Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mean, the United States' current constitution basically exists because of Shay's Rebellion. We're shaped as a nation by protest, revolts, and riots

I mean if we weren't, we would probably still be a commonwealth nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, the United States' current constitution basically exists because of Shay's Rebellion. We're shaped as a nation by protest, revolts, and riots

I mean if we weren't, we would probably still be a commonwealth nation

A nations beginnings and its current trends have little to do with one another.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

lmao

Pariah Rex posted:

Okay, so I was in this relationship for 3 years, two of which we never had one fight. Then the last six months things started to fall apart for reasons thay we're mostly my fault. We "broke up" the day after thanksgiving and she was instantly with another guy we had been friends with.

Que all the normal stuff, I make huge life changes, and big gestures. We talk about our relationship and for the past month have basically been better friends than we had been since July. I can go into details about how much time we spend together but I'm sure people just want to hear about the ghost.

Sometime ago she was apparently visited by my grandfather whom she had never met. I never used to believe in these things but she is very very accurate when she reads people.

Now this week we spent the night together in the same bed for most of the week. It was the first time we did this since the break. Now one morning she says she is asking the spirit of my grandfather about our future. According to her/him we will end up together and its "written in stone" but it wont happen for a year.

Now meanwhile she is still hanging out with this other dude, sleeping at his house sometimes, though she claims they have only had sex once and it was right after we broke up and that her and the dude are totally wrong for each other in everyway and she wont agree to be his girlfriend or whatever.

What the gently caress? I have no drat clue.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Terrible relationship decisions are always best made on the basis of supernatural advice related to you by the person you're in a relationship with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

Terrible relationship decisions are always best made on the basis of supernatural advice related to you by the person you're in a relationship with.

When I was a teenager I fronted the money for a palm reading for the girl I'd been making out with the night before. Palm reader told her to stop making out with me. I paid ten bucks (which is a lot of money when you don't have a job) so a stranger could tell a girl to stop kissing me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I once got cock blocked by a tarot reading so I feel you

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It loving sucked. They give you a "cookbook" when you're on a liquid diet and it's just a list of things you can put in a blender. Hamburger? Throw in some milk and blend! Fried Chicken? Throw in some milk and blend! Potato Chips? Actually, that's gross, just suffer.

I subsisted on blended soups and shakes for two months, and then at the end when the wires were finally supposed to come off the oral surgeon was like "well, we're gonna knock you out and dig around in there anyway, might as well yank your wisdom teeth and prolong your agony."

Sadists.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Bright rules. Just :2bong:

My mom made steak the night I came back from having my wisdom teeth pulled. I was NOT knocked out for that by the way. I could feel the pain but couldn't respond. It was not pleasant.

I got my wisdom teeth out almost 2 months ago.

My insurance didn't cover general anesthesia, so I just got the local.

In order to cut down on the terrible sounds (the cracking of teeth and the drill usage, (I hate dental drills)) I played the only album I had on my phone, Dark Side of the moon.

Sure enough right as the procedure begins Time starts up, and go figure synced up with the procedure pretty well.

It was trippy AF.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The lead singer from Cranberries died

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

piss tape israel posted:

The lead singer from Cranberries died

You're at least 3 pages too late.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I once got cock blocked by a tarot reading so I feel you

Horoscopes for me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
let he who hasnt had a wicca girlfriend through the first stone

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jokes on you, we went out twice and she only wanted to be friends. :smug:

Oh poo poo, wait, no then there was the second one I flipped out and broke up with because I was depressed and an emotional wreck for most of my late teens/early twenties.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Got my stone ready.

Although the emo and goth girls I dated aren't exactly an improvement on wiccans.

I still have a soft spot for a woman with an edge and a brutally cynical outlook on life even if I mostly date sweethearts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Got my stone ready.

Although the emo and goth girls I dated aren't exactly an improvement on wiccans.

I still have a soft spot for a woman with an edge and a brutally cynical outlook on life even if I mostly date sweethearts.

Emos and Goths are just the Atheist version of Wiccans.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Strangled To Death By My Cybergoth Girlfriend's Vinyl Dreadlocks

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/tpain/status/952557159530795009

Very much agree

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skwirl posted:

What are you talking about, the US government is always rational and only uses appropriate force during protests

I'm phone posting, otherwise each word of the sentence would be a different link to some other atrocity
Reading excerpts from Nixonland and seeing how public opinion of the massacre was that those students had it coming was depressing as gently caress (especially one father who said he would feel happy if those soldiers killed one of his sons if he was in those protests)

If MLK were alive today he would definitely be lambasted as a "race baiter" from the right like Sharpton and Jackson are today. Its amazing how filed off and nostalgia fueled his legacy is, I mean hell most of the reaction to the March on Washington was pretty ambivalent

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
holy poo poo, if you get sucked up in side quests, do not do not do not play assassins creed origins because you will never beat the game

I've played like 2 hours a day every day for the past week and I still have only beaten the prologue because I'm just doing side quests and destroying all the bases and hideouts I find.

I JUST got the drat little assassin blade today

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Oh also :stare: :stare: :stare:

https://twitter.com/abc7greg/status/953069364525191168

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm struggling with the words to say I hope everyone is okay and :krad: at the same time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm struggling with the words to say I hope everyone is okay and :krad: at the same time.

No one died.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hooray 6AM conference calls :shepicide:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm exhausted from sleeping on the couch and my idiot dogs waking me up all night lol

Still not sick tho!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:thunk:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

prageru

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

needed only two more courses for my associates, ive taken so many prereqs for grad school

just need pre calc and calc

how hard could it?

going through the first little homework section and i am just eating worlds of poo poo

gently caress this, gently caress lines, gently caress triangles, i dont give a poo poo, blow me

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Calculus is a lot easier than precalculus, precalculus covers a range of topics and techniques some of which can be confusing but calculus I just requires understanding a few concepts (the idea of a limit, the idea of a rate of change) and memorizing some easy stuff

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

holy poo poo, if you get sucked up in side quests, do not do not do not play assassins creed origins because you will never beat the game

I've played like 2 hours a day every day for the past week and I still have only beaten the prologue because I'm just doing side quests and destroying all the bases and hideouts I find.

I JUST got the drat little assassin blade today

I finally beat it on Friday. I would say, much like Witcher, you can ignore a good portion of the "?"s. They don't lead to any sidequests and are generally just "open container, kill captain/commander". If you see a glowing gold "?", definitely go for those however.

Any actual quests will be the "!" markers. The "?" are good for a little extra exp if you need help leveling up but they don't have any storyline tied to them and generally give you garbage loot.

Also hang on to your papyrus scrolls until you get to a higher level. I waited and got some weapons with hilariously overpowered add-ons to them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Calculus is a lot easier than precalculus, precalculus covers a range of topics and techniques some of which can be confusing but calculus I just requires understanding a few concepts (the idea of a limit, the idea of a rate of change) and memorizing some easy stuff

yeah well gently caress it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

calculus is easy once you realize the answer is always 6

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The hardest part of calculus is the algebra.

The calculus part is mostly just remembering how to do derivatives and poo poo. Then the problem turns into algebra, which is where most people gently caress up. Of course you’re hosed before you even begin if you can’t figure out how to do the calculus part, but for all of your classes that’s just gonna be remembering how to do the transform.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

very stable genius posted:

The hardest part of calculus is the algebra.

The calculus part is mostly just remembering how to do derivatives and poo poo. Then the problem turns into algebra, which is where most people gently caress up. Of course you’re hosed before you even begin if you can’t figure out how to do the calculus part, but for all of your classes that’s just gonna be remembering how to do the transform.

Yeah, calculus is just pattern recognition and memorization. Precalc is like, super geometry, which was my least favorite math.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

bitcoin is dropping like a rock and i love it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Literally did the same thing 2 weeks ago...I'm surprised this still makes the news

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Form of currency devoid of all modern forms of oversight demonstrates need for oversight, news at 11

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Probably because yesterday there was a report that a bunch of the high volume trading to get its volume plumped up to $1k was all bots lmao

Turns out the lovely fake thing that's only good for buying drugs shouldn't be worth $15k a pop

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

the biggest challenge bitcoin faces is its stupid dumb name

people aren't going to let something called loving bitcoin be the future of currency

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it costs $30 to send bitcoin to someone

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The biggest challenge bitcoin faces is it's dumbass unsecured bullshit.

and this

hifi posted:

it costs $30 to send bitcoin to someone

and this

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like cryptocurrency is possible but bitcoin was an experimental model co opted to be the product