Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Apologies if this has been posted but I'm catching up on the wider newspaper comics thread and "MJ is menaced by a crocodilian which is then thrown off panel" has happened before. One more time and it's officially a motif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bah, it didn't even go GRONNNK? :mad:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:golfclap:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I wish I could rate, not just this thread but each individual poster in it, a five.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

Peter didn't go GRONNNK either. Shameful.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

GRONNK is crocodilian for "not agaiiiin". Obviously it would be silly for the crocodile to say it the first time he was flung.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Haifisch posted:

In this episode, the part of "Kraven The Hunter" shall be played by Lennie Small

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
In my headcanon, Kraven is so skilled that in the second panel he's reversing a neck snap he did earlier on Spidey to revive him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Apologies if this has been posted but I'm catching up on the wider newspaper comics thread and "MJ is menaced by a crocodilian which is then thrown off panel" has happened before. One more time and it's officially a motif

Haifisch posted:

This is the best approach to problem-solving I've ever seen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Peter is so bad at this the villains have to make him do his job.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats not a lot of blood either.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
MJ's the first to realize there's a Spider-Hulk on the way. :getin:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh boy I can't wait for the stranger :allears: and the terrible :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oddly, mixing spider-man's blood with the hulk just turns him into an 8 foot tall raccoon

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

oddly, mixing spider-man's blood with the hulk just turns him into an 8 foot tall raccoon

Or an armadilloid.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh good I was wondering when we'd get lenny's backstory

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"It would take hours for a doctor to get here to this hospital! We can't wait that long!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is she loving syringing it out of him?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress don't they have blood available? It's a loving big hospital! Slap a bag of saline in him to bulk his volume while you run upstairs to fetch some.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats not a lot of blood either.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

goatface posted:

Is she loving syringing it out of him?

"Jesus! What do want from me? I'm not the loving doctor."

There were Doctors there when they burst in earlier though, and that nurse had dark hair in the strip with the fab undercut.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 16, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Then just walk over and inject that blood straight into a Bannervein. That'll do ya.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

goatface posted:

Why the gently caress don't they have blood available? It's a loving big hospital! Slap a bag of saline in him to bulk his volume while you run upstairs to fetch some.
If you're going to ask that, then there are 5 million other problems here, starting with "why didn't they confirm anyone's blood typing before injecting blood from one person to another", "why are they using whole blood instead of packed red cells", "why are they using syringes," and "why were they that unsure about tranfusing O- blood into someone with type AB-".

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 16, 2018

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why don't they just slap him 'til he hulks out?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Haifisch posted:

"why are they using syringes,"

"We need to transfuse this blood very slowly. It's like a starving person. You give him food too quickly his belly will burst. Well, Dr. Banner is low on blood. If we give him blood too quickly, his veins will burst!"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

To be fair to the nurse, that should be more than enough blood to replace what she took from Banner.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

goatface posted:

You're assuming the writers/artists have any idea how hospitals work. Assuming wrongly.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It's entirely possible that by Sunday the syringes will have transformed into IVs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samuringa posted:

I would buy a hardcover trade collection of this strip
There are hardcover trades of the 70s and 80s. Marvel needs to pick up the pace, or this arc won't be in hardcover until 2025.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CannonFodder posted:

There are hardcover trades of the 70s and 80s. Marvel needs to pick up the pace, or this arc won't be in hardcover until 2025.

I'm not entirely sure Marvel even knows NSM still exists, they forgot about it in the 90's and the strip's just kept running.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Bold prediction: When Peter runs out of blood, the doctors will have to give him a transfusion...from the alligator, resulting in the triple threat of:

LIZARD HULK
HULK SPIDER
SPIDER GATOR

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

howe_sam posted:

I'm not entirely sure Marvel even knows NSM still exists, they forgot about it in the 90's and the strip's just kept running.

They know about it, it was deliberately disconnected from the multiverse by that one dude to preserve it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is best if they continue to leave it alone. nsm is too delicate and beautiful to survive any meddling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if Joe Quesada sits there each morning just shaking with rage as he reads his paper and gets to the funnies, and has to suffer the completely unrelatable notion of Spider-Man being happily married.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

remusclaw posted:

"Jesus! What do want from me? I'm not the loving doctor."

There were Doctors there when they burst in earlier though, and that nurse had dark hair in the strip with the fab undercut.

look closer the last few days. The weekday colorist made her blonde, but she still has the cute undercut.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

look closer the last few days. The weekday colorist made her blonde, but she still has the cute undercut.

Your'e right!

I like that the Doctors just pawned all these weirdos off on this nurse and hosed off anyplace else.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

This arc might not be over until 2025, so that might not be a problem.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They know about it, it was deliberately disconnected from the multiverse by that one dude to preserve it
And they (briefly) followed the deal with Mephesto thing with Pete and MJ's marriage. Has the 616 get around to undoing that yet?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if Joe Quesada sits there each morning just shaking with rage as he reads his paper and gets to the funnies, and has to suffer the completely unrelatable notion of Spider-Man being happily married.
I think he's too busy fuming that Carlie Cooper never took off. Somehow a party girl supermodel is a more believable love interest than 'Peter but with tits.'

It isn't even wish-fulfillment fantasy, they have a cute dynamic where both lead crazy lives and find love in a mutual need for domestication.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the doctors evacuated the building due to banner's constant veiled threats. the heroic undercut nurse volunteered to stay behind to keep him distracted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

It isn't even wish-fulfillment fantasy, they have a cute dynamic where both lead crazy lives and find love in a mutual need for domestication.

Yeah, plus years (decades!) of having been friends, then boyfriend/girlfriend and finally marriage. MJ was there for so much of what Peter went through, and her sticking around to support Peter after Gwen's death was a huge thing considering her character before then was "ditzy party girl".

Yes I'm still angry about that dumb retcon, especially since it was handled in such a ham-handed way.