengals, Cards, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens for home games.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 15, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

... we're not firing Sark are we...

:negative:

My only hope is our guys remember how to catch the drat ball...Matt Ryan lead all QBs in the divisional round in his wr's dropped passes!

It's IN Lambeau too isn't it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It's IN Lambeau too isn't it?

YEULP

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No doubt it'll be like December 17th...

e:

https://twitter.com/MikeBellATL/status/952954118536138753

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No doubt it'll be like December 17th...

Last 2 games of the year have consistently been Carolina and/or New Orleans, and I don't really see that changing anytime soon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Last 2 games of the year have consistently been Carolina and/or New Orleans, and I don't really see that changing anytime soon.

Ah yeah, good point.

Whatever, next season seems like forever away. I am adopting the Timberwolves as my ride or die until then.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't hate any of the division rival teams :shobon:

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
"We didn't really care about the win."

"Lots of teams lose on last second walk-off touchdowns with 10 seconds left!"

:rolleyes:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

three posted:

"We didn't really care about the win."

:rolleyes:

Do you want wailing and gnashing of teeth?

It sucks to lose, especially when it was so close to turning out differently, but it was still a really good season for a team everyone expected to be mediocre. We lost a divisional playoff game. Wasn’t the first time and probably won’t be the last.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What I want is for the Saints to regress hard next year and for the Falcons to take the division.

That's something that won't play out for a while so I'm content with just laughing at all three NFC:S teams loving off before the Championship game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do you want wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Would it be so much to ask?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Would it be so much to ask?

Screw it, I'm heading to the Appalachian Trail.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

What I want is for the Saints to regress hard next year and for the Falcons to take the division.

That's something that won't play out for a while so I'm content with just laughing at all three NFC:S teams loving off before the Championship game.

Which means the Bucs are gonna go 19-0.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Which means the Bucs are gonna go 19-0.

Inshallah.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

three posted:

It happened 2 weeks ago (15 seconds left) against Tampa though.

...frankly, with the 2014-2016 Saints defense, it used to happen what seemed like every loving week.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ulmont posted:

...frankly, with the 2014-2016 Saints defense, it used to happen what seemed like every loving week.

Yea, the Saints lost a game last year where they had a PAT blocked and returned for a 1 point score in the final seconds of the game. Most fans just sort of expect weird poo poo by this point.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, the Saints lost a game last year where they had a PAT blocked and returned for a 1 point score in the final seconds of the game. Most fans just sort of expect weird poo poo by this point.

Have you ever lost by a pick-2? :thunk:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Have you ever lost by a pick-2? :thunk:

Nah, Falcons still have that one to themselves. But seriously, watch this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUpq65ACQw

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ulmont posted:

Nah, Falcons still have that one to themselves. But seriously, watch this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUpq65ACQw

I remember that one! Do you rank that one better or worse than Saints_Jags_Missed_XP? I feel like that one is an all timer...

My goodness we have found amazing new ways to lose football games :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

The Falcons made it to the playoffs in a division that sent 3 teams to the post season AND managed to win a game on the road. That's not a loving playoff hangover.

I remember that one! Do you rank that one better or worse than Saints_Jags_Missed_XP? I feel like that one is an all timer...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 16, 2018

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

The River City Relay is still a classic because the missed extra point comes after one of the most amazing plays of all time and the only time that "everybody lateral!" worked for a play.

Yup.

A.o.D. posted:

The Falcons made it to the playoffs in a division that sent 3 teams to the post season AND managed to win a game on the road. That's not a loving playoff hangover.

Not at all. Maybe next year?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

:thejoke:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Now that I think about it, that loss against Minnesota was on almost the exact same script as the River City Relay. You had a miraculous come back to put the team in position to win, and the loss come down to one guy who has otherwise played excellently fail to come up with a reasonably easy play.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

A.o.D. posted:

Now that I think about it, that loss against Minnesota was on almost the exact same script as the River City Relay. You had a miraculous come back to put the team in position to win, and the loss come down to one guy who has otherwise played excellently fail to come up with a reasonably easy play.

And may the saints continually fail in the same sissyphean manner, forever and ever, amen

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The dumb / annoying thing for all three teams is that none of them were soundly outplayed or destroyed etc.

Ryan threw a bad ball on the right call on that fade to Julio.

Saints had the play, the angle and the personnel to execute.

Funchess picked the worst possible moment to have a bad moment.

All three teams blew it at the last second because their execution wasn't on the money.

All three can take some solace that they didn't get blown the gently caress out like Tennessee did or completely capitulate like the Rams did.

At least 2 of the 3 teams did it in spite of bad coordinators on offense and all three have some obvious holes that need to be filled but as far as losses go there's a lot of positives.

What I guess I'm trying to say is we can all unite in the fact that we're not Tampa bay!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dilly Dilly! :cheers:

three
Aug 9, 2007

ulmont posted:

It had never happened in the postseason outside of OT ever before.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

Screw it, I'm heading to the Appalachian Trail.

That was a meltdown for the ages.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

three posted:

It's like you're trying to convince people that they're really actually very devastated over this. Probably some people are somewhere, on another forum. Maybe check there?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It's like you're trying to convince people that they're really actually very devastated over this. Probably some people are somewhere, on another forum. Maybe check there?

Maybe if we give him what he wants, he'll go away?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

three posted:

Again, 14 seconds versus 10 seconds, but close enough.

Trigger warning for Saints fans: VD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzp_NIP-S8I

three
Aug 9, 2007

I just want an avatar with Drew Brees in it, too.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

The Carney PAT is still the worst loss, even if others were more meaningful or important.

ulmont posted:

GOD loving DAMMIT

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ulmont posted:

:suicide:

That one still hurts worse because I think most of us thought we were going to win another title.

This years stung but I was kinda feeling more like 'every playoff win right now is just a gift and we can get rolled at any time' given how unsteady the team has seemed.

I did immediately pack up and fly to mexico after the loss though. You guys can pretend its in disgrace if you want but really I am just spending the last week before I start teaching classes again by getting shitfaced on pina coladas at the beach. Who dat!

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWe1KY8HOCg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That was the clip I was talking about with my last post. This kind of poo poo is what I truly love about sports.

There's tens of thousands of people in that stadium (and even more watching from home), each with their own problems and stresses and whatnot, but for a single moment, they are all united in victory.

This is the true power of sports. It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Here you go, Chili! :smithicide:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/953320999872880640

Not surprising and he was starting to show signs of life but that Philly game man...woof...

• Locked thread