Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Y'know, most decent people disengage when they realize they're in sync with Dead Reckoning on an issue.

I agree the TFR weirdos who somehow still infest D&D should look at their agreement with DR and feel ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Calibanibal posted:

That the universally loathed dead reckoning detests Chelsea manning is the strongest argument for her Senate run ive seen itt or elsewhere

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chomskyan posted:

It's not that I'm not willing to change my mind, it's that I know that critics of Manning such as yourself have never shown any convincing evidence of the leaks damaging US national security.

they made some americans less supportive of the security state and thus damaged it by potentially threatening its unopposed support for future operations killing foreigners

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Hot take: If exposing shady business puts the troops in danger or damages relations with other countries then maybe the US shouldn’t engage in shady business because if it gets exposed it can put the troops in danger or damage relations with other countries.

:thunk:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You would think DR would love Manning for pyttibg out an Iraqi snuff film, but maybe gunship weapons aren't personal enough for them.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Calibanibal posted:

That the universally loathed dead reckoning detests Chelsea manning is the strongest argument for her Senate run ive seen itt or elsewhere

Unfortunately for the Manning campaign people like DR make up a substantial portion of democratic primary voters.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Dead Reckoning is a literal facist and racist. Why do people think "debating" them will go anywhere?
If you're going to throw out a ridiculous ad hom, at least quote the posts where I endorse a centralized autocratic government headed by a charismatic leader with dictatorial powers, economic regimentation, and forcible suppression of all dissent. Or a post where I espouse the superiority of one race over another.

Lightning Knight posted:

:qq: the mean leftists want us to have less aircraft carriers and death machines :qq:
The State Department doesn't have aircraft carriers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you're going to throw out a ridiculous ad hom, at least quote the posts where I endorse a centralized autocratic government headed by a charismatic leader with dictatorial powers, economic regimentation, and forcible suppression of all dissent. Or a post where I espouse the superiority of one race over another.

You LOVE the police and get worried about guns whenever an African American is murdered.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dead Reckoning posted:

If I said we should have less aircraft carriers, would I be labeled as a bad leftist who wants to destroy America, optionally because I'm a Russian stooge?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
dead reckoning, what's your take on Seymour Hersh exposing the My Lai massacre? I mean, the all-important ~*military*~ said that exposing what happened there hurt ~*national security*~.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

JeffersonClay posted:

Unfortunately for the Manning campaign people like DR make up a substantial portion of democratic primary voters.

3/10. Come on I know you can troll better than this JC.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I just got ratfucked by jefferosnclay and I'm pissed

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

If I said we should have less aircraft carriers, would I be labeled as a bad leftist who wants to destroy America, optionally because I'm a Russian stooge?

I wonder why people think the United States needs less aircraft carriers?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Calibanibal posted:

I just got ratfucked by jefferosnclay and I'm pissed

You got rodent couplated, bro!

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

readingatwork posted:

If on-topic posts with claims backed by linked, easily accessible research are trolling then I'd say we need more of it around here.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

white sauce posted:

who gives a gently caress about any of this poo poo :chloe:

The empire of the United States deserves to be destroyed, real simple and plain.

this

Dead Reckoning posted:

Funny how the people who are most in favor of Manning being elected are also the people who are in favor of weakening the United States.

lol im very much in favor of this

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

the united states navy's army's navy has more aircraft carriers than any other country in the world.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Instant Sunrise posted:

I wonder why people think the United States needs less aircraft carriers?

Granted, I think that image is fairly outdated, but the message is still more or less right.

I don't see any Chinese carriers and the UK is pretty much down to those 2 Elizabeth Class carriers.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 15, 2018

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Do any of you actually think Manning could win a general election, or even the democratic primary, on a "weaken the US security apparatus" platform? I do not.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

readingatwork posted:

I mean in fairness, I don't actually expect Manning to win the primary. Lotta lovely people out there really hate her still.

Instant Sunrise posted:

the united states navy's army's navy has more aircraft carriers than any other country in the world.

Last I checked, we had as much as the rest of the world combined.

^ that is stupid, she's not going to run on that lmao.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Instant Sunrise posted:

the united states navy's army's navy

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Last I checked, we had as much as the rest of the world combined.

Right.

I was just specifically referring to the marine corps’ fleet of ships specifically as a reference for how overbuilt we are.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

oh my god I didn't even notice that when I quoted it lmao instant sunrise you're the best poster.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

When the admiralty flag in the courtroom is triple-fringed

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

^ that is stupid, she's not going to run on that lmao.

She'd be a fool to try. A position like that sure seems like a liability. Therefore, that Manning is so easily associated with weakening the US security apparatus, due solely to her history, also seems like a liability. The negative ads write themselves.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

Do any of you actually think Manning could win a general election, or even the democratic primary, on a "weaken the US security apparatus" platform? I do not.

even if she cant im still going to vote for her (im registered where she's running because i live there) because im not gonna vote for some milquetoast liberal like cardin haha

manning is like the first person with values even remotely close to mine ive gotten the chance to vote for

Kanine fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 15, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JeffersonClay posted:

She'd be a fool to try. A position like that sure seems like a liability. Therefore, that Manning is so easily associated with weakening the US security apparatus, due solely to her history, also seems like a liability. The negative ads write themselves.

Ok, so, let me be clear:

I agree with you in that I don't think she's going to win the primary, because she's going to be attacked for what she did and most people don't know enough about it to realize what she did was cool and good.

I don't agree that this is a good thing, because what she did is cool and good and she's probably going to run on a decent progressive platform based on her public statements, and Cardin should instead debate her on the issues if she's willing to debate on the issues.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Kanine posted:

even if she cant im still going to vote for her (im registered where she's running because i live there) because im not gonna vote for some milquetoast liberal like cardin haha

manning is like the first person with values even remotely close to mine ive gotten the chance to vote for
Oh cool so this is another vanity campaign that can only sap enthusiasm for the democrat in the general election. Sounds like a good plan for taking back the senate in 2018.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JeffersonClay posted:

Oh cool so this is another vanity campaign that can only sap enthusiasm for the democrat in the general election. Sounds like a good plan for taking back the senate in 2018.

Cardin's seat is listed as safe D, there's no way he loses as a two-term incumbent if he wins the primary.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

JeffersonClay posted:

Hahaha g*ddamn I love Chelsea manning. Every time she makes the news it's like chum in the water

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why is JC acting as if he's got the slightest idea about who's electable and who's not?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Instant Sunrise posted:

I was just specifically referring to the marine corps’ fleet of ships specifically as a reference for how overbuilt we are.

I think a lot of it is an ongoing legacy of the Pacific island-hopping campaign. There is an argument for fleet carriers, but another whole fleet of carriers to support amphibious operations is even more ridiculous. Also when we would use them for their intended purpose? That also goes for the F-35b, who knows why it exists.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 15, 2018

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

if the democrats refuse to actually move left and stop sharing half their neoliberal policies with the gop than yeah they deserve to lose in 2018 lol

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Cardin's seat is listed as safe D, there's no way he loses as a two-term incumbent if he wins the primary.

Here's hoping you're right.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Why is JC acting as if he's got the slightest idea about who's electable and who's not?

I've been pretty good at predicting which leftist candidates will lose their primary campaigns against establishment democrats (all of them).

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bahaha hahahahahah

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JeffersonClay posted:

The Democratic Party: "Sweep that poo poo back under the rug, it keeps coming out."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JeffersonClay posted:

Here's hoping you're right.

2018 is going to be a blue wave, most likely. Anybody with a D next to their name in a blue state is going to mop the loving floor with their R opponent.

It's places like Wisconsin and people like Baldwin we need to worry about. Primary challenges to safe D seats are good, especially in blue wave years.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
guess we should just bend over and keep letting establishment dems keep loving marginalized people over because ~at least they're not gop~

how dare we criticize and refuse to vote for people that dont actually want to fix what's wrong with the world

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

when i looked at this picture i actually died and went to hell thanks

Kanine fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 15, 2018

• Locked thread