Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Hugh Malone posted:

Hey everybody come to my wedding with this conservative christian flat earther

No, they're cool, they like horror movies
Alnilam said he and his wife were, what, 98% matches?

The remaining 2% is that she thinks the earth is shaped like a burrito

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
:yikes:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

BoldFrankensteinMir

There's a "flat-earther"/"cup-size" joke in here somewhere that I don't want to be the one to make.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

blaise rascal posted:

Alnilam said he and his wife were, what, 98% matches?

The remaining 2% is that she thinks the earth is shaped like a burrito

burriot*

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Starman Super DX posted:

tbf I don’t have an interest in even interacting with someone who thinks that the moon is bigger than the sun lol

It's a trick question the sun and the moon are approximately the same relative magnitude in the sky from the surface of the earth which is actually dope

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

It's a trick question the sun and the moon are approximately the same relative magnitude in the sky from the surface of the earth which is actually dope

no see that’s the answer to the “know it all” question

jk avery ilu

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 16, 2018

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

punchymcpunch

i like the moon, i dont like the sun

blaise rascal

This is my favorite science coincidence

To put it another way:
the sun is 400x farther away than the moon but also 400x larger, making both of them appear the same size in our night sky. This is the reason why fully overlapping eclipses are possible

punchymcpunch

i learned about eclipses from tintin

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

blaise rascal posted:

This is my favorite science coincidence

To put it another way:
the sun is 400x farther away than the moon but also 400x larger, making both of them appear the same size in our night sky. This is the reason why fully overlapping eclipses are possible

Um excuse me...... The sun doesn't show up in the night sky!!!

cda

by Hand Knit
God is real: proof: the moon sun size thing

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Um excuse me...... The sun doesn't show up in the night sky!!!
The toenails, on the other hand, never grow at all.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

blaise rascal posted:

Be careful. There was a poster in byob who was gay & newly out, and he posted about how crazy happy and excited he was to start going on dates and going to gay bars, and then pretty soon after that, he came back to byob and said that he was raped. Sadly, I've heard stories like this before.

Go out on dates and have fun, but keep in mind that if your brain is chemically imbalanced by the "rush" as you put it of the possibility of sexual activity, especially just after coming out of the closet, then you may not be thinking straight enough to protect yourself. No need to rush things; sex will still be there when you are thinking more normally. This is a problem for people of all genders & orientations but it does seem to be worse for gay men based on anecdotes I've heard

I'm certainly not saying that this guy's victimization was his own fault but it's still a story that I think is worth mentioning

yeah i have been through similar poo poo (it didnt involve internet dating or me coming out) and like

even the relationships ive been in that werent directly abusive were hosed up to say the least and like, yeah it 8 my fault i was abused or whatever but i cant imagine its not my fault that the only people willing to put up with me are complete pieces of poo poo

and being lonely is better than being raped, so i can even say things are actually getting better :unsmith:

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:yeah: theyre the same size unless youre doing astrophysics

byob historian

cda posted:

God is real: proof: the moon sun size thing

true fact they wont always be, as the sun expands and the moon drifts away

we live in the brief window of a billion years or so where they the same size

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

The possibility of sex really revs up the ol lizard brain

Wish I could have sex. :smith:

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

true fact they wont always be, as the sun expands and the moon drifts away

we live in the brief window of a billion years or so where they the same size

Suck it, everyone else.

----------------

sb hermit

drilldo squirt posted:

Suck it, everyone else.

:yeah:

byob historian

drilldo squirt posted:

Suck it, everyone else.
honestly one person is enough to accomplish this task imo
so long as its the right one

Twenty Four

City of Glompton posted:

good morning byob just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate each and every one of you (even you lurkers I see you up there hi) :glomp:

Hey thanks! Right back at ya!

byob historian

i was having a conversation with my bassist in my head and i said something like, 'a basic jazz chord, root, 3rd, 7th, 9th' and then i started cackling madly and im so happy he gave me my favorite name, b e b o p

9ths make me so happy :3:

blaise rascal

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i was having a conversation with my bassist in my head and i said something like, 'a basic jazz chord, root, 3rd, 7th, 9th' and then i started cackling madly and im so happy he gave me my favorite name, b e b o p

9ths make me so happy :3:
all chord intervals ranked by how byob they are (from most byob to least byob)

5: good. solid. dependable. I give this interval, a :5:
8: you can go back and forth with the 1 and it's like bing BING bing BING haha
1: oh yeah almost forgot this big guy. leader of the pack!! wait, does it count as an interval if the interval is zero? (takes a huge massive bong rip)
maj7: this one sounds real nice :3:
3: this one makes the song happy. if I hadn't taken that bong rip I'd be curious as to why that is
4: it's cool because you can go up by a 4th and add a flat to the key signature and bam! you're in a new key, and if you keep doing that you loop around into all the keys and then back to the original key. the circle of 4ths/5ths is very zen and very byob
min7: check me out I'm a jazzman. miled david, up in here!
2nd: this one is necessary to create that "rznv sound" so it gets a pass in my book
sharp 4: ah yes, the "Lydian Note." I don't remember how it sounds but I like to call it the "Lydian note" so I sound smart
9: sure. whatever. you can throw that on.
11: Um yeah that too I guess
13: ..
15: pretty sure I don't have that many fingers Pierre how about you play the loving piano
flat2: this one is fine as like a transition to 1 but if you linger on it Pierre I will loving kill you
min3: this makes it sound sad. I'm confused. why would you make a song sound sad?
6: um. hello. the 5 is literally right there. are you blind?
flat6: AAAAAAAAA

blaise rascal

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah i have been through similar poo poo (it didnt involve internet dating or me coming out) and like

even the relationships ive been in that werent directly abusive were hosed up to say the least and like, yeah it 8 my fault i was abused or whatever but i cant imagine its not my fault that the only people willing to put up with me are complete pieces of poo poo

and being lonely is better than being raped, so i can even say things are actually getting better :unsmith:
I'm very sorry that you were in abusive relationships. I'm also sorry that you are lonely.

cda

by Hand Knit
I like eighths ;)

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
E7(#9)

blaise rascal

I'm more of a E7(b9) guy myself but they're both good

Scroon

Good morning yobbers! Unless it is not morning when you read this in which case pls save this good morning wish for when you need it (best by date 1/30/18)

punchymcpunch

Scroon posted:

Good morning yobbers! Unless it is not morning when you read this in which case pls save this good morning wish for when you need it (best by date 1/30/18)

ty ill keep it in my pocket til morning

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/488434293996552192

byob historian

drat mario, i am so jelly rn :3:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Scroon posted:

It was after 12 so I'mma save this. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Just noticed Ubereats translates to Overeats

cda

by Hand Knit

Hugh Malone posted:

:aaaaa:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

Hugh Malone posted:

Another reason why Lyfteats is that much better

byob historian

Macnult posted:

Another reason why Lyfteats is that much better

its all edibles, 8 it? 2 get u lyfted? :smugdog::pipe::420::dukedoge:

Macnult

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

its all edibles, 8 it? 2 get u lyfted? :smugdog::pipe::420::dukedoge:

lmao ye && you don’t have be out in public when ur SM8CKD!!!! :D

BoldFrankensteinMir

When I was in Boulder CO recently for work I would just buy 20 dollar blister-packs of edibles from a quaint little dispensary on my walk home, it was really nice. They were cash-only, had an ATM in the lobby and a locked door you had to show your ID to get through, and I could tell the employees were happy to be there and knew what they were talking about. The whole operation was set up in a little cottage-style house, and had the feel of a real mom-and-pop operation.

I still like the weed I get from my home-grow black market buddies 1000x more than dispensary stuff but still, it's nice to eat out once in a while even if you cook.

Sig by Heather Papps

byob historian

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I still like the weed I get from my home-grow black market buddies 1000x more than dispensary stuff but still, it's nice to eat out once in a while even if you cook.

smoking & cooking & eating out sounds like a pretty gr8 evening :yeah:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Also it is very funny to watch out-of-state college people get frustrated they can't pay for drugs with an NFC chip. Gotta get out that paypa moneyz if you're buying sticky, future-girl.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
I already matched with someone incredibly cool and attractive on okcupid so I'm a believer