Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
When does the event end? The banner says the 18th, which is Thursday, but all the quests already say "1 Day Left".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Main Paineframe posted:

When does the event end? The banner says the 18th, which is Thursday, but all the quests already say "1 Day Left".

The game drops any extra hours if there's still more than 24 left. So it's gonna say one day left until about 23 and a half hours from now, at which point the actual last day starts and it begins counting down from 23 hours.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, it says the 18th, but it's based on UTC. So for EST it ends on the 17th at 11 PM, which for PST is 8 PM. I really wish they would stop using UTC for announcements.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Decided to just one shot Herc with my Okita because I have no time for his poo poo. Beat it with UMU at almost full HP with an NP finish on the dragon. Just need one more drat gear to get imperial privilege to max so I can work on her other heal.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm surprised no-one's talking about using support MHX for today's daily; she does close to the same damage to Altera as Okita does and the points difference from bringing her is more than 10k. You do lose out on Okita's dodge and defense down but neither of those really seemed necessary to me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okita does way more damage considering her speed and crit star generation.

Also, the fight is super easy if you bring the plug suit. Just Stun Heracles and kill him before he gets his Guts off. Kill the dragon first since he only has like 400k HP which is nothing in this event. Then you just have normal Altera with inflated HP.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm surprised no-one's talking about using support MHX for today's daily; she does close to the same damage to Altera as Okita does and the points difference from bringing her is more than 10k. You do lose out on Okita's dodge and defense down but neither of those really seemed necessary to me.

Okita lets you functionally ignore the dragon while MHX will take some fairly meaty hits, especially if and when the drat thing crits.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I grabbed a support Okita for Altera but my MHX contributed about as much damage despite being 10 levels lower thanks to her third skill and the event attack boost. In the end it was down to the wire and I only managed to win thanks to my backline Salter carrying Star of Arturia and the guts getting her past Altera's second NP.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Altera gets her NP interlude with the 2M dl event :toot:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Lalter is still the only one I don't have a full bonus plan for. Even with max event boosts 3.3M is a lot of hp to bring down when she's got a party-wiping NP every, what, 4 turns? And there's no chance to charge NPs beforehand because she's the only wave. I guess using command spells for three back-to-back Okita NPs is the backup plan, but it's a pain to have to sacrifice 30k points for that.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I did the Altera quest with a support MHX and it was pretty close, Lily was the last one standing with 1 HP. At least Lily was relevant for once during her own event though, and the points from the quest nearly got me to 2 million.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Altera gets her NP interlude with the 2M dl event :toot:

Just in time to spend the next week clearing an obscene amount of hands for xp.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Retcon posted:

I did the Altera quest with a support MHX and it was pretty close, Lily was the last one standing with 1 HP. At least Lily was relevant for once during her own event though, and the points from the quest nearly got me to 2 million.

I actually found Altera much easier than Karna, but that's probably my own fault for trying to beat Karna with two Lilies.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
SAlter is much better than Altera if you're talking mid-tier servants. Neither is really impressive though.

Waver/Tamamo/Kintoki-Vlad is still seriously fun though.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Whew, cleared that Altera and dragon challenge. Turns out I underestimated and will clear with over 2million ahoge points if I win tomorrow's challenge. At least this means I can focus on doing dailies again. For now, this event is done for me. Nevermind that I got 20 quartz for hitting login 200. Must resist rolling for MHX at this late in the game... :sweatdrop:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

SAlter is much better than Altera if you're talking mid-tier servants. Neither is really impressive though.

Waver/Tamamo/Kintoki-Vlad is still seriously fun though.

I wouldn't say much better. Altera still has more Attack than Salter so Altera makes a better beatstick. Altera is a normal attack monster and she doesn't really lose out to anyone in that aspect except against Okita and Heracles.

Anyone that uses Altera will find her to be better than what naysayers say. But since I got Musashi on JP, it's very clear that Altera will be overshadowed by a lot of Servants in the future on NA. Still, overshadowed is not the same as ineffective.

The same situation can be applied to Bride Nero who will possibly be the best Saber in the game until Merlin and Musashi are released.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Altera was easy because I decided to take a Okita with a MLB Purely Bloom instead of a Saber Lily with a MLB Star of Artoria, as I'd done in previous days.

Okita got Altera down to like 400k HP, Saber Alter nuked Dragon and what was left of Altera's health with NP-B-B chain.

God bless single-target NPs.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I have no good Sabers so I can't really farm the quests this event, but I think if I burn like ten apples or so I can still hit a million artorium and get the last copy of Lily for completion's sake.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Finally got a Star to drop. Just in time to MLB it for the challenges since I'm only at a million points. Did a test run and man this is gonna be rough.
Edit: Took some finagling but a couple low % crits and lucky targeting got it on the 3rd try. Only an Okita with sub 1000 HP left from start to finish. Gotta appreciate when the AI does nothing but buff itself.

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 16, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wish Altera got her NP buff before this event!!! Also gently caress I really really really need five more horseshoes so I can max ascend her....

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's a non-zero chance that we get Valentine's immediately following the Bryn campaign, so you know, be prepared. That said I don't think there's much prep work needed for it because it seems more based around "what female servants do you have and which ones do you want the personal chocolate CEs for?"

So what I'd be curious to know is the reasonable number of personal chocolate CEs to shoot for while still (presumably) clearing out most of the shop.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Plutonis posted:

I wish Altera got her NP buff before this event!!! Also gently caress I really really really need five more horseshoes so I can max ascend her....

The quest Equipment gathering - comet of saber wars drops horseshoes. i grinded that and it gave me horseshoes at a pretty good rate allowing me to max ascend Altera

And yeah, with the 1/2 ap ember coming soon. any advice to prepare for the upcoming events would be appreciated.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Don't do Comet, it grants horseshoes at the same rate as the Okeanos site that hands em out, but costs more than twice the AP. Wait until the event is over and mainline that IMO.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nate RFB posted:

So what I'd be curious to know is the reasonable number of personal chocolate CEs to shoot for while still (presumably) clearing out most of the shop.

Wait you have to unlock the CEs? I thought they just gave you them in cutscenes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Each one is 150 coins of that servant's class, which is cheap it seems compared to most of the other things you can get in the shop.

After you get them you do get a cutscene, yeah.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Do they actually do anything or is it pure art collection purposes? It seemed like their only effect was helping to unlock other ones of the same class.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
2 Million Download Campaign hits Jan 18th -24th

25x Quartz
5x Blaze of Wisdom ALL★4
5x Hero Crystal: Star Fou ALL ★3 (HP)
5x Hero Crystal: Sun Fou ALL ★3 (ATK)
5x Golden Apples
5x Summon Tickets
Heroic Portrait ★4 CE which boosts Bond Points by 50.
Anniversary Blonde Mystic Code based on Artoria's casual outfit.

Also a banner with Brynhildr and two other guys I'm unfamiliar with.

Yes and thank you.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 16, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can brag on the internet about your waifus

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Do they actually do anything or is it pure art collection purposes? It seemed like their only effect was helping to unlock other ones of the same class.

Just art collection purposes, though you can also 'eat them.' (They're worth 30k CE EXP each.)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The meta of Valentine's seems to be primarily based around how many CEs you can slot in, since the best boosts are from 5* CEs. These personal/gift ones however boost just as much as the shop CE (+2) but only cost as much as a 4*, and you can equip them on anyone so it allows flexibility where you could equip say Okita's gift CE on an archer and then bring that archer to the Saber dailies.

And for yes for the cutscene/waifu aspect as well.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

They increase event drops at the same rate as the normal shop CE does and they only cost 3 to equip rather than 12. So unless you have five of the gold gatcha CEs they're going to be worth using.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can now confirm, having done it, that double Okita makes the Altera fight a joke, and will probably make the last node with Lalter a joke too. I didn't even care about the dragon, went straight for Altera and bursted her down with two Okita NPs and an admittedly lucky crit on support Okita's quick card. After that it was GG no re dragon. Between the two NPs Altera was down to 100k health, and that was without class affinity. Lalter is hosed tomorrow.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All is right in the world again.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nah, Salter needs her street clothes too.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

10 mil QP from 9-10 is a bit much but totally worth it with Maid in Halloween on for 5,440 HP. I loving wish I the rng could have given me the last one to MLB it.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They need to make an alternate costume for normal Arturia that has her in her Fate/Zero suit and riding her bike.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

They need to make an alternate costume for normal Arturia that has her in her Fate/Zero suit and riding her bike.

Summer Salter has you covered on the bike kind of.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Salter stole the bike.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if they make a suit costume for arturia ill finally level the one i have in jp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if you use a valentines CE for xp the Servant who gave it to you should just leave