Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
looking forward to the mince for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

everything peter beadsley says is a slur

Lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

looking forward to the mince for this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/951219814747557888

quote:

But Beardsley was allowed to continue in his role and it was to the dismay of many within the academy when Gibson reluctantly left his boyhood club in the summer, joining Everton in a deal which could rise to £6million.

We understand the 17-year-old had the support of several academy coaches, one of whom advised him to leave for the good of his career.

Jose fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 11, 2018

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/42633218

Nice try

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol, he picked like the toughest Dakar in years for his debut. Also lmao again at AVB doing what he did.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it owns that he did actually decide to start car racing now he's made tons of money from football

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Heck I admire him, he turned down contract extensions at Zenit and Shanghai to race cars.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
One might even say he exploited russian and chinese idiots to fund his dream while giving zero shits.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so everyone at the club hated beardsley but because it never went public the club put up with him

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/950864100262862848

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

so everyone at the club hated beardsley but because it never went public the club put up with him

Someone cleverer than me gif this with some eye pop eyes :D

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jose posted:

What a piece of work. How bitter do you have to be to belittle someone for having any success? I mean, aren't the age-group sides about developing young talent and then sending them through to the senior team? How pathetic do you have to be to resent someone for achieving that?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The image I posted is the face of a man that resents a lot of things...the Festival of Fools for example

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ShaneBurns_/status/952167729292857344
https://twitter.com/fcsm_official/status/952107025202319364

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Russia doped all its international football teams, with the Russian sports minister instructing that the players should never be caught testing positive, according to the whistleblower who has exposed the scale of corruption in Russian sport.

And Russia planned to swap urine samples at the 2018 World Cup so that its footballers could take drugs with impunity this summer, in a carbon copy of their operation at the Sochi Winter Olympics, according to those close to Grigory Rodchenkov, the former head of the Moscow anti-doping laboratory.

Rodchenkov is now in witness protection in the USA, having already provided damning evidence against Russian sportsmen and women.

But Bryan Fogel, director of Icarus, the documentary film which detailed Rodchenkov’s flight to the USA and revealed the extent of the Russian doping conspiracy, has indicated that the lab director’s testimony on football will be just as damning as for winter sports or athletics.

It means that FIFA are heading into the Russia 2018 World Cup while trying to investigate and potentially discipline the host nation for what looks like the biggest doping scandal football has known. It could lead to the Russia team losing several players and will likely lead to calls for Russia to be banned from their own World Cup.

Fogel, who spent two years investigating doping and getting to know Rodchenkov before he went into witness protection, has revealed more details about Russia’s football doping programme and how it was allegedly orchestrated by Vitaly Mutko, the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, who until last month was in charge of Russia 2018.

Fogel said: ‘What I know from Grigory is that the order from Mutko was: “Football must be clean.”

‘What that meant was that there should never be positives reported in football, even though all the footballers were on the state-sponsored doping programme.’

Rodchenkov is the whistleblower who initially revealed to Fogel and then to the World Anti-Doping Agency that Russian government security agents had helped him defraud the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics by passing tainted Russian samples through a hole in the wall in the anti-doping lab, to be replaced with clean urine.

Pressure is now on FIFA to interview Rodchenkov. However, FIFA have yet to make contact with him, other than indicating to the WADA intermediary that they wish to do so.

FIFA claim they want to analyse all the data they have been given to allow for a more informed interview with Rodchenkov ‘relatively soon’.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the scale of riots if russia gets banned from russia will be, as the french say, encroyable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

And Russia planned to swap urine samples
piss tape confirmed

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333060/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 Icarus

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Russia...Cheating?

I, for one, am shocked that a nation known for cheating in sports would possibly cheat in sports.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Russia did nothing wrong

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

Russia did nothing wrong

Please stop posting.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the scale of riots if russia gets banned from russia will be, as the french say, encroyable

So what would be the process here, if Russia is told to gently caress off out of its own World Cup (they probably won't). Does a new UEFA qualification spot open up?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
they field players who can test clean in the most inspiring underdog story ever told

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Biggest doping scandal? Come on. Russia were never going to accomplish anything anyway. Spain's scandal was bigger and absolutely nothing was done about it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The biggest scandal is Nasri’s drip doctors twitter saga.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

So what would be the process here, if Russia is told to gently caress off out of its own World Cup (they probably won't). Does a new UEFA qualification spot open up?

Qatar will take it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Breath Ray posted:

they field players who can test clean in the most inspiring underdog story ever told

Is it really an underdog story if they still finish last in their group like they're going to anyway?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If they take so many drugs why are they so poo poo?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

Qatar will take it

Pretty sure Qatar's stadiums are still some muddy foundations made from a unique mix of cement and south asian immigrants

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Pretty sure Qatar's stadiums are still some muddy foundations made from a unique mix of cement and south asian immigrants

Yeah but their team of naturalized Brazilian journeymen can still fly to Russia for a week.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vagabundo posted:

FIFA would clearly just have to give it to the highest ranked UEFA team not to qualify

Infantino and Berlusconi then go out to the piazza and kiss passionately

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

FIFA would clearly just have to give it to the highest ranked UEFA team not to qualify

Infantino and Berlusconi then go out to the piazza and kiss passionately

I guess the precedent is Euro 1992, although the team being disqualified was dumped for a completely different reason.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

i'm sorry but this is some lost in translation absolute BS, шоколадка has absolutely zero history as a racist pejorative in the russian language

loving click bait journalist scum to be honest

everyone should watch this though, loving so depressing and stark

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 15, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

St Evan Echoes posted:

piss tape confirmed

<- it’s real

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
what happened to the white playerr who held his nose about the black player the other day, I think in the villa game

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Breath Ray posted:

what happened to the white playerr who held his nose about the black player the other day, I think in the villa game

it was jay rodriguez and he's been reported to the FA

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Would LOVE to see Russia banned from their own World Cup.

This is the first one I've got the time and money to attend and there's no way I'm going to Russia OR Qatar. Sad, really.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Why not go to Russia? They might have got the tournament through massive bribery, but so did everyone else. It’s a proper football country with loads of booze and mental fans, it would be fun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isn't it a bit late to buy tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

peanut- posted:

Why not go to Russia? They might have got the tournament through massive bribery, but so did everyone else. It’s a proper football country with loads of booze and mental fans, it would be fun.

it’s gonna be a blast