Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the best line in the game was Storm going something like "My life is CLUTTERED with these MATERIAL POSSESSIONS" when she had no inventory space. it was just insanely dramatic, i loved it

also i found this old pic which is now more relevant than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm one of those losers who loved just hearing all the characters interact with each other - usually just a quip, sometimes a throwback to an old story or something.

This one of my favorite parts of the game too. Doom's unending smugness was great as was drat near every character reacting negatively to Deadpool.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Man, Infinite Crisis was fun too, it was the right amount of goofy, you could have almost an entire team of Batman after a while.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Infinite Crisis had the most toxic community I have ever seen, and I say that as someone who has played League of Legends since Season 1.

gently caress that game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yardbomb posted:

Man, Infinite Crisis was fun too, it was the right amount of goofy, you could have almost an entire team of Batman after a while.

i honestly think it was fine as far as MOBA games go, there was just no room in the market for it at all since it didnt do anything special or interesting beyond having DC characters

they had playable krypto and swamp thing and stuff like that, so clearly they were going some interesting directions with the character picks. but it wasnt enough to make anyone actually care about the game, especially since it had a reputation for just being filled with 20 batman variants while leaving out unique characters that people actually wanted

Zaodai posted:

Infinite Crisis had the most toxic community I have ever seen, and I say that as someone who has played League of Legends since Season 1.

gently caress that game.

oh yeah that was a major issue too

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

My favorite was Doom's "Another trinket to throw on the pile". The entire genre condensed into one line.

It's sublimely appropriate that don't know whether you're referring to comics or ARPGs, both are full of repetitive interchangeable quests to get the next ultimate artifact that'll be forgotten/nerfed in a few months. Then again MH managed to blend summer events and gear grinds together into an unholy hype monster the likes of which only Red Onslaught could face.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kelp Plankton posted:

the best line in the game was Storm going something like "My life is CLUTTERED with these MATERIAL POSSESSIONS" when she had no inventory space.

"Everything I ever loved is gone. So too will these meaningless items disappear." - Magneto, blowing up a trash can.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
"They don't make things like THIS in Wakanda" -Shuri, upon looting Wakandan Necklace unique

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I just reinstalled and am going through the tutorial again. I picked hawkeye as my starter hero. How do I join the guild?

Here's a screenshot btw:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I just reinstalled and am going through the tutorial again. I picked hawkeye as my starter hero. How do I join the guild?

Here's a screenshot btw:

Request denied: Not the sweatpants variant Hawkeye

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
"These shoes cost more than the barn you likely grew up in"

:smith:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Kheldarn posted:

Unkillable Thing, thanks to Let's Roll, Suzie!.
I had to wait soooo long for Thing's 52 Review, and I was shocked when it actually turned out kind of awesome.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
not sure if piano mans everything or deadpool’s numpad was the best, both top notch gameplay though

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Strange, picking up the Eye of Agamoto unique: it's no Eye of Agamoto, but it will do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Cyclops: "Spiderman, sometimes I'm glad you're not a mutant."

Chill out, Scott.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm glad he's not a dirty mutant, too.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

:pirate: ye be qualifyin' fer cabin boy now

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Looks like I just graduated.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Real poo poo I've got good memories of leveling punisher and just having every single interact be a walk of shame with every single character poo poo talking the poor guy

I've got less good memories of punisher being my first character

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Also rip to this being like the last game we're ever gonna be able to play as people like Moon Knight and Blade, y'all going back in the bin after this

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

HebrewMagic posted:

Also rip to this being like the last game we're ever gonna be able to play as people like Moon Knight and Blade, y'all going back in the bin after this

Blade at the very least has potential in any action-y Marvel game, because he fills the role of "cool black guy" if they need another one besides Luke Cage, or if for whatever reason they need him to be less powerful. Non-Comics people have a chance of at least being aware who he is because of the Wesley Snipes movies.

Gonna miss Moon Knight though. :saddowns:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Never fear we are flipping over to Vermintide 2 when it launches. ROLL VERMINTIDE ROLL!!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Zaodai posted:

gently caress that game.

any community that included osama bin laden is ok in my book

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i can smell the sweet tea

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Cosmicing jean by only holding down right click with all the stacked auras while watching DS9. Good times.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh man, prestige chomping bars and plowing through holo-sim waves so quickly that you were still getting level-up messages while teleporting to the chapter bosses to grab another fistful of levels.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Too soon.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

i will forever be mad, about horse rider

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I cannot believe the only way I get to play as Emma Frost now is at my weekly Marvel LARP group.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
There is no way Gaz could have animated a horse satisfactorily

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gaz cant even make the wheels rotate on a van so even a horse with circular legs would be too hard

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Soothing Vapors posted:

There is no way Gaz could have animated a horse satisfactorily

That didn't stop them from making anything else.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Take one of Squirrel Girl's squirrels, make it talller, then squeeze it a bit. Pull its nose longer, shrink the tail, and there you go, a beautiful gaz horse ready to be sold in the costume store.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ponzicar posted:

Take one of Squirrel Girl's squirrels, make it talller, then squeeze it a bit. Pull its nose longer, shrink the tail, and there you go, a beautiful gaz horse ready to be sold in the costume store.
But it still has no bones

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I gotta say, this game didn't not have very good graphics, character design or animations, or pleasing to look at level design... or coherent story... or a reason to play it, it was largely held together by a whooooole lot of unique characters for a diablo clone and about 50% more explosions.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I thought the graphics were decent considering how far away most of us had the camera. What was a waste was what good quality the character models were created in by the end, vs. what actually showed up in the game especially zoomed out. That's one area they really could have spent half the effort without anyone caring, vs. all the other corners they cut that were quite apparent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have no idea where you get the impression they could have safely half-assed the vagines without the forums immediately crashing from mariah gifs

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hey folks im pretty excited we can finally play as howard the duck, been a long time but gazillion really delivers for us fans that stuck around

seem to be a lot of new marvel characters i dont recognize these days though, guess im not keeping up with the comics enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

That godforsaken duck's eyes